greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

Unlocked

Quite an uneventful week, which is always good. Knocked out more than 220 renders and some animations, giving a total of 997 story renders and 3,398 animated frames rendered and post-edited, in addition to doing this month's custom renders for the top Patreon tier.
One of the reasons I'm very satisfied with this week's work is that I'm not pumping the render number by doing a whole lot of conversation renders, but it's five completely separate scenes with a lot going on in them.
Whenever there's a huge weekly batch like this one, there are always some surprises when I look at the result. Here are a few examples:
As you can see below, "1" is what I see when posing it. Looks normal and nothing wrong. "2" is the rendered result, and obviously the phone is upside down. So instead of enduring the "proof that Drifty has never used a phone before" comments on pirate sites, it's back to re-posing and re-rendering, and also fixing the finger clipping into the phone. Then post-editing for the "3" final result.

Another example is the lovely lady below. I wanted her glasses to be very reflective, as there's almost no dark in them, so I tinkered around a bit with the shader of the glasses to give both them and her eyes a bit more of a sparkle. Then I did the test render (1), and everything looked good. Of course, figures tend to move around a bit, which resulted in an angle where she reflected a hidden light source (2). Another one for the rework.

I've also got another character for the cameos this week. I think you're going to love that one, as I don't think the dev usually does these.
For the preview, it definitely looks like these cuties are up to some mischief. Wonder what it is.

Okay, better get back to work as I have a date with the lovely Teagan and Roxanne this weekend. Should be a good one. :) Stay safe out there, and enjoy the weekend.

// Drifty

thehsplt

Mar 30, 2019
I just seen one of Drifty's famous bunny slippers in intial release of a game called "Redefine"!

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Does 1481 renders and 50% of the story done means that the render count would also goes up around 50% to 100% from where it's at right now?

or are the renders almost done but it's just the script hasn't been written yet in details?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Does 1481 renders and 50% of the story done means that the render count would also goes up around 50% to 100% from where it's at right now?

or are the renders almost done but it's just the script hasn't been written yet in details?
can mean anything.

Oct 10, 2022
What kind of trend is it that devs are making so many freeroams lately? These things are nice at times, but most of the time they're really annoying and disrupt the flow of the game. :( If I want to play a point and click adventure, I don't choose AVN.
And most of the time it's not implemented good, hard to navigate, doesn't add anything to story.

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

Unlocked

I was working on a lewd scene for most of the week and finished up two other scenes as well.
It's always exciting when you have a good idea for a scene, especially when it's lewd, but you have to wait about a week until you can see the final result. It was a bit demanding, and I had to re-render several of the animations due to some problems.
I mean, bouncing tits are nice and all, but when they bounce all over the place, it kind of takes the immersion out of it. :) So instead of struggling with what I'd made, I decided to scrap them and redo everything from the start, which was a very good choice, as the result was amazing.
Still, good numbers with around 170 story renders and more than 2200 frames of animation this week (not counting the 500ish I had to scrap), totaling 1,643 story renders and 8,209 frames of animation. At least I have some screw-up animations for the developer walkthrough now.
I picked up a NAS backup system this week, and I expect to set everything up in the next few days. I am a bit of a backup-whore, so it's going to be a timesaver having everything automated and cloud synched.
In addition to that, next week, I'm getting an electrical car charger installed, so there will probably be some downtime due to power cuts. It shouldn't affect work too much, but you never know.
Have a nice weekend, and stay safe out there.
// Drifty

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

Unlocked

I was working on a lewd scene for most of the week and finished up two other scenes as well.
It's always exciting when you have a good idea for a scene, especially when it's lewd, but you have to wait about a week until you can see the final result. It was a bit demanding, and I had to re-render several of the animations due to some problems.
I mean, bouncing tits are nice and all, but when they bounce all over the place, it kind of takes the immersion out of it. :) So instead of struggling with what I'd made, I decided to scrap them and redo everything from the start, which was a very good choice, as the result was amazing.
Still, good numbers with around 170 story renders and more than 2200 frames of animation this week (not counting the 500ish I had to scrap), totaling 1,643 story renders and 8,209 frames of animation. At least I have some screw-up animations for the developer walkthrough now.
I picked up a NAS backup system this week, and I expect to set everything up in the next few days. I am a bit of a backup-whore, so it's going to be a timesaver having everything automated and cloud synched.
In addition to that, next week, I'm getting an electrical car charger installed, so there will probably be some downtime due to power cuts. It shouldn't affect work too much, but you never know.
// Drifty
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020

Unlocked

As expected, there was some downtime as my office was occupied for quite some time this week - and I didn't really want to have my computers rendering when they were working in here (for obvious reasons).
In addition to that, many of the renders in the queue came out black due to me going over the VRAM limit, which means I must have been balancing right on the limit as about half the renders in that scene rendered just fine.
Not a big problem though, load-adjust-save-requeue, and they came out fine in the end.
Still managed to get 120 story renders and an animation done, so it wasn't a complete dud week.
For the preview, I think mostly speaks for itself.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
is this in the same universe as LoF? any planned crossovers/cameos?
The LoF MC's half-sister is a confirmed potential side-LI (?) and was met in the first chapter. No indication that any other characters will show up, but if they did, it would only be cameo.

Reactions: FatYoda

qvcatullus

Sep 17, 2020
The LoF MC's half-sister is a confirmed potential side-LI (?) and was met in the first chapter. No indication that any other characters will show up, but if they did, it would only be cameo.
Plus she should be reasonably involved in the plot, based on the foreshadowing she gave near the end of LoF.

Reactions: Elhemeer

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
cece's slippers which she sold after leaving kaz did make appearance. :giggle:

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes