TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
*sigh* I hear good things so I start a game.

In the first "five minutes" we learn the MC and his daughter have been lied to by his ex wife and his apparently-loving sister since he was imprisoned, as a way to save him. Then when the ex is killed and the MC is asked to save her, she'll do everything she can to stop him from helping, but even though the ex left him a note telling him what she did, for some reason she didn't leave one for the daughter (at least not according to the first "five minutes").

Also, nothing in the ex's note really explained why she felt she had to cut him out of their lives forever ... did she think he's just go back on his revenge plot once he found them?

Anyway, now I get to be angry at this game for a while after one of my least-favorite starter plots, since I heard good things.

Lastly, I hope the everyone yelling at everyone slows down a bit, but not expecting it.

We'll see how long I last.
Some of the characterization is pants on head dumb, but I've enjoyed the ride personally.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HornyyPussy

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Why does the "hero" have to be mocked by everyone he's supposed to be helping? And why is it supposed to be funny?
Might be a cultural thing. "Banter" is a pretty big deal for certain UK subcultures, even in the States I know my family's means of communication amongst ourselves would come off as pretty insulting to outsiders.

Elhemeer

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 20, 2022
Might be a cultural thing. "Banter" is a pretty big deal for certain UK subcultures, even in the States I know my family's means of communication amongst ourselves would come off as pretty insulting to outsiders.
Oh, it's big here too. I just find it annoying when it's used as the introduction to the cast and it's all directed at "you" ... but I know this is a "me" thing.

justin.case

Sep 14, 2023
Oh, it's big here too. I just find it annoying when it's used as the introduction to the cast and it's all directed at "you" ... but I know this is a "me" thing.
Only reaction I found plausible in this game was grandma's reaction. She beat the shit out of MC's mother as she deserved. Since MC is a pussy, I hope she'll have a go with ex wife too. :LOL:

Elhemeer

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 20, 2022
Yea, that definitely didn't make me want to get back to this game ...

Also, isn't the ex dead? If not, that might make me a bit more interested, but probably not much.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022

Also, isn't the ex dead? If not, that might make me a bit more interested, but probably not much.
I'm hoping she's not, but I also have no beef with her and the sister having fooled around. Or their ill conceived plan. People do dumb things.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Why does the "hero" have to be mocked by everyone he's supposed to be helping? And why is it supposed to be funny?
This is how Scottish people talk to each other. It isn't mocking, it is called banter. We can dish it out and we can take it back.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cavpal

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
This is how Scottish people talk to each other. It isn't mocking, it is called banter. We can dish it out and we can take it back.
Well, that is true up to a point. If a scotsman gives you an "oi" sound that is a soft warning. Then there is that eewwwwwlllll noise like a distressed cat that is the hard warning. After that someone is getting a Glasgow smile with a broken bottle if they don't shut it.

Reactions: justin.case

justin.case

Sep 14, 2023

They say she did but a cliché is a cliché for a reason.

I know a few Scotsmen to know a little bit about Scottish banter and I don't think it's what it is in the game. The banter thing is what the guy who drove the bus is doing. Everyone walks over MC, backstabs him, make him angry then he accepts and forgives them. Btw, whole story's starting point was MC was unable to forgive and forget so they put him in a jail. I'll probably give the game a shot when it's done but no need to follow it update by update tbh.

Elhemeer

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 20, 2022
I'm hoping she's not, but I also have no beef with her and the sister having fooled around. Or their ill conceived plan. People do dumb things.
It has nothing to do with them fooling around ... that kind of thing I expected before I even started playing.

Just the overall "Misunderstood (bad) husband/father now has to save and love everyone, while everyone taunts and degrades him all the time" vibe I'm getting doesn't really interest me.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
It has nothing to do with them fooling around ... that kind of thing I expected before I even started playing.

Just the overall "Misunderstood (bad) husband/father now has to save and love everyone, while everyone taunts and degrades him all the time" vibe I'm getting doesn't really interest me.
It settles down and he grows a pair. A lot gets explained as the game goes on. Don't let the beginning turn you off to the rest of the game. :>)

justin.case

Sep 14, 2023
It settles down and he grows a pair. A lot gets explained as the game goes on. Don't let the beginning turn you off to the rest of the game. :>)
When does this happen? I haven't played last few updates (maybe just one, not sure) and it was not there, at all. Also, what's being explained? I don't shy away of spoilers.:unsure:

Domdeyso

Jan 23, 2018
Somone can help me i begin to play now and i can have the relathionship with deb after fimdimg the trhut is ther a way to continue the relationship with her?

3.10 star(s) 106 Votes