Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
There we have it, only important thing we got was that google drive video of Herba's sway.
Well it's time to stop supporting him (fucking 360° select view of items with liquid in a bottle physics WTF?) and I was full of hope when Gazer teased us with Alice Feet in december.

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
There we have it, only important thing we got was that google drive video of Herba's sway.
Well it's time to stop supporting him (fucking 360° select view of items with liquid in a bottle physics WTF?) and I was full of hope when Gazer teased us with Alice Feet in december.
The walking video was pretty awesome (and sexy) but yeah, I just don't understand the focus and resources (time most importantly) spent on things like making pretty 3D bottles you can rotate. Do patrons really prefer that stuff being worked on instead of new sexy female characters? I'm genuinely curious.

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
I think this is a good example of what happens when a dev doesn't have a clear goal in sight. They start doing a bit of everything and at the end (if there even is an end to it) you're left with barebones in all departments.

Reactions: alt_advancement

akuuuu4

Aug 5, 2018
Well, well, does anybody notice that there's a "Drain" video for Dealer on Gazer's youtube a long time ago? Why doesn't he just put that stuff in the game? It's terrific.

Pipo12334

Dec 29, 2018
top 5 Devs for me
1. NLT MEDIA
2. Dr. Pinkcake
3. NumericGazer
4. Project Helius
5. Auril

ICSTOR had a good game but bad game developing, it looks like he is milking his patron's money, that's why he updated the game so slow
Numericgazer dont deserve top 5 spot for sure... Quality and all is good.... But content..? This is a femdom game not a Final fantasy rpg game.

saintplecing

Mar 14, 2019
Numericgazer dont deserve top 5 spot for sure... Quality and all is good.... But content..? This is a femdom game not a Final fantasy rpg game.
yeah he don't deserve top 5 anymore, his ambitious too big. but let's see when the game come out, is it gonna be a fantastic work or a fantastic joke

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
Some things take time. If you stumbled across this a few years from now, you might think differently. If he said the game was complete at it's first release, it'd still be better than a lot of games. I think it was obvious from the start he was about quality and attention to detail.

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Some things take time. If you stumbled across this a few years from now, you might think differently. If he said the game was complete at it's first release, it'd still be better than a lot of games. I think it was obvious from the start he was about quality and attention to detail.
That would be sweet if said time wasn't invested in liquid physics in a bottle and an over the top equipment selection screen, rotating items with flares and everything. So since I fucked up and forgot to unsubscribe this month to his patreon, I'm gonna wait to get this month goals (probably grass swaying in the wind that would rival Ghost of Tsushima) and drop from his supporters list.
It's really a waste that he and his team spent time with details that nobody cares or wanted.

Jul 7, 2019
That would be sweet if said time wasn't invested in liquid physics in a bottle and an over the top equipment selection screen, rotating items with flares and everything. So since I fucked up and forgot to unsubscribe this month to his patreon, I'm gonna wait to get this month goals (probably grass swaying in the wind that would rival Ghost of Tsushima) and drop from his supporters list.
It's really a waste that he and his team spent time with details that nobody cares or wanted.
lol @ grass swaying comment!

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
I would think that having the full detailed 3-D rotating graphic of the potion didn't take much more time than using a static image or a text text, since the 3-D object already exists, and the physics seem to be the same as what's used when drinking the potion.
Of course he didn't have to "waste" time making the potion go to the lower portion of the bottle while drinking it in battle either, but he did, and he decided to reuse it in the menu. I'd be willing to bet the flares and rotation took very little time to do as well. Also they were likely done by someone in parallel to the development of the characters, and their moves, by another person, in which case it would have had no effect on a future release date anyway.
The development on this game is going to take time, he said so a year ago, he said so a month or two ago again. I don't know where the surprise comes from. Sure, if you don't like what you see, unsubscribe from his patreon, but it's not like there was ever any reason to expect that updates would come quick on this one.

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
I would think that having the full detailed 3-D rotating graphic of the potion didn't take much more time than using a static image or a text text, since the 3-D object already exists, and the physics seem to be the same as what's used when drinking the potion.
Of course he didn't have to "waste" time making the potion go to the lower portion of the bottle while drinking it in battle either, but he did, and he decided to reuse it in the menu. I'd be willing to bet the flares and rotation took very little time to do as well. Also they were likely done by someone in parallel to the development of the characters, and their moves, by another person, in which case it would have had no effect on a future release date anyway.
The development on this game is going to take time, he said so a year ago, he said so a month or two ago again. I don't know where the surprise comes from. Sure, if you don't like what you see, unsubscribe from his patreon, but it's not like there was ever any reason to expect that updates would come quick on this one.
Well then I'm glad he choose those two videos instead of said alledgedly development of characters, great choice to show his patreons and audience what the game is supposed to be about. That Herba sway was neat but it was more important to parade the inventory screen I guess.
A year of support without even a playable demo of a battle or an ETA is too much to ask? It's a femdom small indie game not the next open world sandbox FF. But hey that's the risk with Patreon and his overambitious projects and developers.

meeman

Jul 12, 2019
I don't really know what you expect. Sure, faster would be better.
It was at least 15 months from the first public mention, until the first release as a game, not to mention whatever it took to get to that point.
It's been less than a year since the first release.
He said two months ago that he'd be doing these things, and that it was going to be awhile before 2.0 hits.

simsalabim

Apr 29, 2017
Some will appreciate the increase in scope - it'll make the game more worthwhile to play for those who appreciate good game design in their H games too.

Some will inevitably only be interested in the H parts, and will look for... a quicker/more reliable fix for what they want.

Nothing wrong with either. Personally in the first camp, though it was a bit unexpected, it can make the h-content a lot more compelling if there's a satisfying gameplay loop attached to it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Choo-choo
3.90 star(s) 102 Votes