Dideldidum

May 19, 2017
i really want to like this game. it has a great story with different well written characters and good art.

but the "gameplay" is just garbage.
i know as a decision based vn, scenes are locked out depending on the route, but the game system doesnt make sense without "playing" or better "fast skip through the vn several times" to get a sense what the paths are and offer.

harem route sounds like you will get it on with all the girls, but it´s not a satisfying route since the story just skips some scenes while offering others, and you really dont know which you should really skip in a chapter until the "harem points" are given out. so either save skimp every decision several times to get the end result (while skipping the whole story in the process)or just blindly follow a walkthrough that may or may not be good/correct.

id really appreciate a better route description in the beginning of the game or on a separate help screen just so you know what you are doing really. one where the rewards and payoffs are explained generally. it would make the system at least more tolerable (its still garbage to lock out scenes, then force the player to skip to decisions to get the missing ones, though. good replayability that is not. it devalues a good story and makes the well written scenes tedious when you do it the third or fourth time in a row)

Redikal

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Dideldidum Go on and make your game then, it's so easy. I'll add help section once the game is done though for sure.
You are misunderstanding a lot of stuff though, scenes are not locked, they are just part of a different route, or would you like to romance each girl at the same time, and all the endings at once? It doesn't make sense, either way, there is content for each route, nothing wrong with that. If you don't like a game that is free for you to play, go play something else and let me in peace.

Last edited:

Dideldidum

May 19, 2017
Dideldidum Go on and make your game then, it's so easy.
i know it´s not.

I'll add help section once the game is done though for sure.
and i really encourage you to do a general "this is how this works" explain section before you finish the game. it doesnt have to be indept or long. not for this type of game.
but an explanation that the game time doesnt stop or that routes lock you out of girl scenes(because they are unique opportunities ingame) wouldnt hurt.
other vns for example offer you to watch all content on the same playthrough via flashbacks or other methods and depending on what people played before their expectation of how vns work are different.
it dont expect you to give an indept explanation or spoilers, just tell the player what kind of vn this is. the love o meter in its current form isnt much of a help. explain that the routes steer the story permanently into a dirrection and for other routes you need a "new game+".

You are misunderstanding a lot of stuff though, scenes are not locked, they are just part of a different route, or would you like to romance each girl at the same time, and all the endings at once? It doesn't make sense, either way, there is content for each route, nothing wrong with that. If you don't like a game that is free for you to play, go make your own game and let me in peace.
thats sematics. a route locks you out of another and that´s absolutely fine. i personally dont like it but thats just my opinion [and i know how much that matters in the grand sceme of things ;) ].
buuut, depending on the game, the way scenes are opened or locked, is different. most players expect a different ending based upon their choices ingame. every game can do the epilogue differently, but its the generall expectation. scenes during gameplay can and are managed differently though,which is why player expectations differ. most cgs in this game could be included/reused in different routes but the way you unlock the cg determines the ending. that every cg is an unique opportunity is one of the key missing information pieces the player should know before playing the game.

all i wanted is an explanation about this route system and the pay off or general difficulties/constraints it sets for the player, because than i can manage my expectations better.

please understand that it was not my intention to "shit" all over your creation. i love the good story writing too much not to enjoy your game and see it´s good qualities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redikal

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Didn't see anyone report this, so here I go. Two places where the MC's name does not get triggered properly (mine's not Trevil).

As for the game, I skipped ch8 so I could look forward to something that's not just the MC getting captured. Worth it, loved it. Camellia is one hell of a bitch, but makes for an entertaining villain. Ch10 is going to be glorious!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Redikal

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Dideldidum No problem with the feedback. I plan to add a help section to make it less opaque, this is something I always wanted to do at one point. As for the design of the game, it has its flaws, it was the product of its time and there is no good way of polishing it furthermore without redoing everything. I'm also convinced a lot of the flaws come from the lack of guidance.
IMO it's actually pretty advanced if understood well (the lack of help is surely not helping) as we basically have different conversation option getting triggered depending on the number of points you have on a girl, sometimes it can go up to three tones for each girl. For example, if you have maxed points on a girl, she will say something different than if you have her half maxed, and again different if you don't have any points on her. And this whole thing must interact with the other girls too, so the girls will react differently depending on which is your maxed one. This is actually a lot of work/headache to do so as we have 4-6 main interests interacting all the time, thus deserving different dialogues all the time depending on what points you have.
Most games of the genre will have branches quickly branch out with their specific content to isolate the love interest that you are going for, it's much easier than what we are doing but also a lot easier to explain, so I think we were a bit too ambitious with what we tried and it's not perfect by all means but I don't think it's a bad system in itself.

zandalari That's really nice, thanks for catching those.

Dideldidum

May 19, 2017
wow i absolutely didnt get that . i replay games regularly if interactions change based on observable stats (like how does a scene play out with an innocent or corrupted character), because i like the differences in writing and the way it changes my view of the character. id never have known without your explanation this happened in your game because of the 50-50 dialogue choice every time. that explanation makes the love o meter now way more interesting as a guide on how girls interact in future to each other and mc. i didnt get that there is actually depth to the player choice. it just seemed so binary.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
DideldidumIMO it's actually pretty advanced if understood well (the lack of help is surely not helping) as we basically have different conversation option getting triggered depending on the number of points you have on a girl, sometimes it can go up to three tones for each girl. For example, if you have maxed points on a girl, she will say something different than if you have her half maxed, and again different if you don't have any points on her. And this whole thing must interact with the other girls too, so the girls will react differently depending on which is your maxed one. This is actually a lot of work/headache to do so as we have 4-6 main interests interacting all the time, thus deserving different dialogues all the time depending on what points you have.
Most games of the genre will have branches quickly branch out with their specific content to isolate the love interest that you are going for, it's much easier than what we are doing but also a lot easier to explain, so I think we were a bit too ambitious with what we tried and it's not perfect by all means but I don't think it's a bad system in itself.
As someone who gave this game 5/5 stars in my review of it here awhile ago, I have to say that this is one of the features that I appreciated the most in it. Seeing how the different characters interact with you based on their love points is awesome. That is why the few times their reactions were the same no matter the points in a situation where they shouldn't have been (last scene of Chapter 8 being the closest example) it felt really jarring, because I had gotten used to seeing the nice relationship variation lines.

If I have one thing that I dislike honestly, It is the skip system. It only skips a small amount of text after each press and there is no option to not skip unread text (which would have really helped when you are replaying to see the variations). I presume this is a limitation of the engine, which makes me wonder why you chose to not use Renpy? It is a VN specialized engine after all, which should make the work easier.

Reactions: zandalari

Redikal

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
FFTW Yeah gotcha on the last scene of Chapter 8, it would have been better to have different alts there, I can see that. Alts are going back strongly on chapter 10, hope you like them.
Skip system is not the best, especially the fact that it skips unread text as you pointed out. As for Ren'py, well before that game I was doing The Fall of Juliet and I was experienced with RPGM a lot so I took the shot, it seemed more natural for me at that time.
Now we have been working on a new game in our free time, this time its made on Ren'py, so it's coming at one point: ProfileMC.png
It will be a different story, different universe though, I don't like doing the same stuff for too long. Hopefully, people from TQ can enjoy it fully as well, let's see but it's rather different.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
FFTW Yeah gotcha on the last scene of Chapter 8, it would have been better to have different alts there, I can see that. Alts are going back strongly on chapter 10, hope you like them.
Skip system is not the best, especially the fact that it skips unread text as you pointed out. As for Ren'py, well before that game I was doing The Fall of Juliet and I was experienced with RPGM a lot so I took the shot, it seemed more natural for me at that time.
Now we have been working on a new game in our free time, this time its made on Ren'py, so it's coming at one point: View attachment 868445
It will be a different story, different universe though, I don't like doing the same stuff for too long. Hopefully, people from TQ can enjoy it fully as well, let's see but it's rather different.
Well, what matters is that one always improves. glad to hear about their return in chapter 10 too :).

However, I have to say, This story still has a lot of gas left in the tank. It only truly ends when MC conquers everything he wants to and establishes his government after all. So I very much hope that you decide to either extend it beyond 10 chapters or make a TQ2 with the rest of the story :)

Redikal

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Aswolfree Let me know where it crashes exactly, I can skip the dialogue where it crashes and send you an edited map so that you can continue

Redikal

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Put this inside data folder of the game and press replace when prompted to do so. So I removed all the dialogues when the first dialogue option with Lili is played, let me know if it works.

Feb 18, 2019
Put this inside data folder of the game and press replace when prompted to do so. So I removed all the dialogues when the first dialogue option with Lili is played, let me know if it works.
Well it did something, cause at least i could see the sexy time with Lili, but after that immediatly crashed. It doesnt matter if i rush through or go slowly. I dont know what exactly the problem is, but i have it since chapter 7 update.

• Thinking Face
Feb 18, 2019
Do you have a slow computer? :unsure:
Nope, not at all. I play all the AAA titles without any problem. So i dont really understand it.I play this game since chapter 2 update, and this problem started to appear sinche the chapter 7 update. I hoped that if i put the game to rest for a while and take it up again after some time, the problem will be solved. But unfortunately not.
By the way, i managed to get past it, only by choosing to not have sex with Lili. The next crash was after the Morgana remembering scene.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Bacca2567

Jan 5, 2020
Really good game, the only problem I have with it is not being able to save on the android version. Dont know if it's a big or not, but would be good to be able to save

4.10 star(s) 32 Votes