Underrated Devs

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Fair enough. Yeah, she's okayish. Probably be better if she'd spend more time working and less time appreciating her fans. ;)
As her fan, I cannot agree with this statement. :) I very much like how interactive she is on the site and I'm confident she knows how to manage her time effectively.:cool:

Reactions: Nottravis

Http404z

Dec 26, 2018
As her fan, I cannot agree with this statement. :) I very much like how interactive she is on the site and I'm confident she knows how to manage her time effectively.:cool:
Little winky face at the end of my comment was intended to express the humor in my statement. As I've told her, I have the utmost confidence in her abilities to deliver a quality product and look forward to seeing her work as it progresses.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Little winky face at the end of my comment was intended to express the humor in my statement. As I've told her, I have the utmost confidence in her abilities to deliver a quality product and look forward to seeing her work as it progresses.
Alright, I'll let it slide... this time... :D

With how touchy some people are about release schedules, it's not easy to tell when people are serious or not. Take my smilies for instance, while I fully meant what I said, it was meant to be received in lighthearted manner.:)

Reactions: Nottravis

nln0

Sep 4, 2017
Siren's Domain the devs of Town of Passion and Zombie's Retreat. Good updates / updating the fans on what's next in each game, plus unlike some games they have a consistent update schedule.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I want to say Sierra Lee but she's pretty well known, i'm a bit of a fangirl of hers.

Also Tlaero, huge fangirl of her work. She talked to me, I still haven't wiped my monitor ..... that was a play on those that shake their idols hand and never wash it, not me saying I squirted over my monitor. I know how dirty some of your minds are.

And mine because that was the first thing I thought when I typed it.

Ahem.....

Damn, it's a tough one, there are a few devs who's work I love but they are shit at being devs. I mean, their work is great but they release content like old people fuck ..... that's really slowly for those that have never seen old people fucking ..... also, never watch old people fuck, it can't be unseen.

I love Offcuts but the next update was supposed to be out like 13 days ago and we still don't know if he's still alive.

I will agree with Notty and her Heavy Five game. She needs more love, she's awesome.

Sumo with My Sister My Roommate. I'm not a fan of incest stuff but it's pretty thin here and you get to romance more girls.

I guess that's about it. There are plenty of devs out there but a lot of them still need to show they can put the work in before i'm willing to say "check out this dev" and people call me the bitch for sending them to a milker.

Case and point, I adore Blooming Love. Sure it's incest and that isn't my thing but the love story was great being my kind of tale. You'd think i'd tell you to go check out the dev but he's since abandoned 2 other games chasing the money and if they aren't willing to stick with a project and build up naturally then it makes it hard for me to want to name drop them.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
To name a single one i'd name DeafPerv, the Dev of . What he does is obviously not everyone's cup of tea but he definitely deserves more than that 171$ he earns from that 40 pledgers he has.

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
Warlock and Boobs

Personal Trainer

there is content and gameplay,many other games - it's just a set of pictures or wild grind without content;)
sorry my eng

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
hmmm :unsure:

i would say, even tho i dont know how much they got... but i think 186 patrons isnt big for such a nice game .
the Mad Doctors (or Mad Docs / @drmaddoc47 , around here) deserve more attention. the game is great.
https://f95zone.to/threads/starship-inanna-v7-0-7-mad-docs.775/
i m very surprise that they didnt go up to 200 for all the work they put in it.

some others games that arent at this level are way more patrons (but maybe less money, can't say, we dont know about that and its not depend each others).

still, i think they deserve more attention.

Reactions: Rythan25

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
hmmm :unsure:

i would say, even tho i dont know how much they got... but i think 186 patrons isnt big for such a nice game .
the Mad Doctors (or Mad Docs / @drmaddoc47 , around here) deserve more attention. the game is great.
https://f95zone.to/threads/starship-inanna-v7-0-7-mad-docs.775/
i m very surprise that they didnt go up to 200 for all the work they put in it.

some others games that arent at this level are way more patrons (but maybe less money, can't say, we dont know about that and its not depend each others).

still, i think they deserve more attention.
They were building up quite well at one point but then development went to a stand still.

On the forums I used before coming here that game was quite popular but then it just went quiet. A few of us thought it had been abandoned.

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
They were building up quite well at one point but then development went to a stand still.

On the forums I used before coming here that game was quite popular but then it just went quiet. A few of us thought it had been abandoned.
i know, i followed that game for long time. they went silent for a long time (even on their own website). But well... guess real life get surprise on them. at least, they dont abandonned it and their pretty back. wich is good thing.

but i m still surprise of that actual level. i see game that are worse than that getting like hundreds of patrons in less than a week.

i dont know.. i just think it deserve more from what they got actually. (just my opinion tho)

i also would say same happened to "Nverjos" (coceter chronicles dev). (but now its abandonned anyway, but she never get such a big support and rating ... a bit because rpgm too :/ )

Reactions: Rythan25

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
I'll add TK8000. He just wrapped House Arrest and still has two games that he is working on. SolValley School and HS Tutor. He works in Illusion's Honey Select and Koikatu. Through the time I have been supporting him, he has improved mightily. Even redoing older CG's to improve the quality of his games. The main reason I have enjoyed his work is his humor. It's not for everyone but if you are a little twisted upstairs (and downstairs) you may find that you will enjoy this diamond in the rough. ruff ruff ruff!
https://f95zone.to/threads/house-arrest-v2-0-tk8000.6853/
https://f95zone.to/threads/solvalley-school-v0-14-0-tk8000.3368/
https://f95zone.to/threads/hs-tutor-v0-5-0-tk8000.13698/

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Who do you guys and gals consider to be adult game/VN devs who are underrated and/or overlooked despite having great games/VNs?

EDIT: Post links to help give the devs some exposure.
Greatness is a matter of perspective... What is great to one person may be horrible or just slightly mediocre to another person... Since everyone has varying likes/dislikes and/or may be looking for different aspects in a VN/Game...

Same goes with ratings... And the fact that only very few players/readers ever even voice their opinions or give ratings at all, you really can't gauge a project, purely off ratings from one site or another... You can't even truly rate it with sites like Patreon and it's ilk, because only paying donators can even access mature pages on those sites...

Another issue you run into on sites like this one, is that there is this tendency with some projects to have artificially boosted ratings... Some super fan of a developer may give an automatic 5 rating on a product, even if it is poorly done, just because they like the developer themselves or some of their prior work... It's not really an objective rating based on the merit of the project itself... I see it all the time... You even have some instances of bribes for ratings, as well as multiple user accounts for one person that rates the product high multiple times... There are of course rules to try and stop that stuff from happening, but I'm pretty sure it happens anyway, now and then...

I've even seen instances where a poor rating was given, which ended up bringing down an average... And when some fans saw that happen, they jumped to the rescue, giving minimally worded reviews that really were just to promote the developer and/or the product, and gave it 5 stars each, in order to counter the poor rating that brought the average down... I've even seen those same fans say something about it in the threads themselves... I know it happens, as I've seen it... Some fans are just fanatical about what they like, to the point of motherly like protection of the developer/project... Which again, artificially effects ratings...

So to look at an average rating on this site or another, you really do NOT have a 100% accurate measurement of how a project is truly doing or will do in the future... Your best bet is to read the actual review text from this site, and other sites, and surveys, and so on, as a developer, in order to more accurately gauge how well your product is being received, by the general populace... And always understand, you are still only getting feedback from a tiny fraction of the total readers/players out there who have even tried your product... Most players/readers keep to themselves and never even say a word on sites like this one or others...

Plus, luck plays a role as well... Just because a developer has a Patreon (or other site) account, and their product is spread all over the internet, does not guarantee reader/players flocking to a project... So many other factors may come into play, regardless of promotion, self-promotion, ratings, marketing strategy, project content, etc...

Taking all that into account, I can see where some folks might feel a product/developer, they like, might appear/seem underrated and/or overlooked... But greatness is in the eye of the beholder...

Zip

Last edited:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Greatness is a matter of perspective... What is great to one person may be horrible or just slightly mediocre to another person... Since everyone has varying likes/dislikes and/or may be looking for different aspects in a VN/Game...

Same goes with ratings... And the fact that only very few players/readers ever even voice their opinions or give ratings at all, you really can't gauge a project, purely off ratings from one site or another... You can't even truly rate it with sites like Patreon and it's ilk, because only paying donators can even access mature pages on those sites...

Another issue you run into on sites like this one, is that there is this tendency with some projects to have artificially boosted ratings... Some super fan of a developer may give an automatic 5 rating on a product, even if it is poorly done, just because they like the developer themselves or some of their prior work... It's not really an objective rating based on the merit of the project itself... I see it all the time... You even have some instances of bribes for ratings, as well as multiple user accounts for one person that rates the product high multiple times... There are of course rules to try and stop that stuff from happening, but I'm pretty sure it happens anyway, now and then...

So to look at an average rating on this site or another, you really do NOT have a 100% accurate measurement of how a project is truly doing or will do in the future... Your best bet is to read the reviews from this site, and other sites, and surveys, and so on, as a developer, in order to gauge how well your product is being received by the general populace... And always understand, you are still only getting feedback from a tiny fraction of the total readers/players out there who have even tried your product... Most players/readers keep to themselves and never even say a word on sites like this one or others...

Taking all that into account, I can see where some folks might feel a product/developer, they like, might appear/seem underrated and/or overlooked... But greatness is in the eye of the beholder...

Zip
reputation will always be first , before everything else.
same goes for graphism before story and such.

like you say, everybody their own taste and opinions. its not rare to see a game just poping out from nowhere and get almost instantly a 5 stars review because it have "beautyful graphism". some peoples even rate games without giving a test.
as a dev, i can say that rate isnt helping at all on getting an opinion about a product.
(i dont talk for myself, as i always consider my work as shit. that help me to boost myself to make better all time, or at least, to try).
but its not rare to see games getting rate that they honestly dont deserve. Like you say, some peoples base on the devs her/himself or else. wich didnt help at all.
that thread is just about giving opinion about a game you like and think that it should be more know by peoples.
such things happen even on AAA games. where some are overrated and some underrated.
but i think this thread is stillcorrect on some points, like the fact some devs put very lots of effort and work in their games and didnt get fair stuff in return. while some others (helped by reputation or else) put minimum effort but are blessed like if they where GOD doppleganger.
in that, i guess most peoples agree for some products.

just my personal view about this. wich is maybe not too far from your own view and many others peoples. But well... sharing is caring (like... someone have say).

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
reputation will always be first , before everything else.
same goes for graphism before story and such.

like you say, everybody their own taste and opinions. its not rare to see a game just poping out from nowhere and get almost instantly a 5 stars review because it have "beautyful graphism". some peoples even rate games without giving a test.
as a dev, i can say that rate isnt helping at all on getting an opinion about a product.
(i dont talk for myself, as i always consider my work as shit. that help me to boost myself to make better all time, or at least, to try).
but its not rare to see games getting rate that they honestly dont deserve. Like you say, some peoples base on the devs her/himself or else. wich didnt help at all.
that thread is just about giving opinion about a game you like and think that it should be more know by peoples.
such things happen even on AAA games. where some are overrated and some underrated.
but i think this thread is stillcorrect on some points, like the fact some devs put very lots of effort and work in their games and didnt get fair stuff in return. while some others (helped by reputation or else) put minimum effort but are blessed like if they where GOD doppleganger.
in that, i guess most peoples agree for some products.

just my personal view about this. wich is maybe not too far from your own view and many others peoples. But well... sharing is caring (like... someone have say).
Sorry, had to read your reply several times to understand it...

Oh, I'm pretty sure you will have some developers who do top notch quality work, and don't get as much credit as they may desire to have... But again, so many factors come into play... Perhaps the subject matter, even if portrayed well, pushed their product into a tighter niche of this already niche industry... So fewer people try a developers work, due to non-interest, even if it is top of the line quality work... You can't force everyone to want to play your stuff or give it top ratings... No matter how good you promote your stuff...

There are some products I've tried and loved, and yet the developer doesn't get hugely high ratings, and or make as much money as other developers I felt had lower grade products... And some fans may like a developer so much, that they feel a sense of pride and/or accomplishment in helping that developer promote their product in a positive light... But you can't change peoples minds if they truly didn't enjoy themselves... I personally always go into any product with an objective and open mind (not even concerned with who made it or what prior products they've made), if I like it I say something, and if I hate it I say something... I never let my judgement get clouded by other peoples perceptions and/or opinions, prior to giving one of these projects a try, followed by a review/rating...

But because of how inconclusive the rating system can truly be, I always prefer the text of the review over the total rating given by anyone... Gives me a better perspective knowing the details that lead to a particular rating... It's why I feel minimalistic reviews don't really tell you much, and feel more reactionary then meaningful...

Of course, I think some developers may not get enough recognition when they make good overall products... But I don't use ratings to make that decision... I base it off my personal experience as well as all aspects of their projects that I like vs dislike, after having played/read them myself... I don't feel it's necessary to list them, as it's just another form of promotion that not everyone would necessarily agree with... As again, everyone is different in what they like/dislike, want or don't want...

Zip

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Sorry, had to read your reply several times to understand it...

Oh, I'm pretty sure you will have some developers who do top notch quality work, and don't get as much credit as they may desire to have... But again, so many factors come into play... Perhaps the subject matter, even if portrayed well, pushed their product into a tighter niche of this already niche industry... So fewer people try a developers work, due to non-interest, even if it is top of the line quality work... You can't force everyone to want to play your stuff or give it top ratings... No matter how good you promote your stuff...

There are some products I've tried and loved, and yet the developer doesn't get hugely high ratings, and or make as much money as other developers I felt had lower grade products... And some fans may like a developer so much, that they feel a sense of pride and/or accomplishment in helping that developer promote their product in a positive light... But you can't change peoples minds if they truly didn't enjoy themselves... I personally always go into any product with an objective and open mind (not even concerned with who made it or what prior products they've made), if I like it I say something, and if I hate it I say something... I never let my judgement get clouded by other peoples perceptions and/or opinions, prior to giving one of these projects a try, followed by a review/rating...

But because of how inconclusive the rating system can truly be, I always prefer the text of the review over the total rating given by anyone... Gives me a better perspective knowing the details that lead to a particular rating... It's why I feel minimalistic reviews don't really tell you much, and feel more reactionary then meaningful...

Of course, I think some developers may not get enough recognition when they make good overall products... But I don't use ratings to make that decision... I base it off my personal experience as well as all aspects of their projects that I like vs dislike, after having played/read them myself... I don't feel it's necessary to list them, as it's just another form of promotion that not everyone would necessarily agree with... As again, everyone is different in what they like/dislike, want or don't want...

Zip
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by reading my terrible Frenglish :(
( that's also a factor of jugement on games XD )

Reactions: Zippity