VN Ren'Py Unexpected Opportunity [Ch. 6] [Sweetychily]

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
I really like the game so far I like that the mc isn't just another creepy arsehole I think we have seen enough of those.
I Also like all the girls so far. I'm interested in seeing where the story goes.

Reactions: Sweetychily

Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022
First of all, I'm touched by the players that have played our update and have enjoyed it. Those that are commenting about things that you hate, whether it's the ex girlfriend, the as-of-yet unknown parts of the game, I hope that you can trust me to bring this game to your liking.

Samsam3421 Are in this project together, we've worked our buns off this past month or so trying to rewrite this game and put it in a state that most people will like. I'm a vanilla lover and honestly, as I've gotten to know Samsam, it seems so is he :D

If anyone has every seen a comment or received a like from me, they should know my position on bad tags, bad storylines and unwholesomeness. I like the good vibes, I like redemption and I like cute things. So hopefully you guys can give certain characters a chance eventually. If you guys have negative opinions, just know that I wouldn't fail you, so have a little faith :D If I do, I'll be here as I have for the last 7 years :D

Renewed was thought up by my partner SamSam, I kinda like it. It's probably the most accurate statement. When I got onto this project, SamSam gave me a lot of leeway throughout and so I was cutting and tearing through stuff and hopefully the finished project sounds and feels more polished. I know we've both worked our asses off trying make this the best it could be with time we had! Lord knows how many times I Personally delayed it D:

As far as, "A man does things" games, if I'm being honest with you, Not much. Haha! Okay, I'm selling myself short. At first it's fairly simple as it's only just started, but I hope to use the town that we're currently calling Alistar as plot point.

Alistar is a fictional city that isn't magic, but is the place with great and wholesome people. Samsam tapped into this by accident in his first attempt at this game by creating Emily and Lisa, but I really liked this idea and we expanded it to other characters as well. Alistar is just a nice city where people aren't cynical. Where people trust their neighbors and aren't worried about others. We thought it'd be fun to have MC growing up in a regular cynical world, like us, and then step into this town which is the opposite of that. The girls will be soooo sweet. However, I'm a big believer of uniqueness and quirks, so I like to give each girl fun things to be obsessed with, worry about, or have overcome. I could write for hours, but honestly, I'm gonna take a few days break after the day I had yesterday :D

I don't know why he can't answer anyone anymore, but I'll answer.

The "old asshole" is still there. But I really leaned into the city angle with the characters. As with my reply above, I want people from this town to be nice people that are naive to outside people, but also GENUINELY good people. Frank will be a big part of the game, but he won't be in most scenes where "Fun" will happen ;) The truth of the matter is. Mr. Wood, aka Frank, is a great guy. I want MC to not only respect him, but like him, that way MC will feel a conflict for his feelings towards Lisa. It's a good guy from a cynical world that has to control himself. To anyone whom has read the dialogue in the game, I wanted MC be a normal dude, one that has himself in check most of the time. So he'll slip and look at the ladies, but not more than normal guys. No peeping Tom MC like in a lot of them, I like my MC to play the line and not to cross it too much :)

Ex girlfriend? If you've played the new version, I would say she SPOILER INCOMING, figuratively set fire to herself :oops: I hope to make her story interesting. And for people that can't stand her storyline, it's okay :D You can opt out of her as a Love Interest :)

Nope, you won't have to touch the Ex-Girlfriend if you won't want to. We want to establish a bit of catharsis and resolution for MC with her before we give you the option to opt out. Like MC needs to resolve the shit that happened in the past that way he can move on cause, as you'd imagine, her betrayal didn't help his OTHER issues. Every man/woman knows of a special person that knocked you off your ass for years. The ex is that person for MC.

Faxe10%, I'm glad you've expressed yourself here. I will just ask that you trust me, cause I think ALL vanilla game fans of all time can love this game. Just give me and Samsam a chance :)

All I'll say is stick around, Lisa is lovely and Frank is pretty damn awesome! Whatever negative things you have in your head, throw it out and embrace it. Or not, but I'd be a little sad :/

Thank you so much! I've been so used to Discord, so I want to use the holding back tears emoji, but I appreciate the kind words. As far as Lisa and Mr. Wood, I'm with you there brother/sister! I joined this project exclusively because of Lisa, I saw her and I said "I want to write her story" and as some prophet said "IT WAS SO!"

Mr. Wood though is probably one of my favorite characters. He's the nicest old man you'll meet. As far as hurting him... I don't want to spoil things cause I love the things we're planning, but I love Frank, do you think I'd hurt him? :D

I think my partner put this in the Dev notes, but I haven't checked yet, but Lesbian stuff, if it happens, is SOOO far away from our brains it's crazy. Nothing against it, but if it DOES come, it WILL be AVOIDABLE/OPTIONAL whatever one people prefer these days :D

TM, why must all your plots end in some pack of wolves or violence? Don't you think Wolf™ has already bitten into me enough? D:

But the Ex will only be a love interest if you wish for her to be. I hope one day you can give her a chance :D
:) <- Look at my happy face... it might be worth it :D
First, thank you and Samsam3421 for the amazing work but I have a genuine question I played my fair share of VN it's almost always (oh the poor cheating ex it must have been sooo difficult and heartbreaking for her to cheat on the MC) it's like come on man there is a difference between being good MC and a doormat because she cried a little (crocodile tears). The MC's thoughts were really on point it's a shame he barely said anything that can be even considered slightly mean to her hell even a chuckle on the fact she got a taste of her own medicine would have been awesome but I guess that's just my dark sense of humor, my point is there is no redemption for her (she can turn cuckquean for all I care and it's still No) and taking an ex cheater back it's basically telling them "it's okay for them to cheat again and again because the mc is a sucker who will take them back every time". taking time to build her redemption it's just less time for the rest of the amazing characters and it seems most people already wrote her off as LI.

For the love of god more Lisa content.

Zeruelll

Jul 17, 2018
I liked the changes in the rework and it's becoming better than before. I'll probably skip/won't be adding the ex-gf to the harem, but it still makes me curious what you have planned for her story arc that might change my view so there's that. Can't wait for more!

Reactions: Sweetychily

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Made a Mod / Android port with Mod for this game with: ingame music tracks, some more game settings and WT hints (but actually not that needed in the game so far). Edit: with v0.4 the game got it's own music, I removed my tracks therefore again.

=======================================================
Edit Mar. 16, 2024
Updated the Android port (with choice hints + game settings) for the new Chapter 6
Info: the Mod only download for PC is stopped (someone else started another WT Mod)

=======================================================

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v0.6 (~240MB)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
UnexpectedOpportunity_01.jpg UnexpectedOpportunity_02.jpg UnexpectedOpportunity_05.jpg

Last edited:

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
i'm playing this and the pacing is a change of what you get accustom to with adult VNs and it's Okay at best, it was good at first but with there lacking much erotica it's getting harder to enjoy because the game lacks visual appeal; render quality avg and more importantly a lack of visual frames to tell the story. Simple things as "She shook herself a bit and gave you a small smile..." - without seeing it and only reading it, it gets fustrating watching a static image, feels disingenuous to the writing and then also just lazy to witness.
Well, I can explain it a lot, but first, would you step out the realm of cynicism for a second. You said "She shook herself a bit and gave you a small smile..." - without seeing it and only reading it, it gets fustrating watching a static image, feels disingenuous to the writing and then also just lazy to witness." How can you be so sure it's laziness and some way of deceiving?

No, the truth is much more simple. I initially started helping Samsam proof reading, I noticed the problems were deeper than a simple proofreading session, so we talked and we decided that I'd be the lead writer and I started rewriting the entire story. If you notice small details of things happening, it's not a lack of hard work or an attempt to deceive, rather it was because we, a, didn't have enough time, and b, we focused on other areas.

I've been working really hard to get everything done in time and we had delayed it a LONG time and we were getting restless, so even when we finally released, we had a mistake in the last scene that we had to correct a few hours later.

It's good to have your opinion, but please don't assume the worst just cause everything isn't perfect.
I really like the game so far I like that the mc isn't just another creepy arsehole I think we have seen enough of those.
I Also like all the girls so far. I'm interested in seeing where the story goes.
Thank you! I tried really hard into making sure he's a regular guy. All guys can be a bit chivalrous, a bit fun, a bit perverted, and a bit stupid. I wanted these aspects to show. However, I'd say MOST guys aren't going to be peaking into people's rooms randomly to get a hint of boob. That'd only be a total creep move. So yeah, I'm glad we could capture that a bit better.
First, thank you and Samsam3421 for the amazing work but I have a genuine question I played my fair share of VN it's almost always (oh the poor cheating ex it must have been sooo difficult and heartbreaking for her to cheat on the MC) it's like come on man there is a difference between being good MC and a doormat because she cried a little (crocodile tears). The MC's thoughts were really on point it's a shame he barely said anything that can be even considered slightly mean to her hell even a chuckle on the fact she got a taste of her own medicine would have been awesome but I guess that's just my dark sense of humor, my point is there is no redemption for her (she can turn cuckquean for all I care and it's still No) and taking an ex cheater back it's basically telling them "it's okay for them to cheat again and again because the mc is a sucker who will take them back every time". taking time to build her redemption it's just less time for the rest of the amazing characters and it seems most people already wrote her off as LI.

For the love of god more Lisa content.
Bro, I would very much like answer your question, but I can't as it'd be a spoiler. However, I will just let you know that there are reasons for everything. I was REALLY going deep into my mind palace thinking about how i could do some interesting storywork with a character like Rachel. If you want some more details, feel free to DM me, but I'll say this publicly:

If you're not sure about Rachel, or don't like the cheating thing, ignore for now. Next update we'll reveal some more of the story, and if it's not to your liking, there is a big "Leave her in the dust" button :)
Actually, there are already clues in the dialogue that MC might be missing a big piece of the puzzle, but yeah. Next update you'll know more.

Oh, and MC is NOT a sucker. But when I was writing that scene, MC was gonna blow up, but when I wrote in that Rachel basically destroys herself, I thought to stay MC rage. Sometimes people do something in real life, such as are overly critical of themselves, and it takes away some of your anger because you're so surprised. That's what happen to MC in this scenario. Hard to hit someone when they are already hitting themselves.

Also, don't worry about stories taking away from other stories. I've got PLENTY of ideas left cooking :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zoomaa and Joshy92

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
I actually like Rachel so far hopefully we get some more scenes with her as the game develops.
I might even give her a second chance, but I will have to wait and hear what she has to say first.
I thought the mc was a bit mean to her, I know he had his reasons but still.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you! I tried really hard into making sure he's a regular guy. All guys can be a bit chivalrous, a bit fun, a bit perverted, and a bit stupid. I wanted these aspects to show. However, I'd say MOST guys aren't going to be peaking into people's rooms randomly to get a hint of boob. That'd only be a total creep move. So yeah, I'm glad we could capture that a bit better.
Thanks for not making him a creep I have had to stop playing some visual novels in the past because the mc was creepy,
or all round just a mean person.

Saphfire

Mar 19, 2022
Ok 0.3 is the first version of this vn that i played, so i don´t have a clue how it was before.
But so far i really like what i see, except for the fact that the cheating ex will become a future li.
I would never touch a girl again that cheated on me, because if it happened once it is higly possible that she will do it again.
I subscribed on patreon, but i am really wondering why there is no content at all, lol?
Not even a changelog, come on....

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
Wait? This is the rework? Oh dear...

A lot of talk about things being avoidable, but right now this game might as well remove the few 'choices' and become fully kinetic.

MC is not a nice guy, he's a doormat with most characters and a subserviant moron with Lisa. Lisa will require a Netori tag, which is missing right now. Thx btw would have saved me a download if it was there.

Also I'm super grateful for the new nightmare: being a man servant to a trophy bimbo is the most horrible thing I can imagine.

This needs work from the ground up imho and telling people: 'Wait for it, it's gonna be better' is not gonna cut it for long. To many broken promises from devs on this site. Or to quote The King: Hope in one hand, shit in the other. See which one fills up first.

I know it seems hypocritical after the rant, but I still wish you guys the best.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
<3
I've run out of reactions, so I'll respond to you and then get some relaxation time.
I actually like Rachel so far hopefully we get some more scenes with her as the game develops.
I might even give her a second chance, but I will have to wait and hear what she has to say first.
I thought the mc was a bit mean to her, I know he had his reasons but still.
See this is difficult right? You thought MC was too mean, others thought he was too soft.

The truth is, I think MC just has empathy for her. Whether or not someone does something to hurt you, it doesn't mean you want them destroy themselves. Sure, people can be angry and emotional, but at the end of the day, I hope people can understand that things aren't so simple, that people change, and that there are simply big misunderstandings. That's what I want to do with Rachel. How can you look at this person in the face when as far as you know, betrayed you with no defense for herself. One wonders if this is intentional... o_O

Ok 0.3 is the first version of this vn that i played, so i don´t have a clue how it was before.
But so far i really like what i see, except for the fact that the cheating ex will become a future li.
I would never touch a girl again that cheated on me, because if it happened once it is higly possible that she will do it again.
I subscribed on patreon, but i am really wondering why there is no content at all, lol?
But as I said to people that don't like the Ex girlfriend, we'll get to the bottom of some of it next update, then you can decide to drop her if what you find out isn't to your liking.
Thanks for not making him a creep I have had to stop playing some visual novels in the past because the mc was creepy,
or all round just a mean person.
No problem. I don't like creepy MC's either. I hope you enjoy!
Sorry, we've been really busy, we will take care of that, my buddy Samsam3421 Should be on it soon! Thanks for letting us know! Sorry about that once again!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Joshy92

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Wait? This is the rework? Oh dear...

A lot of talk about things being avoidable, but right now this game might as well remove the few 'choices' and become fully kinetic.

MC is not a nice guy, he's a doormat with most characters and a subserviant moron with Lisa. Lisa will require a Netori tag, which is missing right now. Thx btw would have saved me a download if it was there.

Also I'm super grateful for the new nightmare: being a man servant to a trophy bimbo is the most horrible thing I can imagine.

This needs work from the ground up imho and telling people: 'Wait for it, it's gonna be better' is not gonna cut it for long. To many broken promises from devs on this site. Or to quote The King: Hope in one hand, shit in the other. See which one fills up first.

I know it seems hypocritical after the rant, but I still wish you guys the best.
I gotta go, so I'll answer your comment quickly.

I'm sorry you didn't like our game, but I would not characterize ANY of the game content as MC being a doormat. Just cause he was hired as a servant doesn't mean MC is one romantically. The truth is, MC is just doing his job with someone who just gave him a way out of his terrible situation. If this happened to you, would you be saying anything different? I can't relate to people that think that being respectful to the ladies in a game is somehow being a doormat.

I don't think once I wrote MC cowering in fear as the girls whipped him or something. No. Everything is MC doing his job as best he can. Frank/Mr. Wood makes jokes about doing anything his wife says because it's funny trope. Oh and please do NOT call Lisa a bimbo. She's FAR from that, she's just very naive :D

As far as "This needs work from the group up" We already did the work and I'm very happy where it is. If you don't think so, I'm sorry that we couldn't get it right in your eyes.

It's not hypocritical at all! Thanks so much for the good thoughts. Just cause we differ in opinion doesn't mean that we're not all people that have real emotions. I wish luck as well!

HM-Toro

Apr 29, 2023
Nope, you won't have to touch the Ex-Girlfriend if you won't want to. We want to establish a bit of catharsis and resolution for MC with her before we give you the option to opt out. Like MC needs to resolve the shit that happened in the past that way he can move on cause, as you'd imagine, her betrayal didn't help his OTHER issues. Every man/woman knows of a special person that knocked you off your ass for years. The ex is that person for MC.
I just finished playing this new version. At least there's nothing yet that raises the hate curve. Although that cheating whore got on my nerves so deeply in the last version that I had to play that part with the ctrl button down without reading anything. Fortunately nothing happened that happened in the previous version. You'll never get me to like that bitch, because it was written completely wrong from the start. You should never write a vanilla/harem game with some bitch who betrays the MC. At least don't force it to do anything with the MC or it's all air and it'll be like the previous version that the game was immediately deleted after forcing things with that bitch. Hopefully the promise holds that we will get rid of that bitch for good in the future. If I have to play with her, then I can't help myself and will delete the game again. This game just doesn't need that kind of material. Material like that easily ruins the whole game, as we saw in the previous version. And I don't see any point in digging up that kind of history from MC's past. Or at least not to bring that cheating bitch into the game as material. You can mention that the ex betrayed the MC, but to bring her as a character into the game is some incomprehensible bullshit.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I just finished playing this new version. At least there's nothing yet that raises the hate curve. Although that cheating whore got on my nerves so deeply in the last version that I had to play that part with the ctrl button down without reading anything. Fortunately nothing happened that happened in the previous version. You'll never get me to like that bitch, because it was written completely wrong from the start. You should never write a vanilla/harem game with some bitch who betrays the MC. At least don't force it to do anything with the MC or it's all air and it'll be like the previous version that the game was immediately deleted after forcing things with that bitch. Hopefully the promise holds that we will get rid of that bitch for good in the future. If I have to play with her, then I can't help myself and will delete the game again. This game just doesn't need that kind of material. Material like that easily ruins the whole game, as we saw in the previous version. And I don't see any point in digging up that kind of history from MC's past. Or at least not to bring that cheating bitch into the game as material. You can mention that the ex betrayed the MC, but to bring her as a character into the game is some incomprehensible bullshit.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'd send you a DM, but I can't, so if you'd like, send me one and we can talk about it a bit. As far as this game goes, Nothing the ex girlfriend said or did will affect the other characters. So if you want to know more, send me a line :)

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
i know Lisa is the main LI but it feels like she is the only LI shes getting way too much attention spent on her, we have barely spent any time with Emily and the game even had a month time skip which was all spent on Lisa, now to MC has gone away with the milfs leaving Emily alone yet again, and the cheating Ex will we find out she never really cheated on him or she cheated with another girl to try and save her as a LI otherwise who the fuck wants anything to do with a dirty cheating skank,

i also think the MC acts like a little puppy whenever he is around Lisa, you might say hes doing his job but the way he is acting is kinda annoying, ''Mrs Wood Mrs Wood Mrs Wood'' every time he speaks to her

HM-Toro

Apr 29, 2023
I hope people can understand that things aren't so simple, that people change, and that there are simply big misunderstandings.

It's just that simple. The bitch spread her legs and betrayed. Then it deserves no attention from me. And I don't care if she's a changed person. Let her change on her own or with someone else, but not me. After all that, I have nothing to say but "fuck you". Once a cheater - Always a cheater and there is no time in my life or game for the kind of trash that person is. This is one thing I will never forgive anyone for.

How can you look at this person in the face when as far as you know, betrayed you with no defense for herself. One wonders if this is intentional... o_O

There's one thing. I don't want to see the whole person after that. All the explanations are completely useless after a betrayal.
Sorry for chopping up your text, but I just had to comment on a few things.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
i know Lisa is the main LI but it feels like she is the only LI shes getting way too much attention spent on her, we have barely spent any time with Emily and the game even had a month time skip which was all spent on Lisa, now to MC has gone away with the milfs leaving Emily alone yet again, and the cheating Ex will we find out she never really cheated on him or she cheated with another girl to try and save her as a LI otherwise who the fuck wants anything to do with a dirty cheating skank,

i also think the MC acts like a little puppy whenever he is around Lisa, you might say hes doing his job but the way he is acting is kinda annoying, ''Mrs Wood Mrs Wood Mrs Wood'' every time he speaks to her
Okay! I get it, we'll get something good for Emily next update! :p

One thing you should know for context, and I"ve explained this in other posts, but I'm new on the now two person team. Lisa was THEE Love Interest to start. The game has just started, so of course the main love interest gets the most attention. We already have plans for adding scenes for the other girls. Some really like Emily so I'm gonna do a fun scene with her next update :D We are on update 3 for godsakes!

As far as the ex girlfriend, I like that you're thinking. Some people take what is in front of them and that's fine, but I appreciate the thought that it's good to speculate. Samsam and I are the devs, we can't just say "Actually, this is the story, let me tell you EVERY plot point so you don't have to experience the game" of course not. I'm just hoping that you like the characters enough to stick around. We're not playing any cheap tricks here. If you want to see what's up, we are here to continue this story. It's SOOOO early right now that I ask people have a little patience. If by update 6 or 7, then get on us about it :)

I'm sorry you don't like MC having some fun with his boss, especially if it makes him seem BETA or something, but they don't know each other very well. And our MC is a bit of a dork, so he's trying to be funny. Don't hold that against him. MC is just a random guy and there's this gorgeous woman in front of him. Between you and me, he likes older ladies as he once had a huge crush on one ;) But just because he's not in a totally comfortable place at the beginning, it doesn't mean he won't be able to feel more comfortable around the ladies in the future. If you played until the latest update, you know that some powerful seeds have been planted for both Nicole and Lisa. Now it's time to do the same with the other girls :)

Also, I even have multiple moments with characters calling him out on his passive nature. I think that's really good for him going forward because the MC has issues within himself that limits him. Small spoilers below:

MC has issues with intimacy, trust and abandonment. So most of the time he tries to look at thing positively and with little attachment. That's why the dinner scene at the villa is so important because he's clearly deflecting.

Again, just give us some more time :)

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes