VN Ren'Py Unexpected Opportunity [Ch. 6] [Sweetychily]

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
After playing this new version. I can say that it has improved a lot. Continue like this.
With regard to Rachel, I don't want harm to anyone, but I don't care how life goes for her either, the opposite of love is apathy, and that's what happens to me with her. If she really cheated on the mc I don't even know why we're going to see her. if the same thing happens to her now, it's called karma. And you say that she almost destroyed herself when she apologized. I don't see it that way, if for crying a little and saying 4 bad things about herself you have to forgive her. If she really wants a path of redemption it would be better for her to find someone else and try to make things right. Apologizing is very easy, it is not a silly mistake that we are talking about.

On the other hand, you have said that with her we will have the possibility of rejecting her, with the other Li will it be the same?

Good luck with your project

Sweetychily

Dev
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2023
Ok 0.3 is the first version of this vn that i played, so i don´t have a clue how it was before.
But so far i really like what i see, except for the fact that the cheating ex will become a future li.
I would never touch a girl again that cheated on me, because if it happened once it is higly possible that she will do it again.
I subscribed on patreon, but i am really wondering why there is no content at all, lol?
Not even a changelog, come on....
Sorry for not being a welcoming host... Now there is something and It's gonna be more for sure!
Thanks for your support!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Larry2000

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
Is there veiled incest (with the possibility of a patch) in this game?
I suppose there's an argument that Nicole could be the MC's aunt with a patch. She's known him since he was a child and is almost like a second mother to him, but making Lisa or any of the other girls related to the MC wouldn't make any sense. A sister is mentioned, but it seems unlikely that she will actually show up in the game.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Is there veiled incest (with the possibility of a patch) in this game?
Hmm, there is no veiled incest in the game. However, that fetish is up to my main man Samsam3421. I'd ask him about adding it or not. That's all I'll say :) If you look at one of his last posts he mentioned something avoidable :whistle:

https://f95zone.to/threads/unexpected-opportunity-v0-3-reworked-samsam3421.144688/post-10820817

I'll definitely say after the rework it looks promising especially with the some of the concerning things edited and it also looks like there'll be more flexibility in options moving ahead.

Though I am undecided on whether this game will focus on story/lore more or lewds? Has it been decided or have the Devs given it a thought?
Well, the game is very much focused on the story, but we're also going for, not only a slower pace, but good and effective teasing as well.

I'll pull back the curtain for a few ways we want MC to interact with the characters. If you've already played the update, you'll notice that characters like Lisa and Nicole, ESPECIALLY Lisa, love to just walk out in some daring outfits. This was initially just a sexy choice, but we've evolved it into an intentional things. Lisa as you've seen, is the embodiment of Alistar, the wholesome town our MC moves into. She's a naive gem that doesn't really have much shame or even a clue that her body is at all worthy of looking at. So she walks around in nightware, in bathtowels and stuff without any regards to how MC might be feeling. These things will be expanded on later, but we wanted to establish it early on.

If you like that, we're gonna introduce more fun stuff, especially games to push our characters (and MC ;) ) into "uncomfortable" situations! Truth or Dare being my favorite trope in VN's, as well as others. If you like those as much as I do, you'll enjoy the innocent lewding in the future :devilish:
That being said I think it's re beginning of the game, and playing it certainly gives a fresh new vibe; let's see how the Devs progress with this and one can imagine that the game develops on a steady pace and we all get a great game that ultimately gets completed too.

In case the dev is here thanks for reading and best wishes for ahead:)
We really appreciate your comment. It's comments like these that make us feel good! We worked hard on this, a little too hard on the day of release, but it's worth it to hear comments like these <3
On the other hand, you have said that with her we will have the possibility of rejecting her, with the other Li will it be the same?
Just to be clear, the game is pretty early, so we're still in a pretty early common route of the game. As it stands, we're just truly meeting the characters, so it'll take a little bit before we start diverging into paths, but rest assured that when we do, we'll make all strong fetishes, and bad vibes avoidable. To this end, we're making the Ex-Girlfriend avoidable, no matter how good her story is :)
With regard to Rachel, I don't want harm to anyone, but I don't care how life goes for her either, the opposite of love is apathy, and that's what happens to me with her. If she really cheated on the mc I don't even know why we're going to see her. if the same thing happens to her now, it's called karma. And you say that she almost destroyed herself when she apologized. I don't see it that way, if for crying a little and saying 4 bad things about herself you have to forgive her.
To be honest, that's a fair take. However, I see it slightly differently. I don't think it was MC pulling back and forgiving her nor is it MC losing heart. It's more of MC being truly caught off guard.

My reasoning is this, have you ever been mad at someone, like truly mad. Someone said something out of line for the last time and you're putting them on blast. You just start getting into them and then they break their facade and normal personality and show you a side you almost never see. They are truly sad and genuinely sorry. Then all of a sudden the anger that you felt, while not gone, doesn't feel as important. The person in front of you is now in an elevated and possibly unstable state and your priorities shift. It doesn't mean you've lost your anger, just that you decide that it's better not to push the issue.

This was my intention in that moment with his Ex. If you remember MC was about to dig into her before she bursts, and the words that MC said after were VERY important. He was pulling back for her sake in this moment just in case it pushed her into a point of no return moment. Also, if you read the scene again and pay attention to both MC and Rachel's words, you'll notice some small inconsistencies in their words and conclusions.

Apr 29, 2021
Well, the game is very much focused on the story, but we're also going for, not only a slower pace, but good and effective teasing as well.

I'll pull back the curtain for a few ways we want MC to interact with the characters. If you've already played the update, you'll notice that characters like Lisa and Nicole, ESPECIALLY Lisa, love to just walk out in some daring outfits. This was initially just a sexy choice, but we've evolved it into an intentional things. Lisa as you've seen, is the embodiment of Alistar, the wholesome town our MC moves into. She's a naive gem that doesn't really have much shame or even a clue that her body is at all worthy of looking at. So she walks around in nightware, in bathtowels and stuff without any regards to how MC might be feeling. These things will be expanded on later, but we wanted to establish it early on.
Sounds like you guys have your bases covered up which is I am glad about! Just 2 more things or suggestions I wanna add on which might or might not work as I am not a dev myself but yea as a player I'll recommend these two things -

1. Is the patreon page ready? Last time I checked I think it didn't have much or any info, if it's changed now that's great. And if it's changed and you're planning to use Patreon or any other platform it would be really good if you're able to do something like a weekly progress or update for the game, it builds credibility and allows transparency and trust in the work of dev

2. Seeing from your replies to people on this community about game characters it's pretty clear to me that you have strong idea of what personalities you want to showcase for the girls(Lisa, Emily etc.). It would be definitely good if you can make them stick to their character, that is for instance you have stressed on the fact that how Lisa is a naive gem so from a player's perspective we kinda expect that narrative to be there consistently. For sure there can be minor variations along the way but just to accommodate lewds or some plot in the story, Lisa shouldn't act out of her character and become someone else, this same thing holds true for other characters as well. If you break the personalities of the characters once it becomes damn hard for the players to reconnect and believe what's the true nature of LI, so kindly remember this while trying to experiment with variety of themes in the VN.

Apart from this as I said I liked the things here, looks promising and worthy enough to be on the watchlist for checking progress.

Thanks for reading and replying back Devs, best wishes for ahead:)

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
1. Is the patreon page ready? Last time I checked I think it didn't have much or any info, if it's changed now that's great. And if it's changed and you're planning to use Patreon or any other platform it would be really good if you're able to do something like a weekly progress or update for the game, it builds credibility and allows transparency and trust in the work of dev
Yeah, sorry about that. We've kind of been behind things because we were so busy with other things. Samsam is in charge of the patreon, and he's recently added a few posts. We have some growing pains with the Patreon page, but we're gonna have a discussion about how to upgrade it and make it better. There are now 2 Patron only posts. But if you're concerned about a better page, While I'd love for you to join, I understand if you want to hold out until we have a nicer page and that's fair. But rest assured we'll get it done and get better :D

As far as the weekly updates and stuff I'm totally for it. I think it shouldn't be hard to make a post at least once a week, no matter how busy things are. We're both new, so we're just learning, but we'll also make some posts that are not patron only posts, so that other can have an idea of progress as well.
2. Seeing from your replies to people on this community about game characters it's pretty clear to me that you have strong idea of what personalities you want to showcase for the girls(Lisa, Emily etc.). It would be definitely good if you can make them stick to their character, that is for instance you have stressed on the fact that how Lisa is a naive gem so from a player's perspective we kinda expect that narrative to be there consistently. For sure there can be minor variations along the way but just to accommodate lewds or some plot in the story, Lisa shouldn't act out of her character and become someone else, this same thing holds true for other characters as well. If you break the personalities of the characters once it becomes damn hard for the players to reconnect and believe what's the true nature of LI, so kindly remember this while trying to experiment with variety of themes in the VN.
I'm way ahead of you. I'm also not a fan of that kind of stuff. Not just when bad tags are added where a character acts differently like night and day; rather, there are many instances where characters will do something they would never do. Example, Innocent girl all of a sudden grabs your dick and smiles or Confident strong girl gets yelled at and she runs away. Some of these CAN be explained by writing in SOME cases, but in most cases, they are just a huge break of character that alienates people.

So yeah, I highly doubt I'll do anything that way. I will once again pull the curtain back. In spoilers below, though no big spoilers, bigger developmental spoilers will be inline as well. :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Apart from this as I said I liked the things here, looks promising and worthy enough to be on the watchlist for checking progress.

Thanks for reading and replying back Devs, best wishes for ahead:)
Thanks for giving us a chance after a rocky start. I don't know if you saw the original version, but while not bad, it was not deep enough for the awesome love interests Samsam3421 created :D

Much love!

Reactions: Sweetychily

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
My reasoning is this, have you ever been mad at someone, like truly mad. Someone said something out of line for the last time and you're putting them on blast. You just start getting into them and then they break their facade and normal personality and show you a side you almost never see. They are truly sad and genuinely sorry. Then all of a sudden the anger that you felt, while not gone, doesn't feel as important. The person in front of you is now in an elevated and possibly unstable state and your priorities shift. It doesn't mean you've lost your anger, just that you decide that it's better not to push the issue.
Thinking about it, this is actually a very good point. Sometimes we get so blinded by our hatred of certain things in VNs (for me, LIs that cheat/have cheated on the MC is one of those things) that we don't think rationally about how the MC should act. The MC is shown to be a somewhat decent/nice guy so it doesn't really fit his personality to lay into someone that is breaking down crying. Most people with an ounce of empathy probably wouldn't do that even if they were angry. I still think the MC should have just blocked her number and cut her out of his life for good, but since he didn't do that, the way he handled the conversation with her was maybe not as bad as i first thought. Taking her back/forgiving her would be a mistake (she made her bed, now she can lie in it), but hearing her out might not be the worst thing. The MC can at least get some closure that way.

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Am I the only one willing to give Rachel a chance to explain herself lol
It's going to be interesting to see how the mc handles falling in love with Lisa because she is married
I think he will Have a lot of conflicting feelings.

• Red Heart

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Thinking about it, this actually a very good point. Sometimes we get so blinded by our hatred of certain things in VNs (for me, LIs that cheat/have cheated on the MC is one of those things) that we don't think rationally about how the MC should act. The MC is shown to be a somewhat decent/nice guy so it doesn't really fit his personality to lay into someone that is breaking down crying. Most people with an ounce of empathy probably wouldn't do that even if they were angry. I still think the MC should have just blocked her number and cut her out of his life for good, but since he didn't do that, the way he handled the conversation with her was maybe not as bad as i first thought. Taking her back/forgiving her would be a mistake (she made her bed, now she can lie in it), but hearing her out might not be the worst thing. The MC can at least get some closure that way.
Cue the "My heart!" gifs I'm too lazy to grab.

Exactly what I was going for in the scene. As I said, I just want you to hear her explanation. That's why I didn't put the choice in the rewrite, cause not only do MC and Rachel need time to process it, so do I as the writer. I need space to let the scene breathe. If you noticed, I also let the day before roll over to the next day. I had MC recall how shitty he felt the night before when a lot of VN's would just treat the scenes and the next day separate. In the next update currently have two scenes I 100% am going to add.
1. An awesome Emily scene that everyone and their mother are waiting for :)
2. The true confrontation with Rachel. A lot of things will be said. It'll probably not be completely clear to MC, but it WILL be clear to the audience what the situation is O_O

One last thing, I hate multiple protagonists in games. I will never do that, but I do love small scenes/vignettes of characters where we briefly hear their thoughts. If you notice I had one with Taylor in this past update. MC doesn't know why she text herself to MC, but the audience already knows why :sneaky:

I'll try to add scenes like that, that are both insightful and in some cases, fun!

Hope you look forward to the next update and if you love our work you can support us on our Patreon :D It's a little barebones at the moment, but we'll get it looking good!

Reactions: hysepReC

onefingersalute

Formerly 'underwatersparkle'
Mar 30, 2022
this is nice and all lets hope you keep it going an not keep rehashing the thing good decent story keep it up

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
This is much better on the reading front. Really digging it now. I'm in the forgive and forget camp with regards to Rachel, life's complicated and people fuck up. Especially not actually being MC it's easier to forgive and move on. Plus I'm interested to see what the writer has in store for all the girls there's clearly an undercurrent of something with all of them.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
2. The true confrontation with Rachel. A lot of things will be said. It'll probably not be completely clear to MC, but it WILL be clear to the audience what the situation is O_O
You're doing yourself no favors by forcing the players to listen to her explanation. Some people despise cheaters with a fiery passion and no explanation is ever gonna be good enough. All you gonna reap from this are gonna be angry comments and maybe a couple rage quits. I've seen it happen in other games, Fallen Roads comes to mind.

Btw I still think your should have a netori, or cheating, or maybe even cuckholding tag considering Lisa and the Old Fart and all.

Reactions: JonTommy

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
Just to be clear, the game is pretty early, so we're still in a pretty early common route of the game. As it stands, we're just truly meeting the characters, so it'll take a little bit before we start diverging into paths, but rest assured that when we do, we'll make all strong fetishes, and bad vibes avoidable. To this end, we're making the Ex-Girlfriend avoidable, no matter how good her story is :)
Thank you very much for taking your time to answer me. More than fetishes or bad vibes, it's a matter of I've never liked being forced to be with a specific Li. (Call her Lisa, Emily or whatever you want) I've always thought that even if a game is harem, one has to be able to choose the ones you like.
To be honest, that's a fair take. However, I see it slightly differently. I don't think it was MC pulling back and forgiving her nor is it MC losing heart. It's more of MC being truly caught off guard.

This was my intention in that moment with his Ex. If you remember MC was about to dig into her before she bursts, and the words that MC said after were VERY important. He was pulling back for her sake in this moment just in case it pushed her into a point of no return moment. Also, if you read the scene again and pay attention to both MC and Rachel's words, you'll notice some small inconsistencies in their words and conclusions.
In that sense, I think like hysepReC, for me what bothers me is that instead of deleting the message , blocking Rachel and trying to continue with his life, Mc decides that the best thing to do is go see her. Once the MC is there, he does the right thing. It is not worth taking the discussion further.
And to answer you, if it has happened to me in real life, but with someone I really care about, fortunately never on a similar topic. If someone betrays me like this, I'm sorry but if I've seen you I don't remember. That person is dead to me.
Edited: typos

Last edited:

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
You're doing yourself no favors by forcing the players to listen to her explanation. Some people despise cheaters with a fiery passion and no explanation is ever gonna be good enough. All you gonna reap from this are gonna be angry comments and maybe a couple rage quits. I've seen it happen in other games, Fallen Roads comes to mind.

Btw I still think your should have a netori, or cheating, or maybe even cuckholding tag considering Lisa and the Old Fart and all.
I appreciate the advice. Luckily, I've been on this site a long time and I understand all of this already. However, these tags are only added after these things have already happened, which at this point they haven't. However, adding them to the planned tags isn't a bad way to go :) So I'll make note of Netori and Cheating, the other doesn't qualify. It's Netori, that stands on it's own.

Also, I'm making her optional, I've already gotten comments of people saying they won't forgive her and stuff, but it's also my and Samsam3421's prerogative to let our characters represent themselves. If you don't like it, you can avoid her. If it's risky, I've already explained in way too many words in the last 3 pages why we decided it :)

I hope you like it!

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019

How do you figure it needs the cuckolding tag? It's NOT the MC getting cucked. So, that tag isn't needed here. Netori yes. Cheating, probably.

• Red Heart

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Thank you very much for taking your time to answer me. More than fetishes or bad vibes, it's a matter of I've never liked being forced to be with a specific Li. (Call her Lisa, Emily or whatever you want) I've always thought that even if a game is harem, one has to be able to choose the ones you like.

In that sense, I think like hysepReC, for me what bothers me is that instead of deleting the message , blocking Rachel and trying to continue with his life, Mc decides that the best thing to do is go see her. Once the MC is there, he does the right thing. It is not worth taking the discussion further.
And to answer you, if it has happened to me in real life, but with someone I really care about, fortunately never on a similar topic. If someone betrays me like this, I'm sorry but if I've seen you I don't remember. That person is dead to me.
Edited: typos
I can see your point. But again, we still wish to tell it this way. Let me give you something to think about, if I told you this game is better than say, Being a Dik, would you believe me? Probably not. Because it's not likely, however, if I said it was better than rookie JoeShmo Dev's game? Then maybe you will. There is a sense that there is a sliding scale of credibility. The same thing can be said for characters. Maybe things people say aren't always what we think of them.

In this way, if you've played the game, you'll notice that MC deflects during a conversation about him at the dinner table during the vacation. WE as players know his thoughts and that he's lying, but the characters don't. However, when characters say something, we can't always know that they are telling the truth. Same way that we can't tell if the MC is an unreliable narrator. He's not. He's reliable. haha!

We all have a face that we hold inside, face that awakes when we close our eyes. Face that watches everytime we lie, Face that laughs everytime we fall. Basically, there's a part of the characters past that they don't wish for us to know. :)
It will be revealed and if you hate it, I'll be here for you to (Metaphorically) crucify me.

Have a nice day and sorry for the Link Park lyrics, it just fit so well with my point :D

Last edited:

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
I can see your point. But again, we still wish to tell it this way. Let me give you something to think about, if I told you this game is better than say, Being a Dik, would you believe me? Probably not. Because it's not likely, however, if I said it was better than rookie JoeShmo Dev's game? Then maybe you will. There is a sense that there is a sliding scale of credibility. The same thing can be said for characters. Maybe things people say aren't always what we think of them.

In this way, if you've played the game, you'll notice that MC deflects during a conversation about him at the dinner table during the vacation. WE as players know his thoughts and that he's lying, but the characters don't. However, when characters say something, we can't always know that they are telling the truth. Same way that we can't tell if the MC is an unreliable narrator. He's not. He's reliable. haha!

We all have a face that we hold inside, face that awakes when we close our eyes. Face that watches everytime we lie, Face that laughs everytime we fall. Basically, there's a part of the characters past that they don't wish for us to know. :)
It will be revealed and if you hate it, I'll be here for you to (Metaphorically) crucify me.

Have a nice day and sorry for the Link Park lyrics, it just fit so well with my point :D
Sorry if I expressed myself badly. First of all, I don't want you to change anything you have in mind for the story, it's your story, not mine. I only gave my opinion regarding what we have seen so far. I was simply surprised by Mc's attitude and how quickly he decides to go see her. Whether true or false, at least Mc thinks that Rachel cheated on him. From here we will see where the story goes.
Don't worry, I won't go looking for you XD, I don't hate any game or character. All this in the end is fiction. If I like it, I play it and if not, I play something else, but that's as far as I go. all the best

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Sorry if I expressed myself badly. First of all, I don't want you to change anything you have in mind for the story, it's your story, not mine. I only gave my opinion regarding what we have seen so far. I was simply surprised by Mc's attitude and how quickly he decides to go see her. Whether true or false, at least Mc thinks that Rachel cheated on him. From here we will see where the story goes.
Don't worry, I won't go looking for you XD, I don't hate any game or character. All this in the end is fiction. If I like it, I play it and if not, I play something else, but that's as far as I go. all the best
Hope you'll stick around till at least next update :) Thanks for being so nice and understanding. Have a good one!

Me and Tulin have to save the Rito Village now!

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes