Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SlixStigma

Jan 25, 2018
I have a question. For manual translation, when I translate a character's name in the actor section and when it shows their name when they talk ingame, do I need to just keep translating their name everytime? Does the replace function in find recognize newline characters?

SlixStigma

Jan 25, 2018
Okay I can live what 1the other problem, but does this program not have a return function for new lines? Using note and pasting it back in means it does but enter just brings me to the next text box.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
The "Error! File list not found in init file at :..." is a common error in translator++, it could be corrupted files, likely in the cache "C:\Users\***\Desktop\Translator++_2.9.29\www\php\cache" and I believe there is another "C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\translator++" which hold some data which may or may not cause the errors.
The main way I've gotten around the error in the past is to find a game which does load and copy to a new folder, then delete the data and game.ini file for that game and move the data and game.ini of the one failing to load into that one. then load the .exe of working one with transplanted data.
(note that the game should run the same engine e.g rpgmaker VX)
once you have loaded from the transplanted one you can export to the original one and it should work fine (the name of the window will be wrong if you forget to move game.ini too)
madboy2009 , sorry to bother again.

I'm trying the same technique as shown above, but unlike the first time, where I already had an existing correct dump folder in the cache folder of the Translator++ project, this time, I don't have a dump folder, which populates the Translator++ interface with the information (e.g. the maps, text, and whatnot). If I load the game that correctly works (even though I've swapped the data folders - in the game directory and in cache), the existing "dump" file will populate the Translator++ interface with the wrong maps and whatnot. If I delete the dump folder itself, Translator++ will fail to load.

I'm realizing that, during the creation of a New Project, Translator++ creates the dump folder, and that's absolutely crucial to translating (without the correct dump files, you'd be translating the wrong files, or without them, you can't load your project at all).

How did you get around this problem?

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
View attachment 879057
anyone know, why when i translate with RPG Maker VX, there is some square like that ??
The squares mean that the character is not in the font pack that is being used, you may need to run the game in the language that it is intended for (usually Japanese, using Locale Emulator) or you may need to find the font pack (a .ttf file) and replace it with one that has the characters required supported. If you are trying to translate into another language that is not English you will near 100% of the time need to change the font file

Reactions: ohry13

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
madboy2009 , sorry to bother again.

I'm trying the same technique as shown above, but unlike the first time, where I already had an existing correct dump folder in the cache folder of the Translator++ project, this time, I don't have a dump folder, which populates the Translator++ interface with the information (e.g. the maps, text, and whatnot). If I load the game that correctly works (even though I've swapped the data folders - in the game directory and in cache), the existing "dump" file will populate the Translator++ interface with the wrong maps and whatnot. If I delete the dump folder itself, Translator++ will fail to load.

I'm realizing that, during the creation of a New Project, Translator++ creates the dump folder, and that's absolutely crucial to translating (without the correct dump files, you'd be translating the wrong files, or without them, you can't load your project at all).

How did you get around this problem?
The only way I can think of Translator++ reading the wrong files is if the files are packed in the .exe (which is not too uncommon for MV), if this is the case it's easy to spot as the www file (usually) will not contain any data, only saves. older RPG makers also have the .rgss** files which are a similar concept. If you have a packed .exe (with MV) you can use the "Enigma VB Unpacker" which comes with Translator++, (it's a .exe that is at "*Your Path*\Translator++\3rdParty") or in the case of .rgss you use "RgssUnpacker". Though as you are Transplanting data, for .rgss just delete it and it will read from data folder, and for MV just use another base to transpose onto.

If that doesn't fix your problem try another base game to transplant the data into. Or if you are really having trouble tell me the game (or send me a download link) and I will try to load it and send you back a .trans file with the data loaded.
feel free to message me, or quote me if you need any more help (and screen shots of the files, or saying the game's name so I can look at it myself would be helpful next time, as I have to guess at what RPGM version it is, as each version has it's own problems in Translator++)

ohry13

Mar 30, 2019
The squares mean that the character is not in the font pack that is being used, you may need to run the game in the language that it is intended for (usually Japanese, using Locale Emulator) or you may need to find the font pack (a .ttf file) and replace it with one that has the characters required supported. If you are trying to translate into another language that is not English you will near 100% of the time need to change the font file
ohh thanks my savior !!

teri teri

Jun 18, 2020
Ảnh chụp màn hình (70).png So.... i translated a game and this 'error' appear(i'm waiting for half a hour but it still 0%)
Somebody help me pls

redpaper

Jan 30, 2020
My translator++ (2.9.29) refused to export the translation of several certain maps.

To be precise, except for text from 'Show Choices', none of the dialogue is read in English; they stay in their source language.

Although I know nothing about programming, I did some troubleshooting:

1. I added nonsense letters in the rightmost column to see if the software could at least export them successfully (because translator++ would always choose the rightmost non-blank column as the final translation). But unfortunately, it turns out the translator++ ignored everything I input, exporting the original untranslated dialogue.

2. I followed some suggestions from this thread, such as 'importing the project to a new one' and so forth, but none of those methods can really work out. I supposed it's because we're in different versions of RPG Maker (I'm VX Ace, the dragon head one).

3. I tried many ways to apply the translation, like 'inject', 'export to a folder/as a zip', but none worked. But to my surprise, xlxs and txt files look fine to me. The bad news is, I don't know what to do with them.

When exporting, I've read really carefully, and I never saw any 'error'. When mentioning those problematic maps, all it said is that 'copied from A to B', which is no different from other good ones.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the game. Because two on-strike maps are the ones that contain many more dialogues and event pages than others. But just like the aforesaid, text from 'Show Choices' is properly translated, so it means the translator++ is 'carefully choosing' the part it wants to do.

I've been working on this project for over 3 months and now I feel really painful to see my efforts go in vain.

If you get any idea that mayhaps cause, relate to, or solve the problem I suffer from, please please help me.:cry:

redpaper

Jan 30, 2020
redpaper mmm that should work, mind posting some pics?
Because you deleted original rgss I assume?
Thank you for your help.

1. pics
Being Ignored.jpg
As shown in the pic 1, the rightmost line of row 2 is a translation, and row 3 is a random number.
Being Ignored.jpg
Pic 2 is the according event page after I 'applied' the translation patch.
Show Choices.jpg
Pic 3. Dialogues are untranslated, while options are.

2. About rgss

To be honest, I don't really know what does rgss do, so I moved it to another folder after encrypting it.
All I know is that I should not leave rgss in the original folder. Otherwise, the game will prefer to load data from the rgss file rather than the 'data' folder.

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
Wanted to test myself, but perhaps this version is bugged, can't even output a zip xD?
(Earlier ones worked fine :unsure:)

1604350896403.png

redpaper

Jan 30, 2020
Translator ++ is a good tool, but many times it can give some errors. We use it only for the structure of the translation.
Hi, LifeMakerHentai

I have some problems using translator++ (mentioned in #874 and #876 if you want to know), so I planned to try a new translation tool for RPG Maker games.

Could you tell me what kind of tools you're using?

Thank you very much.

F4S1

Aug 29, 2019
1604498358320.png
I don't understand, I already installed everything, but still gives an error, even moved the folder to different places.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote