• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Under the Moonlight [v0.3] [M.C Games]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Yeah !

Only one in all the Harem is a bit of a bummer though.

But if you're old enough you know "there can be only one"
I never named one only, I only named the most important one. :WeSmart: Given her particular background, polygamy is more than fine.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Big Horney Bull

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
I'm debating with myself already when it comes to UI, I'll probably be changing it honestly. This one is pain in the ass for me personally on multiple levels.

Well, that is a fair point. I'll change the text then on that particular field in next update. But yes, I've already answered and I'll repeat it again just in case someone bothers to look.

Yes. Christmas content is part of main story.

Thank you by the way, more than happy to hear you find the story up to your liking. The current, latest update that is, a lot of stuff happens as well. Somewhat picks up the pace from where it was.
Thanks for quick reply. Oh, I did read that the x-mas content was part of the story. It's just that many others in the community don't really care for seasonal content, and many users frown when ever a dev releases side content, that has nothing to do with moving the main story forward. So they will most likely just ignore that content, if it's not labelled that it has main story content.

And, for me my interest is that this is a new harem title, also a huge plus...with NONE of the controversial three letter content, or any of the similar content. (Which makes it more important for this project to succeed.)

I would also like to suggest, maybe try reviewing titles like My Dorm, or Grandmas House, and others...to see how those (first time successful) developers, set up their Gene and Developer notes sections during their audition stage (a chance to shine at first release...in order to gain community interest).

I can't stress it enough, that improving on this information could aid in better package presentation of your project (first impressions). Thus providing the best information with present and future content, and how it will be handled (will it be avoidable or not), can answer many of new interested users questions. And without the forms being continually flooded with repeated questions (saves your time replying, and avoids any troll's misinformation from becoming a shit show, which can ultimately affect a titles potential within the community.

The ultimate goal for most dev's is building a much bigger fan base, which can increase your chances of finding more paid subs...thus keeping your project afloat until it's completion. (…It doesn't hurt having an extra few grand a month coming in to supporting your extra efforts.)

• Crown
Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Thanks for quick reply. Oh, I did read that the x-mas content was part of the story. It's just that many others in the community don't really care for seasonal content, and many users frown when ever a dev releases side content, that has nothing to do with moving the main story forward. So they will most likely just ignore that content, if it's not labelled that it has main story content.

And, for me my interest is that this is a new harem title, also a huge plus...with NONE of the controversial three letter content, or any of the similar content. (Which makes it more important for this project to succeed.)

I would also like to suggest, maybe try reviewing titles like My Dorm, or Grandmas House, and others...to see how those (first time successful) developers, set up their Gene and Developer notes sections during their audition stage (a chance to shine at first release...in order to gain community interest).

I can't stress it enough, that improving on this information could aid in better package presentation of your project (first impressions). Thus providing the best information with present and future content, and how it will be handled (will it be avoidable or not), can answer many of new interested users questions. And without the forms being continually flooded with repeated questions (saves your time replying, and avoids any troll's misinformation from becoming a shit show, which can ultimately affect a titles potential within the community.

The ultimate goal for most dev's is building a much bigger fan base, which can increase your chances of finding more paid subs...thus keeping your project afloat until it's completion. (…It doesn't hurt having an extra few grand a month coming in to supporting your extra efforts.)

Thank you for the insight and your perspective on the said matter, however, I'll be blunt about it, I've spent far too much time here and in this community. At a point where I'm not exhausted but reached the point of ''I'm done''.

So my effort in threads here lately is at bare minimum, I come only to update it when I'm done with working on update, but aside of that I have no more energy or will to discuss or debate with anyone, least of all trolls as you've mentioned.

That being said, despite a quick scan, I'm unable to see what are you referring to when you're talking about developers notes. Eg: Grandmas House. Their notes are almost the same as mine, except that I have to constantly repeat in mine that I don't do NTR, cause it helps avoid the constant "NTR?" questions.

And yeah, I'd agree that is the ultimate goal. As for few extra grand... I'm already in such a minus that it doesn't mean much at this point. That's why I have SubscribeStar but... aiming for Steam.

Either way, not sure what kind of information you'd want me to provide regarding the said project. But if you can tell me what you think or need, or others would need for that matter, I'll do my best.

Reactions: firsttry51

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I love Anubis, finally someone told the MC to shut the fuck up !! Something I have been wishing since the moment I started this game.
Indeed, Anubis has low tolerance and patience. And he has redeeming features, I mean if you can bite through the first section. With CH1 Part 2, you can certainly see the changes happening. And that character is changing.

He shut the fucks up cause Anubis told him to, and he starts to speak less and think more, act as well cause Anubis made him think on shit.

Either way, glad you like Anubis at least. Grim but nice fella.

Reactions: Toxie.kiddo

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
Interesting, I agree with a few of the earlier posters at alot of this vn being a lesson in frustration(prologue and part 1). Questions that never get answered and brushed aside one way or another. 10 minute conversations that are just 2 renders for the entire time mouth open, mouth closed, arm up, arm down no change of pose or camera angle just 2 renders on repeat. Lacking any kind of emotion. At this point I was finding it hard to read everything without losing interest, conversations mostly were just questions avoided or not answered.

Olivia had mc at knife point and breaks into your home and holds you at gun point then tells you, you have anger problems which I found funny. I nearly had anger problems myself listening to them waffle on and get no where as indeed I felt alot of the time spent was just waffle, words for the sake of words during the prologue and part 1. This made what could have been so much more exciting rather boring. Still I had hope at this point that this could be a good story.

Speaking of the story it is very kinetic so far which is kind of understandable at this point, I dont think any choice I had had any influence other than the next line of text and that was few and far between. I didn't get a choice on the sexual content not that there was much of it but I have doubts that will be possible with certain girls given the story(speculation).

Girls like Bastet and Olivia I rather avoid at this point, I maybe prefer to not give them what they want if and when the time comes. I wanted to say no to Olivia's question if mc would sleep with her as she has been pretty bitchy but sadly that is not an option mc is in control of that which fueled my assumption that some or maybe all the girls would be forced because of the story. Had no choice on the tame interaction with Bastet either in the xmas part. The are no future tags so hopefully the gods are not fem dom types because I would want to avoid those, degradation and being controlled is a huge no no for me I am here for the entertainment not to be made to feel bad.

Then came part 2 finally the vibe changed somewhat and alot of my gripes with part 1 seemed less in my face, I was finally getting into the vn. Less waffle and less time spent watching 2 renders with some feeling of progression at last. So overall it seems to be moving in the right direction and the story should be interesting unlike alot of the copy paste vn's, I will be back for more to find out. (y)

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Interesting, I agree with a few of the earlier posters at alot of this vn being a lesson in frustration(prologue and part 1). Questions that never get answered and brushed aside one way or another. 10 minute conversations that are just 2 renders for the entire time mouth open, mouth closed, arm up, arm down no change of pose or camera angle just 2 renders on repeat. Lacking any kind of emotion. At this point I was finding it hard to read everything without losing interest, conversations mostly were just questions avoided or not answered.

Olivia had mc at knife point and breaks into your home and holds you at gun point then tells you, you have anger problems which I found funny. I nearly had anger problems myself listening to them waffle on and get no where as indeed I felt alot of the time spent was just waffle, words for the sake of words during the prologue and part 1. This made what could have been so much more exciting rather boring. Still I had hope at this point that this could be a good story.

Speaking of the story it is very kinetic so far which is kind of understandable at this point, I dont think any choice I had had any influence other than the next line of text and that was few and far between. I didn't get a choice on the sexual content not that there was much of it but I have doubts that will be possible with certain girls given the story(speculation).

Girls like Bastet and Olivia I rather avoid at this point, I maybe prefer to not give them what they want if and when the time comes. I wanted to say no to Olivia's question if mc would sleep with her as she has been pretty bitchy but sadly that is not an option mc is in control of that which fueled my assumption that some or maybe all the girls would be forced because of the story. Had no choice on the tame interaction with Bastet either in the xmas part. The are no future tags so hopefully the gods are not fem dom types because I would want to avoid those, degradation and being controlled is a huge no no for me I am here for the entertainment not to be made to feel bad.

Then came part 2 finally the vibe changed somewhat and alot of my gripes with part 1 seemed less in my face, I was finally getting into the vn. Less waffle and less time spent watching 2 renders with some feeling of progression at last. So overall it seems to be moving in the right direction and the story should be interesting unlike alot of the copy paste vn's, I will be back for more to find out. (y)

In a part, I will say that it was supposed to be frustrating. But as you've noted it yourself, it goes in a different direction and starts changing with part 2.

Regarding the renders of ''mouth open'', ''mouth close'' as you refer to it. I will half agree with that even, and the only reason is that given my experience with a lot of VN's made with DAZ, I frankly can't stand. I'm sorry, I can't SIT through and watch interactions between characters using static renders.

I get that this impacts a lot of devs time given the fact we gotta fuck with this nightmare software that is DAZ, and unless you use it you won't know what nightmare is.

But I'm willing to sacrifice a bit if it means that at least my characters mouths are open when they talk, over watching single static render. It doesn't matter if I pump out 10 renders and every time there is a sentence they change, if the characters can't open their fucking mouths.

But this is me personally, and my two cents on the matter. You're free to disagree naturally, each to their own on this particular thing.

As for that other part... regarding the specific characters, I wouldn't worry too much about Olivia's character. That's all I'll say on that particular part.

When it comes to Bast, you have a wrong perception of the said character. Her character is pretty much a support to the main character, Bastet doesn't have any self centered angles or hidden motives. It may look like it during conversations, but that is due to simple rule that she can't speak. Yeah, she gets a bit for herself if she helps the fella out, but she doesn't get nearly enough for all the support and all she does in background to help him. Frankly she'd have less headaches if she dumped his ass and had him killed.

So I'm not sure what made you see her in that kind of light. She's actually one of the best characters in the whole party to put it that way, but perhaps the fault is mine for not giving her tad bit more screen time in specific manners.

But if you're just curious about her sexual matter, then no. Just because she is a goddess doesn't mean she would stomp on MC or chain him to a bed and do as she pleases. Her character has more depth than that, just that it takes time to portray and show it.

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
I thought Mc was the reincarnation of an ancient god who suffered some kind of curse because no one prayed to him anymore, but apparently I was wrong. :Kappa:

Probably mc is one of the new gods. Or he'll become a god later.
Some kind of god of bad luck.:WaitWhat:

What I'm wondering is, will we be able to choose any side in this war?
How many LIs are planned?
Is monogamy possible?

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I thought Mc was the reincarnation of an ancient god who suffered some kind of curse because no one prayed to him anymore, but apparently I was wrong. :Kappa:

Probably mc is one of the new gods. Or he'll become a god later.
Some kind of god of bad luck.:WaitWhat:

What I'm wondering is, will we be able to choose any side in this war?
How many LIs are planned?
Is monogamy possible?
Ahh...mmh. Okay, so first. He isn't a god per se, however, he is a child of one. And a mortal woman. If you REAALLLY want a bad spoiler, as in who his father is. That'd be Odin the cunt.

That being said he is reincarnation of Baldur. Relatively. He is still his own person, just that part of him spiritually comes from Baldur.

He already picked the side in war, he has compact with Bastet. So that means he is on side of gods like her and Anubis for example. Not the new one's.

How many LI's, no fucking clue atm is my best answer. As for monogamy... well... kind of? He only is supposed to have a singular wife. Then again Zeus also had someone but was screwing everything that walks. And sleeps in his particular case.

Either way, if you're asking does he only have a singular wife. Yes. If you're asking does he screw others, then answer is yes. Will it always be like that? Doubtful, heavily doubtful. Extremely doubtful.

I'm simply following the canon story I have in my mind, what comes after that however, is up to player. Cause I won't always make particular things happen as they should.

Reactions: kwazi and risky0

Shiva11

Feb 8, 2018
Interesting concept and story so far. I hope that the developer is able to sustain the level of interest he has created. Certainly can't agree with all of the ideas put forth on the existence of gods and the reason for that existence but that won't prevent me from enjoying the story.
I know that the concept of human belief in gods is the reason that they exist is not new to this story but the problem with this concept is that it would mean that the humans who brought these gods into existence by their belief are greater than the gods they created. One cannot create something that is greater than oneself (even a collective 'oneself' of many humans). Even God did not create anything greater than Himself.

There is one particular moment I wanted to comment on. When the MC is talking with Monday at the cafe and Monday answers his questions honestly and clearly the MC is not able to understand the answers and so becomes upset.
screenshot0071.png
How like this example is our attempt to understand the truth contained in religious texts. We don't read them from a point of understanding so they seem confusing or like nonsense to us.

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
When it comes to Bast, you have a wrong perception of the said character. Her character is pretty much a support to the main character, Bastet doesn't have any self centered angles or hidden motives. It may look like it during conversations, but that is due to simple rule that she can't speak. Yeah, she gets a bit for herself if she helps the fella out, but she doesn't get nearly enough for all the support and all she does in background to help him. Frankly she'd have less headaches if she dumped his ass and had him killed.

So I'm not sure what made you see her in that kind of light. She's actually one of the best characters in the whole party to put it that way, but perhaps the fault is mine for not giving her tad bit more screen time in specific manners.
Honestly I didn't see them in that light after the very first interactions, it was just a thought I had being currently a mere mortal amongst pissy gods in a war. I would imagine mc does not stay an ant in a giants world forever but the thought of being bossed and dicked around endlessly did come to mind at the time I was going through the vn. With no future tags I can only speculate and it wouldn't have been a long stretch considering it was said several times the gods are generally selfish and manipulative.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Honestly I didn't see them in that light after the very first interactions, it was just a thought I had being currently a mere mortal amongst pissy gods in a war. I would imagine mc does not stay an ant in a giants world forever but the thought of being bossed and dicked around endlessly did come to mind at the time I was going through the vn. With no future tags I can only speculate and it wouldn't have been a long stretch considering it was said several times the gods are generally selfish and manipulative.
Well, no need to speculate further then. I'd know, so given the fact I'm telling you myself, you can be of calm mind regarding it.

Reactions: Daddy-S

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Game Compressor
May 1, 2020
Android Port of
Under The Moonlight [v0.3]
DOWNLOAD:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Bnshy and kwazi

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
What is the better choice? Telling julia that Sharon invited you or taking the blame yourself?

Reactions: kwazi

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I have a few editor-style comments:

First, the MC has a really bad habit. He almost always answers a question with a question.

Second, the translation could use some work, if the goal is American English.

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes