3.80 star(s) 14 Votes

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the feedback, honestly I'm still learning quite alot while doing... There's alot of mistakes I know how to avoid in the future. So for my next game I wont repeat those mistakes. Maybe you'll like that one maybe not...
I'm rooting for you. :) I'm sure the game will get better and better over time.

Reactions: Silk_Ari

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
When I try to do the damn phone thing to reset relationship, it wants to start from the begining again...
YOU CAN ONLY RESET RELATIONSHIPS IF YOU STARTED A NEW GAME AFTER VERSION V4R... YOU CANT CONTINUE AN OLD SAVE (PRIOR TO V4R) AND RESET RELATIONSHIPS . YOU MUST START FROM THE BEGINNING... THEN AND ONLY AFTER THEN CAN YOU RESET RELATIONSHIPS. RELATIONSHIPS MUST BE SET FROM THE START OF THE GAME.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
SAME THING WITH THE INCEST PATCH. IT WILL ONLY WORK WITH A VERSION (R). YOU MUST START A NEW GAME FROM VERSION 4R or 5R THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL THE PATCH WORK. OLDER SAVES FROM PRIOR VERSIONS (THAT ARE NOT R) WONT WORK!

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Try putting the text through something like Grammarly or Microsoft word, then transfer via copy/paste to avoid a lot of mistakes.

As an aside, you can use the multi quote system on the site so you can only make 1 post to talk to multiple people and can give a single answer to similar asked questions.

In your next game, maybe try out some character writing.

A lot of the words/language used in UHA is shared between all the characters, which can happen in real life since we pick up a lot of habits from those whom are close to us, but it helps make a story more interesting when you can easily tell apart whom is talking just by words used.

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
did you follow the walkthrough? If you did you should be able to get the step ladder? I don;'t understand why you couldn't. Maybe post your save so I can see what's happening.
No I didn't follow the walkthrough, but allocated points initially as suggested. I try to avoid them unless I am stuck or just trying to revisit content I might have missed. Attached is the save. It looks like I should grab the step ladder, but I can't and nothing else has any actions except the three locked bedrooms. None of the actions result in forward progress though.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
No I didn't follow the walkthrough, but allocated points initially as suggested. I try to avoid them unless I am stuck or just trying to revisit content I might have missed. Attached is the save. It looks like I should grab the step ladder, but I can't and nothing else has any actions except the three locked bedrooms. None of the actions result in forward progress though.
Yep, I know what the problem is, and I apologize. It has to do with your Sleuth Ability. The sleuth ability is really the one ability you should always be maxing out first, still it's on me to be able to progress and not get stuck, I'll fix that as soon as I can, thanks for pointing it out.

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
Yep, I know what the problem is, and I apologize. It has to do with your Sleuth Ability. The sleuth ability is really the one ability you should always be maxing out first, still it's on me to be able to progress and not get stuck, I'll fix that as soon as I can, thanks for pointing it out.
Appreciate it and glad it wasn't something simple I missed. I think I allocated based off what I knew I needed to be able to do. Can't connect the cam, add another point to hacker, etc. I hadn't hit a sleuth wall so wasn't in a rush to max it out.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Appreciate it and glad it wasn't something simple I missed. I think I allocated based off what I knew I needed to be able to do. Can't connect the cam, add another point to hacker, etc. I hadn't hit a sleuth wall so wasn't in a rush to max it out.
Yeah, sorry, Ill make sure that points wont hinder your ability to progress, only your ability to see certain scenes or affect certain choices...as it should.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Just a quick note, I'm back from vacation and am looking into bugs and stuff. So this week, I'm going to use it to purely test, test, test. So by the end of the week I will release V5.5R - IF YOU HAD NO ISSUES DON'T BOTHER DOWNLOADING V5.5R. Chapter 6R will have all fixes and you'll just be able to continue from your last save.
Chapter 6 progress tracker and schedule will be announced by the end of the week also, Off the top of my head, I'd have to say Chapter 6 will be released between July 31st and August 5th.

Last edited:

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
tried to get step ladder but wont highlight
Let me give you a tip, always max out the sleuth ability first. The sleuth ability will allow you to find stuff to boost your points. If you do this ONE thing you will always have enough points to progress. Use the minigame for sleuth points. Secondly, check progress on your phone, you will see it almost always says what you need to progress, for example it might say (Sleuth lvl 3).

To get the step ladder:
You will need sleuth level 3. Then you need to have found the bathroom cam, go on dad's computer, check the file in the recycle bin (You need hacker lvl 1). Then go to your computer and connect to webcams.

Reactions: johnelros
Sep 25, 2017
Got Sleuth 3, hacker 3, got the wbcam working but I can still not use the step ladder in the garage even though it tells me to do so in my "progress".

Kinda jammed here.

Update : Ok found the "bug". You have to open the bedroom 1 using the lockpick, once you're in, you use SLEUTH 2 to search and you find a new ability called ITEM+ which lets you equip an item to use for searching, like a step-ladder. Then go to the garage and the item will be highlighted in pink.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017
And also, I can't beat the chap 2 minigame. I beat him once in chapter 1 but now I miss all the time or I do 1-3 HP damage while he does 9-12 to me when he doesn't miss. I only have 21 HP.

UPDATE : After running around him many many time (dunno if it does anything really) and getting close to him (over him like the tile over him) I beat him. Then went to chap 3 minigame and beat it in one go using the same technique, dunno if it's anything to do with it but it did it for me.

Last edited:

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
And also, I can't beat the chap 2 minigame. I beat him once in chapter 1 but now I miss all the time or I do 1-3 HP damage while he does 9-12 to me when he doesn't miss. I only have 21 HP.

UPDATE : After running around him many many time (dunno if it does anything really) and getting close to him (over him like the tile over him) I beat him. Then went to chap 3 minigame and beat it in one go using the same technique, dunno if it's anything to do with it but it did it for me.
Nope, position has absolutely nothing to do with it, which character are you using? hit points are random, sometimes though, and this happens with RenPy, the random function glitches and will be stuck at returning the same value, so if you for example get a random hit point of 1, the damn thing will keep giving you the same value over and over... fortunately that's rare...if you;re having a really hard time like you did, it's a good idea to save, quit and restart the game to reset everything.

Sorry that happened to you.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Got Sleuth 3, hacker 3, got the wbcam working but I can still not use the step ladder in the garage even though it tells me to do so in my "progress".

Kinda jammed here.

Update : Ok found the "bug". You have to open the bedroom 1 using the lockpick, once you're in, you use SLEUTH 2 to search and you find a new ability called ITEM+ which lets you equip an item to use for searching, like a step-ladder. Then go to the garage and the item will be highlighted in pink.
yeah, that's something that has been brought to my attention, I'm actually working on a fix to be able to skip it...this isnt a bug per se, you just need sleuth level 3 and to search your room for the lockpick.. It says in progress menu (Sleuth Lvl3), In progress if you see a sleuth Lvl, it means you need to search for something at that level. Im also going to fix some other bugs and correct spelling for version 0.5.5 which I'll release by the end of the week.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 14 Votes