Tool QSP RPGM Unity HTML Java Ren'Py Flash Wolf RPG UltraFast adult games compressor v3.0.7

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

For what compressor u want mass/bulk game compress feature?

• RPGM MV/MZ

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • HTML

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I want be able to bulk compress all engines (this is not planned since too hard to add)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I want to compress all xp3 files in game folder (no u don't coz some games are encrypted)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I don't want this feature at all so don't waste ur time on it, just enjoy ur summer time :)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I have potato PC

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • I have average PC

• I have fast PC

• I have super PC

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
He said he used default. I PM'd him last night about it. I have 16gb of ram and i5-10500h
Then there are not much I can advice since I have no problems too (tested on game update). So I can advice only try to put game to shorter path like [game drive letter]:\games\[ur game name] and temporary disable AV (as typical suggestion if some program works wrong). Or just leave it to compressors if nothing helps.
I didn't change anything. I usually use what's there and haven't noticed any real issues, checked the folder for movies and all the videos there and were compressed as far as I can tell.

View attachment 2925089
Btw u can try enabling "ultrafast ffmpeg" on games with a lot of vids especially since it provides about 20% boost coz utilizes almost all CPU resources by running several ffmpeg instances at once. For example without it game update of those game compressed in 2min 29 sec but with it took just 1 min 44 sec.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Btw u can try enabling "ultrafast ffmpeg" on games with a lot of vids especially since it provides about 20% boost coz utilizes almost all CPU resources by running several ffmpeg instances at once. For example without it game update of those game compressed in 2min 29 sec but with it took just 1 min 44 sec.
Alright, you learn something new every day, thanks. I just always thought the initial settings (I change some Ren'Py settings from time to time) were the sweet spot, not seen any real complaints, and just thought the standard settings were good.

Would that be something to advise on all games or just something with a buttload of videos?

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Alright, you learn something new every day, thanks. I just always thought the initial settings (I change some Ren'Py settings from time to time) were the sweet spot, not seen any real complaints, and just thought the standard settings were good.

Would that be something to advise on all games or just something with a buttload of videos?
Yes, "ultrafast ffmpeg" could be useful for all games just on "something with a buttload of videos" effect of this should be better seen. U can enable and save it so UAGC should remember until settings would wiped for example. I've disabled "ultrafast ffmpeg" by default for safety reasons for potato PC users.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yes, "ultrafast ffmpeg" could be useful for all games just on "something with a buttload of videos" effect of this should be better seen. U can enable and save it so UAGC should remember until settings would wiped for example. I've disabled "ultrafast ffmpeg" by default for safety reasons for potato PC users.
Ah, good deal...potato ;)

I will have to to enable it then when I do the next few, kind of interested in the saving on HTML ones.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Reactions: giqui

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Ok, np but I think better ask Hordragg since he done compression of those game before coz currently I don't have any clue how to crack game password (at least for now).
No worries, someone asked, and just happened to see that and had never come across it before.

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
megalol know any on that game below? Someone asked, so decided to check, it has a .zip file with all files passworded.

I'm not too worried about it, just curious if you've seen something like that.

Path of Sorrow and Pleasure [v0.12.1] [AE Games]
If something like that happen, the pw must be noted in the game files. Best case for you is to checking the files (reverse enginering). There are some Forums that can help you.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
UAGC v2.6.2 (with RenPy SDK):
UAGC v2.6.2 (without RenPy SDK):
Added RPG Tools engine compressor (used in Path of Sorrow and Pleasure game, compression took 10 mins on my PC at default settings), not for slow PC coz of 10k resolution png images.
For RenPy compressor added Ren'Py SDK v7.6.3 and v8.1.3 for MacOS (and some other platforms too that could be selected in UAGC settings) building (just don't forget to install it first).
Updated some tools.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
UAGC v2.6.2 (with RenPy SDK):
UAGC v2.6.2 (without RenPy SDK):
Added RPG Tools engine compressor (used in Path of Sorrow and Pleasure game, compression took 10 mins on my PC at default settings), not for slow PC coz of 10k resolution png images.
For RenPy compressor added Ren'Py SDK v7.6.3 and v8.1.3 for MacOS (and some other platforms too that could be selected in UAGC settings) building (just don't forget to install it first).
Updated some tools.
Nice, seems like you update it almost weekly :coffee:

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hi megalol,

I have two suggestions for improving your program.

1. can you change the pack function and the sdk build function so that you can select a folder for the export?

2. in the signature the used settings should be saved and if needed the name of the compressor can be inserted by a placeholder. This improvement is aimed at the fact that someone else always does the compression and the users always get a different quality. An automatic readout of such a file would of course be best. As a standard placeholder you should be in it, because through this tool you enable a lot of people to make compressions.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Hi megalol,

I have two suggestions for improving your program.

1. can you change the pack function and the sdk build function so that you can select a folder for the export?

2. in the signature the used settings should be saved and if needed the name of the compressor can be inserted by a placeholder. This improvement is aimed at the fact that someone else always does the compression and the users always get a different quality. An automatic readout of such a file would of course be best. As a standard placeholder you should be in it, because through this tool you enable a lot of people to make compressions.
1. It's possible but whats wrong with current/default location, can u explain why u need this?
2. I'll think about adding compressing settings in signature file but I don't think it would work the way u want until there would be added some new (optional most likely not strict) rule about this in compression request thread. Not rly like idea about forced placeholder since not all UAGC users use it for sharing in public so for now UAGC gives u blank text file where u can add whatever u like.

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
1. It's possible but whats wrong with current/default location, can u explain why u need this?
2. I'll think about adding compressing settings in signature file but I don't think it would work the way u want until there would be added some new (optional most likely not strict) rule about this in compression request thread. Not rly like idea about forced placeholder since not all UAGC users use it for sharing in public so for now UAGC gives u blank text file where u can add whatever u like.
For example, I always put the files in an upload folder, so that my upload program automatically uploads these files. Would just be an improvement to save the manual copying. Currently the mac version is created in the games folder and the packed 7.z version in the same directory in which the games folder is located.

To point 2: Asenaris is no longer here on the forum and some other also done for a long time nothing anymore. So in the end you must recompressed the game if you want to offer a constant quality to the users. So you could at least fall back on the settings and offer update only with the same quality. Would just save alot of time if there are alot of picture and video files. For example the AIO Compressor do the same and so evryone is able to reproduce the settings.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
So in the end you must recompressed the game if you want to offer a constant quality to the users. So you could at least fall back on the settings and offer update only with the same quality. Would just save alot of time if there are alot of picture and video files. For example the AIO Compressor do the same and so evryone is able to reproduce the settings.
I understood about compression settings (and it's probably good idea) so I've meant that except u and end users probably nobody would care and coz to know previous compression settings u need to download besides full game also previous compressed version until in post settings would be already written so I told that without additional rule it's most likely would be useless.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I only started putting a signature/read me in my compressions as MyPreciousCJ told me it was a pretty good idea, considering our compressions wind up on so many different sites.

And sure enough started noticing them popping up with the read me still in them. But mine is just simple, says may break your game, links to UAGC, and done for the fine folks of F95.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
UAGC v2.6.3 (install it on UAGC version 2.6.2):

For RenPy compressor added ability to set in UAGC settings default files saving path for MacOS building and "pack to 7z" feature.
Fixed bug in "ultrafast ffmpeg" when 2 videos with same names at same folder could lead to freeze of UAGC (now only 1 video of 2 would be compressed in such case).
Plans for next version (may be changed): adding compression settings in signature file for renpy, rpgm mv/mz and html compressors if enabled.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
UAGC v2.6.3 (install it on UAGC version 2.6.2):

For RenPy compressor added ability to set in UAGC settings default files saving path for MacOS building and "pack to 7z" feature.
Fixed bug in "ultrafast ffmpeg" when 2 videos with same names at same folder could lead to freeze of UAGC (now only 1 video of 2 would be compressed in such case).
Plans for next version (may be changed): adding compression settings in signature file for renpy, rpgm mv/mz and html compressors if enabled.
Wow that was quick on the Ultrafast bug.

MrCrisis

Jul 21, 2018
Hi,

For renpy avif when i use nconvert + ultrafast ffmpeg the limit set in settings (ffmpeg speed) is not applied. In my taskmanager i hit 400+ process and get a out of memory.

Is it normal or it's a bug ?

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Hi,

For renpy avif when i use nconvert + ultrafast ffmpeg the limit set in settings (ffmpeg speed) is not applied. In my taskmanager i hit 400+ process and get a out of memory.

Is it normal or it's a bug ?
I think you just understood speed limit in wrong way. In UAGC global settings u setting number of ffmpeg instances for ultrafast mode (read for video processing) but for image processing speed limit u need to adjust "Ogg compression speed" value and in case for main RenPy compressor (since I've not plan to update renpy avif anymore because in main one u can do literally the same by setting SDK version that supports avif and enable MacOS building but PC version instead in UAGC global settings) also activate "Limit images processing speed" feature. Yeah I know that is kinda confusing but I think speed limiting info was mentioned somewhere in OP. Anyway speed limiting for images currently not ideal and on slow PC (low RAM and weak CPU) could lead to craches, try at 1st to set it not higher 5, test it and let me know if it works for u coz I've also recently impletented images compression RAM usage limitting in "RPG Tools" game engine and I think it's doing better job so maybe I'll add it for main RenPy compressor in some future version too.

MrCrisis

Jul 21, 2018
I think you just understood speed limit in wrong way. In UAGC global settings u setting number of ffmpeg instances for ultrafast mode (read for video processing) but for image processing speed limit u need to adjust "Ogg compression speed" value and in case for main RenPy compressor (since I've not plan to update renpy avif anymore because in main one u can do literally the same by setting SDK version that supports avif and enable MacOS building but PC version instead in UAGC global settings) also activate "Limit images processing speed" feature. Yeah I know that is kinda confusing but I think speed limiting info was mentioned somewhere in OP. Anyway speed limiting for images currently not ideal and on slow PC (low RAM and weak CPU) could lead to craches, try at 1st to set it not higher 5, test it and let me know if it works for u coz I've also recently impletented images compression RAM usage limitting in "RPG Tools" game engine and I think it's doing better job so maybe I'll add it for main RenPy compressor in some future version too.
Ho ok, thanks for the feedback.

I try to set ogg speed at 5 but no change, it launch over 400 nconvert process and consum more than 40Go of RAM.

Curiously i don't remember have this problem with imagemagick

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes