Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

clb22111

Sep 21, 2020
I translate renpy game. When exporting to the folder, the software will automatically turn off, help me. Sorry, I don't speak English well so I use google translate.

EnlyZ

Nov 21, 2019
I translate renpy game. When exporting to the folder, the software will automatically turn off, help me. Sorry, I don't speak English well so I use google translate.
I have a problem similar to Ren'py game. but I export the translation and it's breaking the game, I don't know how to solve it.

clb22111

Sep 21, 2020
[QUOTE = "EnlyZ, bài đăng: 4309621, thành viên: 1802129"]
Tôi gặp một vấn đề tương tự như trò chơi Ren'py. nhưng tôi xuất bản dịch và nó đang phá game, tôi không biết làm thế nào để giải quyết nó.
[/ TRÍCH DẪN]
You can export project yet?

EnlyZ

Nov 21, 2019
[QUOTE = "EnlyZ, bài đăng: 4309621, thành viên: 1802129"]
Tôi gặp một vấn đề tương tự như trò chơi Ren'py. nhưng tôi xuất bản dịch và nó đang phá game, tôi không biết làm thế nào để giải quyết nó.
[/ TRÍCH DẪN]
You can export project yet?
Yes, but this is breaking the game and I don't know why and how to solve it.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Getting this age-old error that's preventing me from adding a new game into Translator++.
Starting a new translation with this specific game causes the Patching game ... 98% (and then Translator++ hangs).
I can load old .trans files but not export with them (the "Export" button does nothing).

"Error! File list not found in init file at : C:\Users\***\Desktop\Translator++_2.9.29\www\php\cache\63d0c4f44034861c9ee5d58f00c764b5\initial.json"

Tested RPGMaker VX and VXAce games and all have the same error; though some are able to finish loading (e.g. sometimes they don't hang on 96-98%), none of them are able to generate a translation interface with Translator++, resulting in the bug shown above every single time. I've tested on multiple versions of Translator++, some of which actually worked with the VX/VX Ace games previously, so I have no idea what's going on.
There's precious little information about this error and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot.

I've used 7-8 different versions of Translator++, started from the completely untouched version of the game (after having extracted the data and graphics files using All Decrypter and deleted/renamed the rgssa file), restarted computer, removed extra files and Japanese-text files ... Nothing works. Any suggestions are appreciated.

madboy2009, I followed your instructions ... I was hoping you'd have some suggestions since you were able to help with the same problem earlier this year?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

madboy2009

May 29, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The "Error! File list not found in init file at :..." is a common error in translator++, it could be corrupted files, likely in the cache "C:\Users\***\Desktop\Translator++_2.9.29\www\php\cache" and I believe there is another "C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\translator++" which hold some data which may or may not cause the errors.
The main way I've gotten around the error in the past is to find a game which does load and copy to a new folder, then delete the data and game.ini file for that game and move the data and game.ini of the one failing to load into that one. then load the .exe of working one with transplanted data.
(note that the game should run the same engine e.g rpgmaker VX)
once you have loaded from the transplanted one you can export to the original one and it should work fine (the name of the window will be wrong if you forget to move game.ini too)

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
The "Error! File list not found in init file at :..." is a common error in translator++, it could be corrupted files, likely in the cache "C:\Users\***\Desktop\Translator++_2.9.29\www\php\cache" and I believe there is another "C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\translator++" which hold some data which may or may not cause the errors.
The main way I've gotten around the error in the past is to find a game which does load and copy to a new folder, then delete the data and game.ini file for that game and move the data and game.ini of the one failing to load into that one. then load the .exe of working one with transplanted data.
(note that the game should run the same engine e.g rpgmaker VX)
once you have loaded from the transplanted one you can export to the original one and it should work fine (the name of the window will be wrong if you forget to move game.ini too)
Much appreciated for the quick reply. Thanks for your help!

And yes, I actually got around the problem by doing the exact same thing - replacing the data folder of an existing/working game in Translator++ with the data folders of the game I want to translate (in the cache files as well). For reference's sake, I also omitted the Scripts and GameInfo files, which I'll edit separately.

I don't think it's cache, as I cleared everything in my AppData folder (Temp and Translator++) and in Translator++'s cache (tested also by using completely clean, freshly downloaded copies of various versions of Translator++). I'm guessing that it's the Translator++ program not liking something in the game files. Could be a plugin issue maybe. I was hoping for an actual fix instead of a workaround, since I know this will come up again, either for me or for someone else, and I wish the creator would address it. But thanks for your help anyway.

mariog

May 1, 2019
It seems that the error comes from a third party program, which brings the translator++.
I leave image of the error for if somebody wants to make its magic.:sneaky:

Error-VXAce.png

Ploster

Oct 23, 2019
Traslator++ V2.9.29

32 Bits

64 Bits

Dev version: send me a message

Update log

[2.9.29]

• Add : Word wrapping option for original text
  • Fix : Unable to batch translate source language other than Japanese
  • Fix : Unable to generate patch after importing TPP files when custom staging path is set
  • Fix : Unable to process tags in spreadsheet module
  • Add : Project's HTML Information to project properties window
  • Add : Project's information can be displayed on project load
  • Add : Option to enable/disable autocomplete
  • Add : Clearer error message & how to fix (staging's document error)
  • Add : Clearer error message & how to fix (PHP CLI error)
thank you kind sir !!

arteria

Dec 31, 2018
can it translate visual novels ( like Kunoichi Aoi fallen to darkness. Imouto paradasie, yarichi netori ect)? if not can you suggest any other translators?

edit: ok I made a couple attempts. I made attempts on sonabiA and another game and both it happened that normal lines were translated however once a h scene began, no more translation and japanese started to appear instead. then once h scene finishes it switches again to english.
As far as I'm aware Translator++ should work with Ren'Py VNs. When using Translator++ did you make sure to select everything before translating? Maybe you forgot (that's normal, it's happened to me too. :p )
My knowledge on Translator++ is admittedly fairly limited so I'm not able to help much. if the problem persists maybe you should get one of the earlier versions of the program? That's worked wonders for me and my PC at least.

Reactions: LeoneOscuro

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
can someone tell how i can solve this? i dont understand it , i didnt even translate the scripts file

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
can someone tell how i can solve this? i dont understand it , i didnt even translate the scripts file
I think it might be some "" , '' or extra space error if not found try to just patch just some files to see if these are fine

Reactions: n0pe

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
I think it might be some "" , '' or extra space error if not found try to just patch just some files to see if these are fine
yeah something like that \ } instead of \} happened. thx for the search und replace function btw , helps really much at times like this. thank you for reminding me

Reactions: Puniasterus

Brandon Le

Oct 14, 2017
I have a Kirikiri adventure game (KAG) that is around 1gb and every time I select the .exe of the game, this pops up and it is stuck like this for the past 6+ hours. Can anyone please help me on this?

Oct 17, 2020
Translator ++ is a good tool, but many times it can give some errors. We use it only for the structure of the translation.

Dell96kill

Jun 9, 2018
Translator ++ is a good tool, but many times it can give some errors. We use it only for the structure of the translation.
usually, the error is some animation rpg maker you need to translate 1 by 1 and file been protect by creator don't want to get modify can't do anything about it

Oct 17, 2020
usually, the error is some animation rpg maker you need to translate 1 by 1 and file been protect by creator don't want to get modify can't do anything about it
I know, my comment is just a general note. As I mentioned before, it is not a tool that I use frequently, we only use it if we need to see how the structure of the translation is.
Anyway thanks for the note. :LOL::LOL:
(y)

furrry2

Feb 16, 2020
I think you now have an option to adjust the text of the translation but I can't find it, which is

Oct 17, 2020
I think you now have an option to adjust the text of the translation but I can't find it, which is
I'm not sure what you mean but it is what I think.
You must be referring to the black bar below when selecting a text. That's where it wraps with the space so that it's not a straight line and fits into the RPGmaker text structure.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote