ogsilence

Nov 11, 2020
BaiBai are German so yeah they need increase the amount of text to be writing and for you who say/think "why BaiBai didn't use AI to translate Germany to English to make it faster?" you still need to prof-reading it which way more harder if you not detail enough. Trust me I worked as localizer in Indonesia for foreign fictional book

DicksInSpace

Jul 8, 2017
Surely he could hire someone to proofread or recruit someone for proofreading/beta testing from his discord if he wanted, Can't imagine it'd cost that much

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Surely he could hire someone to proofread or recruit someone for proofreading/beta testing from his discord if he wanted, Can't imagine it'd cost that much
Some people offered help on discord to translate, I don't think he replied

crowbar214

Apr 25, 2021
He paid a proofreader and editor for the first five chapters of the game, but no one is sure what happened after that. Now I think random people just proofread for free?

RG80100

Feb 23, 2018
Public development update
(While this post is mostly relevant to subscribers I still put it public so that everyone else waiting for the update can also know what to expect. If you don't want to read the wall of text I put the most important points to take away at the end.)

Alright, I was going to write just another normal development update today but while doing so I realized that I'm not being quite fair and doing pretty much the exact opposite of what I wanted to do when I started this project so decided to make a cut here.

Its kind of a tricky situation right now and I won't go into much detail because it really isn't relevant. What is relevant for you is that I currently have virtually no time to work on the game and and I can't expect that I will have much more any time soon. All of this was on a pretty short notice but I actually knew that I would be quite busy right about now for a little bit longer. My initial intention was to wrap everything up before it and then have some breathing room to take care of irl stuff. As you can see, that didn't work out, both because I've been too slow before it and because it takes away a lot more of my time than I had anticipated. It probably would have been more fair to do this sooner but it took me a while realize that I'm basically just stringing you guys along while making practically zero progress.

Accordingly I decided that from today on I'll pause posting these weekly development updates as well as all subscription billing until v0.9 has been released.

(I wasn't quite sure of the ins and outs of the “vacation mode” on SubscribeStar and since it doesn't seem like I can just pause and start billing as I see fit, I just set it from today until the 1st of October as I still have some hope left. Should all of this take longer I will extend it though. That said, always keep an eye on your active subscriptions.)

I know this feels stupid, especially since the update is as good as finished but the fact of the matter is that it has been in this state for two weeks now without it getting much closer to actually being done since. I've been debating myself whether to go about it this way or just to tell you not to expect anything and go on as always but I think I feel more comfortable doing it like this and it certainly is better then to just push out dev update after dev update talking about nothing just to string you along with my non-progress. You can view it as me hoping to save at least a little bit of good will if you like.

Let me be clear, this doesn't mean the game is abandoned and neither will it be, that much I can actually promise you. Neither does it technically mean that it is on-hold, as I will continue working on getting it finished whenever I can find the time (though you may prefer to consider it as such as not to wait in vain for an update). As for a time table it is hard for me to say. I don't think I'd need more than one good week of work to wrap everything up but I simply don't know when I'll find that time. The current estimation for the end of this situation is somewhere around the end of October but that could both be longer or shorter, I actually can't tell right now and neither do I hope that it will take this long for me to find the time to squeeze into the game.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure how to wrap this post up. I know that I'm testing your patience quite a bit here and I'm sorry for that. Everything about this sucks and I would change it if I could. For now please just be assured that Twisted Memories is far from over and until it continues please don't get too feed up with me.

Lastly, and just because I know some of you might do so, there is literally zero reason to worry about me and by extend the continuation of the game. The worst part of all of this is actually that the game's progress is stalling even more than it already has been. There are however things that take priory and these don't always have to be some kind of tragedy.

To put it short:
  • v0.9 is delayed indefinitely
  • Ongoing subscription billing is halted until v0.9 is released
  • No more weekly development updates until v0.9 is released
  • The game isn't abandoned

Apr 16, 2020
(While this post is mostly relevant to subscribers I still put it public so that everyone else waiting for the update can also know what to expect. If you don't want to read the wall of text I put the most important points to take away at the end.)

Alright, I was going to write just another normal development update today but while doing so I realized that I'm not being quite fair and doing pretty much the exact opposite of what I wanted to do when I started this project so decided to make a cut here.

Its kind of a tricky situation right now and I won't go into much detail because it really isn't relevant. What is relevant for you is that I currently have virtually no time to work on the game and and I can't expect that I will have much more any time soon. All of this was on a pretty short notice but I actually knew that I would be quite busy right about now for a little bit longer. My initial intention was to wrap everything up before it and then have some breathing room to take care of irl stuff. As you can see, that didn't work out, both because I've been too slow before it and because it takes away a lot more of my time than I had anticipated. It probably would have been more fair to do this sooner but it took me a while realize that I'm basically just stringing you guys along while making practically zero progress.

Accordingly I decided that from today on I'll pause posting these weekly development updates as well as all subscription billing until v0.9 has been released.

(I wasn't quite sure of the ins and outs of the “vacation mode” on SubscribeStar and since it doesn't seem like I can just pause and start billing as I see fit, I just set it from today until the 1st of October as I still have some hope left. Should all of this take longer I will extend it though. That said, always keep an eye on your active subscriptions.)

I know this feels stupid, especially since the update is as good as finished but the fact of the matter is that it has been in this state for two weeks now without it getting much closer to actually being done since. I've been debating myself whether to go about it this way or just to tell you not to expect anything and go on as always but I think I feel more comfortable doing it like this and it certainly is better then to just push out dev update after dev update talking about nothing just to string you along with my non-progress. You can view it as me hoping to save at least a little bit of good will if you like.

Let me be clear, this doesn't mean the game is abandoned and neither will it be, that much I can actually promise you. Neither does it technically mean that it is on-hold, as I will continue working on getting it finished whenever I can find the time (though you may prefer to consider it as such as not to wait in vain for an update). As for a time table it is hard for me to say. I don't think I'd need more than one good week of work to wrap everything up but I simply don't know when I'll find that time. The current estimation for the end of this situation is somewhere around the end of October but that could both be longer or shorter, I actually can't tell right now and neither do I hope that it will take this long for me to find the time to squeeze into the game.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure how to wrap this post up. I know that I'm testing your patience quite a bit here and I'm sorry for that. Everything about this sucks and I would change it if I could. For now please just be assured that Twisted Memories is far from over and until it continues please don't get too feed up with me.

Lastly, and just because I know some of you might do so, there is literally zero reason to worry about me and by extend the continuation of the game. The worst part of all of this is actually that the game's progress is stalling even more than it already has been. There are however things that take priory and these don't always have to be some kind of tragedy.

To put it short:
I expected this much already, Bai² handled this matter well. Anyway it's good to know that I don't have to be disappointed every Sunday, Bai² deserves the rest he needs anyway, from this game and focus into what's truly important which is whatever other business he has irl.

IamUnderman

May 11, 2020
I disagree on the idea that BaiBai has handled this well. I admit that pausing billing was a very respectable move compared to the outright scams others pull. But he waited until the game was over TWO MONTHS late to do so and is now saying he is so strapped for time that proofreading is going to take two more months? All while ignoring offers for voluntary proof reading by fans and refusing to release a 0.9 beta with the errors left in.

Something doesn't add up to me. 0.8a was filled with typos and errors and he was happy to release that. But now it is an uncrossable line? I think the update is way further behind than he suggests. I think at some stage he fell way behind in the development and began overexaggerating how far he was and hoped he would catch up. The game has been essentially done since July apparently but he knows he can't keep repeating the same dev post for 6 weeks. Call me cynical, but this smells fishy to me.

Dogorti

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2021
It's great that he's clear about this stuff and paused the billing. I know of several devs who would have just disappeared without saying anything and not paused the subscription at all.

Reactions: xsikal

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
I disagree on the idea that BaiBai has handled this well. I admit that pausing billing was a very respectable move compared to the outright scams others pull. But he waited until the game was over TWO MONTHS late to do so and is now saying he is so strapped for time that proofreading is going to take two more months? All while ignoring offers for voluntary proof reading by fans and refusing to release a 0.9 beta with the errors left in.

Something doesn't add up to me. 0.8a was filled with typos and errors and he was happy to release that. But now it is an uncrossable line? I think the update is way further behind than he suggests. I think at some stage he fell way behind in the development and began overexaggerating how far he was and hoped he would catch up. The game has been essentially done since July apparently but he knows he can't keep repeating the same dev post for 6 weeks. Call me cynical, but this smells fishy to me.
It could have been better handled, but he handled it very well. He has my respect for pausing the subs and being transparent.
v0.9 follows a different release process than v0.8 - hence the difference you are observing. He said multiple times he is not going to release an unfinished version.

As to why not get back to releasing it with typos and some bugs - I would say it's more of a stubbornness rather than lying. I think baibai is an honest person. The reasons baibai gave when asked to release the game was that "it will leak and stay in bad state for a long time". This means he does not want to give a negative impression of poor quality to people who would be discovering it for the first time (at least this is the explanation I can directly see). It make sense, but ignores people who just want to play the game and supported him for a long time. I asked him in SS to release the game early even in this state as it is much more painful to wait for 2 more months than skip some exceptions and I have no idea what else to offer. I guess I tried everything I could come up with.

Reactions: Mythrs and xsikal

IamUnderman

May 11, 2020
It could have been better handled, but he handled it very well. He has my respect for pausing the subs and being transparent.
v0.9 follows a different release process than v0.8 - hence the difference you are observing. He said multiple times he is not going to release an unfinished version.

As to why not get back to releasing it with typos and some bugs - I would say it's more of a stubbornness rather than lying. I think baibai is an honest person. The reasons baibai gave when asked to release the game was that "it will leak and stay in bad state for a long time". This means he does not want to give a negative impression of poor quality to people who would be discovering it for the first time (at least this is the explanation I can directly see). It make sense, but ignores people who just want to play the game and supported him for a long time. I asked him in SS to release the game early even in this state as it is much more painful to wait for 2 more months than skip some exceptions and I have no idea what else to offer. I guess I tried everything I could come up with.
That is my main issue and why I don't agree with the idea that he has handled things well or been particularly considerate as a dev. HE has decided, for entirely his own sense of pride, not to release a beta. Ok cool. But he has also mislead his fans for months and taken their money in regards to when the update will be done. He has now reached an impass and has two options. Prioritize his pride (which may I remind you he has ONLY DEVELOPED in this dev cycle, this is not some longstanding commitment to quality) or prioritize the people he left hanging for months. He chose himself, and as glad I am that he turned off subscriptions, I refuse to celebrate somebody for barely rising above the standards of "outright scam".

Reactions: Mythrs and \EGOIST

Dogorti

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2021
That is my main issue and why I don't agree with the idea that he has handled things well or been particularly considerate as a dev. HE has decided, for entirely his own sense of pride, not to release a beta. Ok cool. But he has also mislead his fans for months and taken their money in regards to when the update will be done. He has now reached an impass and has two options. Prioritize his pride (which may I remind you he has ONLY DEVELOPED in this dev cycle, this is not some longstanding commitment to quality) or prioritize the people he left hanging for months. He chose himself, and as glad I am that he turned off subscriptions, I refuse to celebrate somebody for barely rising above the standards of "outright scam".
But what's the point of releasing the update now with profreading done by someone else if he himself says he doesn't have the time to work on the game, which means that until he fixes his irl issues we'll be having other delays with future updates. better to wait for him to fix his irl issues and for the update cycle to be stable again imo.

IamUnderman

May 11, 2020
But what's the point of releasing the update now with profreading done by someone else if he himself says he doesn't have the time to work on the game, which means that until he fixes his irl issues we'll be having other delays with future updates. better to wait for him to fix his irl issues and for the update cycle to be stable again imo.
Because trust is gone. This dev cycle has been a disaster. The update is already TWO MONTHS late!

Yeah this two month hole could have delayed v0.10...but I am sure it will find a way to get delayed several times anyway. Why should I value the sanctity of 0.10's release schedule when I barely believe it will ever come out at all? Fans are offering to help him finish the game faster, which he is refusing, so clearly he is not doing everything he can to deliver on the 6 months of subscriptions he has recieved for an update which he REFUSES to release even though it is basically done (if you believe him that is. I do not, I think the update is nowhere near complete and he knows it).

Bottom line, trust is gone and I am done viewing his updates in a favourable light.

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023

To put it short:
hopefully will be this end of month or at most end of October ? T.T hope hope

we should take into consideration that the developer even IF HE is delaying x 2 months more , he don't had 6000 dollars at month on earnings or something big like i had saw some else worse developers had and they go ghosting for 20 months.

here developer has been pretty much working for the game for lasts 2 years. Somebody go tell him a break is fine or for he to go more slow or chill that is fine too , i had saw some other devs even taking half year of silence or a year, and after that they come back. Hope this no to be the case if is only 2 or so more months.

wishing for the developer to pull himself together, if he want 2 months more of break that is fine, come back soon please. And other he works alone coding and rendering and writing so.

he at least paused the subs which is good , give him 2 months time more hoping he can give us the 1k + renders update he promised .

as for most of us who are his free fans , we can t pretty much ask for anything else , send him a good word or wish him well. Yeah is sad cause we hungry wolfs are waiting for the tasty meat new update. T.T

best wishes

Last edited:

Dogorti

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2021
Because trust is gone. This dev cycle has been a disaster. The update is already TWO MONTHS late!

Yeah this two month hole could have delayed v0.10...but I am sure it will find a way to get delayed several times anyway. Why should I value the sanctity of 0.10's release schedule when I barely believe it will ever come out at all? Fans are offering to help him finish the game faster, which he is refusing, so clearly he is not doing everything he can to deliver on the 6 months of subscriptions he has recieved for an update which he REFUSES to release even though it is basically done (if you believe him that is. I do not, I think the update is nowhere near complete and he knows it).

Bottom line, trust is gone and I am done viewing his updates in a favourable light.
Well that's your problem, the dev has always been kinda clear with his weekly updates, maybe he was too confident with the timing but it can happen. I really think baibai is good with communication and stuff, like that one "mistake" can't throw everything to the trash but people tend to be extremists.

4.60 star(s) 136 Votes