JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I have been playing for awhile now but have always wondered....does anything ever come from the ladies asking the difference between alcoholic drinks? They always approach and no matter what I say, they always just take a beer.
My guess is that it's a single event attached to an event trigger. By that I mean, the trigger can support multiple future possibilities, but development has only allocated time to make one event apply to that trigger, making it always be that one scene 100% of the time. So in the future the developer can added another event and give them different factors (usually just random %) to play when the criteria are met.

Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
GentlyUsedCondom Sadly, it's bugged. I forgot to uncheck one flag while I was doing bug-testing... T_T It's 2nd variant works, though. It's the same event, but starts a bit differently (undressed instead of dressed), so you don't lose much. Sorry!

menatv This event is just a joke :p All 3 choices lead to the same outcome. Although what JustAl said is partially true, because one of the initial concepts was about talking freely with NPCs during events, but we quickly scrapped the idea as hassle was much greater than gains.

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
You weren't kidding about the LOOOOOOONG wall of text :KEK:

I like the CH idea, it's exactly the middle ground we needed. As for the new character angle, I knew you had plans for cut-in views, but it obviously sounds expensive to make, so tread lightly. Inflation is hitting hard everywhere, and it doesn't seem like the best time to spend a lot of money, if you yourself struggle to make ends meet.

Instead, better X-ray, more sex positions, smoother sex animations would save a lot of development time, money, and effort... and relatively easier to achieve too.

Get well soon Unaware!

• Red Heart

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
You weren't kidding about the LOOOOOOONG wall of text :KEK:

I like the CH idea, it's exactly the middle ground we needed. As for the new character angle, I knew you had plans for cut-in views, but it obviously sounds expensive to make, so tread lightly. Inflation is hitting hard everywhere, and it doesn't seem like the best time to spend a lot of money, if you yourself struggle to make ends meet.

Instead, better X-ray, more sex positions, smoother sex animations would save a lot of development time, money, and effort... and relatively easier to achieve too.

Get well soon Unaware!
I tend to avoid such long spams, because hardly anyone reads them and they consume a lot of time to write (I can't do it in a one go), but it's been a month since the last report, so some stuff piled up :p

I have partially done cut-ins, and got some assets from my artist already, but it's still far from finished. Here instead of the great inflation we got a new gov winning elections last year, and with the start of the new year it's always the best time to tax everything as hard as humanly possible ^^

Better X-Ray means buying new assets & re-making it from scratch (although it's not like it has a lot of art). Dunno though how spending more time on animations would save me development time :D But ye, gonna focus on what I can.

Cheers!

Aug 6, 2017
GentlyUsedCondom Sadly, it's bugged. I forgot to uncheck one flag while I was doing bug-testing... T_T It's 2nd variant works, though. It's the same event, but starts a bit differently (undressed instead of dressed), so you don't lose much. Sorry!
Does the second variant require you to undress fully then purchase a piece of clothing? If so, I bought everything in the shop when undressing, and when fully clothed and didn't get the other variant at all.

• Sad

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
GentlyUsedCondom Ok, now that's one of the most retarded things I've ever did in this project. Basically, I released v34c, started changing some stuff for v35, then I found out I forgot about one small thing, so quickly I re-built the game and overwrote v34c, but... by mass reverting stuff I changed for v35 in between the updates, I commented out one line of code that was responsible for the new feature (triggering events based on bought clothes)... And ye, I tested 2nd event variant on that 1st version of v34c... Sorry, I feel like an idiot T_T

taiuke Also sorry about that, as I was feeling like shit yesterday and forgot to release it. As far as I know, I can't automate it, so need to remember to release it manually. And it's better to contact me on itch.io/Discord regarding such issues.

taiuke

Jan 20, 2023
Mr. Unaware No worries. Waiting a few days is okey. I was just reading your wall o text and decided to check if it was up at the same time. I really never use itch io lol. The only game in my library is yours.

• Red Heart
Aug 6, 2017
GentlyUsedCondom Ok, now that's one of the most retarded things I've ever did in this project. Basically, I released v34c, started changing some stuff for v35, then I found out I forgot about one small thing, so quickly I re-built the game and overwrote v34c, but... by mass reverting stuff I changed for v35 in between the updates, I commented out one line of code that was responsible for the new feature (triggering events based on bought clothes)... And ye, I tested 2nd event variant on that 1st version of v34c... Sorry, I feel like an idiot T_T

Lol, ok, I'm over here going crazy just going back and forth constantly thinking I'm somehow completely misunderstanding the change.

• Hey there

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
taiuke Damn, now I really feel honored :D Thanks a lot, mate!

freedomfr What can I say except - you're welcome!

GentlyUsedCondom I know the pain and it's one of the reasons I entirely stopped beta testing new games, so that's even more why I feel ashamed by my stupidity. Anyway, just released v34d with a fix from my laptop.

Unaware in The City v34d is out on & &

Reactions: GentlyUsedCondom
Aug 6, 2017
Is the undressed event supposed to start whenever you purchase any clothing whatsoever? I've bought out the entire store on v34d and I'm only getting the enter grope event. Even stripped all clothing before buying and leaving after every purchase just in case.

• Sad

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
morozic12 Hey! Info is always on my Patreon and in game news section (requires internet connection to load). March 30th.

GentlyUsedCondom Ok, this time something corrupted upon building, and then it's become quite a mess with MEGA syncing files between PC & laptop (didn't use my laptop to build or upload anything in ages). Anyway, re-built and re-uploaded the game, again. It should all be good now (yes, downloaded the game and tested corrupted events, they work).

• Haha
Reactions: GentlyUsedCondom

oruamazuos

Feb 27, 2024
so, when I am starting the game the screen just gets dark, someone went trhough this problem?

I dowload the free version in patreon and the scree still going black

I deleted and did the download again but its not going through :( I was so excited because this exactly the kind game that I like

Last edited:
  • Sad

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
oruamazuos I believe the black screen problem and all performance problems got fixed in v34, so the game works much better now, thus I advise you to wait for the public release on March 30th. Although some people had to re-download the game dozen of times to get it work... Dunno why it happens in older versions, though.

oruamazuos

Feb 27, 2024
I fixed it, so everytime that I was extracting the file, there were a couple of files that were showing errors in the extraction because it was "Too long", I created a folder called "Install" and extracted the file from the downloads and select this folder to extract, and worked, I am loving the game, the best one so far that I have played, please keep the good work excited to see more in the future

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
oruamazuos You're telling me you totally ignored an error multiple times and still tried to unpack it? :D Thanks for the heads up; I'll bear it in mind if someone encounters the black screen issue. Cheers!

DSM25 The best way would be by going east. Open map (M button) and look for it.

Reactions: Mr.AdtsGames01
3.50 star(s) 28 Votes