T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I agree. Most authors (and most players too, to be honest) just have a very faint grasp at what a satisfying BDSM relationship could be, and how such a relationship develops over time, be it a D/s or a S/M one. Beyond the bullying scene in class minutes only after the protagonist introduced herself, I also had a good chuckle at the (conclusion of the) scene at the spa.

This being said, the game shows promise. I don't count myself among the crowd that is bothered by the CG placeholders, since I know that creating good art always takes time, especially gorgeous 2D art. The character sprites are well done, so I have my hopes up for the rest.

I had played an older version before testing the new one, so I was pleasantly surprised by the addition of several interesting characters to the story, and am now curious to see how their interactions will unfold in the future. Maybe are there more characters planned, like teachers or parents ?

As the author said, the game needs time (and some serious polishing I guess). That doesn't sound unreasonable if we eventually get to play an enjoyable VN.
So as a general idea I agree that most games don't really have a grasp on the mechanics or psychology of an actual BDSM relationship or even an unhealthy kinky relationship.

But from both short term observation and from speaking to the writer, I actually think this might pull it off.

A bit of credentials first. BDSM educator of five years, former board member of my local dungeon. Been in a few D/s relationship that lasted years.

I think that Violet and the MC, in their scenes, are being portrayed competently as almost stumbling into a D/s dynamic. Neither of them knows totally what they want or what it would look like, so they're fumbling at it.

I also think the game seems to have a pretty decent understanding of the psychology of it from the initiated. Matt doesn't know how to channel being a Dom productively so he's kind of play acting at it. The MC doesn't know how to be a sub so she's following along out of intirest but is kept at a distance by his failures.

The writing isn't always expert. The Violet confession scene needed a bit more finesse. But, I think it gets it down reasonably well. Better then most at least.

Qazex Saw

Feb 6, 2018
Spent nearly two in-game weeks basically doing nothing but going from school->job->school->job.
I feel like there could be more exciting repeating events than just stuff like feeling sleepy in class or doing poorly in your job.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Spent nearly two in-game weeks basically doing nothing but going from school->job->school->job.
I feel like there could be more exciting repeating events than just stuff like feeling sleepy in class or doing poorly in your job.
You hit a content wall. I do agree though that more generics are needed for school/work. But, would you rather get more meat content or more short generics?

Kira77

Jun 2, 2017
I mean this is pretty much version 0.09, since the next version will be 0.10(as confirmed in the changelog).

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I mean this is pretty much version 0.09, since the next version will be 0.10(as confirmed in the changelog).
They've added a fair amount in v.010 including new cg, events and art, for v0.11 they are focusing solely on the artwork.

Supernova0990

Jan 14, 2019
I have a problem with the CG scenes. They don't play for me.
I tried playing the game with troubleshoot and as an administrator but that didn't work.
What can I do to fix this?

Reactions: Xevioni

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I tried playing the game with troubleshoot and as an administrator but that didn't work.
Nothing there are only a few scenes with cg, if you want cg you will have to wait for v0.10 which will have more, Hizor are focusing on added much more cg, sprites etc for v0.11

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Subscribe to the patreon. The CGs will mysteriously appear.

• Haha
Reactions: Hones

Xevioni

Sep 20, 2018
Screenshots don't match up with the game. Pretty clear that we're waiting for an update and every person downloading this is going to get disappointed. Don't update pictures if we can't even experience a bit of it.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Screenshots don't match up with the game. Pretty clear that we're waiting for an update and every person downloading this is going to get disappointed. Don't update pictures if we can't even experience a bit of it.
They are the images on Hizors Patreon page. They are in v0.10 and up, v0.10 is available to patreons now.

Xevioni

Sep 20, 2018
They are the images on Hizors Patreon page. They are in v0.10 and up, v0.10 is available to patreons now.
A large amount of people won't know this, and overall most people aren't looking to climb the paywall.

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
Ok... i must admit that the game is very cool, despite random encounters. I mean i REALLY like submissive routes here. And humiliation from the manager in the bakery.

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
But from both short term observation and from speaking to the writer, I actually think this might pull it off.
As I said, I genuinely think the game shows promise. Some of the character interactions definitely seemed interesting and original enough (as in, not seen before hundreds of times in other games) for me to provide feedback.

I think that Violet and the MC, in their scenes, are being portrayed competently as almost stumbling into a D/s dynamic. Neither of them knows totally what they want or what it would look like, so they're fumbling at it.
I thought it weren't the characters stumbling into discovering power-play mechanics, but the author him/herself.

If this can be argued for the protagonist, since we get to define her (and I definitely did not play her as naive or hesitating, delivering a well-earned slap to Matt the very instant he clumsily attempted something ridiculous on her), Violet is introduced as someone constantly competing in her upper-class family for status, and probably wanting to extend it to her school as well. While she could be a switch (I believe the potential is there for everyone, provided the right dominant) and as far as I understand it she is, nothing in her demeanour really showed it. In my mind, she reads more or less like a MCQ to me, that an inexperienced author presented to players to fill out, perhaps with the intention not to force anything on the player that they wouldn't wish.

There is nothing that points to Violet having a relationship with other students or the teaching staff, except some condescending thoughts that she only seems to share with the protagonist. There is nothing happening at school or in the city that shows that she is respected, feared, liked or maybe disliked.

All in all, I think that it makes Violet a very wish-washy character, that awaits player input to exist, which never leaves a memorable lasting impression, which is a shame, because it's the character I initially had the most interest in.

I also think the game seems to have a pretty decent understanding of the psychology of it from the initiated. Matt doesn't know how to channel being a Dom productively so he's kind of play acting at it. The MC doesn't know how to be a sub so she's following along out of interest but is kept at a distance by his failures.
I admit I haven't seen anything of Matt past the early rebuking and his subsequent disappearance in the class, which sums up to nothing at all.

This being said, I think that a mind/spineless bully as you describe him would make a very (very) poor Dom (or even sadist dominant). Mindless, because it's a poor copy/pasta from the thousands of other games which already host that trope : grope the protag at the first chance, then don't stop, thinking she would eventually drop into submission with an aheago face. Spineless, because there is nothing dominating or self-asserting in the demeanour of someone who has to be sneaky about it, minutes only after meeting the other character, not giving anyone the chance to enter a situation of power-play.

From what you tell me, there is nothing at all which inspires me to further look into that kind of relationship between the protagonist and himself either. Even if she was shy, timid, naive and whatever, even pure masochists surely have some standards. Someone who hesitates, stumbles and fails at every step of his life does not qualify to ever be a Dom.

The writing isn't always expert. The Violet confession scene needed a bit more finesse.
For sure. Beyond that, it is my belief that the author needs to reflect on where he wants to lead his characters, who he wants them to really be within the frame of the story of his game. Without wanting to sound offensive, some input of experienced smut authors might also help.

One doesn't wake up at 18/21 years with a blank sheet as personality like Violet. Matt ought to either have grown into a full-fledged despicable bully with a spine, inspiring terror to the whole class, or into something else than a walking laughing stock attempting pre-teen doctor-play antics on strangers.

I think that other characters were much more accomplished, like the bakery girl, the cheerleader captain or even the obvious cases of Olivia and Damien, so again all is not bad, far from it. The SMS game feature for example is fantastic, and would allow for so much more to happen, or to be introduced into a much smoother fashion.

But, I think it gets it down reasonably well. Better then most at least.
Gets down reasonably? Well, I don't know. I would say... promising, with some serious need for polishing for some of the characters. Better than most? Yes, but that is unfortunately not an achievement given the poor performance in average of other writers on this site.

I hope the author will not give up, and set him/herself a higher standard than that. I believe they can do it, and it definitely would be very refreshing.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
As I said, I genuinely think the game shows promise. Some of the character interactions definitely seemed interesting and original enough (as in, not seen before hundreds of times in other games) for me to provide feedback.

I thought it weren't the characters stumbling into discovering power-play mechanics, but the author him/herself.

If this can be argued for the protagonist, since we get to define her (and I definitely did not play her as naive or hesitating, delivering a well-earned slap to Matt the very instant he clumsily attempted something ridiculous on her), Violet is introduced as someone constantly competing in her upper-class family for status, and probably wanting to extend it to her school as well. While she could be a switch (I believe the potential is there for everyone, provided the right dominant) and as far as I understand it she is, nothing in her demeanour really showed it. In my mind, she reads more or less like a MCQ to me, that an inexperienced author presented to players to fill out, perhaps with the intention not to force anything on the player that they wouldn't wish.

There is nothing that points to Violet having a relationship with other students or the teaching staff, except some condescending thoughts that she only seems to share with the protagonist. There is nothing happening at school or in the city that shows that she is respected, feared, liked or maybe disliked.

All in all, I think that it makes Violet a very wish-washy character, that awaits player input to exist, which never leaves a memorable lasting impression, which is a shame, because it's the character I initially had the most interest in.

I admit I haven't seen anything of Matt past the early rebuking and his subsequent disappearance in the class, which sums up to nothing at all.

This being said, I think that a mind/spineless bully as you describe him would make a very (very) poor Dom (or even sadist dominant). Mindless, because it's a poor copy/pasta from the thousands of other games which already host that trope : grope the protag at the first chance, then don't stop, thinking she would eventually drop into submission with an aheago face. Spineless, because there is nothing dominating or self-asserting in the demeanour of someone who has to be sneaky about it, minutes only after meeting the other character, not giving anyone the chance to enter a situation of power-play.

From what you tell me, there is nothing at all which inspires me to further look into that kind of relationship between the protagonist and himself either. Even if she was shy, timid, naive and whatever, even pure masochists surely have some standards. Someone who hesitates, stumbles and fails at every step of his life does not qualify to ever be a Dom.

For sure. Beyond that, it is my belief that the author needs to reflect on where he wants to lead his characters, who he wants them to really be within the frame of the story of his game. Without wanting to sound offensive, some input of experienced smut authors might also help.

One doesn't wake up at 18/21 years with a blank sheet as personality like Violet. Matt ought to either have grown into a full-fledged despicable bully with a spine, inspiring terror to the whole class, or into something else than a walking laughing stock attempting pre-teen doctor-play antics on strangers.

I think that other characters were much more accomplished, like the bakery girl, the cheerleader captain or even the obvious cases of Olivia and Damien, so again all is not bad, far from it. The SMS game feature for example is fantastic, and would allow for so much more to happen, or to be introduced into a much smoother fashion.

Gets down reasonably? Well, I don't know. I would say... promising, with some serious need for polishing for some of the characters. Better than most? Yes, but that is unfortunately not an achievement given the poor performance in average of other writers on this site.

I hope the author will not give up, and set him/herself a higher standard than that. I believe they can do it, and it definitely would be very refreshing.
You might like the group's discord server. Hizor and the writing staff are pretty responsive and you seem like you have a good head on your shoulders despite not fully agreeing with your critique.

deesosa

Dec 15, 2018
Some people here seem to have a reading comprehension, if you want the newest update subscribe to the patreon or wait for someone to post it here.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I really do like this game but it's heavy on the RNG. I can't tell you how long it was before I met violet. The game ended after the spa but no further scenes because I ran out of days.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I really do like this game but it's heavy on the RNG. I can't tell you how long it was before I met violet. The game ended after the spa but no further scenes because I ran out of days.
Yeah, I also had that problem a bunch. I let Hizor know about it and as I understand there is a mode without the day limit in the new Patreon version.

3.90 star(s) 97 Votes