2D 3D-Daz 3D-Blender Fan Art AI True Bond Art Assets, Fan Art, And Skills Discussion

Jakers15@

Jan 3, 2023
Well Jakers15@, it depends!
Install DAZ, install all assets (houses, furniture, bottles, clothes, hair, poses, people, HDRI's, etc etc etc), learn how to use the program, learn simulations, learn lights, learn cameras, learn surfaces, learn collisions, learn smothing modifiers, learn how to create OBJ's, breaking your head on your desk due to software errors that you don't know how to solve, render, post work, etc!
For those who don't know, it would probably take around 50 days!
But for you it would be around 49 and a half because you are seriously committed to graphic arts!! ;) :ROFLMAO:
Normally, if you already know how to work with DAZ, and have all these assets installed, it would take around 5 hours to create each scene, another 2 to do the simulations and another 5 hours to make the 5 renders I made and the Post work!
Many would shoot some characters with some clothes, hair and poses and not do anything else!
Dforce simulations, Among other things, are very important in the scene!
For example, look at my two spoilers below!
In the one on the left, notice the towel that looks like a normal towel!
The entire effect is done with Dforce simulations, Dforce Magnets, weight nodes, wind nodes and other techniques that make the animation credible!
And none of this can be done with the original asset (original towel), so you have to create an object (obj) and assign the same surfaces and textures as the original but with different numbers of polygons!
In the one on the right, notice how Jessica moves her panties to the side and how Danny pulls down his pants! The same applies here!
All of this takes a lot of time and work to do, but in this case it's an animation, so it takes much longer and is much more difficult than a simple dozen renders!
In the example of your request, I remember having to create a new sofa, some new cushions, some objects together for the 3 characters, to be able to import everything and make the simulations and collisions work!
And by the way, learn how to work with ZBrush to create Morphs for all these things! :geek:;):ROFLMAO:

You said a lot of difficult things. Let me create extra ideas, situations, and narratives like all the other fans. However, I leave the animations to you and the other creators. Until then, the community will have to put up with my animations made in "Paint"
H

• Haha
Reactions: Terminatorgames

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
You said a lot of difficult things. Let me create extra ideas, situations, and narratives like all the other fans. However, I leave the animations to you and the other creators. Until then, the community will have to put up with my animations made in "Paint"
H
My idea was not to demoralize you, but to show you that a job reasonably done requires a lot of learning time and an equally reasonable machine!
We often see games with excellent script and scene ideas but they are very poorly executed at a graphical level! In my opinion, if you are going to do a job, you should try to do it in the best way possible!
Not long ago I played a game in which the author created some cool ideas but then in the animations the hair crossed the character's body from one side to the other, as if cutting it!
View attachment 1.m4v

Others present renders with the character sitting and the dress as if she were standing!
That's where simulations are really important!
As good as the story and animations are, it ruins everything quickly!
But in truth you are not inferior to anyone! As others learn, you can learn too! Just don't think that you just throw in some assets for the scene and it's already done! It takes some work and knowledge!
For easy things there are images generated by AI, something I haven't even tried yet! But there must also be some science to maintain uniformity, I think!

schmick

Aug 22, 2020
...And none of this can be done with the original asset (original towel), so you have to create an object (obj) and assign the same surfaces and textures as the original but with different numbers of polygons!
Yes, always lots to learn in the 3D realm.
As you saw from my previous post I am a bit slow witted :), but, your comment regarding not using the original assets for our renders. I probably am misinterpreting, but isn't that why we purchase :) these assets? Or are you referring to replicating images from the original game?

Jakers15@

Jan 3, 2023
I'm not trying to replicate it exactly, but I've been fiddling with V8's (Jessica's) texture to get it more to my liking. Thought I'd share the results so far.

View attachment 3101483

I PS'd my render in to the original background.

Did you make the image on the right? It's very good. The difference is that the face in the original photo is a little longer and the skin is a little pinker. But it's great. Very beautiful art.

Lvl 9 toaster

Oct 2, 2022
Good point!
but, (This is the original version made in Daz3D)
View attachment 3101417
Okay,no one's believing u now lol!be careful of the content you share here we do have lot of people here who can pin point an ai generated thingies in your work.its much better to suffer in the progress rather than taking a easy path,it's like your taking steroids rather than doing it in a right way

schmick

Aug 22, 2020
Looks great, in the original the face looks longer, or its just me
Probably not just you since Jakers agrees.

Did you make the image on the right? It's very good. The difference is that the face in the original photo is a little longer and the skin is a little pinker. But it's great. Very beautiful art.
Yes, rendered the image on the right. I agree on the skin being pinker.

Thanks for the feedback.
Damn! you guys have an eye for detail on the face length. Made no sense since at first then I remembered I scaled my figure down a bit, since V8 defaults at a whopping 6'. A little taller than I like my woman :)
I'll fix that scaling and do another render when I get a minute to see if that was the issue else I may have to tweak her a bit again.

User12332

Nov 5, 2023
Hi! I'm new to DAZ and a I've got a beginners question. When trying to load the jessica character (duf fle found here) I got a message about missing many assets. I' ve installed the 4.16 version (from the DAZ Studio repository thread) and all the assets from this thread. I didn't set up a DAZ account (don't want to). Am I missing all the assets because of lack of online resources from DAZ (no account)? Do I need to install all the missing assets manually?

Terminatorgames

Nov 2, 2019
Hi! I'm new to DAZ and a I've got a beginners question. When trying to load the jessica character (duf fle found here) I got a message about missing many assets. I' ve installed the 4.16 version (from the DAZ Studio repository thread) and all the assets from this thread. I didn't set up a DAZ account (don't want to). Am I missing all the assets because of lack of online resources from DAZ (no account)? Do I need to install all the missing assets manually?
It's not just load a duf file! You have to install all the produts that made that duf file!
In order for you to install the original Daz products you must have the daz install manager and for that you must have a daz account that allows you to download all of this in the latest versions and for free!

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020
Okay,no one's believing u now lol!be careful of the content you share here we do have lot of people here who can pin point an ai generated thingies in your work.its much better to suffer in the progress rather than taking a easy path,it's like your taking steroids rather than doing it in a right way
I understand!
Thanks for the mention. Just experimenting! (But I keep learning new facets)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lvl 9 toaster

schmick

Aug 22, 2020
Yes, as per Terminators response, the .duf file is merely linking to any assets.

For a bit more clarity on Terminators comment regarding having to use Daz Install Manager (DIM) to install "Original Daz Products", that is not necessary. DIM is another discussion we can have, but you can simply buy a product from the Daz store, go in to your account purchases, download the .zip file and extract it to where you have your My Library folder. This is of course true for downloaded content from other sources as well as other stores. You'll no doubt run in to some minor issues with content from other stores since their QC is not that great in regards to how content providers create their hierarchies, but that too is for another discussion.

My recommendation is NOT to go the DIM path just yet. Grab some assets and do it the manual way so you can understand how the Library works. Work with Daz for a few months and figure out how you are going to manage the plethora of content you will end up with. We all have our own, similar or vastly different ways of managing this. Each to their own.

I'll caution you from the outset; do not try to grab everything you can get your hands on and install it to your Library. This can slow Daz Studio down badly. Grab what you need to make a scene i.e an environment, grab some figures and a few clothes and start rendering so you can learn to use Daz.

Of course, all this said, do what you want.

Also, setting up an account with Daz or others is not a bad thing since you get some free content off the bat. They don't need to know who you are. This way you will always get the latest DAZ Studio version as they push out updates. There's also no harm in, if you are able, to support good content from the various stores. That said, you don't need an account with them. The webs is a huge place and there's lots of resources here.

Happy rendering and do share :)

User12332

Nov 5, 2023
Yes, as per Terminators response, the .duf file is merely linking to any assets.

For a bit more clarity on Terminators comment regarding having to use Daz Install Manager (DIM) to install "Original Daz Products", that is not necessary. DIM is another discussion we can have, but you can simply buy a product from the Daz store, go in to your account purchases, download the .zip file and extract it to where you have your My Library folder. This is of course true for downloaded content from other sources as well as other stores. You'll no doubt run in to some minor issues with content from other stores since their QC is not that great in regards to how content providers create their hierarchies, but that too is for another discussion.

My recommendation is NOT to go the DIM path just yet. Grab some assets and do it the manual way so you can understand how the Library works. Work with Daz for a few months and figure out how you are going to manage the plethora of content you will end up with. We all have our own, similar or vastly different ways of managing this. Each to their own.

I'll caution you from the outset; do not try to grab everything you can get your hands on and install it to your Library. This can slow Daz Studio down badly. Grab what you need to make a scene i.e an environment, grab some figures and a few clothes and start rendering so you can learn to use Daz.

Of course, all this said, do what you want.

Also, setting up an account with Daz or others is not a bad thing since you get some free content off the bat. They don't need to know who you are. This way you will always get the latest DAZ Studio version as they push out updates. There's also no harm in, if you are able, to support good content from the various stores. That said, you don't need an account with them. The webs is a huge place and there's lots of resources here.

Happy rendering and do share :)
Thanks! I'll try a few options and set up DAZ according to my needs. After downloading all the Jessica related resources and the *.duf file from this thread I thought it would be enough to start the whole thing. Guess, I was wrong.
I don't mind paying for licences, however I do mind apps being logged on to my system without any specific need.
I'll definitely share!