Bimbo Barbie

Mar 1, 2023
LOL. I dont take away from concerns. I do inform about ways to overcome limitations. You know being rather productive/helpfull. Speading fears is not helpful at all, was never, will never be. (I use dual boot and Linux at work the most btw. and know very much what I talk about, I dont see that in these posts of yours.) But since you can only know insults, I'v added you to my ignore list.
This is a stupid discussion. Feeling like a one eyed man in a land of the blind. If that makes any sense.
If any warning to you is immediate alarmism, then I don't know what to tell you. Trust your microsoft sources if that's what you consider "informing" people about how to deal with mcirosoft and technology risks.

And if you use dual-boot/MBR-concelment/VM's whatever none of it matters (you wanted some 'signs' I know my IT to legitimize obvious underappreciated concerns). Active RAM overflow, various MITRE attack vectors, bypassed ISO best practices, yadayada. You don't know zero-days, because they're zero-days. And if those zero-days are built-in by design to be exploited (which they are with mesh networks and by logical design to protect users it also implies we can't monitor the protocols that run to channel various data to various HQ's and end-users to run and collect specific data), then you have a persistent security risk (one they don't intend to fix for personal gains). If you like acting like understanding what an OS or a boot-sector is makes you an expert on all these risks... you should first google "Dunning-Kruger". That's you.
Being a glorified script-kiddie who can run a Linux terminal doesn't make you qualified to dismiss concerns from actual experts and insiders (says hi to Snowden and Asange here to add additional validity to my points, besides my points by themselves being accurate and need no explanation if you actually understand IT-infrastructure and enterprise architecture).

Btw. I don't think I insulted you. I stated logical results of actions, and how I would interpret those. That you feel insulted is a you problem. It hurts to be wrong, but we grow by dealing with our mistakes. But that's probably an insult too. But feel free to hide... (since you 'block me' after 1 response to your nonsense lol) I would be scared of insults too if being wrong feels like a nail driven through the heart. I don't have these issues. I'm educating myself and like challenges. Sometimes you also just need to be pointed out what an idiot you really are for being counterproductive parrots.

Final notice. If you think VPN's protect your anonimity or privacy against your own government, or you believe software protects you against the platforms you run them on... you are not qualified to talk about IT (or legal implications of the exploitation of legal loopholes). I'll tell you now that terms of service doesn't allow you to mutilate (which is what you intend to say with 'disabling' features) the intended infrastructure of your OS (in case of windows, which is not open-source, is proprietary and is not explaining you everything about it's inner workings or long-term intended release train of features it's built to support), and that bypassing your local government privacy protection by re-routing your traffic through foreign servers does not protect your anonimity or privacy (which ironically is EXACTLY what makes your information available to your government by buying your data from foreign datafarms). That's the path of fools, who literally pay for their own stupidity and cling on to the illusion of security(often implanted in their brain by even more idiotic influencers they think are experts) because they are afraid of the harsh truth. Hence why you hide I suppose. Because "insults" like these hurt. You're senstive and unaccustomed to deal with security topics, let alone your own protection. So leave the "informing" to people who actually care and can take some punches for the cause... Yes, I considered your "informing" (read: infomercial with extra steps) counter-productive and harmfull disinformation to the benefit of 'our owners'. You know... the people creating the inorganic/unnatural infrastructure you bow down too. because they (for now) allow you to download free nudie pictures. over your pay-to-play VPN's. You're very security aware indeed. Obviously.
Not that I'm trying to promote paranoia in any capacity btw. I literally give two shits my government knows what a pervert I am. I'm a creation of my environment just like everyone else, and the government is full of psychopathic rapist warmongering human traffickers... I doubt they'd actually care unless I claimed to be christ.

Last edited:

huyt504

Feb 16, 2022
question : what happen when you transfer v35 save file to v36
also how do i stop the camera moving with the mouse its tripping me up

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
You don't have to live in a bunker. You simply stop using Windows, and learn about the hardware you use. Which is a large task for non-technical people. But if we don't take control of our infrastructure "others" will anyway.
It's not that, it's more me being skeptical about my ability to stop them from doing whatever they want regardless of my actions. If not clientside, then serverside.

McBrerbo

Jul 9, 2018
LOL. I dont take away from concerns. I do inform about ways to overcome limitations. You know being rather productive/helpfull. Speading fears is not helpful at all, was never, will never be. (I use dual boot and Linux at work the most btw. and know very much what I talk about, I dont see that in these posts of yours.) But since you can only know insults, I'v added you to my ignore list.
As a third party here, I don't see any direct insults on you anywhere, and I think you're conflating being wrong with being personally attacked. Slim down your ego a bit and open your mind to learning and discussion?

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
Progress Report #132 - Unaware in The City 2

View attachment 3727601
Wow that was a fun read. I can't even keep up with the amount of work that needs to be done before December. Props to you Unaware.

If I'm understanding this correctly, will this game become UITC2 when the update arrives? or will "this" 2D version of UITC remain as a standalone version?

In the meantime, I'll think of something to add to the world's immersion... but you can't go wrong with breaking the fourth wall.:Kappa:

• Red Heart

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
AOprinz Damn, it's the first time I'm hearing about my game freezing like that. Are you using some antivirus or 3rd party tools/cracks? Because such stuff most likely need a fix from your side, as some of your programs interfering with my game etc.

psijiic Haha, people usually whine that game is too hard, not too easy :D Back in the day it was much harder, now you would need to take multiple negative traits while creating character. In December I'll be adding difficulty settings and some gameplay changes to make it more accessible to newbies & veterans alike. And I like the idea of Jane getting robbed. Cheers!

johnyakuza1 I've been thinking about adding some "fight them off" option after training at the gym or unlocking it via traits etc. as an addition to the pepper spray, but I'm not sure if I'm not too lazy to extend every pepper spray scene with new choice and dialogue :p If we end up with 20 pepper spray usable scenes, it's 20 bonus dialogues & choices for that trait as well.

Regarding 2nd comment, I'm glad that you actually read & enjoyed my spam :D It was much more chaotic than usual, because I wanted to write it as fast as possible, and I forgot to mention a lot of stuff as well, like your question precisely. UiTC1 will keep getting new sex scenes until around v40-v42 (September-November), depending how ugly and time consuming things get with UiTC2, and then no more content for UiTC1 and we fully focus on UiTC2. Despite re-using old locations and many dialogues, there will be so many changes and additions that it won't feel the same. If I can easily port some UiTC2 features into UiTC1, I will also do it, because why not? And new sex scenes for UiTC1 will also be released for UiTC2, so we will be doing only something that fits both games and that won't require us to re-do it from scratch. The beginning and the end are always the biggest nightmare in the game dev, and then I'll have a 2nd kid in August, so I'm pumping like crazy right now to get as much done, because I'm not sure how things gonna slow from my side once my son is born. Cheers!

Asuka Almost every unique NPC has some content, so Kevin, Bald guys, Jack, Albert, Ben, Rick, Jeff, Kyle, Max, Braun and random stuff like brothel, glory hole, thugs and so on.

huyt504 Saves are always compatible with new updates (unless stated otherwise in the changelog), so you can safely use your v35 save in v36. Just never jump multiple versions with your saves, like from v34 to v36, coz first you need to update it to v35 and save again, then to v36 and save etc. Regarding camera, middle mouse button changes camera behavior, and I have no idea why it wouldn't let you do it otherwise.

McBrerbo I'm not following or joining their conversation, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the guy call him at least an "idiot". Although I don't know what people nowadays consider an insult. I guess it's just me being old... :confused:

John Dane

May 21, 2018
what is Ricks main event? Is Rick event all bugged? I can't seems to trigger Rick's events other than tea drug. v36
Rick blackmail already happened and all other events except peeping are all red.

Last edited:

NeotorchwickNeo

Oct 27, 2023
Configurable Cheats Mod
For anybody interested in the cheats + additional dev features or who hates the grind in this game.
Last Tested: v35a

I see no reason to lock cheats behind a paywall.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
1. Download the mod
2. Throw the files inside of the zip into the game folder
3. Launch the game and press F1 to configure what you want. Always Restart the game afterwards!
3. Enjoy the game without grind or being fleeced from the patreon

Download
Source Code (New Mod)
(Old Patcher)

WARNING: Bugs and issues caused by this modification should not be reported to the dev!
how do i install this before i mess up my computer?

• Haha
Reactions: johnyakuza1

GeneticYael

Jan 29, 2024
Cuz everyone else is being a pussy and not uploading their save, here's mine:
- Kinky Nympho
- Ben as Boyfriend
- Max reputation with many factions
- Slut background
- All clothes unlocked(?)
- Did not start work quest line yet, so don't have to show up to work every day
- All traits unlocked
- Many stats are maxed

Not 100% as that is impossible, but it's close I'd say. Focus on getting Perks and missing Events if you want it to be even closer.

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
johnyakuza1 I've been thinking about adding some "fight them off" option after training at the gym or unlocking it via traits etc. as an addition to the pepper spray, but I'm not sure if I'm not too lazy to extend every pepper spray scene with new choice and dialogue :p If we end up with 20 pepper spray usable scenes, it's 20 bonus dialogues & choices for that trait as well.
Yes, it'd be too much work when you already have so much on your plate. What I had in mind was just one specific event that only occurs in dangerous places (like the red-light alleyway) where Jane gets robbed at gunpoint or knife, whichever is easier to implement.

The event is more about the multiple choices it would offer to the player, like giving up money, or talking your way out of it using charm, or paying off with your body, and if Jane is fit, she can try to fight them off.

Of course, there are no game overs in UITC or making the dumb choice would obviously get Jane killed... but at least it could lead to Jane ending up in the hospital, that's for sure.:Kappa:

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
I wonder what is the difference between UiTC_v36a and v36c. (just is "a" and "c"?)
v36a, b, c, d etc. are minor bugfixes between versions, basically, usually fixed after they get reported on the discord unless they're close to a new version release (v37 in this case) in which case they're rolled into that release instead.

Bimbo Barbie

Mar 1, 2023
It's not that, it's more me being skeptical about my ability to stop them from doing whatever they want regardless of my actions. If not clientside, then serverside.
That's a valid statement, if you don't take neccesary precautions to obfuscate your identity online.
It's called a 'defeatist mentality'. It's amongst the ranks of saying 'I have nothing to hide'.
But anyways, whatever... wasting my time.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
That's a valid statement, if you don't take neccesary precautions to obfuscate your identity online.
It's called a 'defeatist mentality'. It's amongst the ranks of saying 'I have nothing to hide'.
But anyways, whatever... wasting my time.
Hey, don't put words in my mouth, i have and continue to have taken measures to protect my identity and presence online.

But short of burying my computer in a 30 ft hole in the middle of nowhere and go dark in a bunker on the other side of the continent, i am aware that anything i do online can be traced back to me by someone that is knowledgeable, powerful and/or resourceful enough. It's not defeatist to be aware of the possibility that, despite my precautions, i am not immune to having my precautions breached. And there are a LOT of people out there who know more about computers than i do.

• Haha
Reactions: johnyakuza1

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
I can see that F95 staff purged a big chunk of the thread, including my posts where I answered multiple people's questions, so... Looks like the people who accused me of reporting uncomfortable comments decided to report and delete everything themselves instead. GG, lads :)

John Dane Rick's main storyline is when he asks if Jane wants to drink tea with him. After that event you will unlock multiple events in her home. You need to check what you are still missing to trigger Rick's events.

GeneticYael Honestly, as there's no reminiscence room, sharing saves means skipping part of the game, so it's a kinda weird thing to do, and that's why nobody does it. Low or high stats also affects some dialogues/events, so maxing them out instantly also isn't a way to go.

johnyakuza1 Regarding getting mugged, I was thinking about something like in Baldur's Gate 2 travelling - you had a chance to be attacked while travelling between specific places, and it would put you in some bonus location for the purpose of the encounter. Another change I want to do is making RLD Alley a dead end rather than a transition between locations, so you could trigger mentioned mugging event in multiple places, and it would make more sense to script special abilities/traits for it this way. Also, my game is already pretty dark, so I have no intention of making it even darker by adding stuff as random death or getting beaten up so badly that Jane could end up in hospital. Although getting robbed sounds good. I am in the middle of re-designing gameplay loop and core mechanics, while still trying to keep original game's spirit. More info in the next progress report. Cheers!

3.50 star(s) 28 Votes