VN Ren'Py Abandoned Two Weeks 2 [Demo v0.1] [Madek]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
few months?? more like 2 years
There's a 1GB+ sized demo that he released more recently, and he updated his Patreon in June saying he was going to do another release soon. I'm not talking about fully release... I'm talking about ANY release, even of demos.

g3fIAHhWGU5V_sXYWVLb86B0Ili8KizARWj1Owx0rKQ

That's got a good deal of the mom, Jenny, the neighbors, etc.

The demo linked in the OP is only around 221MB. This is almost 5x the size and has a lot more content. Download and check it out.

Oct 14, 2021
yow i was just browsing and i saw this. i already played the first version and i noticed that this was published at 2019, what happened? now news or anything?

Mar 19, 2021
H
There's a 1GB+ sized demo that he released more recently, and he updated his Patreon in June saying he was going to do another release soon. I'm not talking about fully release... I'm talking about ANY release, even of demos.

Mega

g3fIAHhWGU5V_sXYWVLb86B0Ili8KizARWj1Owx0rKQ

That's got a good deal of the mom, Jenny, the neighbors, etc.

The demo linked in the OP is only around 221MB. This is almost 5x the size and has a lot more content. Download and check it out.
How do you go grocery shopping with allison or is there any sex scene with her?

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
This one is weird.

There is a lower version numbered game that has the newer version number's content + a lot more:
https://f95zone.to/threads/two-weeks-2-demo-v0-1-madek.39663/post-6652922

Looking at files in that archive, it seems the lower version number game is actually a newer version.

There has not been activity from the Dev since posting in June, 2021 (about 4.5 months). They kept referring to a new version but it apparently never dropped after months of mentions.

Marking as Abandoned for now.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
This one is weird.

There is a lower version numbered game that has the newer version number's content + a lot more:
https://f95zone.to/threads/two-weeks-2-demo-v0-1-madek.39663/post-6652922

Looking at files in that archive, it seems the lower version number game is actually a newer version.

There has not been activity from the Dev since posting in June, 2021 (about 4.5 months). They kept referring to a new version but it apparently never dropped after months of mentions.

Marking as Abandoned for now.
Really can't say I'm surprised, given how the first game "ended". Maybe, though, this is just a longer period of delay. I guess time will tell for sure.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Joshuam303

Feb 27, 2020
Really can't say I'm surprised, given how the first game "ended". Maybe, though, this is just a longer period of delay. I guess time will tell for sure.

The first one was supposed to be a short test to test how hard it is making a vn and the different stuff that goes into it

And for the 2nd he was supposed to be working with a friend who'd be doing all the coding and madek was supposed to be doing the animations and writing I am sure but the friend got a full time job and so madek has been trying to learn how to code it and waiting for the friends feedback while also actually doing the writing

And also they rewrote it a couple of times, like the first idea was a streamlined vn like the first but then they decided to do open world and then after that they wanted it to be more interactive and so changed it again

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The first one was supposed to be a short test to test how hard it is making a vn and the different stuff that goes into it

And for the 2nd he was supposed to be working with a friend who'd be doing all the coding and madek was supposed to be doing the animations and writing I am sure but the friend got a full time job and so madek has been trying to learn how to code it and waiting for the friends feedback while also actually doing the writing

And also they rewrote it a couple of times, like the first idea was a streamlined vn like the first but then they decided to do open world and then after that they wanted it to be more interactive and so changed it again
That's all interesting, truly. But that doesn't change the fact that Madek has yet to demonstrate competence when creating a VN. Continually changing how you're doing something is a great way to stagnate it until it ultimately dies. I also wouldn't call the first game a fair assessment of how hard making a VN is. A person doesn't learn how hard writing a short story is by writing the first page and then calling it quits. You'll never really know how hard a project is unless you actually complete it. Until then, you only know that its level of difficulty exceeds your will to put effort in to complete it.

Si71

Apr 27, 2018
Hello everyone Does anyone know what is happening with this game where I think that this game needs to start is where the main character got caught by his friend doing something with his sister

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
...the main character got caught by his friend doing something with his sister
That's Two Weeks and it's unfortunately. This game (as the opening post says) isn't actually Two Weeks 2, that name was was just made up as it does actually have one.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Only just realised this games probably never going to get a name, and be forever stuck with the...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Sad...Very sad, I likes "Two weeks"
Only just realised this games probably never going to get a name, and be forever stuck with the...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, their Patreon is dead (at least right now) so I would guess this won't go any further. While other devs have also had dead Patreon pages and then recovered, that's pretty uncommon. Also, this particular dev doesn't have a great track record with completing things. I mean, is Two Weeks really complete? Sure doesn't feel like it.

Reactions: shadow5

thegrindisreal

Dec 19, 2018
This is the prime example why sandbox games are terrible.
Every developer should first play Two Weeks, and IMMEDIATELY after Two Weeks 2. The dissonance is like an open rift between two worlds.

In the first game I got emotionally engaged with Alison and Jennifer. I soaked in every word the developer threw at me. I wanted to know them. With every sentence spoken I got invested. The tempo was constant and the suspense kept going up...Until the dreadful end.

My first contact with the demo was brutal...Instantly i felt the vast emotional emptiness within the game.
All I written thus far about Two Weeks, is lacking in the demo. Jennifer fells copy pasted. Like she doesn't belong here.
THe new mom is attractive like Alison, yet I don't fell the need to know her.
The main reason for that is the switch. The story gets swapped with pointless clicking. It's like living in a nightmare. Two complete empty husks i live with and I should care about...Figure out what to do, to get reaction from two robots, programmed to do our bidding. Half of the dialog missing only accentuates that feeling.
This is the main reason why sandbox is terrible. I do not get emotionally engaged and invested. My focus is on aimless wandering, on things that aren't needed. Figuring what to do, how to unlock things, what the hell does the dev want from me.
In a visual novel we always keep going forward. We read the sentences, we invest our time with instant gratification. Either we love it or hate it.
In this sandbox I felt gutted. The missed opportunity that was Two Weeks for this nightmare.
Literally dead world. Every day is the same. The same spoken sentences. The same actions just to fill a bar in order to proc some scene, which treats the woman like an object, a sex doll doing our demands.
Gain 5 lust - hand job, 10 lust - blowjob, 20 lust - sex. Your done. You throw the character out on the garbage heap. Next waifu. This demo points that out brutally.
The complete lack of already meager content doesn't help. A demo should still be somewhat playable. In here we get nothing.
I feel so sorry for the Madison character...There was potential here also...Not like this though...
Devs...Learn to code...

And people complain about the free roam in Being A DIK...

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes