Oct 26, 2017
For players who want more relaxed combat and focus more on intimacy and story, easy is the way? Or easy, is a bit unlike most games, where it is "easier" by giving you more points to spend on? l do remember games(not F95) where easy is still not a walk in a park and you need to be on guard, but in a more relaxed way.

Hmm, yes, l remember Dragon Age Origins had a pretty good example of "easy" being relaxing combat but you still need to have heals ready.

Reactions: DickgirlEnjoyer

Soulbringer99

Nov 11, 2019
It seems the animation sprite for the MC has become one of the grey ones after getting back from the Shapeshifter Tribe. Maybe it had something to do with the temp Val transformation? Earlier saves than the festival seem to have it show up. Any idea how to remedy?

Edit: Confirmed that it's the temp Val transformation during the festival that breaks your animation sprite from then on. Makes it the default gray instead of any of the MCs. Not choosing that keeps it working afterwards. As far as I'm aware there's no sprite reset anywhere in settings. The one at the bottom of the screen on a new day doesn't do it.

Last edited:

DeepInteractivity

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2020
For players who want more relaxed combat and focus more on intimacy and story, easy is the way? Or easy, is a bit unlike most games, where it is "easier" by giving you more points to spend on? l do remember games(not F95) where easy is still not a walk in a park and you need to be on guard, but in a more relaxed way.

Hmm, yes, l remember Dragon Age Origins had a pretty good example of "easy" being relaxing combat but you still need to have heals ready.
No shame for playing on easy, for some people getting good at the game's combat takes quite some time.

It seems the animation sprite for the MC has become one of the grey ones after getting back from the Shapeshifter Tribe. Maybe it had something to do with the temp Val transformation? Earlier saves than the festival seem to have it show up. Any idea how to remedy?

Edit: Confirmed that it's the temp Val transformation during the festival that breaks your animation sprite from then on. Makes it the default gray instead of any of the MCs. Not choosing that keeps it working afterwards. As far as I'm aware there's no sprite reset anywhere in settings. The one at the bottom of the screen on a new day doesn't do it.
Yeah, I received another report about this. It'll be fixed in the next update (y)

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
l was asking if easy changes anything in the game, l wanted a more detailed information
Difficulties mostly just change your starting stat points and how fast you can level them. Naturally, having higher overall stats makes combat a bit easier, but you will still have to learn how the combat system works and figure out winning strategies if you want to get far.

In my opinion, the difficulty options impact more how difficult it is to clear stat checks in story events than anything else.

On easy, if you are dilligent with your training, you can pass pretty much every stat check in the game.
On normal, you will mostly only be able to pass checks on the stats you chose to specialize in.
On hard, you will probably fail all checks but the ones that only check for your best stats.

I personally prefer to play on Easy because it lets me clear all checks and take my pick of how I want to deal with different events (although it still requires some dilligent training). Normal is also fine if you are familiar with the game and already have a route of how you want to train your stats plotted out. Hard I don't enjoy much since I like to enjoy this game for the story, and Hard is a mode where you are pretty much limited to struggling to win in spite of your crappy stats.

Reactions: DeepInteractivity

Wyrtyn

Nov 7, 2022

Easy gives you more stats and stat gain, you prob can't just turn your mind off but it shouldn't be hard to build a build around one or two stats/attacks

Wyrtyn

Nov 7, 2022
Difficulties mostly just change your starting stat points and how fast you can level them. Naturally, having higher overall stats makes combat a bit easier, but you will still have to learn how the combat system works and figure out winning strategies if you want to get far.

In my opinion, the difficulty options impact more how difficult it is to clear stat checks in story events than anything else.

On easy, if you are dilligent with your training, you can pass pretty much every stat check in the game.
On normal, you will mostly only be able to pass checks on the stats you chose to specialize in.
On hard, you will probably fail all checks but the ones that only check for your best stats.

I personally prefer to play on Easy because it lets me clear all checks and take my pick of how I want to deal with different events (although it still requires some dilligent training). Normal is also fine if you are familiar with the game and already have a route of how you want to train your stats plotted out. Hard I don't enjoy much since I like to enjoy this game for the story, and Hard is a mode where you are pretty much limited to struggling to win in spite of your crappy stats.
Hard/masochist isn't struggling as much as hyper focusing on one stat and laying out your fights beforehand by initiating them when you got every advantage(they got bondage or low resources). Your main issue is group fights where your defensive stats struggle to survive focus fire. Cold guts, flaunt etc are all pretty important on those difficulties.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Hard/masochist isn't struggling as much as hyper focusing on one stat and laying out your fights beforehand by initiating them when you got every advantage(they got bondage or low resources). Your main issue is group fights where your defensive stats struggle to survive focus fire. Cold guts, flaunt etc are all pretty important on those difficulties.
My point was more that figuring out how to win fights/farm merit is the only thing you work towards in higher difficulties. I'm less engaged with the whole "training to build up your character" aspect of the game if I'm going to inevitably fail 90%+ of all the stat checks I run into during story events and the most viable strategies involve just training the same stat over and over everyday.

It can still be an interesting challenge in itself and maybe worth doing at least once when the game has an ending and you can actually "win" it, but right now I personally don't find it fun to play on the "harder" difficulties compared to the "easier" ones (except for "baby" though, that's where you can legit shut your brain off while playing).

Wyrtyn

Nov 7, 2022
My point was more that figuring out how to win fights/farm merit is the only thing you work towards in higher difficulties. I'm less engaged with the whole "training to build up your character" aspect of the game if I'm going to inevitably fail 90%+ of all the stat checks I run into during story events and the most viable strategies involve just training the same stat over and over everyday.

It can still be an interesting challenge in itself and maybe worth doing at least once when the game has an ending and you can actually "win" it, but right now I personally don't find it fun to play on the "harder" difficulties compared to the "easier" ones (except for "baby" though, that's where you can legit shut your brain off while playing).
> if I'm going to inevitably fail 90%+ of all the stat checks

Not sure on that, my experience is 60-80 depending on if ur build is resilience or nah.
At least in month 1 most check are pretty low - in the early teens, and since the system means levelling just one stat is too expensive long term you can pick up some of the checks. Get the point tho, but at least the game often gives multiple options even if you fail the check to keep RP up. Personally i just like when i have to squeeze advantages in games, i dislike reloading too and prefer to instead have to plan and risk assess things, it then feels pretty great when your prep/forethought makes the difference between winning and losing.

I'd say that higher difficulty helps you feel like Rose/MC should also - as way behind her peers and having 2 be resourceful. Once you get familiar with the game i feel normal doesn't quite keep the MC behind the 8 ball as much as it does on your first playthrough. In general imo all difficulties are good for their intended purpose

4.20 star(s) 22 Votes