hahaxddd

Apr 2, 2018
Any way to read the flavour text for buttons on mobile?
I can't figure out a way to see it without selecting the option itself

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Any way to read the flavour text for buttons on mobile?
I can't figure out a way to see it without selecting the option itself
Nope. The best way I've found is to tap and hold, or tap off the button and slide your finger onto it, so it gets highlighted without being pressed. They seem to have fixed the issue where the descriptions disappear immediately, so as long as you keep the button selected you should hopefully be able to read it. They'll put out a proper .apk build eventually, so hopefully that'll be more mobile-friendly. Maybe. Possibly.

hahaxddd

Apr 2, 2018
Nope. The best way I've found is to tap and hold, or tap off the button and slide your finger onto it, so it gets highlighted without being pressed. They seem to have fixed the issue where the descriptions disappear immediately, so as long as you keep the button selected you should hopefully be able to read it. They'll put out a proper .apk build eventually, so hopefully that'll be more mobile-friendly. Maybe. Possibly.
Those techniques work on COC2 and the flash version of this game but it doesn't work on this version (v0.9.002-#2105).
I can keep the button selected but it won't display the description.
Unless it's cause I haven't updated to the latest version yet... Will have to check.
Although it didn't work on Joiplay either

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Those techniques work on COC2 and the flash version of this game but it doesn't work on this version (v0.9.002-#2105).
I can keep the button selected but it won't display the description.
Unless it's cause I haven't updated to the latest version yet... Will have to check.
Although it didn't work on Joiplay either
Weird. I had the same issue as you, but after some update or another it went away and I was able to use the method I described, so I thought they fixed it. Maybe they broke it again? I haven't touched the game in a couple updates because I disabled busts on some characters which causes a crash in the last few versions. So I'm waiting for that to be fixed.

ManicMonkey

Mar 9, 2019
oh shit how was this not at the front page. Cheers man. Is there a way to download it?
I downloaded the ZIP of the code and extracted it. It seems perfectly functional.

Repo:
Download link:

Open "index.html" after you extract it. Voila~

Edit note: I had included the wrong repo link. Apologies!

Last edited:
Reactions: AlsoLime and Bloep

Farum

Jun 23, 2019
I downloaded the ZIP of the code and extracted it. It seems perfectly functional.

Repo:
Download link:

Open "index.html" after you extract it. Voila~

Edit note: I had included the wrong repo link. Apologies!
I open index.html and it stays in the opening screen, i press continue and it doesn't do nothing, what did i wrong ?

• Angry
Reactions: Lucifer84

ManicMonkey

Mar 9, 2019
I open index.html and it stays in the opening screen, i press continue and it doesn't do nothing, what did i wrong ?
You can try:
  1. Refreshing the page
  2. Disabling any ad blockers or security extensions (make sure you check for a built-in ad blocker as well)
  3. Quitting the browser and opening it again
  4. Deleting the extracted files and re-extracting from the archive into a separate folder
  5. Checking your settings to make sure Javascript is enabled
  6. Opening it in another browser if you have one (Firefox is generally really reliable)
  7. Using a different archive utility (like )
  8. Restarting your computer
  9. Giving up and eating a slice of cake

Reactions: Farum

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
They posted an Android-specific update rather than a generally compatible HTML file that you can load on Android anyway? When? I must've missed it.
They didn't, at least not as far as I can see. I think this guy just didn't take the two minutes to search the thread and see that android builds aren't currently a thing, and instead he can open the game with any normal mobile browser or, if on android 11, joiplay.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
They didn't, at least not as far as I can see. I think this guy just didn't take the two minutes to search the thread and see that android builds aren't currently a thing, and instead he can open the game with any normal mobile browser or, if on android 11, joiplay.
I'm fully aware they didn't. I guess my sarcasm was a bit too oblique in this case. It's been brought up so many times in the last few pages that anyone following the thread is probably legitimately tired of the question by now.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I'm fully aware they didn't. I guess my sarcasm was a bit too oblique in this case. It's been brought up so many times in the last few pages that anyone following the thread is probably legitimately tired of the question by now.
Oh, I know you were being sarcastic, I was just playing it straight so I could take a couple indirect shots at him myself.

Feb 13, 2019
if anyone did, it would be here.

Also, bit of a shame:
  1. They still haven't made an update on the public git repository (last I checked they said they'd do that once the game had been ported to HTML or something like that).
  2. The new UI sucks for traditional desktop/laptop users. "One-size fits all" UI is worse for everybody.
  3. They could have used HTML5 to begin with; I distinctly remember when TiTS was in planning stages that fen had said he was thinking of moving to HTML5. This was around 2013/2014 I think, so we already knew the writing was on the wall for Flash. The current game might have been a lot less buggy if they had used it from the start. They could even have used Adobe Flash with the goal of generating HTML5 from the beginning (I think Flash Creative Cloud supported that already at that point). With things like Microsoft's Typescript (which I believe existed at that point already), most of Javascript's major weaknesses compared to ActionScript (Flash scripting) are mitigated, too.

Now, instead, we have a game that was already written and has had to be transcribed into a different language than it was originally designed around. Not a recipe for stability/quality/performance (though it was already quite bad at performance).

The worst things about the new UI so far that I've seen are the excessive use of animation for alerts and whatever (distracting when i can level up and know it already to have that button constantly throbbing in a corner), the "achievements" (why did we need this??), and the player bust wireframe thing (let me imagine how I look; I really don't want to see it. And I can't block it like I can block other artist stuff, unless I block ALL busts). The hotkey indicators are good to know, but there should be a way to turn them off once you know them because they clutter the UI.

Edit: actually you can turn off your bust image. But that's not with any of the other bust settings in the 'settings' menu; it's in the 'appearance' screen, which now takes more clicks than before to get to).

Speaking of things taking too many clicks, the map used to always be visible; now you get stats or the map, not both. Why can't I hide the arrow buttons I'm not going to use and make some room?

And a lot of these icons that don't have labels don't recognizably indicate what they are supposed to represent on their own. Those should have mouseover text (or, you know... a permanent text label). The codex and inventory icons make zero sense and I'm going to confuse them for a long time. The 'heart' icon made me think "health..." like stats screen. But nooope! it's the masturbate button. Because "that's something we might need to do in the middle of a fight, so we can't just put it on a text button at the bottom and have it appear situationally or anything...". Buttons there should be things you might want to do at any time, like checking stats or changing settings. Everything else should be situational instead of constantly taking up valuable screen space.

And since some of your stats change with every movement from room to room that you make, you can't both navigate and keep an eye on your stats anymore. This is fucking stupid. And instead of just making one or the other invisible in CSS (which would mean that I could fix this for myself with a user style/user script), they are actually adding and removing the HTML DOM elements when you hit the 'switch' button. Worse for performance and also worse for restyling.

That, or you give up a ton of horizontal space to display both and push all the text into a narrow little box.

Best of all, the keybindings aren't dependable. They change what they do based on context. So sometimes 'w' means "go north," and sometimes it means to do some other action. Example: the hangar at tavros. The buttons' physical layout has almost nothing to do with keybindings! WTF?!

TL;DR they 'fixed' stuff that wasn't broken, and broke other stuff as well.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes