Tool QSP RPGM Unity HTML Java Ren'Py Flash Wolf RPG UltraFast adult games compressor v2.9.7

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

For what compressor u want mass/bulk game compress feature?

• RPGM MV/MZ

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • HTML

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want be able to bulk compress all engines (this is not planned since too hard to add)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I want to compress all xp3 files in game folder (no u don't coz some games are encrypted)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I don't want this feature at all so don't waste ur time on it, just enjoy ur summer time :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have potato PC

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • I have average PC

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I have fast PC

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I have super PC

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
My question is: can I use this tool to pack to rpa files and folder that were not originally in a rpa format?
I've used a rpa tool available here, but that takes a huge amount of time (I'm talking hours to days).
No, u can't pack to rpa files/folders that wasn't in rpa before doing the compression. It's a bit strange that rpatool is slow for u since in UAGC it works fast and nobody complained about its speed. Anyway there are 2 solutions I can advice: 1st is (GUI tool) that allows to pack to rpa. 2nd is to use RenPy SDK, usually when u (re)build game with it u'll get files/folders packed to rpa accoding settings that u have inside ..\game\options.rpy file, by default it packs only png/jpg to archive.rpa but devs usually modify it from:
Code:
    build.classify('game/**.png', 'archive')
    build.classify('game/**.jpg', 'archive')
to something like:
Code:
    build.archive("scripts", "all")
    build.archive("images", "all")
    build.archive("audio", "all")
    build.archive("video", "all")
    build.archive("fonts", "all")

build.classify("game/**.rpy", "scripts")
    build.classify("game/**.rpyc", "scripts")

build.classify("game/**.mp3", "audio")
    build.classify("game/**.ogg", "audio")

build.classify("game/**.webp", "images")
    build.classify("game/**.png", "images")
    build.classify("game/**.jpg", "images")

build.classify("game/**.webm", "video")

build.classify("game/**.ttf", "fonts")
    build.classify("game/**.txt", "license")
But I dunno how useful it would be for Android, probably any of method should be done before compressing apk file and most likely those solutions not very convenient since u need to do it manually. Anyway can u tell why u need it, does it gives faster game installation only or any other advantages?

Last edited:

AssRider

Jul 4, 2017
No, u can't pack to rpa files/folders that wasn't in rpa before doing the compression. It's a bit strange that rpatool is slow for u since in UAGC it works fast and nobody complained about its speed. Anyway there are 2 solutions I can advice: 1st is (GUI tool) that allows to pack to rpa. 2nd is to use RenPy SDK, usually when u (re)build game with it u'll get files/folders packed to rpa accoding settings that u have inside ..\game\options.rpy file, by default it packs only png/jpg to archive.rpa but devs usually modify it from:
Code:
    build.classify('game/**.png', 'archive')
    build.classify('game/**.jpg', 'archive')
to something like:
Code:
    build.archive("scripts", "all")
    build.archive("images", "all")
    build.archive("audio", "all")
    build.archive("video", "all")
    build.archive("fonts", "all")

build.classify("game/**.rpy", "scripts")
    build.classify("game/**.rpyc", "scripts")

build.classify("game/**.mp3", "audio")
    build.classify("game/**.ogg", "audio")

build.classify("game/**.webp", "images")
    build.classify("game/**.png", "images")
    build.classify("game/**.jpg", "images")

build.classify("game/**.webm", "video")

build.classify("game/**.ttf", "fonts")
    build.classify("game/**.txt", "license")
But I dunno how useful it would be for Android, probably any of method should be done before compressing apk file and most likely those solutions not very convenient since u need to do it manually. Anyway can u tell why u need it, does it gives faster game installation only or any other advantages?
Thanks a lot for the (very quick) reply.

I believe I was using the wrong tool all along.
This one here: https://f95zone.to/threads/rpa-bat-1-02-a-dos-interface-for-rpatool.64320/

I'll give RPA Explorer a try.

One more thing: when I said I palying on Android, I was not talking about apk files at all, but classic Windows files on JoiPlay.

Cheers, mate!

LE: The advantage is space. 15K image files in an micro SD card may take upt to three times the space (size: 4GB, size on disk 12GB). Also, it takes musch longer to unarchive the game or to delete it. I wouldn't be surpsised to affect the card's longevity, having thousands of hundreds of files on it.

Take a look at the screenshot at "size" vs "used" in the case of a game that has rpa files. The used size is much, much bigger if there are no rpa files

LE 2: other disatvantages
- any app (size checker, cleaners, apps that look for supported files etc.) that scans the phone internal or external memory takes ages to finish the scan.
- After I unarchived 15 games without rpa, it took MiXplorer browser one minute to display the contents of any folder. I had to wait one minute each time I opened a folder, instead of milliseconds. Back to normal after I archived all the game folders to one file each (zip or 7z).

Last edited:

master861

Nov 4, 2022
I know this game is alredy compressed The Roommate [v0.11.03] [togs].

But if i compress that i get this msg?

1717753048908.png
now the question is this game save or not?

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
I know this game is alredy compressed The Roommate [v0.11.03] [togs].

But if i compress that i get this msg?

View attachment 3713025
now the question is this game save or not?
It's false detect (happens with ancient RenPy ver). In new unreleased version ( ) it should be fixed.

Last edited:

mumus01

Jul 18, 2022
Hey, I have some error or bug. I can't compressing any RenPy Games (RPA or without RPA). I using UAGC 2.9.8 Fix5. I don't know how suppose to do with that error. Can you help? Sorry for my bad english. But, I send the proof in my youtube videos. Here the proof:

For in that video. I just want to compressing (The Red Brim) and (Corrupt Sin)

master861

Nov 4, 2022
Hey, I have some error or bug. I can't compressing any RenPy Games (RPA or without RPA). I using UAGC 2.9.8 Fix5. I don't know how suppose to do with that error. Can you help? Sorry for my bad english. But, I send the proof in my youtube videos. Here the proof:

If its this game The red brim? why you whant compress are game that is only around 400mb big?
Try to remove the 600 from you video bitrate and try again.
Try to move you games to are folder called E:\games\name of the game with out any spaces or . in the folder name of the games.
And to the second game i thing i see why its not working because of the . in the folder name.
I checked the red brim not sure what you dit but i can compress it.
1717881472851.png

Reactions: megalol

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017

I agree with statement about about path(s). Try to move to simpler path both UAGC and games you want to compress (UAGC to E:\UAGC and games to E:\games), also try at 1st with default quality settings (adjust image quality only but values lower 65 is not recommended, your settings on video useful only for [very] slow PC, if you want lower video quality set higher CRF value not bitrate, use settings reset at UAGC settings to do fast reset of other values).
P.S. And I dunno why on your video no pause.exe tool (media progress counter window) 1717885490035.png (looks like this but with actual numbers).

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
megalol, your tool is awesome; right now, it's serving my needs perfectly. But here's the thing I've noticed a lot around here: some UAGC users just don't want to bother testing. It's like they think all games have the same settings, so they don't bother exploring what the UAGC can really do. It's like having a Ferrari and only ever using third gear.

Right now, I only compress games for my topic, and the UAGC always comes through for me.

Thank you very much (y)

Reactions: megalol
Sep 13, 2020
Hey megalol, I am new at using your tool and this is a screenshot of what I am looking at rn and was wondering where I can go from here to compress my fav avn that is a renpy game to a more tolerable size than 2gb without too much loss of quality for both visuals of pics and audio. Sorry if whatever I typed made u confused or anyone else.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Hey megalol, I am new at using your tool and this is a screenshot of what I am looking at rn and was wondering where I can go from here to compress my fav avn that is a renpy game to a more tolerable size than 2gb without too much loss of quality for both visuals of pics and audio. Sorry if whatever I typed made u confused or anyone else.
You may just have to play around with the settings.

Where it is sat now 40% audio and 80% image is what most of my compressions are done with.

You can hover over the "video" part where it says 39 and you can change that if you wish, but I don't mess with it a lot, again, it's just about playing around with it and see what "quality" you like.

It's about experimentation, you can just try the bog-standard settings and see what it looks like after and the size as well.

If you don't like it, adjust the settings, either up (better quality, larger size) or down (lower quality, smaller size).

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87
Sep 13, 2020
I just done my first compression but afraid to find out how the quality is. It took 6 mins and 23 seconds from 2.14 GB to 1.33 GB with 40% audio and 80% image for the compression. I was using a i7 8700 non k CPU and 32gb crucial pro ram that has heat sinks on them.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I just done my first compression but afraid to find out how the quality is. It took 6 mins and 23 seconds from 2.14 GB to 1.33 GB with 40% audio and 80% image for the compression. I was using a i7 8700 non k CPU and 32gb crucial pro ram that has heat sinks on them.
Yeah, already replied in the other thread so won't again, sure you already read it ;)

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
(install on UAGC v2.9.7 or v2.9.8):
- For RenPy (main) compressor added (highly experimental) feature to compress all games inside selected folder
Could‘ve tested that yesterday. Did like 20 :KEK:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Since it's experimental better to check it on 2-3 games at 1st.
Laaaaaaaame. Yolo it an turn notifications off :KEK:
Probably wouldn't have done all of them with it anyways (well couldn't as there were some RPGM in between and some I 100% wanted to donor cause of the amount of Webms.)

Btw do you know why my PC would start lagging like crazy when compressing like 18k+ oggs?
I paused UAGC for like 5 mins (when I was at like 10k alrady compressed) and after that it was alright again, but at the end it only compressed like 5 at a time (before pausing). Not sure if there is some kind of memory leak? As 64GB should be enough though.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Laaaaaaaame. Yolo it an turn notifications off :KEK:
Probably wouldn't have done all of them with it anyways (well couldn't as there were some RPGM in between and some I 100% wanted to donor cause of the amount of Webms.)

Btw do you know why my PC would start lagging like crazy when compressing like 18k+ oggs?
I paused UAGC for like 5 mins (when I was at like 10k alrady compressed) and after that it was alright again, but at the end it only compressed like 5 at a time (before pausing). Not sure if there is some kind of memory leak? As 64GB should be enough though.
Yeah, I've turned off most of notification messages, some of 'em like game compress done and error check became timed (5 sec duration), I didn't implemented total compression duration of all games and amount of compressed files info, didn't added ability to ignore non RenPy games in folder and if u wanna get proper UAGC build-in RenPy AV check probably it's also not for u since u could just don't see virus warning 5 sec timed message if not at looking at ur monitor all the time. At short UAGC dev got lazy during summer time, did some feature which was lazy to test and called it experimental :D.

About memory leaking, was ur amount of RAM usage high when u had lagging or not? Probably I need add RAM limit usage to some most common compressors like it done in Renpy (not main) avif/AV1 compressor but since u can also use limitting OGG speed (reduce amount of ffmpeg processes by adding small pauses) in compressor settings 1718220206247.png (set to everything except max) maybe it's not needed. In UAGC amount images and audio compression processes usually limited only by Windows so if u don't limit it there is possible memory leaks especially for audio coz ffmpeg uses more RAM than image compression tools like cwebp, nconvert or pingo.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Yeah, I've turned off most of notification messages, some of 'em like game compress done and error check became timed (5 sec duration), I didn't implemented total compression duration of all games and amount of compressed files info, didn't added ability to ignore non RenPy games in folder and if u wanna get proper UAGC build-in RenPy AV check probably it's also not for u since u could just don't see virus warning 5 sec timed message if not at looking at ur monitor all the time. At short UAGC dev got lazy during summer time, did some feature which was lazy to test and called it experimental :D.

About memory leaking, was ur amount of RAM usage high when u had lagging or not? Probably I need add RAM limit usage to some most common compressors like it done in Renpy (not main) avif/AV1 compressor but since u can also use limitting OGG speed (reduce amount of ffmpeg processes) in compressor settings View attachment 3730384 (set to everything except max) maybe it's not needed. In UAGC amount images and audio compression processes usually limited only by Windows so if u don't limit it there is possible memory leaks especially for audio coz ffmpeg uses more RAM than image compression tools like cwebp, nconvert or pingo.
He yeah. Would probably just let it run for known games that a clean. And just to test anyways.

Hmm, it was not really high that why I was a bit surprised. Only at like 70%. Its now in idle at 56 (not really Idle as I have a ton of Browser tabs + a few programs that run in the background open).

It was actually in the Custom compressor and Ogg speed was set to max yeah probably need to remember if I know there are a million audio files to not set it to max. Usually I don't really have problems with auto files. But this time it really started to lag (like with the mouse moving like 1-2 seconds later), after like 6-7 oggs were done.

Thats why I was so confused as I don't think I encountered that before (or I don't remember), even when compression the millions webms.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
He yeah. Would probably just let it run for known games that a clean. And just to test anyways.

Hmm, it was not really high that why I was a bit surprised. Only at like 70%. Its now in idle at 56 (not really Idle as I have a ton of Browser tabs + a few programs that run in the background open).

It was actually in the Custom compressor and Ogg speed was set to max yeah probably need to remember if I know there are a million audio files to not set it to max. Usually I don't really have problems with auto files. But this time it really started to lag (like with the mouse moving like 1-2 seconds later), after like 6-7 oggs were done.

Thats why I was so confused as I don't think I encountered that before (or I don't remember), even when compression the millions webms.
Webm's compression in ultrafast mode is limited to 9 processes max (by default = 6) without UF only 1 process. For ogg's u could have hundreds of ffmpeg processes so maybe even ur CPU couldn't handle it at some point without enabling speed limitting :D.
P.S. I've added a poll at OP :KEK:.

Reactions: Discoplayer1

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Webm's compression in ultrafast mode is limited to 9 processes max (by default = 6) without UF only 1 process. For ogg's u could have hundreds of ffmpeg processes so maybe even ur CPU couldn't handle it at some point without enabling speed limitting :D.
P.S. I've added a poll at OP :KEK:.
Hmm yeah could be the CPU then. It did start with like 50-100 files at once at the start :KEK: That was probably the reason why it really paused like 2 mins into the pause xD. Will hopefully remember next time, ah well was wasted anyways, can't get the bmps smaller anyways. So I stopped with that one.

I answered, while I do want to be able to just select a folder and UAGC goes into every folder after another and just starts compressing it with standard settings, seems like you won't make that work :ROFLMAO: .
Looks like my PC falls under super? Though back when I got it, I was thinking about going for a Ryzen 9.

About the xp3 compressor, honestly fuck that encrypted shit, I compressed a few games where there are more than 10 xp3s. And its a pain in the ass to select them all separately, cause you have to pay attention. So it would probably be good to add just compress all and if it/or some aint working that skip those. Could maybe try to implement it so UAGC can check first if all are unpackable, so if not you can tell UAGC to compress whats unpack/repackable and skip the other or completly abort it.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes