Sep 27, 2019
NLT_Logo.png NLT
Weekly Report

On the other side of a good night's sleep will come the next chapter of Treasure of Nadia.

1.png
Why make a post just hours away from another post? Because I always make a post on Sunday nights and I'll never stop! (It's Sunday where I live).

I won't give away anything more for the new update but I will say that much of the work for the new puzzle mini-game is finished and should debut on July 1st. It'll offer yet another fun way to make money in the game.

Be on the lookout as the next chapter is about to drop.

Thank you everyone for the support! Keep your feedback coming and I look forward to making lots more awesome content for you!

Harpocrates says: I meant to do this earlier... but... well... couldn't be bothered. One word: Sofia. Other than that: Silentium est Aurum.

RedZone30

Dec 15, 2019
Yeah I feel you,I always try download finished games but not many out there and this one updates are like 2-3%, they just milking the cow,we should be getting update with in 24h.So when you wake upcheck for new update
How is releasing updates every 2 weeks "milking the cow"?...Know any other devs who produce such quality content,generally bug free, so regularly? I don't. The game will be completed by September-October 2021. Considering it began around August 2019 that's pretty good as far as how long it takes to make a game, especially of this length and quality. I know I wouldn't be a patron of NLT or any other dev if I thought they were milking...

donita

Feb 8, 2019
View attachment 693433 NLT
Weekly Report

On the other side of a good night's sleep will come the next chapter of Treasure of Nadia.

View attachment 693431
Why make a post just hours away from another post? Because I always make a post on Sunday nights and I'll never stop! (It's Sunday where I live).

I won't give away anything more for the new update but I will say that much of the work for the new puzzle mini-game is finished and should debut on July 1st. It'll offer yet another fun way to make money in the game.

Be on the lookout as the next chapter is about to drop.

Thank you everyone for the support! Keep your feedback coming and I look forward to making lots more awesome content for you!

Harpocrates says: I meant to do this earlier... but... well... couldn't be bothered. One word: Sofia. Other than that: Silentium est Aurum.
At last, no Naomi, Naomi and Naomi again. Sofia and Jessica my favorite character alongside Madalyn, what a Combo!!

srandeczka

Apr 19, 2020
How is releasing updates every 2 weeks "milking the cow"?...Know any other devs who produce such quality content,generally bug free, so regularly? I don't. The game will be completed by September-October 2021. Considering it began around August 2019 that's pretty good as far as how long it takes to make a game, especially of this length and quality. I know I wouldn't be a patron of NLT or any other dev if I thought they were milking...
You're naive thinking that the game is developed each 2 weeks by only 2-3%. For sure NLT is in the implementation way ahead of current game progress. Splitting the game and releasing it in small portions is a strategy to gain more patreons and make more money. But I don't blame it as almost everybody wants to have more money. ;)
I'm pretty sure the game will be internally completed this year so the developers can focus on another game or just take a few weeks of holiday. However we as players will probably have to wait for completion till second half of next year.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Splitting the game and releasing it in small portions is a strategy to gain more patreons and make more money. But I don't blame it as almost everybody wants to have more money. ;)
I'm pretty sure the game will be internally completed this year so the developers can focus on another game or just take a few weeks of holiday. However we as players will probably have to wait for completion till second half of next year.
So you are basically describing a pretty professional work environment, in which he's managing to plan ahead while keeping things exactly on the schedule he promised? It's certainly not milking if you deliver what you are promising to the hour.

I mean, those who aren't happy with getting ~2-3% per update every 15 days can stop giving him money, but they certainly can't claim they were promised something different.

RedZone30

Dec 15, 2019
You're naive thinking that the game is developed each 2 weeks by only 2-3%. For sure NLT is in the implementation way ahead of current game progress. Splitting the game and releasing it in small portions is a strategy to gain more patreons and make more money. But I don't blame it as almost everybody wants to have more money. ;)
I'm far from naive about it, and you are correct in regards to his development progress and the implementation of it. You are also correct in that there is nothing wrong with it, and it is of course necessary in order to create the game to such standards in the first place. I wouldn't call that milking, in the sense that it's generally used here...you know what I mean...

Reactions: srandeczka

Mikor987

May 20, 2020
We are quite annoyed with all the personal attacks here.
If you see a problem report it, please. If not avoid talking about other users, please.
FYI Several of you are really close to a thread ban.
Thanks
Also, you can always ignore an "irksome/provoking poster" by clicking on his/her avatar and select ignore.

Oldmantac

Mar 4, 2020
NLT, gotta love him, often discusses what they're working on for future updates ie.new area of the map. He also previously mentioned that they storyboard each new episode prior to building. So while I'm sure they have a very detailed plan for where he wants the game to go, I'm pretty sure much of this game is being developed as they go rather than just leaking out little by little.

I don't know of any other game that updates as regularly with as much content as this one. While people complain about only getting 2-3% twice a month....it always updates twice a month. That 2-3% of a game this big yet intricate is also more than most devs put out whenever they casually get around to dropping an update.

NoAttention

Oct 14, 2018
NLT, gotta love him, often discusses what they're working on for future updates ie.new area of the map. He also previously mentioned that they storyboard each new episode prior to building. So while I'm sure they have a very detailed plan for where he wants the game to go, I'm pretty sure much of this game is being developed as they go rather than just leaking out little by little.

I don't know of any other game that updates as regularly with as much content as this one. While people complain about only getting 2-3% twice a month....it always updates twice a month. That 2-3% of a game this big yet intricate is also more than most devs put out whenever they casually get around to dropping an update.
This 2-3% is about 40 minutes of game play. Two updates is about 4-6% and about hour and half of game play. Newcomer who starts from scratch right now has about 36% / 6% ~~ 6 * 1.5h ~ at least 9 hours of game play!

Looking from our side, maybe it's not enough. But from one developer side: render about 6 good animations, depict story, add sometime minigames, and everything per month. I think it's a lot of stuff!

I agree with you. It's 2-3% per update but there is always an update. Every two weeks you can keep what's going on in the game. For games when update is every 3 month, I lost track what I did

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru
4.50 star(s) 513 Votes