Ren'Py TTTT - Traveler's Tasty TCG Tournament [v0.4] [Takanuva]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Takanuva Games

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2023
I left a review but felt like putting it here for a greater discussion too.
A lot of great ideas in this one, so let's see...

The card part definitely needs improvements and I know it. There are certain rules I've omitted to make coding easier for me (because, despite being the Great Toa of light and whatnot, I'm a kind of a lazy bum) and I'll be working on improving it in future builds. It will be much more reliable and realistic.

I want to add some extra events and conditions too to spice things up a bit. But that's just an idea for now.

Now in 0.2 the intro will have arrows and visible buttons so you can see where to go and what to click. That's already done, just didn't make it into the Alpha. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize it can be confusing when you're not the dev and you're going into it blind.

And the hearts!
I personally like to work for the reward and the more the better it feels when you get it, that's why I added a kind of a second minigame after the first one. But I also understand that's not a thing for everyone and it can get frustrating. Based on the responses so far I'm thinking I'll add a 'skip' button, so you don't have to do it if you don't want to (but you still can if you're a freak like me).

Thanks for the feedback!

Yakjzak

Nov 21, 2018
I left a review but felt like putting it here for a greater discussion too.

I like the idea of this but the execution is poor. I'm an advocate of "if you don't like something you should suggest something different. So I'll mention a few things and some suggestions to remedy them. You're welcome to ignore the feedback if it's against your creative idea.

• Blackjack is implemented incorrectly. Ace is considered only 10, not 1 or 10. Also some kind of 5-card win would go a long way too. Many games forget this rule.
  • There is no reason as for when the opponent hit's or holds. Sometimes they stop at 11, sometimes they will go to 14 or 20. Maybe some kind of rule set for the opponents so we can better understand our risks.
  • This might be a me thing, but I'm bad. There are some examples in the market right now with a deck builder like blackjack game. Something like that could be cool.

Now not blackjack-y things
  • The UI outside of the tournament is difficult to navigate. I have no idea where I needed to go to progress the story. The tutorial was done great. Nice graphics and clear to where and what to do.
  • The heart is difficult to find. I would recommend a hot or cold sort of game. Pixel hunting is not fun.
I always like the idea of a H-blackjack game. We all know what we're here for and we all know the rules. If the visuals are good then it's a cool time. Keep on it!
I'm adding something to this comment that i quoted: I tried counting cards and it came out wrong :3
(i know it would be a pain to code tho so, minor issue, but would be a nice detail)

Also, as in your version the Ace is either 11 or 1 (depending on the rest of the cards) if we get an instant Blackjack by a face card and an Ace, it won't count as it and thus if 2 blackjacks are on the table because of it, it won't count as such, and we lose (See image below)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What i would suggest is putting a third button for when the total of our cards adds up to 21 to announce ourselves the "Blackjack"

Also, when there's an Ace on the table, sometime we can count higher than 21 without being announced as "losing" (See images below)

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
1- it needs a settings menu.
a- volume controls, so we can turn down of off the music, if we want
b- option to skip through certain dialogues, because a lot of dialogue may or may not be pointless, and many people like to just get to the main point

2- See the attached image for this next one. Certain parts of the dialogue can't even be seen, due to the white background (Traveler's clothing). Maybe there could be an option in the settings to change the transparency of the text box, or you could just find a font color that can be seen over any background.
screenshot.png

3- Maybe you could explain how 10+10+6+5+A = 12
Is 10 some sort of wild card in this version? Do they cancel each other out?
In actual Blackjack, 6+5+A is 12 or 22. But there are 2 10s here. lol
screenshot(1).png

Last edited:

HGplayer

Oct 30, 2022
An entertaining game, I wish you success. I would only like to recommend that the numbers on the cards be a dark color to better identify the number, and it would be great if in future updates the characters' reactions to seeing the naked traveler would be added.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TTTTTravelersTastyTCGTournament-0.4
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
TTTT - Traveler's Tasty TCG Tournament [v0.4] [Takanuva]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Reactions: Kevklour

rross33333333

Sep 23, 2018
Every time I'm about to get Amber's bra off I just get insta swapped to Bennett. Couldn't help but laugh because I was being cockblocked by a bug

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes