Sep 27, 2019
I

When I use touchpad he keeps moving only but I can't find inventory
If you have touchpad buttons press and release the right one. If you haven't tapping the bottom right corner of the touchpad often simulates a right-click. it all depends on what operating system you are using and how your touchpad has been set up.

Reactions: Viggy

sajoel1351

May 23, 2020
I am stucked with 32% for this update and as i saw in many posts before 34% were supposed to be achieved... i already tried to search for a solution but didnt have success with that, so here we are... i know one issue for sure will be the gothic key behind the library... the stone you need to move correctly appeared, but i cant find any place to move it. I read in a walkthrough it should be placed in the upper right corner what didnt work for me... could this be a bug? as i already tried out nearly every location to move this stone... hopefully someone has a solution here, thanks in advance!
to prevent questions in that direction, i didn't cheat or anything like that, just played my way regularly till that point.

Lion sB4

Feb 10, 2019

Manifold

Jan 14, 2018
I am stucked with 32% for this update and as i saw in many posts before 34% were supposed to be achieved... i already tried to search for a solution but didnt have success with that, so here we are... i know one issue for sure will be the gothic key behind the library... the stone you need to move correctly appeared, but i cant find any place to move it. I read in a walkthrough it should be placed in the upper right corner what didnt work for me... could this be a bug? as i already tried out nearly every location to move this stone... hopefully someone has a solution here, thanks in advance!
Move the rock along the north wall (invisible) of the library building, all the way to the right, but first go on that same spot without the rock to destroy the thingy blocking it. It should be in the updated walkthrough plus it was answered many times on this thread, strange you haven't found it.

Atchafalaya

Aug 13, 2017
to prevent questions in that direction, i didn't cheat or anything like that, just played my way regularly till that point.
You don't need to be in possesion of the gothic key to be at 34%. If I'm not mistaken the % is the completion of hearts, pages, botty calls, photos, etc and whatever is mentionned on screen when you summon the crystal lady - look at the bottom when doing so.
For the gothic key itself, check even more closely behind the library there's a pillar. It's barely visible but now you know it's here, you should be able to tear it apart and move the stone thereabout.

Oops, Manifold you beat me to the reply

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
The game is not programmed very clean. especially when it comes to compatibility with previous versions. Therefore, problems can arise if the previous versions are not completely deleted.
Sorry, but again: this is bullshit -- and please hear me out! I played from the very first version of the game (v.01104) up to the latest version (v.34052), and I've got absolutely no problem whatsoever. Keep blaming it on the devs on the game, but you're wrong. I decrypted the game and checked some of its code (sorry NLT ;-)), it's very well done and I can't see any flaws.

Again (and I know you don't like to hear it): it's the cheat mod that's the problem. The Mod replaces ESSENTIAL game files, and if you install it to the wrong version (which is every other version than v.21022, because it's designed for this version only!) you're literally changing game code, and even if you don't use the cheats, as soon as you save your game you will screw your save game (it will have false/missing states in it!), and most probably carry these false settings up to where you get a bugged game state.

If you use some (online) save game editors and just change your amount of money, you're probably fine! You still can screw your game, but only if you change your money to something beyond something called "total wealth", which takes all your money and all your talismans into account. In some versions (I believe up to version v27 or v30) the allowed "total wealth" was set very low, and because of that talismans stopped spawning. Now you can set your "total wealth" to 99.999.999 and you're probably fine. But other than that you should not to change anything.

And btw: you're pseudo code does nothing to "fix" the game. It basically makes a backup of your save games, delete them, and copy them back but without some subdirectories, which will automatically re-generated by the game every time you start the game. If your save game has false/missing states, you're still screwed.

So, to any Mod and Dark Coven : PLEASE remove the link to the (very outdated) Cheat mod from the OP, because people won't read the warning and keep breaking their game!

Sep 27, 2019
Sorry, but again: this is bullshit -- and please hear me out! I played from the very first version of the game (v.01104) up to the latest version (v.34052), and I've got absolutely no problem whatsoever. Keep blaming it on the devs on the game, but you're wrong. I decrypted the game and checked some of its code (sorry NLT ;-)), it's very well done and I can't see any flaws.

Again (and I know you don't like to hear it): it's the cheat mod that's the problem. The Mod replaces ESSENTIAL game files, and if you install it to the wrong version (which is every other version than v.21022, because it's designed for this version only!) you're literally changing game code, and even if you don't use the cheats, as soon as you save your game you will screw your save game (it will have false/missing states in it!), and most probably carry these false settings up to where you get a bugged game state.

If you use some (online) save game editors and just change your amount of money, you're probably fine! You still can screw your game, but only if you change your money to something beyond something called "total wealth", which takes all your money and all your talismans into account. In some versions (I believe up to version v27 or v30) the allowed "total wealth" was set very low, and because of that talismans stopped spawning. Now you can set your "total wealth" to 99.999.999 and you're probably fine. But other than that you should not to change anything.

And btw: you're pseudo code does nothing to "fix" the game. It basically makes a backup of your save games, delete them, and copy them back but without some subdirectories, which will automatically re-generated by the game every time you start the game. If your save game has false/missing states, you're still screwed.

So, to any Mod and Dark Coven : PLEASE remove the link to the (very outdated) Cheat mod from the OP, because people won't read the warning and keep breaking their game!
Better watch yourself. When I made a few posts like this, involving oCATo, they were deleted and I was threatened with exile from this thread as a punishment if I carried on in the same vein. Hacks, cheats and modifications should come with a health warning and people using them do so, knowingly, at their own risk. In my view appeals for help in respect to games corrupted by cheats should be ignored and not answered; if someone wrecks their game through misadventure related to cheating the only person to blame is themselves, for being too stupid and/or impatient not to play and enjoy the game as it's creator intended. Ever heard the story of the frog and the scorpion? There is no point arguing with cheaters because it is their nature to wreck, corrupt and ruin, in the case of Treasure of Nadia completely and utterly pointlessly. Best to leave them to their own devices and to stew in their own juices when it all goes wrong, as it always does, without throwing them a lifeline.

Nuff said.

(Harpocrates has left the building.)

Last edited:

oCATo

Aug 21, 2018
^ Or leave it there and insta-ban any1 who uses it and breaks their game :unsure:
??? I not understand you. What you mean ?

Better watch yourself. When I made a few posts like this, involving oCATo, they were deleted and I was threatened with exile from this thread as a punishment if I carried on in the same vein.
ui ui ui ui ... but that's wild. what are they afraid of?

I've been thinking a lot about why the developers are showing this. And deliberately "punish" people who use the old mod. What do you want with it? I can't get rid of the impression that these bugs are deliberately programmed. because these are far too reproducible, and especially in the wrong part of the program. And is too easy, this to fix.

Because, I am a programmer myself and know how to program such a "bug" looking trap.
I just don't understand. What's all this about ? What do you want to achieve?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Manifold
May 26, 2018
Not sure if this is an older chest key but I found one next to Madelyn’s room by using the pickaxe on the three pillars and moving a rock I don’t remember where the chest for it is though or can’t seem to find it.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Not sure if this is an older chest key but I found one next to Madelyn’s room by using the pickaxe on the three pillars and moving a rock I don’t remember where the chest for it is though or can’t seem to find it.
That key is old, around 0.18-ish ..... And keys work on any chest in any order for any update : get the 1st key ever in-game and use it on the latest chest from 0.34, will work like any other key

Oldmantac

Mar 4, 2020
oCATo maybe there's a slight language barrier here. I and many others have said that tat "bug" was put there by the devs to intentionally mess with those who downloaded and used the cheat mod. People using compressed versions are having similar issues. People who use the incest patch or an unofficial Android port are having similar issues as well.

I have little doubt that the dev team, who are quite talented, intentionally wrote that code in the game.

Reactions: Manifold

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
This what you need to do ! Please, make this in future, like me. and say:
-- Delete the path "User Data" with all subpaths befor you install the new game !
I actually don't know if you're trolling or just ignorant: "User Data" contains the save games, NOT the actual game! You can put the game anywhere you like (i.e. in your Downloads folder: "C:\Users\<Username>\Downloads\ToN-v32051"). To remove the Mod, you have to:

- Download a clean, preferable full, non-compressed version of the game from OP
- Delete your old game directory (i.e. "C:\Users\<Username>\Downloads\ToN-v32051")
- Create a new, empty directory (i.e. "C:\Users\<Username>\Downloads\ToN-v34052")
- Unpack everything from the downloaded (full, non-compressed) game archive into that directory

Still: if you had the Mod installed in any other version then v21022 (which it has been developed for) and saved your game, you probably have a flawed save game and should most likely start a "New Game" without any mods installed.

This will be my last post on this issue.

Reactions: Badgerlad

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Better watch yourself. When I made a few posts like this, involving oCATo, they were deleted
I actually made the same experience. Some of my messages to him have been deleted because "OT" (off topic), which is ridiculous.

In my view appeals for help in respect to games corrupted by cheats should be ignored and not answered;
I'm ignoring like 400+ users already, mostly from this thread :)

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
No. This a old mod not had bugs. and work good.
without errors and without bugs. this a probelm from programmer,
had programmed, this give problems now. and this problems being new, not old !
So what you're saying is that the cheat mod is crappy coding, not the game itself? Then why not just tell people to stop cheating since it risks breaking the game?

So far, your advice will at best do nothing at all.

oCATo

Aug 21, 2018
I actually don't know if you're trolling or just ignorant: "User Data" contains the save games, NOT the actual game!
I see, you not understand the structure from ToN Game.

In the sub path from User Data being the bugs, you need to delete, for fix this bugs:

User Data & subpath.png

This 5 sub Paths from User Data:
- BrowserMetrics
- Crashpad
- ShaderCache
- Stability
this you need to delete, befor you install a new Game from ToN
and you have deep freedom from all this stupide bugs !

and cheat money with a PRGM-editor not make errors again.

4.50 star(s) 510 Votes