Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes

COOL_CAT

Jul 4, 2017
Don't care, joined his patreon a year ago, if he doesn't post a date for a demo at the end of the month, fuck him, gonna stop supporting after dropping a hot one in his update post and yohohoho his work.
I know that he is trying his best so that the quality is top-notch, but good lord, 1 year with no game update is YandereDev level of not caring for his patrons. I joined his patreon just to see if he was more active in his discord but it's pretty much dead. I wonder if he has a daytime job and only working partime on this game even tho he is making some good money.

D

Deleted member 205059

After ver0.2.0, it may be possible to add a cutscene once a month or every two month.
For example, with patreon's support of $10000/month, we can make a cutscene every month for $3000 and develop ver0.3.0 for $7000.
What do you think about this?
[2:49 PM]
The $5 and $10 returns are now almost the same now. sorry
From his discord.
Keep in mind when he said he is producing a map/quest system, he isn't talking about shitty unity asset flips with tank controls, he's making something right now that can put a few AAA games to shame:

Pipo12334

Dec 29, 2018
From his discord.
Keep in mind when he said he is producing a map/quest system, he isn't talking about shitty unity asset flips with tank controls, he's making something right now that can put a few AAA games to shame:
Look great, but im hoping to see the update soon, thx for the information. He isnt sharing much on twitter.. and hopefully the witches are gonna be easy to beat with not much grinding

Reactions: Satyr

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
This is going in a direction which can fail hard if he doesnt have enough help. Doing this alone takes too much time and just burns you out. It would be a shame if he wouldve abandoned the project.

D

Deleted member 205059

This is going in a direction which can fail hard if he doesnt have enough help. Doing this alone takes too much time and just burns you out. It would be a shame if he wouldve abandoned the project.
He has been hiring people, so I don't think this is an issue.

Reactions: Edison Liu

CarrotMan69

Nov 8, 2019
From his discord.
This is impressive , i have faith in this dev .

track989

Mar 25, 2018
From his discord.
The video is insanely impressive, visually. On the other hand I have a suspicion it's just going to be a big decorated world full of props with the occasional big blinking NPC symbol that says "fight here!" for entering a battle, in which case honestly there's no benefit in this over just an RPG Maker overworld or Ren'Py adventure as a backdrop for the fights; if anything the jarring transition between a free running overworld and one of half a dozen sex scenes would pull me out of the moment more :/

It'd be sick if someone made a b-grade Dark Souls type of game with lots of grapple enemies, but even to make a very rudimentary version of that is probably 5x more effort than just making the world in this video. A 3D fobs/repure type game would be neat though. I guess Femdom University is along those lines

Pipo12334

Dec 29, 2018
Honestly i feel that numeric is doing too much for a femdom game, it is great, the quality and all is insane and i appreciate it, but if it was slightly more simple like smaller map going to next map with another witch would be much easier to make and we get more content without waiting so long for insane quality game but not much content because of the work put in the other things.

gemstoner75

Dec 29, 2017
Not to dampen anyone's hype here, but that video just showcases some put together storebought assets.
Pretty well put together mind you, but it's definitely far from "shame Triple A"-games level of skill. After all so far it's a small sandbox to run around in and interact with the odd random object - such prototypes don't require a lot of time and skill.

And so far I don't see how this will integrate into the maingame without just being a pointless gimmick.

Reactions: alt_advancement

saintplecing

Mar 14, 2019
Yeah, this is a bad direction to head into imo as well.
He just needs to focus on the main objective first, which are the succubi/witches and animations.
i think he wanted to build the world first because then he just need to make the story per update

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
The development will be slow on this game. I think it was years of work before the v0.0.1 or whatever it was was released. He had said from the beginning that he wanted to do open world, you could have guessed it by the detail in the background and the way it zooms. Of course it will take longer than just putting you in front of another witch, but after the "world" is made, expanding it incrementally will take little time.
In short, do not expect fast updates now, or in the foreseeable future. Unless the dev team becomes huge, it's not likely to happen. Do expect the updates, when they do come, to be well polished, top tier.

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes