CoolKittyRhymes

Trouble at Home
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2022
Episode 1 [v1.0] was released. This fixes some image/story/character problems that needed attention, and some from feedback heard. Includes updated renders & dialogue from previous version, new content, and new game music/sound effects (equalized to avoid variations in volume). Game size now sits at 30k words and 900 images in native 1080p.

The game description & promotional images have been updated with this release, if someone wants to also update it here for accuracy (found on the game's itch or patreon pages). I noticed almost all of the images posted on the front page here have been replaced with new ones in the game (a couple hundred in-game images were redone).

Thanks.

PC/Linux download:

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
just played the new update. damn finally, the mc gets some wins..and funny as fuck too. can't wait for the next chapter. wish there was more this time around though. great game Dev.

Reactions: Jccurtis

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1675759877911.png
Today TaH: Episode 1 [v1.0] was released
This update finalizes the episode with 30k words, 900 images, game audio, some new content, and updated images & dialogue. For those that have played a previous version (the last one being v0.36), you will notice a lot of improvements to where it may almost feel like a new game.

So what's next? Work on Episode 2 is already underway and I'm targeting a Spring 2023 release.

Thank you all for your support and I hope you enjoy v1.0!

-ckr

Episode 2 (& Episode 1 v1.0) Progress and Details
1675759961777.png

Episode 2: Shortly after releasing Ep1v1.0 I want to launch this. I anticipate it will be even longer than Ep1 and really starts advancing the story with MC's growth and interactions/relationships with others.

I haven't set a hard release date yet, but expect sometime later in January 2023. While I'll release Ep1 v1.0 on Itch when it's ready, Ep2 will be exclusive to Patrons initially with an Itch update after a modest delay. Thank you everyone for your interest in TaH!

I've been churning through work on Episode 2
Episode 1 is now considered finalized with the v1.0 version.
1080p
30k words
900 images
Music &
sound effects
Many re-rendered images
I'm happy to be done with the first chapter
and can finally set it down behind me and focus on new content.
I haven't heard much feedback

chicken head

Sep 1, 2018
Bonus Content was created as an exclusive add-on perk for members. It contains extra scenes from other characters' perspectives when the MC is not present. Some are real events while others are imaginary situations made up by the NPCs.
Don't know what to think of it:unsure: (Some are real events while others are imaginary:WaitWhat:):FacePalm:

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Ah yes paywalled content the best path to "success". Classic
Several things stood out to me. The bland renders with poor lighting, the mostly unattractive character designs. But what really jumped to the front of the list were the 3 paywalled "Bonus Content" scenes in the 1.0 release. As a dev you're at the beginning of a project, trying to build an audience, build momentum....and your thought is to throw that mechanic in an early release? Yikes. It's not as bad as needless sandbox "gameplay", but a pretty close second.

Oh, also disabling rollback is really pretty dumb and annoying also. So anyone who decides to try this title, be sure to use Unren https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-old-unren-forall-v8-1-unren-powershell-forall-v8-1.92717/

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020

I wonder if the dev listened? There's now separate "Bonus Content" that includes the content scene from the point of view of various characters when the MC is not present.
Except the "non-canon" trick won't be used here (yeah, i hate "non-canon" scenes, to me they are an easy way to fool people), they are optional canon scenes if you go by how the dev explained.

Edit: I'am talking about your original rant.

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
At the end of episode one in totality I enjoyed it overall, really liked the characters (outside of the ginger punk and ex gf), it was a chore to get through though with the best friend being annoying and the MC acting like a bitch until near the end, and so glad were given options to change that, otherwise I would of ignored this game going forward. Not a whole lot of action except for a tease dream sequence and at the end, but I don't mind slow burners as long as the writing is good, and so far it is.

I do hope in the next update instead of suffering through the best friends annoyance, we get more time with the love interest and other less annoying people, good luck to ya' dev, will keep my eye on this one and hope it keeps improving.

Reactions: m4pII

Holyyy

Dec 29, 2017
Except the "non-canon" trick won't be used here (yeah, i hate "non-canon" scenes, to me they are an easy way to fool people), they are optional canon scenes if you go by how the dev explained.

Edit: I'am talking about your original rant.
Another dev trying to please NTR fans and Haters at the same time while trying to be sneaky.... That has never worked.
Please stop trying. If you want to make an NTR/sharing game do that and be honest about it. If you want to make a harem game do not add any of that shit.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
I wanted to ask if someone watched the bonus content with Sierra and if there is an ntr, but then I found the author's answer.

The only NTR planned involves the MC's ex, which would involve her and other males. As stated before, only 2, maybe 3, of these scenes will exist by the time the season's 10 episodes are complete.
Now I'm wondering if this is canon. Or is this scene a figment of Kye's imagination in this case?

Edit: from what the author wrote, it seems that these scenes are canon. I think you need to add the ntr tag.

I liked the update, by the way. Mark is changing for the better and almost does not irritate.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 47 Votes