VN Ren'Py Tune in to the Show [Ep. 6] [RobertDeadth]

4.00 star(s) 51 Votes

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Right, but instead of Darmok memes it's our own memes
"Neo, who saw the bullets coming and stepped aside" said Pooh.
"No, *I* am Spartactus" said Piglet.
(except really it's tropes from reality TV and Murder She Wrote)

I randomly post weird yet oddly insightful yet weird shit late at night sometimes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Darmok and Jalad at Hundred Acre Woods variations Dr Phil-Magnum.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: frogbert

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey everyone, it's time for another weekly update!
I'm happy to say that this week was pretty good :) When it comes to Episode 7 of Tune in to the show, I worked on finishing up the second scene of the update and I started working on the third one. Next week, I'll be focused on creating renders for the third scene.
I'm considering having the next update be just the in-game day 11 (although the day itself is pretty packed so the update would still be decently sized) and trying to implement an in-game gallery with this update. Creating the gallery will take plenty of work, so I'm afraid that it would take too long to release the next update if I wanted it to have both two in-game days and the gallery. If anyone wants to possibly change my mind, let me know what you think in the comments :)
Anyhow, that's basically all for this week's post. The work is going well overall, but there's still plenty of time before the next release, so I understand if the weekly update posts are rather boring :p
Thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week was great,
RobertDeadth

Reactions: Pontus

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey everyone, it's time for another weekly update! Just a quick one today.
This was a decent week. The work on Episode 7 of "Tune in to the show" continues - this week, I was working on the third scene of the update. Most of the writing and the renders are already done, so I should finish this scene tomorrow or the day after. After I finish that, I will focus on writing the next scene. Overall, there are 9 major scenes planned for this update, so I'm roughly 30% done, but since the size of the scenes varies, it's a very rough estimate.
Anyway, there's not much else to say this time, the work is going well so far.
Thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope you're all doing well,
RobertDeadth

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

This was a great week! The work on Episode 7 of Tune in to the show is going well. I did plenty of writing, finishing up the third and fourth scenes of the update. Additionally, I made all of the remaining renders for the 3rd scene and around half of all the renders needed for the fourth one.
I expect the progress to continue nicely in the upcoming weeks, so a May release seems the most likely. As always, I'll keep you all updated :)
That's all for this week, thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope you're doing well,
RobertDeadth

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

This was a good week. I wrote the 5th scene of Episode 7 of Tune in to the show and created the renders for both the 4th and the 5th scenes.
This leaves 3 major scenes to be written, rendered, and animated before the update is ready. Those scenes are all the biggest ones in Episode 7, so I expect each to take more than a week to create. Additionally, the last scene of the update will feature plenty of animations, so it'll probably take longer. I'm planning to work on adding the in-game gallery while the animations are rendering since that always takes a long time (the shortest animations take around 6 hours to render on my PC, and the longest ones take up to 24 hours).
Anyway, the work is going well and it should continue like that. Tomorrow, I'll have the last of my wisdom teeth surgically removed. According to the surgeon, it might be pretty complicated cause they'll need to cut my lower jaw or something like that. I hope it won't be too bad and it shouldn't affect the work, especially since I'll probably be staying at home and recovering the entire week (so plenty of time for work even if I take one day off).
In any case, the wallpaper poll for April should be up in a minute and I'll see you all next week. Thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week was great,

RobertDeadth

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

This was a decent week! I got the last of my wisdom teeth removed on Monday; thankfully, the surgery went well and I was able to work normally, although with a swollen face :p
This week, I focused on writing and rendering the 1st of the 3 major scenes left to be done in Episode 7 of Tune in to the show before its release. Most of the heavy work is already done and I expect to finish this scene before the end of next week.
Now, if you're wondering what's happening with my small project called An Evening of Wonders - honestly, the progress has been very slow lately. Whenever I do some work on that game, I feel like I should be working on Titts instead and that's what I end up doing. For the last couple of weeks, I've been considering this idea - maybe after Episode 7 is released, I could take a few weeks off from working on Titts and just focus 100% of my energy on finishing An Evening of Wonders to have it ready for a Steam release. Honestly, from a financial point of view, releasing another game on Steam could be a huge help and it's something that I'd want to do, but I'm worried about people's reactions. After all, Titts is still far from being completed so focusing on something else for a bit could be seen in a negative light. I think that most (if not all) patrons are patrons because of Titts, so I'd probably pause the Patreon billing for the time it takes me to finish An Evening of Wonders and start it again when I begin working on Episode 8 of Titts. There's still some time left before Episode 7's release but I'd really appreciate any thoughts on this matter - would you be okay with me taking a few weeks off from working on Titts in order to finish and release An Evening of Wonders? Please let me know.
Anyhow, that's all for this week's post. Thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week was great,

RobertDeadth

Reactions: Horny Toad

Berserk55

Formerly 'Berserk0'
Apr 11, 2024

First of all, thank you to everyone who left comments on last week's post, your thoughts helped me a lot. Right now, I think the plan is pretty much set in stone - after Episode 7 is released, I'll take a few weeks off from working on Tune in to the show in order to complete An Evening of Wonders. Once that is done, I'll focus fully on the next Episodes of Titts.
Anyway, this week was a good one! I was working on finishing up the 1st of the 3 major scenes left to be done in Episode 7. The scene is completed now, so starting tomorrow, I'll work on the 2nd scene. Most likely, it'll take me more than a week since it's a pretty big one. Overall, I think I should be able to release the update around the end of May/beginning of June, depending also on how long it'll take me to create and test the in-game gallery.
In any case, the work is progressing nicely so I'm happy :) Thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week was great,

RobertDeadth

Reactions: SpatulaPie
4.00 star(s) 51 Votes