Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
Wait, the upcoming one is another rework when the last one was also rework?? Prior even to that I recall having to restart this game at least 3 times due to "reworks breaking saves."

Ffs, this dev has to learn to push to shore with what he's got rather than just going around in circles trying to swim better or this game is complety sunk.

Judging by the huge decline in this thread's activity compared to what is was in the early day, there's hardly any fans left as it is.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Wait, the upcoming one is another rework when the last one was also rework?? Prior even to that I recall having to restart this game at least 3 times due to "reworks breaking saves."

Ffs, this dev has to learn to push to shore with what he's got rather than just going around in circles trying to swim better or this game is complety sunk.

Judging by the huge decline in this thread's activity compared to what is was in the early day, there's hardly any fans left as it is.
those prev. restarts were prolly minor reworks or due renpy version changes.

LIsexAddict

Jun 21, 2017
From Funny Desires :

Dear Members,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to provide you with an update on the progress of the rework of UL.

I'm pleased to inform you that I've successfully completed the rework, and the project is now in a much better state. However, as I moved on to implement the gallery feature, I encountered a significant issue with the gallery replay function in Ren'Py. It appears that during gallery replay, Ren'Py doesn't remember labels or points, causing the replay to end prematurely.

To resolve this issue and make the gallery feature fully functional, I would need to modify the scripts extensively. This, however, would be a time-consuming task and might delay the release of the rework and new content.

I'm seeking your opinion on how to proceed from here. Please take a moment to share your thoughts by participating in the following poll:

1. Modify the Scripts: I can invest the time and effort required to modify the scripts and make the gallery feature work as intended. This will need to be done once, but it would delay the release. (In the future, I will code the scripts accordingly.)
  2. Skip the Gallery Feature: We can choose to skip the gallery feature altogether for now, allowing me to focus on completing the new content and ensuring a timely release of the rework. (If in the future it's decided to add the gallery again, it would need a new start for early scenes.)
  3. Leave it for Later: I can temporarily set the gallery feature aside and prioritize completing the new content. Once that's done, I can return to fixing the gallery feature without delaying the rework's release. (Would still need a fresh start as the old scripts would be modified.)
While we are making a poll again, I wanted to touch base regarding our previous discussions about the release strategy for the reworked content.

As per our previous communications, the plan is to release both the reworked content and the new content together. However, given the recent developments with the gallery feature and the potential delays in ensuring its functionality, I wanted to revisit this decision.

1. Release Reworked Content First: I can release the reworked content separately as soon as it's ready. This would allow me to deliver a polished version of the existing content to our patrons without further delay.
  2. Release Reworked and New Content Together: I can maintain the original plan and release both the reworked and new content together, even if it means waiting until the gallery feature is fully functional.
Please cast your vote or provide any additional comments or suggestions you may have in the reply section.

Best regards,

Funny Desires

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
gallery? who needs it?

reworked and new would be better but either way.

LIsexAddict

Jun 21, 2017
Here is the poll results:

Dear Members,
I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to provide you with an update on the progress of the rework of UL.
I'm pleased to inform you that I've successfully completed the rework, and the project is now in a much better state. However, as I moved on to implement the gallery feature, I encountered a significant issue with the gallery replay function in Ren'Py. It appears that during gallery replay, Ren'Py doesn't remember labels or points, causing the replay to end prematurely.
To resolve this issue and make the gallery feature fully functional, I would need to modify the scripts extensively. This, however, would be a time-consuming task and might delay the release of the rework and new content.
I'm seeking your opinion on how to proceed from here. Please take a moment to share your thoughts by participating in the following poll:
  1. Modify the Scripts: I can invest the time and effort required to modify the scripts and make the gallery feature work as intended. This will need to be done once, but it would delay the release. (In the future, I will code the scripts accordingly.)
  2. Skip the Gallery Feature: We can choose to skip the gallery feature altogether for now, allowing me to focus on completing the new content and ensuring a timely release of the rework. (If in the future it's decided to add the gallery again, it would need a new start for early scenes.)
  3. Leave it for Later: I can temporarily set the gallery feature aside and prioritize completing the new content. Once that's done, I can return to fixing the gallery feature without delaying the rework's release. (Would still need a fresh start as the old scripts would be modified.)
While we are making a poll again, I wanted to touch base regarding our previous discussions about the release strategy for the reworked content.
As per our previous communications, the plan is to release both the reworked content and the new content together. However, given the recent developments with the gallery feature and the potential delays in ensuring its functionality, I wanted to revisit this decision.
  1. Release Reworked Content First: I can release the reworked content separately as soon as it's ready. This would allow me to deliver a polished version of the existing content to our patrons without further delay.
  2. Release Reworked and New Content Together: I can maintain the original plan and release both the reworked and new content together, even if it means waiting until the gallery feature is fully functional.
Please cast your vote or provide any additional comments or suggestions you may have in the reply section.
Best regards,
Funny Desires

Modify the Scripts 5

Skip the Gallery Feature 8

Leave it for Later (When some experienced coder joins me) 46

Release Reworked Content First 12

Release Reworked and New Content Together 10

Poll ended Sep 30, 2023 · 81 votes total

thebowkid

Mar 12, 2018
Any examples of this rework? Like how far does it go, start to finish? Even late-game animations in version 0.11 are extremely rough, so I am curious as to what is the new standard to justify doing this instead of just continuing the story.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Any examples of this rework? Like how far does it go, start to finish? Even late-game animations in version 0.11 are extremely rough, so I am curious as to what is the new standard to justify doing this instead of just continuing the story.
more or less valid guess : from start to current end.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
I know .... I mean until it will land here ^^
You're not missing much with .12a, to be honest.
A few more scenes (quick and dirty renders) to retcon story develoement, no new stuff worth mentioning.
Text flow is still not formatted properly - quite a few scenes are missing who speaks or thinks the lines. Context helps, but it just feels sloppy.
Don't get me wrong, it still triggers all the dominant Alpha / power trip fantasies the game stands for, but there isn't really new content worth investing playtime with that version.

LIsexAddict

Jun 21, 2017

Show less
As you know, I recently conducted a poll to gather your thoughts and opinions on the direction of UL.
The poll results are in, and here's what you can expect from this release:
  1. Reworked Content: I've been hard at work reworking a significant portion of the project, addressing your concerns and suggestions. I hope that this rework of UL meets and exceeds your expectations.
  2. Replay Gallery Function: Based on your feedback, I've decided to keep the replay gallery function as is. I understand that many of you enjoy revisiting your favorite moments, and I'm here to make that experience as enjoyable as possible. (But remember, the dialogues might be different from your play-through.)
Now, I want to hear from you. Your feedback is invaluable to me. If you come across any bugs, glitches, or any other issues while enjoying the release, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Change Log:
Please don't be confused; the main menu image still displays version 0.11. I haven't updated it since this release has been reworked, and there is no new content in it.
Total New/Reworked Renders = 787
DOWNLOADS: (If you face any problems or bugs, let me know about them.)
If you have a problem reading the text in the dialogues, then delete *y_outline.rpy* & *y_outline.rpyc* in the "game" folder.
(Original size: 6.02GB):
Window/Linux:

Mac:
Compressed (Reduced quality):
Window/Linux:

Mac: -
Android (Universal APK):

BDI

May 23, 2017

Show less
As you know, I recently conducted a poll to gather your thoughts and opinions on the direction of UL.
  1. Reworked Content: I've been hard at work reworking a significant portion of the project, addressing your concerns and suggestions. I hope that this rework of UL meets and exceeds your expectations.
  2. Replay Gallery Function: Based on your feedback, I've decided to keep the replay gallery function as is. I understand that many of you enjoy revisiting your favorite moments, and I'm here to make that experience as enjoyable as possible. (But remember, the dialogues might be different from your play-through.)
Now, I want to hear from you. Your feedback is invaluable to me. If you come across any bugs, glitches, or any other issues while enjoying the release, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Change Log:
Please don't be confused; the main menu image still displays version 0.11. I haven't updated it since this release has been reworked, and there is no new content in it.
If you have a problem reading the text in the dialogues, then delete *y_outline.rpy* & *y_outline.rpyc* in the "game" folder.
Window/Linux:
MEGA
Mac: MEGA
Window/Linux:
MEGA
Mac: - MEGA
Android (Universal APK): MEGA
How about other choices other than MEGA?

Reactions: Crofty

Aqua888

Jan 10, 2023

Show less
Change Log:
Window/Linux:
MEGA
Window/Linux:
MEGA
Thanks a lot dude

masterdc1976

Feb 25, 2021

Show less
Change Log:
Window/Linux:
MEGA
Window/Linux:
MEGA
seems to be version 11

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes