Ren'Py Abandoned Twists & Turns [v0.1] [Minaki Studios]

3.30 star(s) 6 Votes

LionHeart131

May 23, 2018
mini map would be good addition - there were no scenes with the interviewees right ? other than them flashing you

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
So, I can't find the garage. I'm okay with sandbox games but can't we at least have a mini-map. I mean, what kind of mini-game is wandering around looking for a garage?

Second run-through. Found the garage (past the leopard). I guess playing a dumb asshole isn't for me, though, so giving this one a pass. Good luck anyway, author.
Click on the the glass door to your right, go outside and click to your top left and it should take you to the garage. The black vehicle is yours.

Dorf56

Sep 3, 2019
View attachment 1977374

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It would be nice if it is possible to know the planned tags and if the fetishes are avoidable (they don't happen
according to player choice) skippable (they happen but the player does not see the scene) or maybe forced by plot?

EDIT:Ok, renders and models look good, buuuut, yeah this is the typical Sandbox that many will find annoying :LUL: there are no arrows indicating places or an image where to go hahaha and in a room (or several perhaps) you have to press on a Eye at the top to change the view of the room to get out.This is definitely going to need a WT or at least knowing what Dominance points are for.

Keys and photo

Anyways,good luck.
Thanks. Just wasted a half hour of my time and the MC's looking for the f-n keys! Could have walked to work instead.

• Haha
Reactions: Chimba
Jul 26, 2021
why would you have the "notes" section of the phone say I need to go to the garage when I need to get the keys off the table? I was literally about to turn the game off and delete it when during my wandering around the house looking for this garage the message popped up saying to get the keys from the table. Makes me wonder how many people did shut the game off and delete it before getting that message. word of advice, bad notes/quest hints are worse than not having them. then i get back and still can't find the garage and get game over. good luck, I hope you have a fall back cause you are clearly not going to make it as a game developer.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
Went back and finished this release. The UI, renders and overall look and feel are very nice. Professional even. But, as is often the case with a new sandbox release, there is almost no content right now. I look forward to seeing an update for this game, but I really hope the dev takes the time to add some content before spending more time on the UI or what not.

PS: I love the social commentary with the different interviews. You made me do the self-righteous woke bitch 4 times over, hoping to get a different result. But, of course, she was going to find fault no matter what choices you made, so I ended up just being as forward as possible, because at least then we had some DOM points on her.

I wasn't tracking any minor typos or anything, but one bug I did find was during one of the interviews, I either clicked through really fast or used CTRL skipping to get through one of them (probably the woke bitch) and when it posted the negative affection and below that the plus 6 domination, the 6 domination text remained on my screen for the rest of the game. The affection was overwritten by other stats pretty quick.

So you need to add a function of some sort to clear that UI area. I never looked at your code so I don't know how you are handling that part of your UI.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
Just saw it on Itch.io, he plans to add NTR to the game, it doesn't matter to me whether these scenes can be avoided or not, the very presence of them in the game already makes me click "ignore". It's like - you didn't have enough love points, so your LI is fucked by someone else :FacePalm:Once you see this, this LI will be completely destroyed in the eyes of the player

Last edited:

Minaki

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2022
Hey everyone,

first of all, thanks for all the feedback (good & bad) you gave so far, I really need to get as much response from players as possible, because ultimately I (as the dev) will never be able to play the game the same way a real player would.

Although I won't address everything that's being said in this thread, I will definitely read it and take your feedback into consideration for upcoming patches. I am aware of the fact that this game is far from perfect and there are many things that still need a lot of polishing. It's the very first version of the very first VN I ever developed and in order for it to improve/grow in a healthy way, I decided it's time to release it and get some responses that will ultimately help me adjust my development path for the future.

However, what I will address is the NTR topic, since this is obviously what players are interested in / fear the most. To make it short:

There is no NTR content planned and if there ever should be any, the following will apply:
1. It will be completely optional
2. It will have no impact on the story
3. Players will be warned about it in advance and/or have the option to completely disable it at the very beginning of the game

Basically, it will be impossible to encounter any NTR content by accident because I'm very well aware of the fact that this is a huge no-go for a big chunk of the player base.

I hope this clarifies things. Thanks for playing!

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021
Hey everyone,

first of all, thanks for all the feedback you gave so far, good and bad. I really need to get as much response from players as possible, because ultimately I (as the dev) will never be able to play the game the same way a real player would.

Although I won't address everything that's been said in this thread, I will definitely read it and take your feedback into consideration for upcoming patches. I am aware of the fact that this game is far from perfect and there are many things that still need a lot of polishing. It's the very first version of the very first VN I ever developed and in order for it to improve/grow in a healthy way, I decided it's time to release it and get some responses that will ultimately help me adjust my development path for the future.

However, what I will address is the NTR topic, since this is obviously what players are interested in / fear the most. To make it short:

There is no NTR content planned and if there ever should be any, the following will apply:
3. Players will be warned about it in advance and/or have the option to completely disable it at the very beginning of the game

Basically, it will be impossible to encounter any NTR content by accident because I'm very well aware of the fact that this is a huge no-go for a big chunk of the player base.

I'm not gonna start a debate or anything but this got me curious, if it has no impact on the story then what is the purpose of ntr in the VN, so you have a switch that turns it off, cool, I personally still won't touch it since it's there that's my deal, but if it's irrelevant to the story then how does it fit in with the story by being there?

I've said this before to other devs, don't change your vision or story for anyone, I'm just kind of curious to know why it's there to begin with

Thanks for any info you can provide on this

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Hey everyone,

first of all, thanks for all the feedback (good & bad) you gave so far, I really need to get as much response from players as possible, because ultimately I (as the dev) will never be able to play the game the same way a real player would.

Although I won't address everything that's being said in this thread, I will definitely read it and take your feedback into consideration for upcoming patches. I am aware of the fact that this game is far from perfect and there are many things that still need a lot of polishing. It's the very first version of the very first VN I ever developed and in order for it to improve/grow in a healthy way, I decided it's time to release it and get some responses that will ultimately help me adjust my development path for the future.

i would heavily sugest to decide now and make it clear if there will be saying its not planned but if there is... will make people who dislike ntr cautious to to support the game

also the way you word it it sounds like it would be 100% avoidable as in the mc's choices shut down any and all potential ntr vs the alternative skippable meaning that it happens but you dont have to watch the scene

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Minaki i have a question, download the game again to try something, can the last option be achieved? I tried several combinations but it is always blocked, or maybe that is not implemented yet? (if it can't be done it would be normal, but since the option is there and a review says that it can be done, it caught my attention,maybe that choice is for later,or depending on the stats is it if we have access to X choices?)

Fire_fist590

Feb 10, 2022
Hey everyone,

I really hope a centillion times a centillion times a centillion that there won't be any ntr.

akarabbit21

Dec 19, 2019
Where are the car keys in this game I searched everywhere it ended the game because I couldn't find the stupid keys help me

cylus20

Jul 19, 2017
Minaki i have a question, download the game again to try something, can the last option be achieved? I tried several combinations but it is always blocked, or maybe that is not implemented yet? (if it can't be done it would be normal, but since the option is there and a review says that it can be done, it caught my attention,maybe that choice is for later,or depending on the stats is it if we have access to X choices?)
I was wondering the same thing. No choices or search items seem to work. Also UnRen-0.91 won't work so I couldn't look at the code to figure it out.

3.30 star(s) 6 Votes