Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
When the op going to update and also when the patreon version of this going to be released
I've already reported the updates to the OP, somebody will get around to it when they have time. As for the new Strateg version somebody just said they'll be posting it in a few days to give the creator more exclusive time. If you want it to be faster you can always donate yourself and share with the rest of us.

Reactions: Siddington

Lioth

Nov 24, 2017
The Strateg version posted here is out of date, and won't work with the latest unlocker. Use the Danume or Wonderfuller versions from with the unlocker just posted by @Ubik.

As for getting the unlocker to work, the easiest way is to put the .glorb files for both Trap Quest and the Donators Unlocker in the same folder that you unzipped WinGit into. Run Git.exe, choosing the Debug Unlock.glorb file. It'll tell you the file was completed, you can just type "quit" to close it. Now run Git.exe again, only this time choose the TrapQuest*******.glorb file to start the actual game.
So I tried that it did not work, when I tried using debug mode, it said it wasn't a 'debugger'.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Can we have more screenshots in OP?

happybrother

Aug 17, 2016
Is there a way for the game to react faster for commands?
Minimum of one full second lag after clicking anything destroys immersion.
I last played v3.0 and now v4.2 acts as slow as the previous ones. Tried different artist versions.

Maybe there is a Glulxe but 64bit version? I tried, but the "installer" always gave me 32bit version.
My specs: SDD m2 drives, 16GB DDR4, Intel i7, Nvidia GTX.

EvilClone

Mar 1, 2018
Response from ingame commands does take a bit more time than i'd like, but does anyone know how to get past the [more] red text without pressing enter? as I experimented, this happens when i click more than one action at the same time, or when an action needs more time to write text, and i use an action while its typing.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
I last played v3.0 and now v4.2 acts as slow as the previous ones. Tried different artist versions.

Maybe there is a Glulxe but 64bit version? I tried, but the "installer" always gave me 32bit version.
Unfortunately no. Trap Quest is written in an extremely outdated engine, and is doing a LOT more than the engine was originally capable of. So much more that some nice people basically modded the framework specifically to support Trap Quest better. Porting the game to a better engine would mean months of zero content updates, and Aika isn't willing to bite that bullet yet.
Response from ingame commands does take a bit more time than i'd like, but does anyone know how to get past the [more] red text without pressing enter? as I experimented, this happens when i click more than one action at the same time, or when an action needs more time to write text, and i use an action while its typing.
Again, engine limitation. The "more" prompt is because the game is attempting to output more than a screen's worth of text at once, and it's designed to pause so you can read all of that. There's no way to scroll back up and most people don't realize there's a log.

The engine was intended for text adventures with minimal graphics. The amount of features that have been bolted into the thing for Trap Quest is amazing really.

max_002

Mar 30, 2019
do not know when will the update version of the strateg ?

it is only then necessary to add the same display as in the screenshot below and cum show , like this option is buggy

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018

Some delay is expected regardless of setup or chosen interpreter, though I'd dump Glulxe for WinGit if I were you. WinGit was made from the ground up to be several times faster than Glulxe. That said, again, even a DARPA-level super computer under liquid-nitrogen cooling couldn't alleviate the delays entirely...you can thank the game coding for that. If I'm to be blunt, it's kind of shit and tends to take extra steps to do simple calculations.

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
How are you mant to do the lessons? I go into the Slut School and go to the class but a lesson never triggers.
You have to enter the classroom that matches your current gem level when a lesson is ready. The lesson time doesn't advance when you are in the school either, so you have to leave the school to wait for the next lesson to be ready.

3.40 star(s) 25 Votes