VN Ren'Py Unexpected Opportunity [Ch. 6] [Sweetychily]

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I want to answer everyone's questions, but I'll start with Saint Blackmoor because of the importance of their comment.
I agree. Two things could be happening behind the scenes: No real-life experience with women thus feels uneasy when drawing sex scenes. Or, Milking for money. If it's milking, then they hit the threshold last update IMO.
They will start to lose credibility and current and future supporters. I, for one, stopped playing after the last update because of that. The only way to save themselves from collapse is to bring on the Hot Milf Sex and not just one per update either. IMO they are milking, because the other option is too sad to think about. I wish the best for them, but it's time to join the real world.
I don't know exactly makes you think that it's either scenario. I thought we made it clear from the start that this was a slow burn game. To clarify, each update isn't an excuse to say "where's the sex?" it just means we are able to push the story forward slightly. We've been working hard to develop this story and all the pieces are finally in place to start making progress. SweetyChily and I didn't come into game creation for clout, so I don't know what credibility we'd lose. We just want to make a wholesome game :)

As far as saving this game from "collapse" I don't know what that means. I love that some people enjoy the game. And personally, that's okay with me. If people are unsatisfied by the early game so far, that's okay, we have plans and we hope to keep them going, so please don't speculate about our morals, we're both busy enough in our regular lives to have to worry about us being perceived as people trying to part with you money. Feel free to come and go as you wish, come join us in 10 updates if you wish, but don't spread that we might be milking this game.

Hi, Could the options be fixed at some point, so that the skip unread ect work? These dont appear to function at all.
Of course, we missed that this update, but we'll fix it :D
I think it's cause of the outline color is the same as the background. My guess anyway.

great another decent VN where you got to start the whole fcken thing over again because they tweaked the script to where you get a bunch of errors if you try and load up saves yay us (n):oops::sleep::mad: not ! either way i like this one so i will bite my tongue and restart from scratch but you devs should really work on fixing the bugs/script/errors
So, the reason behind that is because we didn't have any variables before. We just added them :) Now we are set to introduce different paths. Previously, it was strictly linear, no relationship points, so it was inevitable. Sorry for the inconvenience! We'll try to add an option to skip straight to the next chapter if it ever happens again. Thanks for playing!

Definitely here for Nicole. Best looking model I have ever seen. Reminds me so much of a person that I've seen in real life! :love:
I thought so too! She's a treat, and I'm loving where we'll go with her. We'll do our best to give her the best story we can.

chapter 5. tagged harem. no anal sex, oral sex or vaginal sex tag. the basic adult trinity denied. o_O

plus the dev/s also tried shenanigans previously i see from back feed.

not exactly clued up to their target audience huh

the story/writing must be pretty special considering the above and the current big rating so will give it a go
well considering my favourite VN so far is fate/stay night which has very minimal adult content, safe to say we are not on the same page.
i also like 'a fathers sins' as i come mainly for the N not the V and that VN does at least have a decent plot not cut and paste from a plethora of others. icing is fine but if the cake is crap the icing is pointless.
to each their own though. if we all liked the same things then everything becomes monotony. variety is the spice of life

sadly this game is just dull, story and plot wise, so i expect very high reviews all mentioning looks, as is the norm for this sites rating system. not even the trinity can save it for me
Sorry for the dullness. We're trying to set up a romance. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but we're trying our best. If you can recommend what is a decent plot to you, maybe we can course correct on the dull story/plot. Suggestions are appreciated, because maybe there is an aspect, I never considered. You can DM if you wish :D
Yet another vn where the dev makes the mc (who looks 30 odd) carry on like some virginal twat. "You feel something rising in your pajamas" Well gee whiz! I wonder what it could be? :rolleyes:
Tis a bit boring, upto Chapter 5 and not even a hand job or even a deep kiss either. Thought there would be something with Nicole but obviously it looks like she is trying to set her daughter up with the MC and nothing will come with her if that is the case. Also don't really like when LI's are being forced onto the MC <cough> Emily <cough>. I already deleted it don't know if it will get better or this will be like AWAM type game or what, it has yet to prove me wrong.
It's a slow burn game. If you expect everything to happen fast, then maybe it's not the game for you. I will clarify though, Nicole will get content :D

If you don't come back, have a nice day and thanks for trying our game.
Boring game, I don´t like to be critical with games, but 5 chapters and not even a miserable handjob, only laughs and more laughs :(
I answered it above, but it's a slow burn game. We can't get into these things so quickly. That said, we're gonna start spicing it up soon ;)

On the subject of laughs... you don't like laughs? :(
Chapter 5, and the only kiss that happened was in a flashback, and no handjob in the entire game, can't even call this a harem game until there is content for multiple LIs and they're alright with sharing the MC.

The MC is very annoying, his formality is really getting on my nerves, unless he drops it, he'll just end up friendzoning everyone he's formal with, and there is also how dense he is, while at the same time thinking so much, which makes him even denser.
Also, he should really shave, his face looks unkempt.

The tags handjob, harem, romance, groping, exhibitionism, and virgin need to go, almost all of them are sexual tags that aren't in the game, the virgin tag refers to a character losing said virginity, not the fact that there are virgins in the game, and so far I haven't seen any romance, the closest to it was Emily and the MC touching fingers while they slept, and that's definitely not enough for the tag, and a kiss in a flashback doesn't count, and as for the exhibitionism tag, Nicole was bare chested in a pool in the backyard, not in public
The MC's formality has a purpose. For clarity, every character carries with them their own traumas and anxieties. More than anything, there is an anxiety to act and engage. For MC he's had issues with his past about letting things go and engaging too much. That's how we get to Nicole. Whether or not we, as the audience, think it's traumatic, the MC holds that inside. Something stops him from engaging. However, as he gets to know the ladies, he's slowly losing that feeling. Every chapter up to Chapter 5 has been leading up to this point. MC is now comfortable with pretty much everyone. Now he'll start to engage.

To end on a final note. This game won't please everyone, at least not yet. BUT if you have an suggestions on what would improve the story that isn't just "add more sex now" then we're all ears. I'm so focused on what I want, it's hard to consider what others want. So throw some suggestions to me in a DM.

We're doing our best to make this game and these characters. If you like our characters, I hope you stay, if not, we don't blame you. Have a good one!

Last edited:

CHRIST11170

Oct 13, 2022
I love this game. I'm over 60 and sex is no longer a priority for me but I remain a great lover and this game is very similar to what I experienced in my youth. Thanks to Larry2000 for his creation. English is not my first language and sorry if my speech is not very clear

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I love this game. I'm over 60 and sex is no longer a priority for me but I remain a great lover and this game is very similar to what I experienced in my youth. Thanks to Larry2000 for his creation. English is not my first language and sorry if my speech is not very clear
Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it. We hope to add a realistic situation of a guy that isn't just horny all the time, that wants meaningful relationships as well. The main theme is how anxiety and trauma define who you are at times. It's up to us to not let ourselves be bound by them. It's something that I've struggled through in my life and relationships, so it feels good to put them out there. Anxiety is used often as a throwaway concept as

Girl says, "Oh, I have anxiety." MC says "Don't worry about it!" Love Interest says "Oh, okay." And then it just happens. It's gone and it's fixed. Anxiety, Guilt and Depression are almost alive. They tear at your motivation, self esteem and creativity. I want it to be shown, even if subtly, that change both takes time, and also doesn't always truly go away, we just learn to handle it. If we're lucky, one day we'll wake up and realize there was nothing there to begin with :D

One BIG correction though, this game was actually started by my good friend Sweetychily, I didn't create this game. I did however help transform it into what it is now storywise. However, everything that goes on in this game is decided by both of us. We are a team after all :D

HoloSan

Mar 2, 2023
I want to answer everyone's questions, but I'll start with Saint Blackmoor because of the importance of their comment.

I don't know exactly makes you think that it's either scenario. I thought we made it clear from the start that this was a slow burn game. To clarify, each update isn't an excuse to say "where's the sex?" it just means we are able to push the story forward slightly. We've been working hard to develop this story and all the pieces are finally in place to start making progress. SweetyChily and I didn't come into game creation for clout, so I don't know what credibility we'd lose. We just want to make a wholesome game :)

As far as saving this game from "collapse" I don't know what that means. I love that some people enjoy the game. And personally, that's okay with me. If people are unsatisfied by the early game so far, that's okay, we have plans and we hope to keep them going, so please don't speculate about our morals, we're both busy enough in our regular lives to have to worry about us being perceived as people trying to part with you money. Feel free to come and go as you wish, come join us in 10 updates if you wish, but don't spread that we might be milking this game.

Of course, we missed that this update, but we'll fix it :D
I think it's cause of the outline color is the same as the background. My guess anyway.

So, the reason behind that is because we didn't have any variables before. We just added them :) Now we are set to introduce different paths. Previously, it was strictly linear, no relationship points, so it was inevitable. Sorry for the inconvenience! We'll try to add an option to skip straight to the next chapter if it ever happens again. Thanks for playing!

I thought so too! She's a treat, and I'm loving where we'll go with her. We'll do our best to give her the best story we can.

Sorry for the dullness. We're trying to set up a romance. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but we're trying our best. If you can recommend what is a decent plot to you, maybe we can course correct on the dull story/plot. Suggestions are appreciated, because maybe there is an aspect, I never considered. You can DM if you wish :D

It's a slow burn game. If you expect everything to happen fast, then maybe it's not the game for you. I will clarify though, Nicole will get content :D

If you don't come back, have a nice day and thanks for trying our game.

I answered it above, but it's a slow burn game. We can't get into these things so quickly. That said, we're gonna start spicing it up soon ;)

On the subject of laughs... you don't like laughs? :(

The MC's formality has a purpose. For clarity, every character carries with them their own traumas and anxieties. More than anything, there is an anxiety to act and engage. For MC he's had issues with his past about letting things go and engaging too much. That's how we get to Nicole. Whether or not we, as the audience, think it's traumatic, the MC holds that inside. Something stops him from engaging. However, as he gets to know the ladies, he's slowly losing that feeling. Every chapter up to Chapter 5 has been leading up to this point. MC is now comfortable with pretty much everyone. Now he'll start to engage.

To end on a final note. This game won't please everyone, at least not yet. BUT if you have an suggestions on what would improve the story that isn't just "add more sex now" then we're all ears. I'm so focused on what I want, it's hard to consider what others want. So throw some suggestions to me in a DM.

We're doing our best to make this game and these characters. If you like our characters, I hope you stay, if not, we don't blame you. Have a good one!
It's actually lovely and I... personally very much appreciate that you spent time to address the comments. Shows us that you are taking this extremely seriously along with proof of the team's hardwork!

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hi, Could the options be fixed at some point, so that the skip unread ect work? These dont appear to function at all.
I just read your comment again, and I needed to say this.

Those options DO work from my understanding. I actually had this in my list of problems, but I don't think we ended up changing this one in time. You can skip unread text/after choices, it just isn't indicated. If it's fully broken as in, it doesn't work, that's news to me and regardless, we'll definitely get it fixed in the next update. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
I just read your comment again, and I needed to say this.

Those options DO work from my understanding. I actually had this in my list of problems, but I don't think we ended up changing this one in time. You can skip unread text/after choices, it just isn't indicated. If it's fully broken as in, it doesn't work, that's news to me and regardless, we'll definitely get it fixed in the next update. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
Hi,

No worries.

They didnt work for me at the time. Someone is free to correct me, but I couldnt make them work at all. The other thing was they wouldnt highlight as set either, so to me something was not right at all.. For example, if I wanted to set UNSEEN TEXT as on, I can hover over it, it goes orange, I click to set it, but it doesnt appear to show as set when I focus off of the UNSEEN TEXT word in options.

I wondered if it was just not showing it set at the time, so I retried it but doesnt seem to work at all on all of them for me at all.

The in game "Skip" option at the bottom of the screen is unhighlighted as well, so couldnt force it to skip.

What I can do is SKIP already seen text, but this is not the same thing.

1697525182172.png

1697525286009.png

If you hover over it, it goes orange, if you click it, you would think it would remain orange or ticked or something, but it goes back to white.

1697525215034.png

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Hi,

No worries.

They didnt work for me at the time. Someone is free to correct me, but I couldnt make them work at all. The other thing was they wouldnt highlight as set either, so to me something was not right at all.. For example, if I wanted to set UNSEEN TEXT as on, I can hover over it, it goes orange, I click to set it, but it doesnt appear to show as set when I focus off of the UNSEEN TEXT word in options.

I wondered if it was just not showing it set at the time, so I retried it but doesnt seem to work at all on all of them for me at all.

The in game "Skip" option at the bottom of the screen is unhighlighted as well, so couldnt force it to skip.

What I can do is SKIP already seen text, but this is not the same thing.

View attachment 3012417

View attachment 3012420

If you hover over it, it goes orange, if you click it, you would think it would remain orange or ticked or something, but it goes back to white.

View attachment 3012418
For me it worked, I can select it and skip the unseen text in the game:
screenshot0001.png

But not sure, maybe it's Kogas mod I'm using fixing that.

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
For me it worked, I can select it and skip the unseen text in the game:
View attachment 3012468

But not sure, maybe it's Kogas mod I'm using fixing that.
Hmm. Mines a fresh install, never played before, so its completely vanilla. Try without your mod?

No idea what Kogas does.. never seen it or used it.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Hmm. Mines a fresh install, never played before, so its completely vanilla. Try without your mod?

No idea what Kogas does.. never seen it or used it.
It's the multi mod from here
I checked it now and installed the game without it. And yes, now you can't see if an option like the "skip unseen text" is already picked in the preferences. When installing the mod it's there again. Seems the modder (Koga3) has fixed that himself.

But the skip unseen text function is working in the game also without the mod. Of course only if you activated it in the preferences (when moving the mouse over the button and it does not change you already selected it).

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
It's the multi mod from here
I checked it now and installed the game without it. And yes, now you can't see if an option like the "skip unseen text" is already picked in the preferences. When installing the mod it's there again. Seems the modder (Koga3) has fixed that himself.

But the skip unseen text function is working in the game also without the mod. Of course only if you activated it in the preferences (when moving the mouse over the button and it does not change you already selected it).
Yeah, you dont know if you have activated it or not. Seems to work that way yeah. As I said, just needs fixing really so its visable I guess.

Rasturac

Apr 6, 2023
I don´t like to be critical with games, but 5 chapters and not even a miserable handjob,
Hand-job?
Not even a hand-holding!

I also have no problem with slow burn
but it has to start somewhere a little flame that each time grows a bit
but here there are no flames only tiny patches of smoke now and there.

Reactions: OWSam000

LeoManu

Feb 12, 2020
Bro, you could cut off all the combat and exploration of a Persona game and it'd still have more action than this. Like, just now we're starting to get into some of the issues these characters have, after what seems like a few in-game months. That's freaking hilarious. Doesn't even take me a week to get a female to talk about her daddy issues.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Well I'm enjoying this one, even if others think it's to slow. I wouldn't be upset if things picked up with 1 character or another, but I'm not upset by the current pace.

Allison's character model is awesome and I dig all the "older" women, so hopefully they're actual LIs and not just mentor figures, I'm still curious to see how things work out with Frank and how he gets out of the way.

Reactions: EJW

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Just started this one.. I think after the pancake delivery I'd be pinning her up against the door and asking her why such a sexy woman doesn't wear a wedding ring, that might be dangerous!! :devilish:

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Can anyone or Dev know if there is or will be NTR content in this game? I'm posting because it's something I want to know because I don't want to start a game that will later have NTR or any kind of thing

• Angry
Reactions: Dutch7
3.30 star(s) 19 Votes