Unfuckable female character?

Syploore

Jun 14, 2020
Hey, everybody. I'm interested in this question: is it possible (without it being gameover for the player) to add an adult attractive female character to an adult visual novel, important to the plot but not make her a love interest? Has this been done before and, if so, how was it received by the players? How would you personally feel about having a female character important to the story but not being able to have a romance with her, given that the game features other attractive female characters who ARE a love interest.

Example: The main character has a sister who acts as a friend, advisor, or just a sister, but is NOT a love interest, hence no incest.

The sister can be replaced with a childhood friend, a coworker, a friend's girlfriend, and so on.

And a follow-up question: If an attractive female character who is NOT a love interest but is in a relationship with another male character, but their love life goes on without the player seeing it, how would you feel about that?

I know that from player to player preferences are different and tastes differ, but I'm asking each of you personally. I'd like to hear your answer.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Hey, everybody. I'm interested in this question: is it possible (without it being gameover for the player) to add an adult attractive female character to an adult visual novel, important to the plot but not make her a love interest? Has this been done before and, if so, how was it received by the players? How would you personally feel about having a female character important to the story but not being able to have a romance with her, given that the game features other attractive female characters who ARE a love interest.

Example: The main character has a sister who acts as a friend, advisor, or just a sister, but is NOT a love interest, hence no incest.

The sister can be replaced with a childhood friend, a coworker, a friend's girlfriend, and so on.

And a follow-up question: If an attractive female character who is NOT a love interest but is in a relationship with another male character, but their love life goes on without the player seeing it, how would you feel about that?

I know that from player to player preferences are different and tastes differ, but I'm asking each of you personally. I'd like to hear your answer.
I mean, yeah, it can be done and has been done before. Just be aware that there are people that will complain about it. But, as long as it reaches the audience you want it to reach, who cares?

Syploore

Jun 14, 2020
I mean, yeah, it can be done and has been done before. Just be aware that there are people that will complain about it. But, as long as it reaches the audience you want it to reach, who cares?
Can you please share examples where this has been implemented if you remember?

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Being a Dik, one of the most popular games on this site, has unfuckable pretty females in it.

Syploore

Jun 14, 2020
Being a Dik, one of the most popular games on this site, has unfuckable pretty females in it.
But they're not important to the plot. The ones that are important are fuckable. If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear the names of the characters you're referring to. Maybe I'm forgetting someone.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
It's been a while since I've played it, honestly. I just remembered talking to girls that weren't LIs. I couldn't tell you any of the girls names in that game currently, lol. I also remember at least a couple school based games where there were interactable females you couldn't sex up. Were they important? Who knows, I'm going off my senile brain memory here.

But that's beside the point. If you think it will make the story better, then do it. Don't worry about other games.

Reactions: Syploore

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I don't play VNs and I rarely play male-MC, but I would find it interesting to have a female character that is 100% on MC's side, helping him procure harem members and being a loyal companion / servant, but who is also untouchable for whatever reason. I liked it in Overwhored with Tower Mistress, while it lasted.

Syploore

Jun 14, 2020
I don't play VNs and I rarely play male-MC, but I would find it interesting to have a female character that is 100% on MC's side, helping him procure harem members and being a loyal companion / servant, but who is also untouchable for whatever reason. I liked it in Overwhored with Tower Mistress, while it lasted.
That's not what I meant, but thanks for the answer.

Ying Ko

Jun 16, 2018
In the past, the inclusion of off limits "landladies" have ruined experiences, that I would have otherwise enjoyed if they had never been introduced.

Reactions: kidoman

Odlanier

Jun 23, 2020

The first example is generally not tolerated at all.
It depends on the male character. If he is a best friend or is the father of the mc with whom he is in good relations, it can be tolerated.Their relationship should be there from the start of the story itself (flashbacks/memories included). It also depends on the way the female character is portrayed. Bad Example

Last edited:

Syploore

Jun 14, 2020
The first example is generally not tolerated at all.
It depends on the male character. If he is a best friend or is the father of the mc with whom he is in good relations, it can be tolerated.Their relationship should be there from the start of the story itself (flashbacks/memories included). It also depends on the way the female character is portrayed. Bad Example
Thanks for the answer and example.

Outmen

Jan 29, 2022
I remember the MC had a sister in Become a Rock Star, who was totally untouchable. But I'm not sure how important she was to the story plot.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Both Lineage or Legacy and Elite Garden have attractive, unfuckable female characters (a mom and sister, respectively). People tend to be be vocal about that sort of thing. Although based on my 2 examples and Becoming a Rockstar/WVM previously mentioned, maybe it's mostly an incest community thing? Like its unfathomable to them that a family member would ever be unfuckable.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
i would feel miffed because what is the point of adding an attractive important girl if you can't have sex with her? does the dev want to tease the players? then i think the dev should make the game about that kink, not just have one character being an untouchable tease. if it happens late in the game, it's one thing, but playing the entire game not being able to nail the hot mom, just why?

Reactions: Ying Ko and kidoman