3.10 star(s) 8 Votes

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Lysergic Can I ask if you downloaded the zip file from the same host both times? Other than that, you did everything right. You can check the log file it spits out in the same location as the exe. Just open with notepad or w/e and see where it stops. It'll give you a clue as to what's going on. The last process won't complete and whatever process that is, that is probably part of the issue. When I had Windows 10, sometimes the video just didn't work at all (white or black screen with no video) or it would hang. So I'd check the log file and see if it stopped at "opengl" then I'd know I had to restart the PC so it would work again. Strangely enough it only happened between 2 updates.

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Lysergic Can I ask if you downloaded the zip file from the same host both times? Other than that, you did everything right. You can check the log file it spits out in the same location as the exe. Just open with notepad or w/e and see where it stops. It'll give you a clue as to what's going on. The last process won't complete and whatever process that is, that is probably part of the issue. When I had Windows 10, sometimes the video just didn't work at all (white or black screen with no video) or it would hang. So I'd check the log file and see if it stopped at "opengl" then I'd know I had to restart the PC so it would work again. Strangely enough it only happened between 2 updates.
Actually yeah, I downloaded it from Mega both times, I'll give a different one try.

And like I said, nothing actually loads so there is no log file created

Edit:
Downloaded it from NOPY this time and extracted it using 7zip instead of winrar, still nothing at all. No process appears in task manager, the system just looks like it's going to load something then nothing happens.

Last edited:

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
Sometimes the antivirus can stop it from running by thinking the exe is a virus. Don't worry. It's not a virus but some antivirus programs will raise a false alert and they don't always tell you that either. Also, windows 10 "smart screen" will sometimes not allow certain files to run and it won't tell you that either. That's all I can think of.
When I had Windows 10, I went into the Windows Security Settings for App and Browser Control and Defender (if that's what you're using) and set them to always warn and notify. So I'd know if any action was taken.
I'll download the NOPY one and run with the .sh with Mint and then the exe with my WINE and see what happens. And i'll run a ClamAV scan and another scan with VirusTotal on the exe. Then I'll edit this with results when done.

EDIT----
Downloaded NOPY, extracted with Archive Manager (Linux), ran .sh and it ran instantly. Did everything it was supposed to do. Then use WINE to run the exe.. a little bit of a wait (4 secs) and it ran like it was supposed to. BTW shadow's a hottie.
ClamAV scan on zip file and exe showed no viruses found.
(2 shitty engines so false positive)

Last edited:

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
ariohdaerthe -- Nice going with this. I'm neutral towards honey select models so it's gotta WOW me to get me bonkers over it. Honestly, you're close because you've got some neat things going with the skin colors and shaders. But the story is wild and fun to read. Keep at it!
I'm in the #moarshadow camp -- cuz she's H O T. And I mean SSSMOKIN'! :devilish:

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Still a strange issue but I finally got it to work. I did it by extracting it to a different HDD than the one all my other Ren'Py stuff is on. I still can't get it to even acknowledge that I'm doing anything when I try running it off that drive, and that is the drive that the previous versions were saved on and had no trouble with.

Last edited:
Reactions: qwerking

ariohdaerthe

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
Well, I have no idea what could it be. I did not change anything in the options/GUI compared to previous builds.

Reactions: Punto

Tikita

Oct 11, 2019
Hey ! Thanks for this game ! It provides load of laughters and the comedy tone is well appreciated ! I liked all the characters ! Thanks for the smiles, this funny little story left me on a very positive and good mood ! Damn you must have quite a wild imagination, looking back at the work on the worldbuilding you came up with behind the scenes !

Beside the small troubles with english, my only purely personal regret for me is that i wont be able to include Lili in the possible harem Fenrir has been talking about, but otherwise i can only say it is worth playing for anyone attracted to satiric fantasy stories !

Good job ! Keep smoking the stolen leafs of the sacred oak tree, they seem to do you good !

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Twenty Worlds Agency - The Stories of Department 13 [v0.37] Arioh Daerthe

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.43 GB
Original Size Mac: 1.41 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 343 MB
Compressed Size Mac: 326 MB

Win/Linux:
Mac:

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

Ikarius

Game Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
Twenty Worlds Agency - The Stories of Department 13 [v0.38] [Arioh Daerthe] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 1.49 GB
Original MAC Size: 1.47 GB

Compressed PC Size: 365.4 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 348.6 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
No, 3 girls max.
About text idk. Will take a look in gui.
The game looks good and the story sounds fun, but I'm not fan of multiple endings (only if one of the endings is harem), becouse usually I only see one ending (I rarely play a game again to see more endings, in this type of game I choose a girl, usually one of the first to appear, and focus on her, forgetting about the rest).

In this type of game I prefer to only have sex scenes with the girl you want to end up with (personally I prefer to avoid the other relationships). Is this possible in the game? (Avoid the sex scenes of the girls from which you don't want to get the end)

I'm not sure, but posibly I give a try at the game. (Is it or will it be difficult to achieve a specific ending?)

In any case, thanks for the game.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

ariohdaerthe

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
It will be difficult to fit a harem ending in the story, I mean some girls even don't appear in some routes. For example, you meet Ember only if you refuse Lily's offer in chapter two, Shadow like character appears only in Elinea route, and so on.
But I will think about it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: chaughton22
3.10 star(s) 8 Votes