Ren'Py Abandoned Twists & Turns [v0.1] [Minaki Studios]

3.30 star(s) 6 Votes

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Hey everyone,

first of all, thanks for all the feedback (good & bad) you gave so far, I really need to get as much response from players as possible, because ultimately I (as the dev) will never be able to play the game the same way a real player would.

Although I won't address everything that's being said in this thread, I will definitely read it and take your feedback into consideration for upcoming patches. I am aware of the fact that this game is far from perfect and there are many things that still need a lot of polishing. It's the very first version of the very first VN I ever developed and in order for it to improve/grow in a healthy way, I decided it's time to release it and get some responses that will ultimately help me adjust my development path for the future.

However, what I will address is the NTR topic, since this is obviously what players are interested in / fear the most. To make it short:

There is no NTR content planned and if there ever should be any, the following will apply:
1. It will be completely optional
2. It will have no impact on the story
3. Players will be warned about it in advance and/or have the option to completely disable it at the very beginning of the game

Basically, it will be impossible to encounter any NTR content by accident because I'm very well aware of the fact that this is a huge no-go for a big chunk of the player base.

I hope this clarifies things. Thanks for playing!
Sooooo if the possible future ntr isn't going to add anything to the plot and you know is going to drive away a big part of the players why add it then? And i think you have a misconception, people who doesn't like ntr aren't going to support a game that have ntr even if avoidable, if your idea is adding more tags and kinks to attract larger audience, that doesn't work that way. I suggest choosing now to go full harem/romance or go full ntrish/swinging/sharing and stick to it because.

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
I actually had no trouble finding the keys or the garage but it took me so long to find the dresser that I had to reload the game several times to avoid getting a game over!

There are two options when speaking with Anastasia that are greyed out. One is about bending her over and fucking her and the other is about her spreading her legs. I've tried different combinations of choices including starting over from the beginning of the game and either promising to remember her birthday or that I will forget it, but no matter what I do those two options are not available.

Are either of those choices available yet? If so, what do I need to do to access them?

Reactions: cylus20
Feb 27, 2020
So after some days I decided to play it, it was a weird start, at the moment the story doesn't really look engaging.

Pros:
- The graphics: every item and building the game is extremely well done, I was trilled that I could turn on/off the lights.
- The characters: To be honest even the dorky dad looks fine compared to other games, I would say those are some pretty unique models.

Cons:
- The timer: I really dislike the existence of timers on game, the other option would be dividing the time on segments, that brings it's own set of issues.
- The house: I was really lost over there running around the stupid house looking for a way out, the layout is really unintuitive. On this I must add the lack of proper signaling. movement arrows and the eye on top are *not* easy to spot.

There are some weird interactions with other characters, but not that bad for a VN.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
Jesus this MC sure likes to pat himself on the back and waxing his own carrot like constantly (in a metaphoric way). Maybe you should tune that done a bit, dev - I would say no one likes overly smug people. And this guy... is just on another level of smugness.

Rest is ok, if you are into fucking fucking minors and sandbox games give it a go.

Jun 6, 2021
Whoa. This is exactly how NOT to design a game! I can hardly see the arrows to transition screens, the layout of the house is awful and makes no sense, things that should stick out so you know they are interactable simply don't, etc. I could write a book on everything this one does wrong. I was so bored that by the time I found the garage and got yet another fetch quest I simply quit from boredom.

chicken head

Sep 1, 2018
Sooooo if the possible future ntr isn't going to add anything to the plot and you know is going to drive away a big part of the players why add it then? And i think you have a misconception, people who doesn't like ntr aren't going to support a game that have ntr even if avoidable, if your idea is adding more tags and kinks to attract larger audience, that doesn't work that way. I suggest choosing now to go full harem/romance or go full ntrish/swinging/sharing and stick to it because.
I totally agree with what you say:) and sure it's a good piece of advice too(y)

Limura

Mar 9, 2019
Having same problems as above, launching the exe leads to it not responding before anything is even loaded

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
The game mechanics is off putting for me, so I am going to pass. I wish the dev success with the game.

KaraHellsing

Aug 16, 2022
Just a quick question, when is the next update happening... I enjoyed what is in it so far and finally figured out how to confront the one daughter that left her lewd picture out on the table in the one part of the living area... Now I have one optional but it appears to not be implemented yet... It's good so far, just want more...

Minaki

Game Developer
Aug 11, 2022
Just a quick question, when is the next update happening... I enjoyed what is in it so far and finally figured out how to confront the one daughter that left her lewd picture out on the table in the one part of the living area... Now I have one optional but it appears to not be implemented yet... It's good so far, just want more...
First update will be released before Christmas. Starting 2023, new content will be released in a ~45-day cycle.

KaraHellsing

Aug 16, 2022
Left a message on your itch about the post you posted here stating that we'd have an update before Christmas, Christmas came and gone and no update. Just curious as to when the next update will come out unless this project got abandoned like many games do...

Reactions: cylus20 and Dan123

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
Well, still 0.1 since August 2022 so I guess it goes to the abandoned category...

3.30 star(s) 6 Votes