VN Ren'Py Tune in to the Show [Ep. 6] [RobertDeadth]

4.00 star(s) 51 Votes
Feb 25, 2022
Weekly update #136
Hey everyone, it's time for another weekly update!

This week was a very good one. I finally finished working on the second-to-last major scene of Episode 7. I also started writing the script for the last scene. I'm not sure how long it will take me (it's always difficult to predict with the animated scenes), but I don't think Episode 7 will be ready before the end of May. The first half of June is a much safer bet, but I'll try to finish it as quickly as possible.

From other things, it seems like Evelyn won this month's wallpaper poll! It's the first time for Evelyn so I'll try my best to create a good one :)

Anyway, that's all for this week, thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week was great,

RobertDeadth

Feb 25, 2022
Weekly update #137

This week was a good one. I started creating renders for the last scene of Episode 7 and I've done more writing for it (still plenty of work before it's completed). I think I should be able to have everything mostly written and rendered next week. Then, the week after that, I'll create and render the animations; while they're rendering, I'll work on the in-game gallery and polish everything so that the update can be released soon after the animations are rendered. If everything works out, I hope Episode 7 can be released in the first half of June :)

Talking about the in-game gallery, I wanted to get your opinions on something - from what I've seen, most games have the gallery locked at first and the scenes in the gallery only unlock when they're viewed by the players in the game. However, many of the players (probably those more interested in the scenes than in the story) download gallery unlockers so they can just view the scenes without playing through the whole game. Do you think it would make sense to simply have the gallery unlocked from the start by default? Or would that be a bad idea? I'll be posting a poll asking this question in a minute, I'd love to hear your thoughts before I start working on the gallery.

Anyway, that's all for this week's post, thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week was great,

RobertDeadth

V&M

Donor
Feb 10, 2020
Maya :) Episode 7 should be out in the first half of June if everything goes well!

View attachment 3650659

Also, there's a public poll about the upcoming in-game scene gallery on , I'd appreciate your votes :)
If it takes less work, I think it should come completely unlocked. After all, no one is forced to open the gallery.
If someone wants to see the scenes in the game, let them play the game.
I prefer it to come unlocked, although I use unren which already unlocks all images and videos.

Reactions: Milton749

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
If it takes less work, I think it should come completely unlocked. After all, no one is forced to open the gallery.
If someone wants to see the scenes in the game, let them play the game.
That was my thinking too, but so far, it seems like the vast majority of people actually prefer the gallery to be locked. I'm pretty surprised by the results so far, I'm glad I created the poll :unsure:

Reactions: V&M
Feb 25, 2022
Weekly update #138

The work on Episode 7 continues as expected. This week, I finished working on creating renders and writing the script of the last scene. Tomorrow, I'll start working on creating and rendering the animations needed for this update, which will probably take around 10 to 14 days. While the rendering takes place, I'll be working on the in-game scene gallery, so that the update is ready for release as soon as the animations are done.

Talking about the in-game scene gallery, thank you so much for voting in the poll! Based on the results, the gallery will be locked by default. For those who prefer the gallery unlocked, I'll see if adding an "unlock gallery" button is an option. I think if that proves doable, both sides of the debate should be satisfied.

Anyhow, that's all for this week's post, there'll probably be two more weekly updates before the release unless things go much quicker or slower than I expect. Thank you so much for your support and reading, I hope your week was great,

RobertDeadth

4.00 star(s) 51 Votes