4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Not really, the scripts are updated so that unless ren'py decides to delete the variable associated with it that question shouldn't appear. Similarly like the questions in TRS2 doesn't appear with new saves created after that update.
I think they mean that this won't be the last time a
Why can't we name the MC's familiar correctly?

My hill, my choice to die on it!

I'd just like to correct her names spelling. Naoise not Nisha. I know it's probably/possibly for people not familiar with Irish names and how to pronounce them but still.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Ah I see. Cool. Learned something new.

But in my defense Nisha really does look like an anglicisation and or phonetic spelling of Naoise
Sure, I admit it could be seen as that.

Although, something about me. Naming the characters takes time for me, I tend to browse various naming lists while having the character in my mind until something pops up. Then I look at the name and it's meaning. And if it fits I'll use it. Well most of the characters anyway, there are a few side characters that are just a button press on a random generator.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Sure, I admit it could be seen as that.

Although, something about me. Naming the characters takes time for me, I tend to browse various naming lists while having the character in my mind until something pops up. Then I look at the name and it's meaning. And if it fits I'll use it. Well most of the characters anyway, there are a few side characters that are just a button press on a random generator.
Here's one for you to keep your eye on:

Minj (Yes it's said like Minge) it's in an asian language that I forget, but it means.... wait for it... wait.... Beaver.

No, no, you're welcome, yes, yes, I am going no need to push...

Peace :D

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
:unsure: isn't Naoise male, as in son of Usnach? I think of Nisha as female ...

[edit] << Nisha is Sanskrit, and it means night... >> feels more gender neutral ... [/edit]
It's purely feminine name. Nishant which means "night's end, dawn" is probably the closest masculine variant in Sanskrit. Other similar would be Rajanish (Rajneesh) that means "Lord of the Night"... I may have made notes about stuff while looking suitable names for a lot of things that I might not even use. But such is life at times.

Jun 21, 2023
To be fair, the whole choice there was to show Gweyr's attitude towards having multiple concubines. That girl has ambitions now that the gate has been opened >.> It's about the same when you tease Shani about having multiple partners earlier.

Master? No, decent because she knows how to read a good instruction manual. She still has ways to go to be a master alchemist, or even a good alchemist, but all that takes is more reading and practice from her part. And in a rural villages? It is already a big boon to have someone who even has the basic knowledge of a handful of useful potions.

As for Maevra, it was her test. Fail it and you weren't worth of her in the long run. Simple as that. Some people tend to do those things.
I love ambitious people as long as they don't overdo it. One of the many reasons why I love Shani, Gwyer and Ayeka

OhTheLove

Jun 5, 2020
What intimate encounter with Gweyr are we talking about?? Is this when she visits your tent to help you? I feel as if I'm cheating by saying Yes, since I am not sure.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
No idea how the seed or acorn gifted by the dryad is going to work, but given how it's almost definitely going to be used in the future orc city, I can't wait to see her reaction to turning up there, because that can't have been at all what she'd have imagined happening when she handed it over

Like she did say to plant it wherever MC plans to put down roots, and it doesn't get much more rooted than founding a city

Reactions: TigerWolfe

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
to bad the last sex scene with Gweyr is forced.
Only if you said yes to the question at the start of this update, because if you said yes, or when playing through fresh, chose either of the options that count towards yes, then you've opted in to wanting Gweyr.

And it makes sense naratively for it to happen when it happens, rather than being able to say no and for it to happen later.

hrm

Jul 24, 2017
Talothral Few (non-game breaking) bugs I noticed (and a suggestion):

In update5.rpy line 869+, there's a typo on the variables (u5_MaervaAnswer instead of u5_MaevraAnswer). There's a "Let's fix some shit" comment about it in variables.rpy, so I'm guessing you know this. But update10.rpy (lines 607+) checks for the untypo'd version which never gets set by the player so it always has the default value of 4. Doesn't break anything, just some wrong dialogue. Simplest solution would be to change the checks in update10.rpy to the typo version and use that going foward (assuming it ever gets checked for again). You could also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In update6.rpy, line 487, it's missing a "jump u6_Empress_Time" right after it. Also doesn't really break anything, but it means that whoever reaches that point is on a path where Lian is dead and since there's no jump the game just slides down to the next available bit of script which is... label u6_Lian_is_alive. Oops.

In secrets.rpy, line 194, "if persistent.u7_secret2" should be "if persistent.u7_secret3". Again, doesn't break anything but if anyone checks the secrets page after unlocking u7_secret2 (and before unlocking u7_secret3), they'll be confused about not being able to click the newest unlocked (but not really unlocked) thumbnail for the full size.

And the suggestion is about the Scene Speed setting which I found somewhat... useless. Aside from it not affecting the sex scenes (which would be a bit more effort to fix than I felt like putting in), it can't be set to something between 0 and 1 second. I find a 1 second pause to already be a bit slow for what it's used for (and I can't imagine anyone ever wanting a 10 second pause). So I changed it (screens.rpy, line 1368) from
bar value FieldValue(object=persistent, field='pv', range=10.0, style=u'slider', offset=0, step=1.0, force_step=True)
to
bar value FieldValue(object=persistent, field='pv', range=2.0, style=u'slider', offset=0, step=0.1, force_step=True)

This allows the value to be set all the way down to 0.1 (I personally settled on 0.4). The only problem is that if it gets set to 0/paused, then it only does whole number steps again for some reason, until you max out the bar at which point it can do 0.1 steps again. I set the range to 2.0 so that it'd be easier to select the value I wanted.

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes