3.10 star(s) 8 Votes

TheAlFen

Dec 17, 2019
This is strange but the new version won't run for me.

Nothing happens when I try to run it, the process never even shows up in task manager. I deleted the directory, downloaded the zip file again, extracted that and tried again but still nothing happens.

When I click on the .exe file to run it the system acts like it's about to work, like the hourglass appearing next to the cursor, but still nothing ends up loading.
Actually yeah, I downloaded it from Mega both times, I'll give a different one try.

And like I said, nothing actually loads so there is no log file created

Edit:
Downloaded it from NOPY this time and extracted it using 7zip instead of winrar, still nothing at all. No process appears in task manager, the system just looks like it's going to load something then nothing happens.
Sometimes the antivirus can stop it from running by thinking the exe is a virus. Don't worry. It's not a virus but some antivirus programs will raise a false alert and they don't always tell you that either. Also, windows 10 "smart screen" will sometimes not allow certain files to run and it won't tell you that either. That's all I can think of.
When I had Windows 10, I went into the Windows Security Settings for App and Browser Control and Defender (if that's what you're using) and set them to always warn and notify. So I'd know if any action was taken.
I'll download the NOPY one and run with the .sh with Mint and then the exe with my WINE and see what happens. And i'll run a ClamAV scan and another scan with VirusTotal on the exe. Then I'll edit this with results when done.

EDIT----
Downloaded NOPY, extracted with Archive Manager (Linux), ran .sh and it ran instantly. Did everything it was supposed to do. Then use WINE to run the exe.. a little bit of a wait (4 secs) and it ran like it was supposed to. BTW shadow's a hottie.
ClamAV scan on zip file and exe showed no viruses found.
(2 shitty engines so false positive)
Still a strange issue but I finally got it to work. I did it by extracting it to a different HDD than the one all my other Ren'Py stuff is on. I still can't get it to even acknowledge that I'm doing anything when I try running it off that drive, and that is the drive that the previous versions were saved on and had no trouble with.
Figured it out, I think. If the folder to which it is extracted has a long path name, and of course the executable already has a long-ass name too (like C:\Downloads\Games\....\Twenty Worlds Agency - The Stories of Department 13 [v1.0] [Arioh Daerthe] [Final]\TwentyWorldsAgencyThestoriesofdepartment13-1.0-pc\TwentyWorldsAgencyThestoriesofdepartment13.exe) then the executable refuses to run.

Shorten the path name to something at least like C:\Downloads\Games\....\TWATsod13-1.0-pc\TwentyWorldsAgencyThestoriesofdepartment13.exe and it should run just fine, no issues.

EHommel

Aug 14, 2018
the game is so stupid xD nothing for me laughing to hard. And thats a bit to much for this kind of game. For me.

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes