VN Ren'Py Unexpected Opportunity [Ch. 6] [Sweetychily]

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Just started and already got 2 stupid single choice menus in a row. This is not a good first impression.
Fake choices are not gameplay, it's annoying.
Artifacts my good TM, merely artifacts. When SamSam first made the game there were these choices he made. However, in the rewrite, we removed a decent chunk of them, but some were there for flavor. Though later, if/when we add relationship points, there will be a point to choices like those. As it stands, not yet :)

Hope it's not too annoying for you friend :D

THE KILLER 13

Sep 13, 2022
I'm just saying that part of the public (not all) who consume incest are a group easier to please than others, like putting a hot mother and a horny kid wanting to fuck that already satisfy them regardless of any premise. I fit in with that sometimes but maybe it's the fault of the developers themselves who got us used to it, what I don't understand is why some complain so much about the sameness of incestuous games considering that games without incest are almost always more of the same

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
If anyone has played to the end of the latest update, I was proud of the scene with MC and Lisa drunk in the pool. I was very touched when I wrote it, but I was playing it for the first time the day of release with all the renders and I was very pleased with it. It could have gone in many ways, but I choose MC to be the vulnerable one because alcohol let him release his inhibitions and he could be honest. Then it's the VERY drunk Lisa that wordlessly put him at ease.... Well, until... she also freaks out and leaves. I really hope people can replay this scene in 0.4 because we were missing the main ingredient for that scene: MUSIC!
That was a nice scene (although i wish she hadn't run off at the end lol) but my favourite one was when Nicole made Lisa touch the MC's chest and then had to pull her off before she got carried away. I like this kind of teasing. Gotta say, Lisa is lucky that the MC is such a nice guy. He could easily take advantage of her naivety if he wanted to!

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
That was a nice scene (although i wish she hadn't run off at the end lol) but my favourite one was when Nicole made Lisa touch the MC's chest and then had to pull her off before she got carried away. I like this kind of teasing. Gotta say, Lisa is lucky that the MC is such a nice guy. He could easily take advantage of her naivety if he wanted to!
If we had the music in play, you'd have understood why she ran away ;) HINT HINT!

Haha! It's funny cause that scene was one of the first scenes I wrote for 0.3. I wrote it before I had even finished the content for the remake. Samsam was the one that wrote that initial script and I was adding some flavor to it. Anyway, it's truly funny cause I wrote it almost 3 weeks before release, so I had forgotten about going through so much rewriting. So when I came back and read it with all the renders I didn't know waht to expect. haha!

I'm also a big fan of that kind of teasing. This game will FILLED with that kind of teasing. We'll have games being played, Truth or Dare, fun stuff that gives us plenty of opportunities tease ;)

As for Lisa being lucky, That was one of the reason why I picked up the game. Because I wanted this truly amazing and innocent woman interacting with a normal guy with his own issues and seeing how this guy COULD do something bad, but won't. The common theme of this game is the town of Aristar. How the town transforms you. How Emily grew to be so empathetic and accepting even though she grew up in a bad city that made her not trust others for a long time; how Nicole's story (yet to be revealed) and her character has changed since moving to the city. However, to pull a little bit of the curtain, so far, Lisa and Taylor are the only ones born in Aristar, the city of wholesome :p

Samsam and I hope to bring in more interesting characters. For example, we might want to add a few more variations for body types and skin tone :) One thing that was missed by some are girls with less chest, we're hoping to bring someone along of that kind. A girl with a little bit more filling in the middle ;) and a girl that has a darker complexion :D

Anarchy2000

Feb 12, 2023
I'm just saying that part of the public (not all) who consume incest are a group easier to please than others, like putting a hot mother and a horny kid wanting to fuck that already satisfy them regardless of any premise. I fit in with that sometimes but maybe it's the fault of the developers themselves who got us used to it, what I don't understand is why some complain so much about the sameness of incestuous games considering that games without incest are almost always more of the same
some people don't accept that we complain about the sameness of games without the incest tag that's the problem, for example I went to complain about a game because of the repetitive premise of the mc starting a new life in another city and the school environment, it was a facepalm festival for me lol and worse they sent me to create an innovative game since I'm complaining lol.

its always the same argument

Reactions: Orlox

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
some people don't accept that we complain about the sameness of games without the incest tag that's the problem, for example I went to complain about a game because of the repetitive premise of the mc starting a new life in another city and the school environment, it was a facepalm festival for me lol and worse they sent me to create an innovative game since I'm complaining lol.

We've all been facepalmed and told to make our own games. I call that...

• Haha
Reactions: Anarchy2000

incest lover m/s

Mar 27, 2022

in politics here in brazil it's more or less like this too if you complain about a certain president some stupid people tell you to run for office, win and do better kkk

• Haha
Reactions: Anarchy2000

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017

I think the reason people are annoyed by that complaining is because of the same reason you complain. When in a vacuum, you see things as the same. This site being a vacuum of ideas, but when you look outside it, it's the same in every type of media. Hollywood hitching their trucks on old ideas; animation studios investing the same safe series or big time directors; or literature focusing on the same themes race/inequality/etc. The things that all of these things have in common are thta most of these things are inherently human in nature in terms of content, and the issue with recycled ideas is about profits and risk aversion.

All of this is to say, old ideas are easier to sell to people, and most people on average would rather see the same thing than a new thing.

That said, as you can tell, our game suffers from the same issue as what you were pointing out. That is due to a number of factors, most of which is my partners lack of initial storytelling skills. It's only once you game can be properly scrutinized will an amateur writer/creator see that there was anything wrong in the first place.

Having taken over lead writer duty, I've been doing my best to use my experience to try and shake off this initial tried genre/premise and turn it into something SLIGHTLY more unique :)

In this case, I had an idea based on his first version and attached myself to the town of Aristar and the rest of the story is history. The premise of the story now is that MC is moving into this wholesome city, but in many ways, he's the one person who can see things as they are, where others might be a little too accepting. If you've played, you'll notice that the only guy we see so far is an old man that is wholesome to a T. A guy that is willing to accept anything MC says no matter circumstance. This Samsam3421 and I are planning to play with in the future for lewd activities :devilish:

But also, this isn't without guilt and short term consequences ;)

Long story short, if you start with a same-song-and-dance concept, it's best to do your best to make it yours. I feel we've done that with ours :)

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk!

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
First impressions: Lisa is fine until that event happened at the pool and without even a proper apology or at least an explanation for why she acted like that, with it Nicole covering up Lisa about that issue, hence the hatred towards men, because of what apparently happened to her with her husband, what is the MC's fault, besides that, she has known him since he was a child and that, she does not care about including the MC in the bag that all men are the same; hence the girl from the cafeteria was fine until she used the MC without warning and without any explanation, just to get a discount at the Gym, with this the girl from the gym seemed nice and I felt sorry for her situation, however from the nothing her way of messing with it is to use the pathetic excuse that she got the wrong button and that's why I'm sending you that, why not just explain what happened to her and with that tell the MC that it was like that with her she gets retribution for what it happened to her with her boyfriend (well ex-boyfriend I would say); There is also the ex-girlfriend who, regardless of the situation that is happening, and the MC should be happy because that way that bitch can feel what the MC felt when she cheated on him, because she doesn't care about the years they shared together and more, like that what a bitch ex-girlfriend to rot where it doesn't stink, that's where Lisa's friend's other redheaded MILF comes from, who is the typical flirtatious and cock-thirsty MILF who's fine for a fuck, but no further, and with that no LI is worth it So far, I hope that sooner rather than later Nicole's daughter appears and is an LI and it's worth it and if it's not too much to ask for the MC's sister to appear and tell her the truth for giving information about the MC to the bitch ex-girlfriend and with giving her a good fuck for being a bad sister, well, just let the game go the better way, good luck

Anarchy2000

Feb 12, 2023
I think the reason people are annoyed by that complaining is because of the same reason you complain. When in a vacuum, you see things as the same. This site being a vacuum of ideas, but when you look outside it, it's the same in every type of media. Hollywood hitching their trucks on old ideas; animation studios investing the same safe series or big time directors; or literature focusing on the same themes race/inequality/etc. The things that all of these things have in common are thta most of these things are inherently human in nature in terms of content, and the issue with recycled ideas is about profits and risk aversion.

All of this is to say, old ideas are easier to sell to people, and most people on average would rather see the same thing than a new thing.

That said, as you can tell, our game suffers from the same issue as what you were pointing out. That is due to a number of factors, most of which is my partners lack of initial storytelling skills. It's only once you game can be properly scrutinized will an amateur writer/creator see that there was anything wrong in the first place.

Having taken over lead writer duty, I've been doing my best to use my experience to try and shake off this initial tried genre/premise and turn it into something SLIGHTLY more unique :)

In this case, I had an idea based on his first version and attached myself to the town of Aristar and the rest of the story is history. The premise of the story now is that MC is moving into this wholesome city, but in many ways, he's the one person who can see things as they are, where others might be a little too accepting. If you've played, you'll notice that the only guy we see so far is an old man that is wholesome to a T. A guy that is willing to accept anything MC says no matter circumstance. This Samsam3421 and I are planning to play with in the future for lewd activities :devilish:

But also, this isn't without guilt and short term consequences ;)

Long story short, if you start with a same-song-and-dance concept, it's best to do your best to make it yours. I feel we've done that with ours :)

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk!
I liked your point of view, as for the game I promise I'll keep an eye out

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
First impressions: Lisa is fine until that event happened at the pool and without even a proper apology or at least an explanation for why she acted like that, with it Nicole covering up Lisa about that issue, hence the hatred towards men, because of what apparently happened to her with her husband, what is the MC's fault, besides that, she has known him since he was a child and that, she does not care about including the MC in the bag that all men are the same; hence the girl from the cafeteria was fine until she used the MC without warning and without any explanation, just to get a discount at the Gym, with this the girl from the gym seemed nice and I felt sorry for her situation, however from the nothing her way of messing with it is to use the pathetic excuse that she got the wrong button and that's why I'm sending you that, why not just explain what happened to her and with that tell the MC that it was like that with her she gets retribution for what it happened to her with her boyfriend (well ex-boyfriend I would say); There is also the ex-girlfriend who, regardless of the situation that is happening, and the MC should be happy because that way that bitch can feel what the MC felt when she cheated on him, because she doesn't care about the years they shared together and more, like that what a bitch ex-girlfriend to rot where it doesn't stink, that's where Lisa's friend's other redheaded MILF comes from, who is the typical flirtatious and cock-thirsty MILF who's fine for a fuck, but no further, and with that no LI is worth it So far, I hope that sooner rather than later Nicole's daughter appears and is an LI and it's worth it and if it's not too much to ask for the MC's sister to appear and tell her the truth for giving information about the MC to the bitch ex-girlfriend and with giving her a good fuck for being a bad sister, well, just let the game go the better way, good luck
I can't say that all of what you said was fair to us honestly. I think everything has a pretty explanation. Maybe the issue is you only care about what the MC feels but don't particular care to understand the negative emotions the Love Interests are feeling.

Rachel, the ex girlfriend is the most fair, but saying Taylor, the gym girl used him and didn't have a good reason is unfair to our story. What other plausible explanation would you have if you did something impulsive? She's never been in that situation before. I know I wouldn't be good at handling the cheating from a partner if I happened, the same with Taylor. Emily I don't have to defend.

First impressions: Lisa is fine until that event happened at the pool and without even a proper apology or at least an explanation for why she acted like that,
Though, one that is fair to point out is this. There IS a reason why she ran away in the pool, and the reason you don't know is cause there was meant to be music in that scene, but we ran out of time. We're planning to add music into the whole game by update 0.4. But that scene with Lisa needed a song to understand what happened in that scene, but as I said, we didn't have the time to add it.

Reactions: Sweetychily

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
I can't say that all of what you said was fair to us honestly. I think everything has a pretty explanation. Maybe the issue is you only care about what the MC feels but don't particular care to understand the negative emotions the Love Interests are feeling.

Rachel, the ex girlfriend is the most fair, but saying Taylor, the gym girl used him and didn't have a good reason is unfair to our story. What other plausible explanation would you have if you did something impulsive? She's never been in that situation before. I know I wouldn't be good at handling the cheating from a partner if I happened, the same with Taylor. Emily I don't have to defend.

Though, one that is fair to point out is this. There IS a reason why she ran away in the pool, and the reason you don't know is cause there was meant to be music in that scene, but we ran out of time. We're planning to add music into the whole game by update 0.4. But that scene with Lisa needed a song to understand what happened in that scene, but as I said, we didn't have the time to add it.
I didn't say that Taylor used it, but Emily used it to get that couples discount at the gym, as for Taylor I said that it was the excuse that she got the wrong button is pathetic in my opinion, it would have been better to say the It's true that she saw her boyfriend cheating on her and that she wanted a form of revenge and that's why she decided to send the photos to the MC, as for Lisa I understood the context and also that there was background music because the MC himself mentions it at the end of the update, what seems wrong to me is that Lisa's way of acting towards the feelings of gratitude from the MC and with that Nicole wants to cover Lisa with a bad excuse that she had to go to the bathroom and that detracts points from her so much like Lisa, that's why I also stated that so far, I repeat So far no LI is worth it and with that I also hope that this changes in the following update or if they decide to make Nicole's daughter an LI that is Well

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I didn't say that Taylor used it, but Emily used it to get that couples discount at the gym, as for Taylor I said that it was the excuse that she got the wrong button is pathetic in my opinion, it would have been better to say the It's true that she saw her boyfriend cheating on her and that she wanted a form of revenge and that's why she decided to send the photos to the MC, as for Lisa I understood the context and also that there was background music because the MC himself mentions it at the end of the update, what seems wrong to me is that Lisa's way of acting towards the feelings of gratitude from the MC and with that Nicole wants to cover Lisa with a bad excuse that she had to go to the bathroom and that detracts points from her so much like Lisa, that's why I also stated that so far, I repeat So far no LI is worth it and with that I also hope that this changes in the following update or if they decide to make Nicole's daughter an LI that is Well
You say no love interest is "worth it" which is your opinion of course, but I still don't see what's wrong with the way they are presented that makes you feel that way. Sure, there are some bad excuses or whatever from Taylor, but I wrote it like that because it's a janky, but plausible scenario. Sure, it's not likely, but she's not good at deception either :)

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Have a nice day!

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
You say no love interest is "worth it" which is your opinion of course, but I still don't see what's wrong with the way they are presented that makes you feel that way. Sure, there are some bad excuses or whatever from Taylor, but I wrote it like that because it's a janky, but plausible scenario. Sure, it's not likely, but she's not good at deception either :)

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Have a nice day!
It's not worth it, for now, I know that will change and then I'll love either one or all of them, but I was just giving my opinion and good luck with the game and a nice day and the rest of the week too

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
It's not worth it, for now, I know that will change and then I'll love either one or all of them, but I was just giving my opinion and good luck with the game and a nice day and the rest of the week too
Hmm, okay. When I see language so clear cut, it really hard for me to see subtlety in it. It makes more sense when you talk about the overall take of each character. That makes much more sense to me and thank you for explaining yourself. If I'm being honest, I thought you were just hating on the girls we made and I didn't feel it was fair. This explanation helps me understand your true intentions. Thank you for playing our game and thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
the girl from the cafeteria was fine until she used the MC without warning and without any explanation, just to get a discount at the Gym
Larry2000 since you don't feel the need to defend Emily, I shall.

1. Emily took time out just to cheer the MC up. She didn't have to. But she did because she's cool and awesome. Which now makes her a friend.

2. The MC said he wanted to join a gym, Emily found a good one. So, who really gives a shit in how she set it up? We've all depended on a friend to help us with stuff.

3. I don't actually have a 3rd reason here, unless I let my bias kick in and say that Emily is the best girl in the game.

So, if you've never had a friend that did weird shit, then you must be the weird friend.

Last edited:

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Larry2000 since you don't feel the need to defemd Emily, I shall.

1. Emily took time out just to cheer the MC up. She didn't have to. But she did because she's cool and awesome. Which now makes her a friend.

2. The MC said he wanted to join a gym, Emily found a good one. So, who really gives a shit in how she set it up? We've all depended on a friend to help us with stuff.

3. I don't actually have a 3rd reason here, unless I let my bias kick in and say that Emily is the best girl in the game.

So, if you've never had a friend that did weird shit, then you must be the weird friend.
hahaa! I hope you didn't think I didn't WANT to defend Emily. I just didn't think she needed defending cause she's a gem <3

But yeah, Emily is a great friend. Dev insights incoming! Originally Sam came up with the idea that Emily has MC pretend to be boyfriend and girlfriend. However, I added the membership discount cause I thought it fit her spunky and spontaneous personality. Emily is a gem that should be polished and untarnished forever :love:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
hahaa! I hope you didn't think I didn't WANT to defend Emily. I just didn't think she needed defending cause she's a gem <3

But yeah, Emily is a great friend. Dev insights incoming! Originally Sam came up with the idea that Emily has MC pretend to be boyfriend and girlfriend. However, I added the membership discount cause I thought it fit her spunky and spontaneous personality. Emily is a gem that should be polished and untarnished forever :love:
Which is why I said she's the best girl. The rest got nothing for me. Sorry to Samsam3421 and you. But as you already know my reasons.

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
Larry2000 since you don't feel the need to defemd Emily, I shall.

Wow now it makes all sense, I would be the weird friend and as for Emily, she is right that it helps the MC and the option 3 could be that Emily is hot and with that cafe outfit, it just makes you want to rip her off and fuck her until dawn

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 19 Votes