Reiyayru

Jun 2, 2018
As far as I know it’s not behind a pay wall…you can see his updates on his discord page..last I checked he had def notes up there for anyone to see, I could be wrong but check it out I ain’t looked on his discord in a long time
You mean the discord you have to pay what looks like $2 or $5 to see said updates on it? Cause it doesn't make sense to post the dev logs behind a paywall on subscribestar if you can see the for free on his discord.

Reiyayru

Jun 2, 2018
do i think a remake nobody asked for, only to slowly re-release content we already had is scam milker behavior, absolutely. that being said however... this is still moving faster than dark cookie... and the thread for summertime saga is not remotely as ... "heated" as this one is. snats 1 and 1/2 year remake to release an alpha with a tiny amount of content only to start re-releasing old content has gone way faster, and at the very least actually seems to look better than the old stuff, so i can see why he thought it was a good idea to re-do stuff. meanwhile dark cookie spent almost 5 years on his remake to release an alpha with tiny content and slowly re-release old content... and that "re-make" content looks exactly the fuckin same. that is magnitudes worse than snats here. and yet...over there only maybe 1 in 10 comments at most is about dark cookie being a scammer (which is frankly beyond question at this point) while this one is like 9 out of 10 comments on the low end....

all im saying is some are more guilty than others and if we are going to start burning them at the stake maybe we should start with the worst offenders, like icstor and dark cookie, before we get to here.
Isn't it cause it's been far longer for their scamzing and their pages, least DarkCookie's got purged for a lot of comments that were made. I vaguely remember the forum losing dozens upon dozens of pages of replies over night. At this point it's old news and not a lot of people are bothering.

OneWayMissile

Jul 24, 2018
Putting Dev logs that give details and potential spoilers as well as talking about game mechanics sure, saying "hey working on it still and gonna be done some time in the future" should not warrant a paywall. The only argument would be the pic posted but even then I've seen Devs who have both a general log which is what it looks like Snatz does, and a more detailed changelog/mechanical changes for those who pay to get a more behind the scenes look and idea of how the game is being made and a better sneak peek at what is coming up. Also every single Dev I follow who's games I rate 4.5/5 have no paywalls for most of their dev logs and one I follow recently turned off his donation pages due to being unable to work on the game due to legal shit happening simply cause he felt he shouldn't be accepting money if he is unable to work on the game and give proper updates. He would be one of the few I would say should of kept them opened for at the very least anything legal or troubling happened.
Not reading all that but thats how it has been done for a while in this side of indie gaming, just pointing out how it works

Reiyayru

Jun 2, 2018
Not reading all that but thats how it has been done for a while in this side of indie gaming, just pointing out how it works
And since you're too lazy to read I was pointing out there is a difference to what Dev logs Snatz puts behind paywalls and what other devs put behind paywalls and despite how you think it works there are loads who do it differently. Why is it I get people who can't read properly replying to me SMH.

Zaebalo8

Dec 13, 2023
Considering that in this thread it’s difficult to distinguish sarcasm from real news... What’s going on, have we waited for the upcoming update or am I still as naive as a child?

Reiyayru

Jun 2, 2018
Considering that in this thread it’s difficult to distinguish sarcasm from real news... What’s going on, have we waited for the upcoming update or am I still as naive as a child?
That post you quoted is the actual dev log Snatz posted recently so should see an update sometime in the next couple weeks. While there is a lot of anger and sarcasm in this thread no one would bother posting a fake update just to troll as we're all too busy being angry and getting annoyed by Snatz defenders and those who think just because they don't act mad that they are somehow better and have the audacity to tell others what to do. Also have yet to see anyone mimic Snatz style of characters and animations so if you see it attached to a leaked dev log post it's usually legit.

eternalkaiser

Sep 2, 2019
You mean the discord you have to pay what looks like $2 or $5 to see said updates on it? Cause it doesn't make sense to post the dev logs behind a paywall on subscribestar if you can see the for free on his discord.

im not sub to him and i can go see it......i did sub at one time 2 years ago, but i have not since and his patron got taken away so i know im not paying for it, so either its free or you just have to pay once to get the link and you can stop. idk which it is

Reiyayru

Jun 2, 2018
im not sub to him and i can go see it......i did sub at one time 2 years ago, but i have not since and his patron got taken away so i know im not paying for it, so either its free or you just have to pay once to get the link and you can stop. idk which it is
If it's a manual thing he or his mods have to do then I'm not surprised they haven't removed the role since it looks like he isn't the most organized or diligent.

Reactions: Wwejon69

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
I discovered this game about 3 months ago, I think, through the remake, and I thought it was very good, and soon after I played the older version, and I think "if I've just arrived now I'm confused how a developer can take more than 7 months to an update, just imagine the anger of those who played the old one and had to see the creator make a remake".

4.20 star(s) 200 Votes