Talmadge

May 7, 2018
What was the exact reason for him/her to quit? :unsure:
I saw on another game's page that some where complaining about him or her putting Our Secret behind a paywall to see the ending. Haven't played that one yet, so I don't know. That might have something to do with it. Also, probably everyone trying to get him or her to change the Futa stuff in this one. If you don't like it, don't play it. But don't tell the creator to change their idea to appease you. ( I use the you as the world you, not you personally ).

Reactions: Marvinjeak

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Futa has nothing to do with it

what happened was...

2 days ago, 17MOONKEYS decided to put the final version of Our Secret behind a paywall and charge 20$ for it (btw you can finish this VN in 20 mins max). so users told him that this is a bad idea and it will backfire at any minute, but he didn't listen.

and then a couple of hours later a moderator paid 20$, downloaded the final version, and shared it on this site.

and that's where the hate begins because 17MOONKEYS start saying that this site is the reason why many devs can't finish their project because we are a bunch of thieves and anyone who downloaded his VN is a thief.

keep in mind that he started on this site, there was Development Thread for UFO, and users gave him love and support and promote his back-then upcoming VN and made it popular. and now he's making 2626$ on Patreon, and instead of showing appreciation, he says this?? ungrateful move if you ask me

that's why so many users are mad at him
Well. I can get where people are mad. It has been his or her habit to share the latest update with whomever has UFO as their banner. So is it really stealing if he or she shared it here? Granted, he or she said not to share it with anyone every time I got the latest update. Which I didn't because I'm honest. So it makes little since to me. Thank you for the clearing up. But I bet the Futa thing also pissed him or her off. Because it is the creators prerogative what they put into their games and people constantly saying to take it out would piss me off, too.

THE KILLER 13

Sep 13, 2022

what happened was...

2 days ago, 17MOONKEYS decided to put the final version of Our Secret behind a paywall and charge 20$ for it (btw you can finish this VN in 20 mins max). so users told him that this is a bad idea and it will backfire at any minute, but he didn't listen.

and then a couple of hours later a moderator paid 20$, downloaded the final version, and shared it on this site.

and that's where the hate begins because 17MOONKEYS start saying that this site is the reason why many devs can't finish their project because we are a bunch of thieves and anyone who downloaded his VN is a thief.

keep in mind that he started on this site, there was Development Thread for UFO, and users gave him love and support and promote his back-then upcoming VN and made it popular. and now he's making 2626$ on Patreon, and instead of showing appreciation, he says this?? ungrateful move if you ask me

another thing that mainly irritated the incest crowd was the fact that he got into the topic of incest games and promised that he would create an incest game m/s, he even asked for their opinion on the plot of the game, but in this new update he changed the relationship to aunt and nephew making the incest crowd angry and feeling cheated.

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
This went the way I thought it would. Work on 20 different games, or versions of games, and release one version to everyone here that is like 6 months behind, release to a select number of people a "newer" version, then each patreon level gets a newer and newer version. I said work on just one version of the game, one game at a time. Take one month, for example, work on UFO, another, one of the other games, then another month and work on another. Then back to UFO, and cycle through only one version. Maybe an early, test/beta version early, to get some feedback, and have some help cleaning up story, spelling, etc. Then polish it up, and release later in the month. But he decided to pull some Darth Smut crap, and turned this into a version of Death Star Trainer, and then says they aren't going to put their work here. This person is about the same as Darth Smut. Promising things, and completely falling flat on his face. I also said not to put anything behind a pay wall. It won't pay.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020

what happened was...

After reading this I guess we can expect to see them return to the forum when they realise their patron numbers start dropping again.

Should remove the patreon links from the OP tbh.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

what happened was...

The most successful devs on this forum don't really care if their games get leaked. If the games are good people will support them and having your game here helps a lot with exposure. Turning against your fanbase is never a great idea.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
After reading this I guess we can expect to see them return to the forum when they realise their patron numbers start dropping again.

Should remove the patreon links from the OP tbh.
Noticed the threat to delete account was never followed through on. But I think the temporary meltdown actually helped more than it hurt because as they say, no such thing as bad publicity. Total number of patrons continues to increase even if earnings has not. But as stated, in the long run, it is always smarter to work with the community instead of against it.

It all started as a textbook case perfect AVN grift (extensive early thread engagement, overwhelmingly positive reinforcement of thread posters, subtle but persistent advertising, rapid development times, and big tits) Honestly all new devs should study this man's first year methodology. The facade slipped a little recently, but once a dev reaches a certain level of support, they gain simps for life and don't have to court the masses as much anymore. As long as content continues to be released somewhat regularly, I think this one will do fairly well.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Hey, 17MOONKEYS , I'll just say I really like your game UFO. I think it is hilarious, has a truly original and well thought out plot, and is super sexy and fun to play.

I hope you don't let a few complainers get you down. It is better to embrace the culture here, and just ignore those you don't like, or make snarky comebacks. The most successful devs here either have huge teams and budgets, like DPC, and can ignore the fan community, or are smaller devs like you that do best to build goodwill through interacting with the fans here, and elsewhere.

Just my opinion, whatever it's worth. Hope you continue to have success in your game, UFO.

SirTwist

Nov 5, 2017
The thing is, I am not complaining about the story. I am complaining about the myriad releases of the game itself. Have one for top tier partons, then the next level down, etc., down to free on here. There should be, basically one version, just different release dates. And work on one game, or another at a time. Release one update, take a bit of a break, then work on next game. Release that update. Rinse and repeat. And be up front on what the game is, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeOG and RamseZ76

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
Eh, depends. If you're copying Star Trek, their burst speed is way faster than their sustained cruising speed. Of course, if you're copying Star Wars, they can travel across the whole galaxy in a day or two so 69ly would take a few minutes.
but, it's called story immersion, and it's funny

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
So, since the dev has decided to flee, there won't be any more updates here?
There will be always leaks or if people here don't help him anymore, there will be always the free version (if there will be any). Most of the updates (unless the free version) are never from the developer.

Reactions: Laehtsia
4.00 star(s) 119 Votes