Unity Abandoned Two Sides [v0.02] [GreonoGames]

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes

Kookie

Jun 23, 2017
Very promising start! I remember liking the old version back in the day. Digging the new models. If you can maintain a regular release schedule (or at the very least provide some sort of Proof of Life), I will definitely support on Patreon. Welcome back!

Also, holy hell I forgot how loud that main menu was good god.

Reactions: greono

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
5 years ago the first version was abandoned so this time I will wait till its finish before trying it again.

I really liked the game and if I still like it when its completed then I may throw a few dollars your way.

Reactions: Twistty and greono

greono

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Very promising start! I remember liking the old version back in the day. Digging the new models. If you can maintain a regular release schedule (or at the very least provide some sort of Proof of Life), I will definitely support on Patreon. Welcome back!

Also, holy hell I forgot how loud that main menu was good god.
Thanks for playing. Now you can help the home screen audio.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
5 years ago the first version was abandoned so this time I will wait till its finish before trying it again.
F0BLkTaMAAfYhd.jpg
5 years ago the first version was abandoned.....
I'm a bit concerned this time around also.
Wait and see I guess.....

• Red Heart
Reactions: rKnight

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Well, there are no immediately obvious bugs, that's a good sign and clear improvement.

I'm a bit worried about the amount of branching (based on different stats). It has potential to be really good, but it can also go really wrong. If nothing else, updates will seem smaller then they are, to people who just want to take one path and not explore multiple ones in parallel.

As for the rest, I liked previous Anny better, but new one has own charm too, I guess. Other than that, it's ok.

So yeah, if there's some realistic plan and it will be followed (meaning not redoing everything yet again, because at the moment it might seem as a good idea), with reasonably frequent updates, there's a chance it might end well. I wouldn't bet on in yet. But it would be nice.

Mondprinzessin

Jan 2, 2022
While I really want the game being continued and successful, I have some concerns.
Why are you still trying to write your own engine in Unity instead of using RenPy? You had a long post in the past saying you wanted to move to RenPy because your engine was just too buggy. What changed? Once you commit more to the game and the game gets attention people will ask for Android ports. One click in RenPy - hours and hours in your own engine.
Also try to write the Patreon posts yourself instead of using ChatGPT, or reiterate the prompts a bit more so they don't come out like an English literature professor wrote them.

What I like about the new version is that you can see why some options are blocked and how they will change your stats.
What I don't like is that you only gain female points by doing gay stuff. Why is wanting to play the female route forcing you out of a relationship with Lindsay? I think this stat should be independent from your sexual preferences.

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Can we get the "Abandoned" tag on this thread removed, since the creator is updating again now?

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes