VN Ren'Py Tune in to the Show [Ep. 7] [RobertDeadth]

3.90 star(s) 54 Votes

Mojumbo64

Apr 21, 2018
Maaaahhnnnn!!! This game is surprisingly a banger! (pun intended) A lot of sex within the first 4 days bruuhhhh. I'm looking forward for future updates. I hope the dev will have fun making this, PLS.. give Da-eun a great scene!!

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hah, no Da-eun content :cautious:
Ayaka isn't bad, nice content...but she is no Da-eun.

And is it just me or do these tits look extremely saggy
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

w123t4

May 26, 2019
I think it is the first time we see the mc's face? Thought we can never see that.:unsure:
Ayaka is so cute and it seems to have bigger boob after changing the cloth of ice skating:ROFLMAO:

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Hmm, I'm not going to pretend that I'm not a fan of Asian beauty, so when I was creating the characters, maybe it influenced me without me realising it :p But yeah, only Da-eun and Ayaka were consciously created to be Asian/half-Asian.
Im glad there is a lot of asian looking girls here. Not enough games have it and a lot of the ones that do have really generic bad designs.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
We need Maya x Daeun threesome and a Ayaka x Evelyn threesome. o_O
Nah: it needs to end in a full-on, all LI orgy and Richard (?) needs to let everyone know he was in on the deception and bring out a 10" cock to spice up the party.

I guess TheArcKnight and holaje12 don't understand a joke when they see one. Bless their hearts!

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
The animations added nicely. The best one was the first one - nice job on nipple erection under the fabric. That's a little touch you don't often see anywhere else.

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Most of the recent reviews have mentioned that the game is too wordy and the dialogues are unnatural. I wanted to ask for everyone's opinions/advice about how to improve it. I understand the concept of wordiness, so I'm guessing that I'll try to improve that before the Steam release by trying to reduce the number of words used to convey the same message. However, the concept of the dialogues being unnatural is something I'm uncertain about how to improve. Maybe it's because English isn't my first language so the dialogues seem too formal? I'm not sure how to improve that cause I don't really instinctively see it myself. Would anyone be able to provide an example of an unnatural dialogue from the game and how it could be edited to be better? I think I'll probably get the concept after I see an example or two, so then I could improve the rest of the dialogues myself.

bobdickgus

Apr 9, 2020
Most of the recent reviews have mentioned that the game is too wordy and the dialogues are unnatural. I wanted to ask for everyone's opinions/advice about how to improve it. I understand the concept of wordiness, so I'm guessing that I'll try to improve that before the Steam release by trying to reduce the number of words used to convey the same message. However, the concept of the dialogues being unnatural is something I'm uncertain about how to improve. Maybe it's because English isn't my first language so the dialogues seem too formal? I'm not sure how to improve that cause I don't really instinctively see it myself. Would anyone be able to provide an example of an unnatural dialogue from the game and how it could be edited to be better? I think I'll probably get the concept after I see an example or two, so then I could improve the rest of the dialogues myself.
I am completely happy with the current format of this VN. It is in no way too verbose to me or slow burn in anyway! Don't speed it up or it will become a mindless fuckfest. It has plenty of action for a VN at this point.

Some of the sour grapes will be because you made some LI's so compelling that people will feel ripped off if they don't get significant screen time in an update. This isn't bad at all in reality. Honestly just carry on, you are doing good.

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Honestly, I think it's about right. After all, the "N" in AVN does stand for "Novel".

The complainers are more likely the type that prefers the 1970s style "say three words then fuck" kind of thing. If that's what they like, there's always "Leisure Suit Larry".

Tell your story, in your way. Avoid giving into pressure from folks that are only here for the lewd scenes. My only caution would be, from a language and grammar perspective, I would try to avoid stilted affectation - unless the character has the personality of Thurston Howell III. This isn't a term or technical paper, so use more casual language, slang, colloquialisms - the language normal people use when they just talk - dangle participles and end sentences with prepositions: make your HS English teacher scream! ;)

I think you're already doing this for the most part, but that's a filter I might use when going back and looking at word choice. Basically, does it feel natural or forced? If forced, rethink it; if natural, move on.

Last edited:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I don't find it wordy at all. Sure there are always things that could get shortened or expanded on. But I think you have struck a good balance overall.

CharlesYU85

Jul 9, 2017
The only "unnatural" dialogue I remember is intentional on your part (the media in the TITTS world like the book titles you find in the library or the script in the Harry Potter/Star Wars knock off you watch with Maya). If this was any other context and you mentioned that English is your 2nd language, I'd think you were bragging (your English is really good).

I'd suggest you'd do your best to take some of these criticisms less seriously on F95. The ones making them are either
(1) a part of the group/represent the group of people who wouldn't monetarily support the game anyway even if you improved in this regard (it's not their type of game or they are just momentary).
(2) it's normal for some people here to word themselves as harshly as they can (or go out of their way to be negative especially if they see other people liking something). They see a criticism someone else makes and since they can't think of anything else, they say the same thing. It's like a negativity bandwagon. For example, do you find it strange that no one has mentioned before that your entire cast looks Asian but after one person says it now it's a big problem (or now there are similar criticisms about the cast looking the same or having the same face shape). Some people here are trolls and only say stuff to get a reaction out of you so try not to feed them.

In terms of your writing style, sometimes you say things that are mentioned soon after anyway, which I guess is the same as other people saying you are "wordy"?
For example:

MC: I find myself curious. Why did they summon me here, a week before the show is supposed to start? I thought that everything had already been decided. Surely they aren't going to change anything a week before the filming is meant to start?

Here you see you didn't need to mention the show starting in a week two times so close together or mention that the MC was curious (since asking himself a bunch of questions suggests his curiosity).

Another example:

Katherine: You are going to pair up for the first set of missions!
...a few lines later...
I'll get all of you into pairs and tell you your tasks in a moment.
...a few lines later...
Anyway, that's all, I think. Now, I'll announce the pairs for today and your missions.

The same criticism applies here (Katherine might not need to mention pairing up so many times) but it's understandable why you did it b/c transitions are hard (even for professional writers).

This goes back to what I said in the feedback I left on discord; it's a balancing act. Any creator worth a damn thinks their creation could be better in some way. But is your writing bad enough to want to spend time away from other things you can work on/improve on? For me, the answer is a big no.

I think when your audience/supporters grow, this will all feel less bothersome to you? I'm always flabbergasted on why you don't have more. Anyway, sorry for being long winded.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
The only "unnatural" dialogue I remember is intentional on your part (the media in the TITTS world like the book titles you find in the library or the script in the Harry Potter/Star Wars knock off you watch with Maya). If this was any other context and you mentioned that English is your 2nd language, I'd think you were bragging (your English is really good).

I'd suggest you'd do your best to take some of these criticisms less seriously on F95. The ones making them are either
(1) a part of the group/represent the group of people who wouldn't monetarily support the game anyway even if you improved in this regard (it's not their type of game or they are just momentary).
(2) it's normal for some people here to word themselves as harshly as they can (or go out of their way to be negative especially if they see other people liking something). They see a criticism someone else makes and since they can't think of anything else, they say the same thing. It's like a negativity bandwagon. For example, do you find it strange that no one has mentioned before that your entire cast looks Asian but after one person says it now it's a big problem (or now there are similar criticisms about the cast looking the same or having the same face shape). Some people here are trolls and only say stuff to get a reaction out of you so try not to feed them.

In terms of your writing style, sometimes you say things that are mentioned soon after anyway, which I guess is the same as other people saying you are "wordy"?
For example:

MC: I find myself curious. Why did they summon me here, a week before the show is supposed to start? I thought that everything had already been decided. Surely they aren't going to change anything a week before the filming is meant to start?

Here you see you didn't need to mention the show starting in a week two times so close together or mention that the MC was curious (since asking himself a bunch of questions suggests his curiosity).

Another example:

Katherine: You are going to pair up for the first set of missions!
...a few lines later...
I'll get all of you into pairs and tell you your tasks in a moment.
...a few lines later...
Anyway, that's all, I think. Now, I'll announce the pairs for today and your missions.

The same criticism applies here (Katherine might not need to mention pairing up so many times) but it's understandable why you did it b/c transitions are hard (even for professional writers).

This goes back to what I said in the feedback I left on discord; it's a balancing act. Any creator worth a damn thinks their creation could be better in some way. But is your writing bad enough to want to spend time away from other things you can work on/improve on? For me, the answer is a big no.

I think when your audience/supporters grow, this will all feel less bothersome to you? I'm always flabbergasted on why you don't have more. Anyway, sorry for being long winded.
I hadn't remembered those examples you used, but I like your analysis. Sometimes folks do talk that way, though (the Katherine example), so it isn't entirely unreasonable, but I get your point.

Another thought I had is that sometimes "uncomfortable" or overly formal/proper language IS appropriate amongst strangers just getting to know one another and trying to make the best impression they can - to seem smarter, better educated, etc. This story is starting Day 5, so we should be past most of that, but changes in familiarity and relationships will often lead to changes in spoken interactions (almost said "oral interactions", but that would have a different meaning here ;)).

Reactions: CharlesYU85

CharlesYU85

Jul 9, 2017
I hadn't remembered those examples you used, but I like your analysis. Sometimes folks do talk that way, though (the Katherine example), so it isn't entirely unreasonable, but I get your point.

Another thought I had is that sometimes "uncomfortable" or overly formal/proper language IS appropriate amongst strangers just getting to know one another and trying to make the best impression they can - to seem smarter, better educated, etc. This story is starting Day 5, so we should be past most of that, but changes in familiarity and relationships will often lead to changes in spoken interactions (almost said "oral interactions", but that would have a different meaning here ;)).
It would be interesting to see people talk to each other differently over the course of the game (although that sounds hard to implement). Yeah it's normal not to remember those examples b/c they are from the very beginning of the game. I didn't mean to be harsh with that. I hope the bigger takeaway from my comment isn't my criticism though, since I like RobertDeadth's writing a lot and I personally don't think it needs to change much. I don't want him to over-correct or stretch himself too thin.

Like he's mentioned more than once that he's gone back and changed some of the dialogue in the game. Now he's also going back to add animation to every previous sex scene. Then there was also the previous criticism someone made that said that they didn't like how the opening blowjob from Katherine is a forced sex scene. Later, we see Katherine apologize for this. I don't know if he's done all these things as a response to criticism but if he did, I don't personally agree with it. Like when Katherine apologizes, she seems so much nicer/self reflective (with no input from the player to bring about this change). That might be a lost opportunity to have a character provide a stark contrast to the rest of the romance-able women; Katherine being a selfish, almost desperate woman who can maybe add drama or push the story in a direction the other characters wouldn't be willing to. Might even make more sense to why her driver (Faith) would want to help you if Katherine treated her badly.

Like for animation, he might end up thinking he needs to add even more of them as he looks back on the game. An example would be when Maya is dancing (although that would be super hard to add). Or there may be funny situations when someone plays the game after buying on Steam and thinks RobertDeadth doesn't like Ayaka as much b/c the earlier animations are better than Ayaka's which appear later in the game lol.

Anyway, I'm probably wrong and he just wants to make the game as good as he can before he releases on Steam? But yeah, after that, my sincere wish is for him to not over-correct and not linger on the negativity and keep going back b/c of certain criticisms.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 54 Votes