VN Ren'Py Abandoned Two Weeks 2 [Demo v0.1] [Madek]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Can anybody read what they posted yesterday?

Caesar.

Jan 31, 2019
The last weeks I have been working on Madison (2nd screen), left side is the main path, right side is the alternative path.

Our main problem was to manage the consequences (I talked about it in one of the previous post) so I wanted to try our new "system" and see if it would work, that's why I started the alternative path first even if it wasn't a priority. It works.

For Jennifer, the main idea / order of events is done but I need to rewrite the majority of it, some scenes are more complete than others.I won't need much more renders imo, animations are done and the "main frame" too.

Only Jennifer and Madison will have their own tree at first.

There are different kind of missions, some short and linear, some with more freedom and longer.

This is what I was supposed to do in order to release the 15th~;

The intro, the first step of each branch, a background for the main screen / find a name for the game.

Instead I did the entire alternative path of Madison for the reasons I cited, plus a random animation of an UFO kidnapping a cow...

I don't know how much time it will take to my mate to put everything in place, he has a job and it takes time, he's much more effective than me tho.(lobby is in place, it's about the missions)

I'm moving out (this is why I wanted to release earlier), I won't be able to work for a week or so.

Madek

Reactions: ZAZARAZA

Luxter

Apr 23, 2018
The last weeks I have been working on Madison (2nd screen), left side is the main path, right side is the alternative path.

Our main problem was to manage the consequences (I talked about it in one of the previous post) so I wanted to try our new "system" and see if it would work, that's why I started the alternative path first even if it wasn't a priority. It works.

For Jennifer, the main idea / order of events is done but I need to rewrite the majority of it, some scenes are more complete than others.I won't need much more renders imo, animations are done and the "main frame" too.

Only Jennifer and Madison will have their own tree at first.

There are different kind of missions, some short and linear, some with more freedom and longer.

This is what I was supposed to do in order to release the 15th~;

The intro, the first step of each branch, a background for the main screen / find a name for the game.

Instead I did the entire alternative path of Madison for the reasons I cited, plus a random animation of an UFO kidnapping a cow...

I don't know how much time it will take to my mate to put everything in place, he has a job and it takes time, he's much more effective than me tho.(lobby is in place, it's about the missions)

I'm moving out (this is why I wanted to release earlier), I won't be able to work for a week or so.

Madek
I feel like he/she should just do a more linear experience. He/she did just fine in the Two Weeks game. Little teases, and the hot shed sex scene, but then after that it all got rushed. He/she might be trying to do something more experimental or reach new grounds, but he/she should continue with what he/she's good at first. Not sure how many people are on their team if there are any at all, so the overwhelming workload might be too much for him/her.

Reactions: eLzOBAS

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
I really enjoyed the original game, but the end felt very much rushed and incomplete. Anyway I really hope there won't be too many different branches in this remake, because it makes development a lot slower and I don't like mutual exclusive choices that are forcing you to have several save games with different outcomes just to be able to see all of the scenes... So yeah, I'd appreciate a more linear approach, too. I very much hope that you can get into the panties of all the girls in one playthrough, instead of having to choose one and keeping the ball flat with the others for not screwing up. We'll see, according to one of their latest patreon posts, they said, they' release around 15th of June...

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I really enjoyed the original game, but the end felt very much rushed and incomplete. Anyway I really hope there won't be too many different branches in this remake, because it makes development a lot slower and I don't like mutual exclusive choices that are forcing you to have several save games with different outcomes just to be able to see all of the scenes... So yeah, I'd appreciate a more linear approach, too. I very much hope that you can get into the panties of all the girls in one playthrough, instead of having to choose one and keeping the ball flat with the others for not screwing up. We'll see, according to one of their latest patreon posts, they said, they' release around 15th of June...
I don't think you need to worry about this game ever coming out, at least any time soon. It's been only almost two years since the demo was posted and over a month since the June 15th "release date". This really needs an "on hold" or "snails develop games faster" tag.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't think you need to worry about this game ever coming out, at least any time soon. It's been only almost two years since the demo was posted and over a month since the June 15th "release date". This really needs an "on hold" or "snails develop games faster" tag.
I run into "writers" who are like this all the damned time.
Them: I'm writing a novel!
Me: Oh, yeah? What can you tell me about it?
Them: Well, the basic idea is.... (extremely high-level details given)
Me: Sounds interesting. How close to finishing it are you?
Them: Oh, I haven't really started writing it yet.

:cautious: If you've never actually started, you know, writing something, you're not a writer. IMO that goes a step further, though: If you've never actually finished writing something (even a short story or a poem), you're not a writer. Madek seems to be a "game creator". They couldn't even finish Two Weeks and just threw an ending on it and moved to another project. Not the first, but certainly among those calling themselves something they're not.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I run into "writers" who are like this all the damned time.
Them: I'm writing a novel!
Me: Oh, yeah? What can you tell me about it?
Them: Well, the basic idea is.... (extremely high-level details given)
Me: Sounds interesting. How close to finishing it are you?
Them: Oh, I haven't really started writing it yet.

:cautious: If you've never actually started, you know, writing something, you're not a writer. IMO that goes a step further, though: If you've never actually finished writing something (even a short story or a poem), you're not a writer. Madek seems to be a "game creator". They couldn't even finish Two Weeks and just threw an ending on it and moved to another project. Not the first, but certainly among those calling themselves something they're not.
Yep! Coffee shops in the 90's were full of authors or, really, "authors" who were going to write the next great American novel... Once they were done researching life as a barista. LOL

I doubt much has changed since then but I've stopped chatting up the people who brew my tea.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yep! Coffee shops in the 90's were full of authors or, really, "authors" who were going to write the next great American novel... Once they were done researching life as a barista. LOL

I doubt much has changed since then but I've stopped chatting up the people who brew my tea.
The funny thing is, there seem to be a lot of people who think I go too far with the requirement that you've completed a work to be considered an artist. But it's not like I'm saying you need to be the next great artist of our time or anything. Hell, I'm not even saying you need to be published. Just finish something for once, you know? There's even NaNoWriMo (at least, in America) to help you toward that very end. [sigh]

No one would think you're a doctor if you've not finished medical school or a lawyer if you don't have a law degree. You're not an architect if you've never developed plans that have been turned into a structure. Why is someone a "writer" or "artist" if they have only imagined doing something? It makes no sense.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Argh... just noticed this game again and now I'm frustrated that it's lingering around like this, with such incredible models and renders. This new game looks fantastic, and now I'm grumpy that it's just a tease, especially with the update a few months ago implying something would be released soon.

Reactions: Jack-ish

meduusa

Nov 4, 2017
Argh... just noticed this game again and now I'm frustrated that it's lingering around like this, with such incredible models and renders. This new game looks fantastic, and now I'm grumpy that it's just a tease, especially with the update a few months ago implying something would be released soon.

few months?? more like 2 years

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes