• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Under the Moonlight [v0.3] [M.C Games]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
ahhhh Id forgotten the joys, I say, of repetitious instances of to say the least, to put it that way, for that matter lol
knew the name 'mystic' was familiar but now I remember why lol

Last edited:

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
While I appreciate the work that has gone into creating a custom aesthetic for the game, I really have to point out that whenever Devs try to make their own in game menu systems, they make just make UI objectively worse. There's no cohesion, I can't navigate from one menu to another, hell, I can't even switch back and forth between save and load menus. There's no exit button without either exiting fullscreen or going back to the main menu. And it's hard to tell saves apart because the circles don't show the full image. The mini-menu doesn't have a skip button.

The standard menu system used in most Ren'py games may be basic but it fucking works. It has everything you need where you need it and most things are a single click away.

On a personal preference side of things. Games in general need less internal dialogue, in my opinion. It's almost always empty text that slows or stalls conversations in a way that feels unnatural to text based dialogue that you get in VN's. That being said, I won't argue that there is a place for it. but I can't stand it being used in the middle of conversations. It breaks up the flow of dialogue and quite frankly I won't read it anymore and just button mash back to the actual conversation.

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Had this sat on my desktop for a while as was reading and catching up on other VNs and Oh what a fool i was for waiting so long to give it a 1st read.. Absolutly stunning novel.. i love the story premise as someone who loves pretty much anything ancient egypt anyway to find the reveals in this story was a very pleasant and attention grabbing hook.. cant wait to see more from this title and i havent even reached episode 2 yet lol

One critic i will say is the save windows.. i tend to build a page by page save window for each character or girl but the current one makes it near impossible as the allignment is so offside that you cant tell what scene it was that you saved making individual routes in the future a issue tracking.. id much prefer a basic save window where you can save normally whatever scene shot you was on to be able to reload exactly the point you wanted if backtracking

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
Interesting story, nice and unique renders and characters, but if I may say so, this VN would benefit from more warmth and a less words. Everything feels cold, dead-cold even from time to time, to the point that we have no empathy for any character, the same way that they show no empathy for the MC. One example: in all VNs I played, when a love interest gets killed, or dies from whatever reason, I feel something, sadness even, but here I felt nothing when Sharon got killed, she was nothing to me, just a boring character who was saying boring and cryptic things most of the time, trying to help the MC, but did she really help? Not much from my point of view, even her BJ was feeling cold and out of context, like if there had to be some kind of sex at one moment in the story to entertain the players. Eve seems nice and friendly and all, but even her feels cold most of the time. Let’s not talk about Olivia, Irina and Isabella, the coldest characters, they show no emotion, they talk like robots, blunt, and are even mean sometimes.

That’s my main criticism about this VN, how I personally feel it, almost all women are ice-cold and bossy for no reason, the MC did nothing to them to deserve such treatment. The only little pleasure I had so far is when Eve snapped at Olivia and said the total truth to her, that’s she’s a cold bitch to everyone and would need a good f*ck but won’t get any because of her attitude. Too bad there was no option to confirm it to her when she asked the question later in her car, I would have loved to tell her that all Eve said to her was damn on point.

On a personal preference side of things. Games in general need less internal dialogue, in my opinion. It's almost always empty text that slows or stalls conversations in a way that feels unnatural to text based dialogue that you get in VN's. That being said, I won't argue that there is a place for it. but I can't stand it being used in the middle of conversations. It breaks up the flow of dialogue and quite frankly I won't read it anymore and just button mash back to the actual conversation.
I did the same towards the end of this update, I skipped internal dialogues, they add nothing to the conversations anyway.

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes