4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Sure, but there is a reason why he drank the potion at the start.

I wasn't really going to into the combat potions too deeply, but simply put: They increase the users strength and durability, downside is death in prolonged use (and quantity) and they don't last that long. And it is one reason why humans can fight creatures that are much stronger than them for short periods of time.

That and I call divine shenanigans, wouldn't be the first time nor the last that the divines would remove their favours and blessings, not that they do that much (yes, I'm joking on this part). Realistically, most of the fights aren't going to be realistic as is, if they would be most of the humanity would be dead. Although that would make interesting narrative overall. Unless I put a everyone in full armour, nor even then, I wouldn't expect realistic fights as is.

As far as grabbing the blade, it happens with or without a gauntlet/glove. It can be done safely, will you lose fingers? Not really. There are risks involved and there are always risk of severe injury when doing so, but he isn't grabbing the opponent's blade, he is grabbing his own to control it and he doesn't apply pressure to the edges. And grabbing the blade during fights with bare hands is a historical fact (it has been recorded and modern medieval sword instructors do teach it). Safer with a glove/gauntlet? Yes, absolutely, and far better control. But it can done without losing fingers. That and I am in the mercy of assets makers. Half of the gauntlets I have are more bracers. And half of of the four that I have don't look anywhere near good without the armour in question. And I would have to lose the padded tunic, which itself is more light armour than just cloth. But it is one of those things you don't really know unless you are making things.
Even if he did drink a potion that bolstered his strength, would it be expected to match an Orc that also drunk such a potion plus is over twice his size? Me think that those are pretty wild expectations. You know you can just say 'I can't make a good fight scene with dodges' and I'd have taken it as an alright justification for a warrior-mage to try to brute force fight an Orc Chief.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC in Sorcerer will be a real DRAGON with power WAY GREATER THAN A FOREEST TROLL all these centuries after.
Even if he did drink a potion that bolstered his strength, would it be expected to match an Orc that also drunk such a potion plus is over twice his size? Me think that those are pretty wild expectations. You know you can just say 'I can't make a good fight scene with dodges' and I'd have taken it as an alright justification for a warrior-mage to try to brute force fight an Orc Chief.
In a game where THE EMPEROR AND THE EMPRESS ARE PURE CHAKRA TAILED DRAGONS
- 4 TAILS BEASTS BOTH OF THEM,
do you really wanna question their favourite sorcerer, the one and only that they send with their exclusive IMPERIAL BLESSING ???

Reactions: SpatulaPie

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
MC in Sorcerer will be a real DRAGON with power WAY GREATER THAN A FOREEST TROLL all these centuries after.

In a game where THE EMPEROR AND THE EMPRESS ARE PURE CHAKRA TAILED DRAGONS
- 4 TAILS BEASTS BOTH OF THEM,
do you really wanna question their favourite sorcerer, the one and only that they send with their exclusive IMPERIAL BLESSING ???
9 Tails. Both of them have nine tails. I admit, I don't regret adding nine tails even though they are pain in the ass to pose...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
da-kyuubi-1.gif
Cannot wait to see them Drogon out or ... Kyuubi form devastate the opposition
Let them bloom in full swing! They will be marvelous!
1716829563687.png
Buuuut ... I can kind of see 8 tails on the empress and 4/5 on the emperor, as the ones behind the emperor*s back look like wings or suggest some of the others full body, twisting and turning, trying to not ingulf him totally, while two on the empress on her right side look like the body of some of the other tails.
da-kyuubi.gif

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Progrees 27.05.2024

And good Monday to all of you! A bit later than usual but that's nothing new...

So release cycle started yesterday as my net actually worked fine. That's the positive news. And let's continue with some more positive news, rendering of 0.16.0 has started as has writing of 0.20.0. Well if you can call writing one line starting it but that's just for now, I'll write more later when it cools down a bit.

1600018.png

And this is... following morning talks after the 0.15.0. Just light breakfast with few people. Shani is still sleeping as is Satya and Riya. Rielle sneaked out to steal some wallets... or maybe not.

something.png

And then something that was said, and I had to look up it. Then I wanted to see can I do something similar... eh not quite but close enough for my brain. Probably work some more with it when I get some time.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You have played 0.14 I presume Ava? Or if not, I wanna hear what you think of it ;)
Loved it.

Orgy of green muscle women and then the awesome snarky old Shaman and then romantic sex with best green muscle girl.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, besides the story and characters one of the things I love about Talo's games are the weird and wonderful models. I know the masses won't find a lot of them attractive but i've always enjoyed seeing unique character models in games regardless of adult, indie or AAA. Even better in adult games when devs think outside the box and those models are included in sex scenes.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I mean, quality of the potions is something you will need to take into account. If i were to use D&D as sort of example, it's quite the difference between potion of ogre strength and potion of storm giant strength. Also difference between modern industrially manufactured and researched medicine compared to folk remedies. Since humans have turned alchemy into science that alchemists and mages practice, it's not out of realm of possibility that they can make better and more potent potions than orcs who seem to practice it more at the level of folk remedies in this comparison.

Reactions: SpatulaPie

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Tribulations of a Mage [v0.14.0] [Talothral] - Compressed

First version was broken. Need to redownload.
Note to myself. Compress the Update patch and add it to this version next update.

Win/Linux [1,20 GB]
- - - -

Mac [1,19 GB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I mean, quality of the potions is something you will need to take into account. If i were to use D&D as sort of example, it's quite the difference between potion of ogre strength and potion of storm giant strength. Also difference between modern industrially manufactured and researched medicine compared to folk remedies. Since humans have turned alchemy into science that alchemists and mages practice, it's not out of realm of possibility that they can make better and more potent potions than orcs who seem to practice it more at the level of folk remedies in this comparison.
The problem is in a world of magic, science tend to lose, so maybe you'd think alchemy would be better than shamanistic practices, but its magic, so nope. I mean think a bit like Warhammer 40k Orks, I mean sure they believe that color cause effects... and while for everyone else it doesn't work that way, well for the Orks it does work that way, they believe purple is sneaky... so anyone nearby dressed in purple they'll basically be hidden even if standing straight in open day light, no matter if its the Orks themselves or a member of another race, and this effect will work for basically anyone around.

In a world of magic belief = reality, so being an alchemist with a scientific degree of practices versus a shamanistic folk practices, well guess what, it doesn't matter, either will work so long as belief back the practice, because belief is pretty much the driving force for the entire thing. So I doubt that potions made by an alchemist would work any better than potions made by a shaman, I mean sure potions can have funky effects, because their is a fairly significant chain of cause and effects related to everything from ingredients, to method of fabrication, to all the way to whatever mystical forces around might decide to do, it mean the effects of said potions might differ, but otherwise having some more academic education won't favor the alchemists when it comes to achieving results.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
The problem is in a world of magic, science tend to lose, so maybe you'd think alchemy would be better than shamanistic practices, but its magic, so nope. I mean think a bit like Warhammer 40k Orks, I mean sure they believe that color cause effects... and while for everyone else it doesn't work that way, well for the Orks it does work that way, they believe purple is sneaky... so anyone nearby dressed in purple they'll basically be hidden even if standing straight in open day light, no matter if its the Orks themselves or a member of another race, and this effect will work for basically anyone around.

In a world of magic belief = reality, so being an alchemist with a scientific degree of practices versus a shamanistic folk practices, well guess what, it doesn't matter, either will work so long as belief back the practice, because belief is pretty much the driving force for the entire thing. So I doubt that potions made by an alchemist would work any better than potions made by a shaman, I mean sure potions can have funky effects, because their is a fairly significant chain of cause and effects related to everything from ingredients, to method of fabrication, to all the way to whatever mystical forces around might decide to do, it mean the effects of said potions might differ, but otherwise having some more academic education won't favor the alchemists when it comes to achieving results.
I mean, there's plenty of settings where magic is treated like science. Even in here it basically is, just different kind of science. There's laws that govern it and you can't just wish things into existence. Magic doesn't automatically have to mean that it isn't scientific, since these fantasy worlds operate in completely different laws of reality. To use D&D as example again, yes there's your normal laws of physics from our world like gravity that work, but at the same time law, chaos, good and evil are equal natural forces that are necessary for that world to work. That's why it's good idea when you consume fiction like this, to try and get into the mindset of that universe and its laws.

Also in case of 40K and Orks, basically the reason why their belief can make things happen like that is because they are latent psykers as a whole and if there's enough orks around, they can affect the immaterium, which in turn affects real world. It's also why chaos gods are so powerful, they get their power from emotions of all mortals that have soul, since those souls exist in immaterium and alter it in miniscule ways. And why god emperor is really a god and not just extremely powerful amalgamation of ancient psyker souls, tens of thousands of humans have worshipped and believed in him being god so he has become god. Yet all of this happening in 40k universe, immaterium still follows specific rules and limitations, with there being sciences that focus on understanding and harnessing immaterium.

Reactions: Logan3000x
4.00 star(s) 26 Votes