Tool QSP RPGM Unity HTML Java Ren'Py Flash Wolf RPG UltraFast adult games compressor v3.0.7

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

For what compressor u want mass/bulk game compress feature?

• RPGM MV/MZ

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • HTML

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I want be able to bulk compress all engines (this is not planned since too hard to add)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I want to compress all xp3 files in game folder (no u don't coz some games are encrypted)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I don't want this feature at all so don't waste ur time on it, just enjoy ur summer time :)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I have potato PC

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • I have average PC

• I have fast PC

• I have super PC

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Let me ask, is there any way to know the compression limit and general image/video quality loss of a game without causing errors or causing the game image/video to fall into a state that is almost impossible?
For example, the game Once in a Lifetime by Carbidis has an original capacity of 5.1 GB -> when others compress it to 1.1GB and I compress it to the default setting of 1.57 GB -> I don't know how to adjust it to make the game better. The game still works fine like the finished products of other compressors but the capacity is much lower than what I use
Trial and error.

Check the screenshot where it shows all those settings, like image 80%, audio 40%, and so. You can just kind try different quality settings.

Mostly, barring some wonky games, others being not looking good compressed (there are some), just kind of got to play around with till you feel the quality is good enough, especially if it's one your keeping for yourself.

Reactions: ldacombat123

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Let me ask, is there any way to know the compression limit and general image/video quality loss of a game without causing errors or causing the game image/video to fall into a state that is almost impossible?
For example, the game Once in a Lifetime by Carbidis has an original capacity of 5.1 GB -> when others compress it to 1.1GB and I compress it to the default setting of 1.57 GB -> I don't know how to adjust it to make the game better. The game still works fine like the finished products of other compressors but the capacity is much lower than what I use
I think explained it earlier, anyway there are in general several types of images (at least in RenPy): png, jpg, webp, avif and all of 'em also could be either loseless (that means u get very good size reduction) or compressed (size reduction would be good probably for png only in this case). Visible image degradation (compression block artifacts) u can see at image quality < 75% (at least with my bad eye sight), if u would strech image then probably at < 80%. For example if u compress game with 80% image quality and developer already done the same u wouldn't have any difference in game size and would have very small (almost invisible) quality loss. For videos (and audio) almost same deal - any video format except VP9 should be compressed fine but in case video already in low bitrate + in VP9 there are not much u can do in regards of game size reduction. Btw I've made earlier RenPy compression assistant to detect how effective images compression could be and to see at which quality images are so u can try it for big games. Also RenPy avif/AV1 compressor could help but not for all games (and slow PC) since avif at 65% ~ webp 80%.

ldacombat123

Jun 6, 2022
I think explained it earlier, anyway there are in general several types of images (at least in RenPy): png, jpg, webp, avif and all of 'em also could be either loseless (that means u get very good size reduction) or compressed (size reduction would be good probably for png only in this case). Visible image degradation (compression block artifacts) u can see at image quality < 75% (at least with my bad eye sight), if u would strech image then probably at < 80%. For example if u compress game with 80% image quality and developer already done the same u wouldn't have any difference in game size and would have very small (almost invisible) quality loss. For videos (and audio) almost same deal - any video format except VP9 should be compressed fine but in case video already in low bitrate + in VP9 there are not much u can do in regards of game size reduction. Btw I've made earlier RenPy compression assistant to detect how effective images compression could be and to see at which quality images are so u can try it for big games. Also RenPy avif/AV1 compressor could help but not for all games (and slow PC) since avif at 65% ~ webp 80%.
Thanks for the useful feature "renpy compression assistant", will this feature apply to other game engineers in the future? something like "rpgmaker MV/MZ compression assistant"?

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Thanks for the useful feature "renpy compression assistant", will this feature apply to other game engineers in the future? something like "rpgmaker MV/MZ compression assistant"?
I think probably not since main idea to show if game worth to compress images (how much size reduction u can possibly get) or not and coz mentioned engine in 95% has png images then there are shouldn't be such a question (worth or not) coz almost in 99% cases answer is yes.
I think would be better expand this feature for RenPy to support video assistance but it would be much more complicated to implement so I'm not sure if it will be added ever.

master861

Nov 4, 2022
Can i ask why your but are brocken archive on workupload and pixeldrain?
version 2.6.4 the archive is brocken , and 2.6.5 seem are litel buggy for me i press on renpy compress then the tool crashes , bzw it freezes and take are huge amount of ram.

the only version that works for me is 2.6.3 or 2.6.2

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Can i ask why your but are brocken archive on workupload and pixeldrain?
version 2.6.4 the archive is brocken , and 2.6.5 seem are litel buggy for me i press on renpy compress then the tool crashes , bzw it freezes and take are huge amount of ram.

the only version that works for me is 2.6.3 or 2.6.2
https://f95zone.to/threads/ultrafast-adult-games-compressor-v2-6-2.80592/post-12021395
About crashes I dunno (maybe depends on particular game) since u provided too litte info, try with "Set game path manually" enabled or/and do settings reset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Discoplayer1

master861

Nov 4, 2022
yes with the Set game path manually it works.
if i read that function right it means something with the explorer.
I just wonder why my explorer should go crazy with 64gb ram if i press on compress renpy with out Set game path manually?

Last edited:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
yes with the Set game path manually it works.
That means u probably have some non-latin characters in folder name (something like ä) at folder selections list (that opens when u press Compress button). I don't think that it's because of UAGC version update unless u installed it to another folder. Make sure that u have installed UAGC in some short/simple path as recommended in OP. I don't think I can help u here anymore.

Reactions: Discoplayer1

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
E:\ is not are non latin character for me
Thats not how latin (the language) works. E is a latin character for everyone. Because its a Latin character. If you use for example É its not latin because it has the ´.

To test just drop The UAGC folder into C:/ directly. No extra folder. And start it from there. That way that can't be a issue.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes