4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I downloaded the update(.18) and the mod from the patron link. What is happening now happened last time except it just crashes completely when I get to the point of the end of update .17. I load from the previous save point(.16) and skip through most of the content then I would normally get to play from the point of the end of .17 like it should from the save but crashed. I tried deleting the customscreens.rpy but to no avail it still crashed at the end of .17. I guess I'll try downloading the full version and if that doesn't work I'll try a different mod download. Any clues would be great.
Works fine on my end.

Mharryson69

May 22, 2022
Works fine on my end.
Yeah, when I downloaded the full version and overwrote everything and the mod too it worked fine. Don't know what was missed but something didn't work the first time with the "update only". AND yes I put it in the "game" folder. Well anyway it's working now.

Not really happy with the blue balling tease of the lewd scene though! First you think the goblin, then you think the ogre, BUT poof it's the end of the update and no sex scene!

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yeah, when I downloaded the full version and overwrote everything and the mod too it worked fine. Don't know what was missed but something didn't work the first time with the "update only". AND yes I put it in the "game" folder. Well anyway it's working now.

Not really happy with the blue balling tease of the lewd scene though! First you think the goblin, then you think the ogre, BUT poof it's the end of the update and no sex scene!
I haven't played it yet. Glad your problem is fixed now though.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
After 17 updates .. Update 18? personally i dont like it.. most conversation are clueless especially that stupid goblin!.
don't get me wrong, personal opinion... i thought i was going to see more bonding with the girls (Ayaka & the witch).
Well never mind ... will have to wait the next update:cool:
This was bound to happen time to time as certain things needs to happen so the game can be finished, eventually. So while Ayaka and Eirlys aren't featured prominently as is in the next few updates, I can tell you that Ayaka has a chunk of content coming around 24 or 25. Important event happening then... well, important depending on point of view. Although... 21 might make some people happy.

There as most likely nothing missing. I've encountered the behaviour before. Some people had issues, then doing a "fresh installs" fixed them. Don't make sense since the files are the same. I think someone just copied the folder to different location and it worked fine after that. One of those things.

And that being said, scene with Ogre is written (Krarga to be specific), for goblin not yet, although the steps for one is set already, but will be at later date as that particular goblin needs to do... something. As for Gralla eh... if people wants a scene I can write one eventually.

Last edited:

Lew D

Feb 24, 2023
v 18 update only err
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 510, in execute_show_screen
renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Screen u18Secret1 is not known.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "update18.rpyc", line 157, in script
File "E:\LWD\ongoing\ToaM\ToaM-0.17.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\LWD\ongoing\ToaM\ToaM-0.17.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\LWD\ongoing\ToaM\ToaM-0.17.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\LWD\ongoing\ToaM\ToaM-0.17.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1107, in show_screen
raise Exception("Screen %s is not known.\n" % (name[0],))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Tribulations of a Mage 0.18.0
Tue Jul 23 14:33:56 2024
```

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
v 18 update only err
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "update18.rpyc", line 157, in script
File "E:\LWD\ongoing\ToaM\ToaM-0.17.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\LWD\ongoing\ToaM\ToaM-0.17.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\LWD\ongoing\ToaM\ToaM-0.17.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\LWD\ongoing\ToaM\ToaM-0.17.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1107, in show_screen
raise Exception("Screen %s is not known.\n" % (name[0],))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Tribulations of a Mage 0.18.0
Tue Jul 23 14:33:56 2024
```
If you are using mod update the mod and ensure you overwrite customscreens.rpy or delete customscreens.rpy (and rpyc) from the /game folder.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: Ashira13

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Quick menu - codex - main characters in game
Okay, just need to initialise the variable in game (it's defined for 10 or so updates I think, but you know...) should work fine from the main menu once the entry is unlocked., or after visiting the debug screen and relationship tab.

ALL cliffhangers are bad ;)
Well sure, the movie wasn't that great, so I'll agree to that part :p

But it was a VERY good update!
(y)

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Okay, just need to initialise the variable in game (it's defined for 10 or so updates I think, but you know...) should work fine from the main menu once the entry is unlocked., or after visiting the debug screen and relationship tab.
Just checked and it does indeed work from the Main Menu! :)

Damn, she's got some experience on her ;)

Reactions: Talothral

Mharryson69

May 22, 2022
This was bound to happen time to time as certain things needs to happen so the game can be finished, eventually. So while Ayaka and Eirlys aren't featured prominently as is in the next few updates, I can tell you that Ayaka has a chunk of content coming around 24 or 25. Important event happening then... well, important depending on point of view. Although... 21 might make some people happy.

There as most likely nothing missing. I've encountered the behaviour before. Some people had issues, then doing a "fresh installs" fixed them. Don't make sense since the files are the same. I think someone just copied the folder to different location and it worked fine after that. One of those things.

And that being said, scene with Ogre is written (Krarga to be specific), for goblin not yet, although the steps for one is set already, but will be at later date as that particular goblin needs to do... something. As for Gralla eh... if people wants a scene I can write one eventually.
Thanks for the quick reply! I have seen a couple of times that during the extraction process a file or two doesn't get carried over. I did try to extract a couple times but it didn't change anything. I just thought I'd put my experience out there in case someone else also ran into the same.
About the other info, I really enjoy ToaM and always want more of it! It's not like I can't go to a replay to see some of the lewd scenes if I really want to(thanks for the replays).

Reactions: Talothral

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
talothral: you have read forgotten realms books but how about dragonlance?

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
talothral: you have read forgotten realms books but how about dragonlance?
Yes, all of them, also the Darksun books, and The Blood Wars-trilogy (Planescape)... and Ravenloft novels. I like to read among other things and insomnia can be a bitch.

Did I miss something in game? I'm up to date in V0.18.0 but I don't show that person anywhere.
No, you didn't miss anything, yet. HP is talking about 0.19.0 that is being released to patrons this week.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is why nepo baby MC whom the great northern mages collectively sent to the tower despite his horrible track record, whom the Empire outright declared master mage to impose on his peers, whom the orcs collectively dubbed their chieftain - is still living the impostor syndrome and failing at everything he does ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What a total bust!

Last edited:

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Yes, all of them, also the Darksun books, and The Blood Wars-trilogy (Planescape)... and Ravenloft novels. I like to read among other things and insomnia can be a bitch.
I played D&D since the days of the blue box basic set, but I never got into the books - I think the only thing like an official D&D book I ever read was Quag Keep by Andre Norton.

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes