Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Thanks for the reply, Rick's extra says, Rick is a flatmate & is home & finished main events/ - (X) everything else is (V).
Rick is a flatmate and is home is true but event is still in red so I can only see "finished main events" to be false. I have noticed that other events don't repeat or trigger apart from peeping after going for tea with rick again, but I need more testing. Gonna try new save.
Hmm... Requirements are red for ALL of his events or only the home assaults? You could still trigger them despite not meeting requirements? Might be just a visual bug. Main events mean the tea event, so if you triggered it already, it should be enough. Anyway, I'll look into it for v37, thanks for reporting!

John Dane

May 21, 2018
Hmm... Requirements are red for ALL of his events or only the home assaults? You could still trigger them despite not meeting requirements? Might be just a visual bug. Main events mean the tea event, so if you triggered it already, it should be enough. Anyway, I'll look into it for v37, thanks for reporting!
in the event thing all of them are red except for peeping event in shower and tea, because of this I couldn't progress. The rest of the content is home assaults I believe which doesn't even trigger for me now after once. Once the black mail with phone happens, home assault triggers for once. after that it doesn't trigger or progress. I tried again with new save this time I only got the bath assault then nothing. I didn't know if there any other hidden stat requirement. Have good rep with Rick, he is flatmate and is in home. if the main event is tea event then it triggers multiple times that's it. Thanks, I will try other available content for now.

Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
John Dane But if literally ALL events are red to you, then you shouldn't be able to trigger the tea event, right? Also, it shouldn't trigger anymore once Jane agrees to drink. Ye, seems a bit bugged and will be fixed. Cheers!

uitc steam promo.jpg

Wishlist Unaware in The City on Steam!

Apr 22, 2022
Configurable Cheats Mod
For anybody interested in the cheats + additional dev features or who hates the grind in this game.
Last Tested: v35a

I see no reason to lock cheats behind a paywall.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
1. Download the mod
2. Throw the files inside of the zip into the game folder
3. Launch the game and press F1 to configure what you want. Always Restart the game afterwards!
3. Enjoy the game without grind or being fleeced from the patreon

Download
Source Code (New Mod)
(Old Patcher)

WARNING: Bugs and issues caused by this modification should not be reported to the dev!
I just want to use in game character editor to make her ass bigger but whenever I try to, nothing happens. Please help and thank you.

fdiscodude

Feb 19, 2018
Is it me or is this game just really boring? None of the lewd scenes are really that satisfying, kind of like they were all an afterthought. Idk, im sure a lot of work went into this, and I like the idea, but im just bored with the execution. Nothing really feels weighty, hard to describe the vibes I get from a game. Not throwing shade, im a picky bitch to satisfy lol

Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
John Dane Deathtrooper246 Yep, confirmed, found the culprit, really stupid mistake from my side while mass editing events (I've added an empty requirement). Will be fixed in v37. Thanks for reporting!

Sekteshy Impossible on the current engine version, and that's one of the reasons why I'm releasing an engine update in December.

fdiscodude It really depends on what are you looking for in the game, although one man's trash is another man's treasure :p Dunno if you tried similar games, like Insexsity, and what are your thoughts about it. But I'm fully aware there's no such thing as a game that can please everyone, although I'm still working on changing & expanding core game aspects. Maybe the December version will be more to your taste.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Is it me or is this game just really boring? None of the lewd scenes are really that satisfying, kind of like they were all an afterthought. Idk, im sure a lot of work went into this, and I like the idea, but im just bored with the execution. Nothing really feels weighty, hard to describe the vibes I get from a game. Not throwing shade, im a picky bitch to satisfy lol
Although I like the game, I've played other games and can try to approximate the reason why the sex art feels like a dud here.

To me, I'm satisfied with a "paper doll" system (easily-modifiable bodies) to the degree that I can forgive a character feeling "flat and bland" if I like a character's identity and backstory enough that their visual depiction is compensated for by the kinky subtext of their history and unique persona.

However, the consequence of an easily-modifiable paper doll system is that art needs to be very uniform and fit into place for a lot of customization, which reduces the number of positions due to the number of art assets being functionally smaller for duplicating more-or-less a generic human body's specific customizations. So sex doesn't happen in some positions or at some angles, and depending on how rigid it all feels, it is not so lifelike and looks robotic.

On the other side of the pond, one character (who might not even look very great) otherwise has no variety in their look to choose from. You get a single character, which hurts audience taste preferences by how much they jive with the one protagonist's look. However this person has a ton of art, with lots of poses, and even flourishes like clothing and skin deformation, in-depth face expressions, really top-notch voice acting since one voice actor was kept onboard to do so much unique stuff for one single character. This character feels really lively!

Somewhere midway, there's the middle spectrum - a group of unique people. The development effort budget is still the same, so it's a mix of benefits and problems of the 2 extremes: you have more characters to appeal to the audience, but they're not so amazing. Voice acting's pretty alright, though each character feels uncannily shallow. Each character has unique poses, but none of them have all of the poses. You get a wider variety of personality to experience, but players may still feel like they lost the chance for something unique they'd really love instead of something that feels just good enough. So here you get more variety and more depth than paper doll clones, but weaker personalization. And maybe the character you really like is so shallow they effectively don't exist.

If I had to estimate what attributes you're trying to balance in development by choosing one of these 3 character focuses, you're balancing story, art, and player-ownership. You want characters you can love, art that feels amazing, voice acting that feels emotive, and player compatibility that makes players feel like they can solve any problem the exact way they want to, with the cool flourish they want, with a character that matches who they want to see and experience.

How I feel about this game depends on my mentality towards these aspects. The versatile self really loves making a new playthrough feel like a new person and new game. The art lover self feels happy with the colors and shapes but dissatisfied with a certain sterileness of what choice sacrifices where lack-of-choice feasts. The visceral self really enjoys gaming the traits and interactable stuff to loot and thrive, though I wish the sex art had that sexy oomph and flourish, and sometimes being a townie feels boring compared to being an adventurer or fighter, if only because of the slower pace.

This game's alright. Most things take a lot of work though some generic stuff is actually low-effort, like blood type. If you had enough time and talent you could do it all, but time is money, so the less money to be made from spending time on this the less anyone would want to work on it. Hiring a partner is stupid risky too, they need to have high motivation and tight focus to make the time and money loss result in progress worth those costs.

Sekteshy

Apr 5, 2022
John Dane Deathtrooper246 Yep, confirmed, found the culprit, really stupid mistake from my side while mass editing events (I've added an empty requirement). Will be fixed in v37. Thanks for reporting!

Sekteshy Impossible on the current engine version, and that's one of the reasons why I'm releasing an engine update in December.

fdiscodude It really depends on what are you looking for in the game, although one man's trash is another man's treasure :p Dunno if you tried similar games, like Insexsity, and what are your thoughts about it. But I'm fully aware there's no such thing as a game that can please everyone, although I'm still working on changing & expanding core game aspects. Maybe the December version will be more to your taste.
Ok, thanks for the answer :)

Gamerd505

Feb 27, 2024
Annoying thing about rick he keeps resetting i cant finish the proposal quest
-Edit i finally did it but it reset

Last edited:

fdiscodude

Feb 19, 2018
I have, and the game was a massive disappointment. Focused on nothing fun while wasting time on things that didn't make the game better. But it wasn't a question for you, you're the most biased person here in this regard.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
fdiscodude and Mr. Unaware, in reference to my previous post relating to how this game's art feels to players I recommend an optional art addition after everything else looks done: close-up paper doll scenes. Before I begin, this will take significant time and effort and can reasonably be left to the game's sequel instead of the current game.

The current paper doll system works well for putting characters in the world, and it is servicable for making action happen. You have body, face, clothes, joints, and you can pose those for sex scenes. It's functional.

However, there is a certain truth that games that specialize in extended choice through uniformity can have art that doesn't feel dynamic enough. In that respect, a mid-way option that falls between unique character and paper doll appears: standardizing a detailed scene to have versatile parts which map to the parts the standard world model uses. A hentai game already exists which does this: Wings of Roldea. However, Wings of Roldea makes a concession to make this feasible: the character is stripped to underclothes-only details right as the scene starts.

So how does this work as a process flow and how can this be adapted to Unaware games? In WoR, when the player character reaches a critical health level (or springs a certain kind of trap), a brief static pop-up scene shows the character has lost their clothes, rendering them naked except for minor accessories and underclothes details. If the player is attacked by an eligible enemy in this vulnerable state, the detailed scene for the sex for this event shows in a pop-up window. In that respect it maps well - small sprite model for the character on the field, standing portrait model to the right of the screen to see the character's full body, and high-detailed art in a window that appears when the scene starts, by default placed over the standing character model but configurable to appear elsewhere too.

So how about an Unaware game, what is the feasibility and flow?

We have the world model, though it is actually more detailed, which when considering budget of effort feels less feasible for this approach since the point of detailed character world models is to see the sex in-the-world on the same plane as gameplay instead of in an isolated window. However that doesn't prohibit detailed scene dolls, it just makes it very gratuitous on the effort cost and final art side. This can make the art excellent, but not cheap.

By default, WoR compromised for feasibility by stripping the character first so the high-detail doll does not need art for clothes. Unaware games are already high on art effort so we can accept this concession too for the times it would apply to a scene. However looking how the game treats clothing now, there aren't many times the character is actually in only their underclothes. A lot of action happens on the streets or suddenly during life situations, so the protagonist just isn't naked very often for this compromise to be effective if this kind of art style is common. However for the bedroom scene with the landlord and other special times when your character actively prepares to or agrees to a sex scene, it's very justifiable. Although Mr. Unaware did put in choices for some scenes where the male character strips the female protagonist, so it's a justifiable addition to those times too.

Past the feasibility considerations above, the flow is simple: event leads to sex, and if the protagonist has stripped their top-level clothes, making a detailed scene doll for a pop-up scene is feasible. So you get those perks of deeper face expressions, a sense of skin moistness, bouncing, deforming, etc without having to commit to making as much art as you would need if the characters looked that detailed all the time.

But again, this is all purely optional. It does help make the art feel more visceral though, which can satisfy people who are more used to visual satisfaction on screen than reading summarized details and enhancing them with imagination.

• Hey there
Reactions: Ifllslonly

Auro9977

Oct 20, 2023
Configurable Cheats Mod
For anybody interested in the cheats + additional dev features or who hates the grind in this game.
Last Tested: v35a

I see no reason to lock cheats behind a paywall.

Installation:
1. Download the mod
2. Throw the files inside of the zip into the game folder
3. Launch the game and press F1 to configure what you want. Always Restart the game afterwards!
3. Enjoy the game without grind or being fleeced from the patreon

Download
Source Code (New Mod)
(Old Patcher)

WARNING: Bugs and issues caused by this modification should not be reported to the dev!
whenever i press f1, it doesn't let me open anything. but after i experimented around, i found out that fn+f1 works. but once the menu opens, the entire game just closes. do you have a solution for this problem?

Darkrift411

May 6, 2019
It's not just money, nearly everything is 4B except where float is needed.
Yeah it's kinda grindy.

Well, here is my first version.
It is a Cheat Table for Cheat Engine ( ) - also on Github ( - yes CE and the table are open source to know its safe to use - scan: . Its a well-known tool since 2008). In a nutshell: Get/start tool, load table/or attach and auto-load, hit enable and activate the wanted options.

Download 9.2

*NOTES:
  • Generally keeping saves before/after is advised. WARNING: you can break game events if you set items or stats you f.e. are yet not supposed to have!
  • v7: you can choose to either open a structure form to edit items there (for pure edit may easier to look at) or add them to the table (because only there you can freeze f.e.). Note: You can also add Items from structure to table individually (select those you want to add and hit "A" key). See second pic for usecase. Also no more stuff to do ingame, to get values!
  • On any questions quote or if I miss it pm/dm me.

Havent really tried it out yet to see if everything works, but just looking at the details you put into your how-to images is already impressive. I usually dont use tables and just find my own values to change, but for some games there are things I cant find, so I wanted to try this.

One suggestion, since windows 11 now supports auto changes apps to darkmode, I assume lots of users will be using CE in darkmode. This means that people who use tables with custom coloring that are not aimed at darkmode will have problems reading them:
1719374219764.png
So I was hoping that maybe you could either make it detect DM and use diff colors (Ive seen it done, so I know its possible, but no clue how) or have an option to not use custom colored text. Its not a big thing, but I am sure your darkmode fans will appreciate it.

3.50 star(s) 28 Votes