Nexor6

Aug 8, 2018
Well, and I see a few. Game is hard, I know, but balanced around BA version and many of my patrons don't use cheats despite having access to them. It's a bonus feature, not a way it's meant to be played. Anyway, one of the reasons is people breaking their saves beyond repair and reporting non-existent bugs, while they will always go with "I didn't do anything". Majority of people don't have a clue about how programming or games work, they don't read annotations either, and thus many will use your cheat on non-compatible versions as well, or with dev mode choose broken dialogue options that should be never triggered and then bye-bye working save. I've done it a million times already. Before I was treating bug reports with a grain of salt due to the existence of the cheat engine, and now I will have to do it with a full glass of it or rather ignore them altogether on this forum. Thanks, as if trying to fix all the bugs and dealing with false reports wasn't a hell already for a single dev.
paywall goes boom boom dev goes cry cry oh nyo im so sad

• Angry
Reactions: bro111 and Charl9

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
paywall goes boom boom dev goes cry cry oh nyo im so sad
Bruh. Even as a casual pirate I'm not stupid nor heartless - developing games isn't easy and it takes time, so I side with devs when it comes to charging a respectable amount of money and expecting some income. Making games is in demand to some folks and can offer a therapeutic experience. So I just described a service. Money is often given for services. Games are a product. Money is given for products.

Mr. Unaware is already tired of talking about the money and paywall side of issues, he's strictly talking about the maintainability of the game and the actionability of feedback. There is no viable way to read feedback on bugs for the game if people are breaking their game with stuff they shouldn't be using. He implies that this forum is a horrendous place for feedback because patrons don't use dev-approved cheats and thus don't break their game that way, yet users here use dubiously made cheats that were incompatible X versions ago, and the bugs compound higher with each version past the independent modder cheat release. No point trying to fix what you can't fix because it's not your fault.

That's not even talking about having access to options that break progression. Even big-name games break when players manage sequence-breaks and don't play carefully around those. You sequence break around years-old games for speedruns, not in-dev games for teh lulz. Or do for fun but don't complain that you have to scrub the game's data clean just to ensure you won't find bugs the next time you play.

I'm a sensible guy who loves games and only recently got into pirating because it opens a world of exposure to things I wouldn't have ever seen before or considered worth my time and money. However in the respect that pirating is an awesome way to get exposure to stuff, it can be seen as a kind of self-selecting advertisement opt-in. So if you like the thing you saw and had the privilege of spending time on without buying it, please consider buying it. Or donating. Or at least being friendly and helpful.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019
Mr. Unaware is already tired of talking about the money and paywall side of issues, he's strictly talking about the maintainability of the game and the actionability of feedback. There is no viable way to read feedback on bugs for the game if people are breaking their game with stuff they shouldn't be using. He implies that this forum is a horrendous place for feedback because patrons don't use dev-approved cheats and thus don't break their game that way, yet users here use dubiously made cheats that were incompatible X versions ago, and the bugs compound higher with each version past the independent modder cheat release. No point trying to fix what you can't fix because it's not your fault.
One easy way to fix the feedback problem is to make the dev-approved cheats part of the free version. (AKA it is totally within the dev's capability to make their pain go away but they don't want to... for debatable* financial reasons.)

Fundamentally I believe that software should be free. If people like the project and are able then donations help prolong/extend/maintain it but it shouldn't be a necessity. (Beyond that there's the argument for open source but it's fair enough, particularly for young projects, for dev's to want to maintain authorial integrity.)

* It is debatable because some of us see this as a money-grabbing act that disincentivises us from contributing to the project. Maybe dev does make more money but dev definitely generates more ill will.

Reactions: paw_beans

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
One easy way to fix the feedback problem is to make the dev-approved cheats part of the free version. (AKA it is totally within the dev's capability to make their pain go away but they don't want to... for debatable* financial reasons.)

Fundamentally I believe that software should be free. If people like the project and are able then donations help prolong/extend/maintain it but it shouldn't be a necessity. (Beyond that there's the argument for open source but it's fair enough, particularly for young projects, for dev's to want to maintain authorial integrity.)

* It is debatable because some of us see this as a money-grabbing act that disincentivises us from contributing to the project. Maybe dev does make more money but dev definitely generates more ill will.
Cheats for money are a weird grey area. People play games without cheats often. People add cheats via mods to games. So the developer does this work with official support and suddenly people want it. So it's a good thing to put a price on because anyone can make cheats but nobody else gets official support.

Well, that backfired since people are going to bootleg cheats and complain about said bootleg cheats not working.

Software being free is another odd grey area. It's free on the basis that it's not physically material but still needs effort. So consultation is free, music is free, digital art is free, digitally written books are free, web design is free, operating systems are free. That all sounds good if you would have otherwise needed to pay for this stuff. Now replace the notion of someone else making this stuff with you explicitly having to always make it yourself and thus suddenly you want to pay to save effort. This means effort has a price.

I won't deny charging for optional cheats puts a bad taste in the mouth of the audience, but as the dev said earlier, how else will they make money if people don't tend to pay for accessing the game itself? It's a desperate move against an unfair economy. Bad versus bad, fire versus fire. They likely would not do the wrongful act of charging for cheats if people were more rightful in their pay to the dev. And yet, when I wasn't a pirate I simply did more with less and refused to touch whatever was out there, still leading to the dev losing business by virtue that I refused to engage in the market.

So my earlier points still stand. It's good to support devs you appreciate. People should at least appreciate by being kind. Encouragement and appreciation has its own value.

Reactions: Mr. Unaware
Jul 28, 2019
It's good to support devs you appreciate. People should at least appreciate by being kind. Encouragement and appreciation has its own value.
This much I can agree wholeheartedly with. :)

This means effort has a price.
How much were you paid for your post? Or me for mine? Okay, I'm being a little cheeky but I think you will get the point.

The value of sharing is the we don't have to do everything for ourselves. And if we we get something (for free) then we are more likely to make the effort to share something ourselves - this could even be money. In fact there are statistics to show that for commercial big name games piracy actually increases sales.

I still think the dev is just creating problems for themselves both in feedback and goodwill terms. And spending extra effort producing two versions to do it. I'm not saying this out of malice but rather from an abundance of good will. We would all be better off.

testaccount2312

Sep 21, 2023
Idealistic approach to life. Many great products had to leave the free model in order to make money e.g. Docker and Terraform. In real life everyone wants to be rewarded for their work.

Jul 28, 2019
Idealistic approach to life. Many great products had to leave the free model in order to make money e.g. Docker and Terraform. In real life everyone wants to be rewarded for their work.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I would hope that the dev of this game wants to make a good game that people enjoy playing. If this idealism ends up being misplaced I will stop playing.

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Landlord Albert asks me out on a date on Sunday when I pay him my rent and I accept. What time should I be ready for him to pick me up? Or is that not implemented yet?

SiggySky

Jun 23, 2023
The value of sharing is the we don't have to do everything for ourselves. And if we we get something (for free) then we are more likely to make the effort to share something ourselves - this could even be money. In fact there are statistics to show that for commercial big name games piracy actually increases sales.
There are certainly passion projects out there that people do without financial compensation and I feel the practice the industry viewing pirated content as a 1:1 equivalent of a lost sale is crazy given a lot of those instances involve people that were never going to pay anything more than free. I do dislike DRM impeding my enjoying a legitimate purchase. That aside, your comment about piracy boosting sales is generally far from being actualized but I hear it argued frequently. I've seen just as many reports of Patreon subs dropping once someone ends up on a place like yiff[.]party. Phone games have a lot of telemetry and statistics available and a lot of devs base the cost of translating or localizing on how endemic piracy is for that language because they've seen it never recoup the cost of translation. HBO was one of the biggest citations people gave on their statement that piracy was free advertising and wouldn't go after it... provided it wasn't simulcasts or HD.

Granted, I'm on this site, in this thread, and I haven't paid for this game, so I know I'm wearing Eu de Hypocrisy. I pretty much only do one-time purchase models for content because I've seen subs either not bear fruit or end up growing in a different direction from what I've wanted. Although I've got outlier tastes so I keep money set aside because I feel like if I don't throw money at certain genres they'll never get content so I've got a bit of a bias. I've seen a grand total of 2 lifesim/sandbox games featuring character creation, a female protagonist, cuckqueaning, interactive sex, and a dom beau building a harem (Female Perspective Sim and modded LifePlay); so "shutup and take my money" is a pretty rare feeling for me.

GGAEM

Aug 2, 2018
Hello i have a question
Is there still nothing on the balcony other than talk to Brandon ?

paw_beans

Modder
May 23, 2022
dubiously made cheats that were incompatible X versions ago
If you mean with that my modded assembly then i have to correct you. It was quite up-to-update all the time and only outdated if a new release was released without my knowledge. Additionally the game instantly crashed with with an outdated modded assembly and would've worked without it so im pretty sure people would've understood its an issue because they modified the game and it should be very easy to instantly see why it crashed as a dev (This is meant overall and not against specific individuals).

• Hey there
Reactions: johnyakuza1

Sissycuck111

May 8, 2023
I'm having trouble with pregnancy. I turn the shit off and she still gets preg. Ok restart, starting character fkng pregnant. Love the game though. I played the 1st one about a hundred times. And APK is stable and runs great.

3.50 star(s) 28 Votes