BBC246

Nov 8, 2023
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 552, in script
    show screen talents with Dissolve(1, alpha=True)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 646, in execute_show_screen
    renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Screen talents is not known.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 552, in script
    show screen talents with Dissolve(1, alpha=True)
  File "D:\Users\Lenovo-Gaming\Desktop\u4ia-e2.01p-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2259, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Users\Lenovo-Gaming\Desktop\u4ia-e2.01p-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2241, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Users\Lenovo-Gaming\Desktop\u4ia-e2.01p-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 342, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 646, in execute_show_screen
    renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Users\Lenovo-Gaming\Desktop\u4ia-e2.01p-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1220, in show_screen
    raise Exception("Screen %s is not known.\n" % (name[0],))
Exception: Screen talents is not known.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
u4ia e2.01p
Sun Jan 28 01:46:17 2024

ZzZzZiggy

Dec 30, 2021
To me, everything about this game feels like a step down from LoF. The character is unlikable (the guy butts into everyone's business, is kind of a creep and has 0 charm), the dialogue is bland, awkward and cringey as fuck, the humor is lacking, the freeroam makes everything needlessly complicated and the drama is turned up to friggin' 11 (aka soap opera levels). Oh and for some reason, it is crazy hard to unlock a sex scene - managed a single one throughout these two episodes. It actually makes me reassess Leap of Faith and question whether I was just viewing it through rose-tinted glasses and it wasn't such a good game to begin with. Such a shame.

Facttho

Dec 10, 2023
To me, everything about this game feels like a step down from LoF. The character is unlikable (the guy butts into everyone's business, is kind of a creep and has 0 charm), the dialogue is bland, awkward and cringey as fuck, the humor is lacking, the freeroam makes everything needlessly complicated and the drama is turned up to friggin' 11 (aka soap opera levels). Oh and for some reason, it is crazy hard to unlock a sex scene - managed a single one throughout these two episodes. It actually makes me reassess Leap of Faith and question whether I was just viewing it through rose-tinted glasses and it wasn't such a good game to begin with. Such a shame.
Lof is great but also has some minor flaws in its writing (especially with steph and in last chapter), u4ia has major flaws especially for me unattractive lis (most look like feminists with wierd haircuts and colors) and some of the free roam stuff that makes you miss content with li plus the timer bs. strongly agree with your take on the MC, he just comes across as a creepy fake nice guy. I love driftys writing so i will try to finish this but this is for sure a step down.

Lars and vivianne is probably the 2 best looking in the VN. Why is everyone on this island so wierd looking?

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
It actually makes me reassess Leap of Faith and question whether I was just viewing it through rose-tinted glasses and it wasn't such a good game to begin with.
People are open to turning a blind eye to LoF's flaws, because they were very touched by this one character arc in the second half of the game. But before the second half got released there was a lot of bitching about the nonsensical highschool secret spy plot and the convoluted game mechanics.
The first half of LoF is a game about ogling hot women in bikinis and a pop star and a secretly rich lesbian couple falling in love with the PC at first sight for some reason. It's similarly superfluous to u4ia.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I'm not 100% against free roams and sandboxes but most times both are a waste of player time. Too many devs use them to hide the lack of content behind grinding mechanics or boring point and click tasks. Leap of Faith free roams weren't that bad but this time is worse imo.
i 100% agree. Cleaning trash on the new house on chapter 1? for what

there's 0 reason for doing that. Other than first time blind playthrough will extremely likely to miss the fact that they need to go outside, clean the bedroom next door so that later on, they can have a scene with Geneva

that is just semi-gatekeeping content to second playthrough

i actually dont mind freeroam, i kinda like it, but u4ia is the worst freeroam out of anything i've played so far, and i really don't feel like having multiple playthrough just to get through it.

Which is a shame because the N in AVN is novel. This is more of an AVGame than AVN

vs2011xyz

May 18, 2021
Gallery Unlock Script

Description: A simple gallery unlock script. Just place it in the game folder and everything should be unlocked.
Game version: Ep2.01p

Python:
# Use this unlock script at your own risk.
# https://f95zone.to/threads/.158858/post-10700573

# Start the deal with the devil
init 666 python:
    # Loop through all persistent data
    for gallery_unlock_item in range(1, 36):
        for gallery_type in ['gallery', 'scene']:
            varname = gallery_type + f'{gallery_unlock_item:02}'
            if getattr(persistent, varname) != True:
                setattr(persistent, varname, True)

# Make sure the replay scenes are clickable
    # The script below was found in a scrappy mod
    for label in renpy.get_all_labels():
        renpy.game.persistent._seen_ever[label] = True
        renpy.game.seen_session[label] = True
Thnaks

Reactions: colombeen

John972

Apr 24, 2018

there's 0 reason for doing that. Other than first time blind playthrough will extremely likely to miss the fact that they need to go outside, clean the bedroom next door so that later on, they can have a scene with Geneva

That same tactic was employed in LoF. In that game, who would know to check their phone in the clothes shop or on Lexi's aircraft at VERY specific times to trigger key events?

Don't get me wrong, I love both games, but acknowledge both have flaws and game mechanics that rub many people up the wrong way.

After multiple skipped playthoughs to trigger different conditions, I still have no idea where to find the fifth gallery render (is it at the hotel?) or how to trigger the option to spend more time with Synne at the beach (after the massage)

Last edited:

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
That same tactic was employed in LoF. In that game, who would know to check their phone in the clothes shop or on Lexi's aircraft at VERY specific times to trigger key events?

Don't get me wrong, I love both games, but acknowledge both have flaws and game mechanics that rub many people up the wrong way.
I honestly don't remember if it was even hinted at that you had to look at the phone at that time, or change your ring tone. I don't remember if I ever found the password to the vibrator(?) I think it was, if you even could. Obscure things stuff like that never go over well since you'd never know about it unless you had the mod that tells you a trigger is happening or that you missed it.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I honestly don't remember if it was even hinted at that you had to look at the phone at that time, or change your ring tone. I don't remember if I ever found the password to the vibrator(?) I think it was, if you even could. Obscure things stuff like that never go over well since you'd never know about it unless you had the mod that tells you a trigger is happening or that you missed it.
Yeah, none of all that is good in either game for a first-time playthrough. I've replayed LoF on Steam with Drifty's walkthrough DLC and it was great, BUT I that's not how I want to experience/enjoy my first playthrough.

Reactions: camube

ZzZzZiggy

Dec 30, 2021
People are open to turning a blind eye to LoF's flaws, because they were very touched by this one character arc in the second half of the game. But before the second half got released there was a lot of bitching about the nonsensical highschool secret spy plot and the convoluted game mechanics.
The first half of LoF is a game about ogling hot women in bikinis and a pop star and a secretly rich lesbian couple falling in love with the PC at first sight for some reason. It's similarly superfluous to u4ia.
That's ... actually very on point. The more I think about LoF now, the more I remember stuff I disliked but that my subconscious apparently tried to gloss over. :LOL:

Reactions: VOYEUR and John972
Sep 3, 2020

i actually dont mind freeroam, i kinda like it, but u4ia is the worst freeroam out of anything i've played so far, and i really don't feel like having multiple playthrough just to get through it.

Which is a shame because the N in AVN is novel. This is more of an AVGame than AVN
still playing this game right now

I just wanted to say speaking as someone who hates freeroam

I don't think the freedom in this game is that bad

at least for now, it's far from being the worst

don't get me wrong I have many many problems with this game but not the free roam at least for right now

I think calling this one of the worst free roams is kind of unfair especially since

being a dick exists

Reactions: Kevinlolz

bebiho

Sep 16, 2016
I can see where this story will go now, and yeah it could be a good story but the cast of characters is meh honestly.

Doggs133

Dec 30, 2017
Having trouble completely unlocking Synne's options on the beach.

Can anyone advise where (earlier in the game) I can massage her?
I've tried replaying the job start scene in her office, but the option doesn't come up for me.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
still playing this game right now

I just wanted to say speaking as someone who hates freeroam

I don't think the freedom in this game is that bad

at least for now, it's far from being the worst

don't get me wrong I have many many problems with this game but not the free roam at least for right now

I think calling this one of the worst free roams is kind of unfair especially since

being a dick exists
Being a Dik doesn't have a limited amount of arrows you can click before you run out of time, or a skill that gives more time. How do you even explain that skill in terms of narrative and lore? :WaitWhat:
Being a DIK also doesn't need a walkthrough for the unnecessarily obscure ways to unlock LI scenes during the freeroam portions.

This is far worse, you just had a longer time to get tired of Being a DIK's freeroams, give this one 4-6 more episodes of Drifty ignoring how unfun and immersion breaking his freeroams are for the story and we can talk again.

Sep 3, 2020
Being a Dik doesn't have a limited amount of arrows you can click before you run out of time, or a skill that gives more time. How do you even explain that skill in terms of narrative and lore? :WaitWhat:
Being a DIK also doesn't need a walkthrough for the unnecessarily obscure ways to unlock LI scenes during the freeroam portions.

This is far worse, you just had a longer time to get tired of Being a DIK's freeroams, give this one 4-6 more episodes of Drifty ignoring how unfun and immersion breaking his freeroams are for the story and we can talk again.
that's fair but like i said I have other problems with the games

Reactions: NebulousShooter
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes